Empire snipers?

Do we need to aim at the target? no, just go near it and spam…

Damage scales based on the distance to the center of the explosion, plus the major part of the torpedo’s damage is the damage over time from the cloud, so using it well isn’t all that easy really. Both types of LRF become rather easy if in squad with a tackler though.

Damage scales based on the distance to the center of the explosion, plus the major part of the torpedo’s damage is the damage over time from the cloud, so using it well isn’t all that easy really. Both types of LRF become rather easy if in squad with a tackler though.

The problem is that now the torpedoers think they get better scores by doing dammage and leave the finish job to other players.

Thats why i believe that the torpedo should be completely reworked, if it is suposed to be a long range precision weapon, then put the torpedo with high maneuverability, better speed, better dammage (crude impact dammage) and small explosion radius and no DOT. That way the nawbs that fly it should need to be VERY good to kill anything or even to dammage anything. Or Just rework the class itself, remove the “long range module” and transform it into a heavy gunship with a little more range. So instead of torpedo spamming we would see lazors, or positron shots or something else, or perhaps a “Smart missile” with high maneuverability to hit any frig at least, but lesser dammage on impact and more area denial but not required to maneuver the missile.

The fact is, something must be done to prevent the current way it is, every nawb grabbing LRF thinking they will make a diference with their UBBER sniping habilities.

I agree 100% with this PART: 

The problem is that now the torpedoers think they get better scores by doing dammage and leave the finish job to other players.

Thats why i believe that the torpedo should be completely reworked, if it is suposed to be a long range precision weapon, then put the torpedo with high maneuverability, better speed, better dammage (crude impact dammage) and small explosion radius and no DOT. That way the nawbs that fly it should need to be VERY good to kill anything or even to dammage anything.

The torps used to front-load all damage, same as nukes and self-destruct. The devs rightly moved away from these one-shot kill abilities and I hope we won’t see them again.

The only problem in the LRF balancing is that they didn’t bring the disintegrator in line with other weapons insofar as its damage output does not scale based on the ship class of the target as it should. If you applied the standard 100%/75%/50% scale to it then it would be fine, not one-shotting interceptors but a viable weapon vs frigates.

The torps used to front-load all damage, same as nukes and self-destruct. The devs rightly moved away from these one-shot kill abilities and I hope we won’t see them again.

The only problem in the LRF balancing is that they didn’t bring the disintegrator in line with other weapons insofar as its damage output does not scale based on the ship class of the target as it should. If you applied the standard 100%/75%/50% scale to it then it would be fine, not one-shotting interceptors but a viable weapon vs frigates.

Well, lets speak trully here, it is 10000x harder to snipe an interceptor than any other class, so it is VERY balanced, if you reduce the dammage it would be a double nerf versus interceptors. Unless with the reduction in dammage came a huge boost in projectile speed, to ensure frig hits, fighter hits, and make easier to hit on inties aswell.

I disagree. With tachyon charge it’s not all that hard even in higher tiers, and in lower tiers it’s ridiculously easy because ships are so slow.

I disagree. With tachyon charge it’s not all that hard even in higher tiers, and in lower tiers it’s ridiculously easy because ships are so slow.

Perhaps with low ping what you said is true. Even i with high ping hit some interceptors sometimes. But, if the pilot is skilled it gets insanely hard to hit it witn sniper shot.

And as kostyan said in another post, game has to be balanced around elite players, so, i maintain my opinion, even if you get a very skilled sniper, versus a very skilled pilot in any other ship, the interceptor will be considered 100x harder to hit, even with tachyon. So thats seems balanced enough for me, ints die on one shot (without EB) but to land one shot it is VERY hard comparing to other ships.

Perhaps with low ping what you said is true. Even i with high ping hit some interceptors sometimes. But, if the pilot is skilled it gets insanely hard to hit it witn sniper shot.

And as kostyan said in another post, game has to be balanced around elite players, so, i maintain my opinion, even if you get a very skilled sniper, versus a very skilled pilot in any other ship, the interceptor will be considered 100x harder to hit, even with tachyon. So thats seems balanced enough for me, ints die on one shot (without EB) but to land one shot it is VERY hard comparing to other ships.

Even the best of the best don’t move in zig zag all the time. You have to wait the moment, and be ready to load tachyon and aim in less than one second.

Can some one explain to me how to fit a LRF like a gunship? 

I will summon Rakza

*Derpstructor*

1393272269-derpstructor.png

What tier and what type? Ira Deus T3:

zx6C4S9.jpg

The missing active slot was a multiphase. You need the pulsar or any ECM will eat you alive.

Mmm. looks good, I heard that positrons were really good to use as well. 

Mmm. looks good, I heard that positrons were really good to use as well. 

around 9k dmg on shields with 0resist (fully charged)

While testing 19k on guard were my max dmg

btw in T3 if lucky you can one shot ceptor

Thanx for posting residente very kind lol

Tried some matches on Harpy and seen viseo…and this stuff doesn’t really fit my case… Anyway I’ve found the player and i will report so devs can get into this :wink:

Hello, the video I was talking about was not from Zerk1 but from GVOZD, and I managed to find it.

This is also another worth watching Empire LRF gameplay.

If you’re annoyed about getting one-shot by disintegrators, how about this:

Nerf the damage, but give it an additional effect of greatly reducing the target’s resistances for ~10 seconds. This would mean:

1. If your target is engaged with someone else you may not kill them, but they’re in for a world of extra hurt from your ally. Rewards supporting your allies.

2. One shot might not kill any more, but hitting twice in a row will *really* hurt. Rewards consistency.

Nerf the damage, but give it an additional effect of greatly reducing the target’s resistances for ~10 seconds. This would mean:

1. If your target is engaged with someone else you may not kill them, but they’re in for a world of extra hurt from your ally. Rewards supporting your allies.

2. One shot might not kill any more, but hitting twice in a row will *really* hurt. Rewards consistency.

this would actually make lrf true damage support vessels. As long as the damage nerf isnt TOO much i give this a +1.

I wouldnt mind on a damage nerf if we were able to shoot  but with the normal camera, not that blue zoomed in one. 

It would increase the vision field of the players, allowing them to notice where they are getting shot from.

I don’t understand why a “sniper” has a reduced vision field when using the sniping mode. Yes you have a zoom, but sometimes you don’t want it, it would be cool if we could change the zoom, I mean we are in the 41th century, we should have such technology in this game  :lol:

If you are getting one shotted too often by snipers, you are most likely doing something VERY wrong.

If you CAN be one shoted with a desintegrator either you dont have EB, or, you took the first shot and still didnt go for cover or started evasive maneuvers, OR you have fitted your ship incorrectly.

I dont get it, OFC there are very skilled snipers that hit almost always, but if you fly your ship correctly, keeping in mind where the sniper is, and which axis to move to achieve high variation you can dodge easily 90% of the shots…

But i think that some mechanics should be really changed so we dont have so many freaking LRFs in the game, not just the empire one, but the jerry one.

I wouldnt mind on a damage nerf if we were able to shoot  but with the normal camera, not that blue zoomed in one. 

It would increase the vision field of the players, allowing them to notice where they are getting shot from.

I don’t understand why a “sniper” has a reduced vision field when using the sniping mode. Yes you have a zoom, but sometimes you don’t want it, it would be cool if we could change the zoom, I mean w e are in the 41th century, we shou ld have such technology in this game  :lol:

By that century we should have auto tracking turrets aswell (like in Eve), not manual aim like we have. But for the sake of Fun, they decided to grab Counter Strike, stretch the battlefield to 20Km and turn the soldiers into spaceships.

By that century we should have auto tracking turrets aswell (like in Eve), not manual aim like we have. But for the sake of Fun, they decided to grab Counter Strike, stretch the battlefield to 20Km and turn the soldiers into spaceships.

In the lore or somewhere else it’s said that in the 41th century we are back to the old school system because it’s more precise than auto aim. I remember reading literally that.