Wings in space

We all know it’s wrong to have wings in space. They have no use, except making a ship easier to hit and making it heavier, harder to move, more expensive… (not in this game ofc).

But, wings look nice.

So, let’s vote and see if we need wings on our ships.

Maybe some fresh ideas would be good what to use wings for? Like holding antennas, shield relays, module distributors, guns, missiles…

low-orbit…

Some spaceships can travel at the Thermosphere. There, they need wings and fins to turn and stabilize themselves.

sooo whats the other option?? buch o balls flying around? heh heh space balls heh hehheh B^P and what if we have to go into atmosphere?? our balls would drop like rocks!! so yes we need wings kuz i don’t wana be balls!!

Atmospheric Flight? Given that those ships are SSTOs…

Also they can be used as Pylons for Weapon Platforms, Collectors etc…

But yeah… some of those ships must have quite the weired center of mass, given the placement of RCS thrusters.

Wings are definitely needed. 

Low orbit flying, atmosphere flying with VTOL capabilities, and even stabilization. 

Wings are definitely needed. 

Low orbit flying, atmosphere flying with VTOL capabilities, and even stabilization. 

You need Wings for VTOL? Thats new…

eh, why not. 

eh, why not. 

but… why???  :lol:

Only useful would be airbreaks and they stand in a 90 degree angle to the flight direction (best case).

but… why???  :lol:

paul%2Bchadeisson%2Bvtol%2Bspacecraft%2B

Cause they look awesome, thats why! 

I don’t care if it’s atmospheric flight or not, wings look aestethic as f*ck!

Fuel expenditures on long flights in atmo.

You want to fly without wings.Maybe it would be good to sit in your cube and  fly.

You want to fly without wings (Ace)

Oh, no no no… We already have an overabundance of aces in this game, no more are needed.

Most fins and wings in the game are just there for aesthetic purposes. Almost anyone has aerodynamic profile, and some fins and ailerons are just plain bad (like the Formula 1 type aileron in the swarm model. That think will throw the ship out of balance all the time)

But they are cool, and in most cases they serve as turret mountings.

I prefer to thing they are used as shield relays and energy projectors.

Or mounts for microthrusters

Well, we already have cockpits in the front of the ships, wide-open and easy to target (lol at the design), so why can’t we have more nonsense like wings? Voted yes for the lulz.

And then there is a Mauler

Does that behemoth have ANY vectored thrusting whatsoever? I swear to god, I have not noticed anything on the hull…

Or the tiger…