Wings in space

sorry, but no. It would move it much stronger and with much more precision, but slower. If you want quicker, just stick it to the hull. But than you lose precision.

Lever is a device which sacrifice speed to gain strength.

Oh, and putting thruster engine on a wing brings less vibration as well. Many nice crafts went apart because of vibrations out of control (like my balls on my old bike).

Depends on the booster’s size, and you will want to rotate the axis (the main chassis, where weps and pilot are) and the velocity in which the center turns is equal,  because lets fixate a number, a 15000 newtons (i dont know it thats much), lets say a little thruster produce that strenght, if you attack it closer to the chassis, it will make it turn slowlier than if it was near the end of the wing, even so if on the other wing you have another thruster on the oposite side of the wing (instead of down, up) then you have 2 thrusters making the same movement, and able to stabilize the ship much faster, and twist it much easier since the lever made there would multiply the strenght of the thruster, making it faster, well, im no expert in physics, but when you want a plane to fly sideways, you pull that thing that increases the height of one wing, and lower from the other wing… BAM the ship turns sideways quickly, then you move both of those things to increase height, and BAM it “turns right” as compared to its initial position MUCH faster.

Can someone with physics knowledge expand our knowledge and explain this things please?

http://th08.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/i/2010/247/e/e/avenger_mk_7_drone_fighter_by_senlienz-d2xzh5j.png

Inspired on a mixture of imperial gunship + wolf hull. HEHEHHEHE

http://th04.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/i/2013/040/0/9/frelisklan_class_assault_craft_by_senlienz-d5ubw65.png

Reminds me i think tornado battleship if im not mistaken. Anyway, from EVE.

Except those ships are older than both games. The Avenger is from last decade and the Frelisklan has 2-3 years, now. We spent a LOOOOOOOONG time trying to come up with how best to fit everything inside those things. Energy generation, fuel, engines, thrusters, weapons, computers (targeting, sensors), drone AI… And those were the results. The wings, power supply and cargo pod on the Frelis detach for easy replacement and fast deployment, same with the nacelles, engines and power supply on the Avenger.

Watto strokes his chin and says: “Ah, nice ship… Nubian”.

Even he knows…

We’ve got official artwork showing a Joker landing on a planet, suggesting the ships (or Fighters and Interceptors at any rate) are intended to operate in atmosphere. Hence, they require wings.

We’ve got official artwork showing a Joker landing on a planet

where I can see that?

I think it was on the launch window, so I don’t know where those artwork elements are kept after they’re taken down.

Wouldn’t the wings be used to space the radioactive materials in the weapons away from the pilot also the only reason VTOL’s have wings it so that engines aren’t too close to the centre of mass causing the VTOL to flip over

If you dont like wings, fly alligator

If you dont like wings, fly alligator

Mauler

Wouldn’t the wings be used to space the radioactive materials in the weapons away from the pilot also the only reason VTOL’s have wings it so that engines aren’t too close to the centre of mass causing the VTOL to flip over

Have you seen the weapon placement on most of these ships? They’re extremely close to the cockpit/bridge.

For cool ships how about the Paris class Frigate from halo?

It’s a giant space cannon covered in smaller space cannons with engines how can you not love it

post-242159-0-44216000-1390215311.png

It’s a giant space cannon covered in smaller space cannons with engines how can you not love it

It is fun and nice, but I prefer more grimdark stuff, like the Abaddon’s Planet Killer.

A big cannon battery powered by the warp energies of the Chaos Gods.

Planet_Killer_firing.jpg

So are Marathons and their cannon is far bigger.

Okay, then what is the most powerful ship in the known “sci fi universe?” 

Sure, some might say the “Death Star” with out batting a eye lid, but I want something thats a ship, not a fake moon. 

Sure, some might say the “Death Star” with out batting a eye lid, but I want something thats a ship, not a fake moon. 

sun_crusher-02675.jpg

Made of nanocrystaline alloys, it is essentially an invulnerable fighter ship, armed with resonance torpedoes capable of making a star go nova and obliterate a whole solar system.

The only way to destroy it was to dump it into a black hole cluster, and even then, they are not sure it got destroyed, but at least was put out of reach of anyone in the galaxy.

Also, you have the first ones ships in Babylon 5. Those 4 ships were capable of kill a whole fleet of vorlon and shadow vessels like they where flies. And vorlons and shadows are races with more than 1 million years of technologic development. In fact the first ones tech is so advanced that is considered “magic”

first%20ones%20cool%20ride.PNG

FirstoneShip_03.png

FirstoneShip_04.png

There is none. Know why? Because their concepts are made so they all have a random weakness somewhere  :lol:

Tho i’d probably choose Angelwing from Nexus: The Jupiter Incident simply because of it’s AI, Angel.

Okay, that was flippin awesome! 

The sun crusher gets no points for looking good, but its power is crazy! 

I say my House of Gods.

http://i.imgur.com/LYligMr.jpg (placeholder image, the actual thing is relatively smaller)

I can enumerate a thousand reasons as to why you wouldn’t want that thing near your planet or fleets and another dozen as to why you wouldn’t want to blow it up. And I’m still not done with the list…

The Super Star Destroyer Eclypse was created after the “Hoth Battle”. It was using the same “SuperLazor” than the first “Death Star” but instead of a combinaison of 8 Lazors, this ship only use 1. Making it unable to “blow up” Planets but powerfull enough to “Cook the planet” :D.

The Super Star Destroyer Eclypse II was also created after the destruction of the first one.

17.5 km Long, 500 Turbolazors / 550 Heavy Turbolazors / 70 Ions cannon / 100 tractors beams and 10 Gravity Generators + 1 SuperLazor !

Super High armored hull / OverPowered Shield Deflectors (Only another SuperLazor was able to break them) and with the same speed than a Star Destroyer Victory class 1 + Hyperdrive class 2 !

It was able to have in the hangar :

600 Interceptors TIE

96 Bombers TIE 

Maintenance Ship / Transport Flotilla ectect

or

1 Star Destroyer Victory Class xD

The Super Star Destroyer Eclypse

I saw an SW ship, once that, in size, it’d put the Eclypse on a shelf… I can’t remember where or what it was called, but it was just massive…