Empire snipers?

Well, i started leveling for real my sniper yesterday (my T3 snipers) and i must say, i need to lear a little about positioning, and compensate for the fact that i have 300ms handicap to deal with. But it is awesome, not a boring ship, it is great. The problem is that the nawb comunity think they have to put those increase dammage/speeed modules, and they are forced to use the special module.

Try to use it as a heavy gunship, you will se the havoc you will cause, the power of making an ceptor that is comming for you to run away before reaching half the distance with a huge positron crit to the face. I admit it is boring as hell playing against a team with 2 torpedoes and 2 snipers, cause you are always under fire when flying a LRF, but that is life.

When i was playing with Templar AE to max it out, i did about 15 kills in one match using it as a heavy gunship. It was so fun to eat the entire shield of a great guard with 2 shots, also making emp snipers run away when they try to gunship it. Engies (fed ones) run towards you, and then suddenly change course with 1/3 of the hull left . kkkkkkkkkk. But of couse, the jerry one could use a very big increase in surv since they die with 1 xxxx.

And btw, what they said about dodging the sniper shots even on xxxx frig, it is very possible to do, i think when i play a frig only 20% of the shots land on me, and usually it happens when there are more than 1 sniper, or, the sniper has like 40ms ping when im having 400ms.

Well, i started leveling for real my sniper yesterday (my T3 snipers) and i must say, i need to lear a little about positioning, and compensate for the fact that i have 300ms handicap to deal with. But it is awesome, not a boring ship, it is great. The problem is that the nawb comunity think they have to put those increase dammage/speeed modules, and they are forced to use the special module.

Try to use it as a heavy gunship, you will se the havoc you will cause, the power of making an ceptor that is comming for you to run away before reaching half the distance with a huge positron crit to the face. I admit it is boring as hell playing against a team with 2 torpedoes and 2 snipers, cause you are always under fire when flying a LRF, but that is life.

When i was playing with Templar AE to max it out, i did about 15 kills in one match using it as a heavy gunship. It was so fun to eat the entire shield of a great guard with 2 shots, also making emp snipers run away when they try to gunship it. Engies (fed ones) run towards you, and then suddenly change course with 1/3 of the hull left . kkkkkkkkkk. But of couse, the jerry one could use a very big increase in surv since they die with 1 xxxx.

And btw, what they said about dodging the sniper shots even on xxxx frig, it is very possible to do, i think when i play a frig only 20% of the shots land on me, and usually it happens when there are more than 1 sniper, or, the sniper has like 40ms ping when im having 400ms.

For Jericho sniping, don’t stray too far from between your spawn site and your team, and the closer to the team the better.  Be near an asteroid, but you can still keep your line of sight a lot of the time.

For Jericho gunboat, keep your slow xxxx near your team at all times!  I killed you the other day while you were grinding.  I think maybe you were trying to flank, but with the speed and survivability it can be suicide.  It’s like the exact opposite of a Fed gunship, you’re really slow and relatively tanky.  You need to be more about dishing out DPS than surprising people from behind.

Also, for beacon hunt.  “Skip A, go to B.”  Sit and wait, your prey will come to you.

with the strong main weapons.

its easy to use a long range in offensive way and push with it, if its Sec Con you will most likely get more kills than others and you can easily take beacons.

and since empire snipers has more survival its way easier to use those and just a main weapon with 50-60 000 survival + modules to survive more.

we dont care about t2

it should be equal as a non equipped long range t2. and a stock weapon t2. and it should take some time to kill it in.

if you go t5, it should be the same time to kill it. but its not. 

Since old patch thread was closed moving this piece of discussion here…

Fanfulla:

And talikng about desintagrator…I’m seeing smething weird around…3-4 times got instantly snipered in t5 without the red laser pointing a me at all…Could a player be that good…? I mean activating the desint and instantly be right on the target…? mmm…

Jacxis:

Some snipers position themselves very close to a rock, and they keep their laser pointed at the rock while observing their targets. Considering how snipers have to aim off to hit their mark, their lasers would never be aimed directly at their targets, and the laser pointers only appear for an instant before they fire. At least, that’s the only explanation I can think of.

Jrisom:

I’ve noticed that too.  It’s not often and I can’t be sure it’s a bug but you’re not the only one.  I know I’ve seen it in T3, and I’m not sure about T2.

xKostyan:

I’ve experienced many of those in sec con, and most of the time these came from same people that consistently perform very well on  Emp LRF day after day, so i tend to believe these are “no aming” offhand tachyon charged shots

DestroyHer:

Not really. The “trick” of the LRF desintegrator is to first lock the target, aiming in the space while waiting for the fire to be ready, and then insta-clic on the prediction marker, and do it again…

residente:

That’s what smart snipers do, I’ve seen it in Zerk1’s video too, like DestroyHer said, just lock on the enemy, aim somewhere else and when the shot is ready and the player confident, boom headshot, the worst thing you can do is show him the red line, they will start maneuvering to avoid the shots.

First of all i’d like to watch zerk1’s video… Could anyone share the link? I wanna really get into this…I should have a never used harpy to test this…

If you’re moving the aiming from anywhere else to my prediction marker, i should be able to see the red ray moving, and u know when u have 200-250 strafe speed + acceleration…there’s no way I can be hit by that desint…Yes i was on ceptor… So can’t really undestand how the hell they can instant move the aim on me. Anyway if it’s possible maybe it could be an exploit…I don’t believe devs wanted the desint work in this way…

And for sure I’m gonna report this in game every time it happens. Let’s see if it happens again lol

Since old patch thread was closed moving this piece of discussion here…

Fanfulla:

And talikng about desintagrator…I’m seeing smething weird around…3-4 times got instantly snipered in t5 without the red laser pointing a me at all…Could a player be that good…? I mean activating the desint and instantly be right on the target…? mmm…

Jacxis:

Some snipers position themselves very close to a rock, and they keep their laser pointed at the rock while observing their targets. Considering how snipers have to aim off to hit their mark, their lasers would never be aimed directly at their targets, and the laser pointers only appear for an instant before they fire. At least, that’s the only explanation I can think of.

Jrisom:

I’ve noticed that too.  It’s not often and I can’t be sure it’s a bug but you’re not the only one.  I know I’ve seen it in T3, and I’m not sure about T2.

xKostyan:

I’ve experienced many of those in sec con, and most of the time these came from same people that consistently perform very well on  Emp LRF day after day, so i tend to believe these are “no aming” offhand tachyon charged shots

DestroyHer:

Not really. The “trick” of the LRF desintegrator is to first lock the target, aiming in the space while waiting for the fire to be ready, and then insta-clic on the prediction marker, and do it again…

residente:

That’s what smart snipers do, I’ve seen it in Zerk1’s video too, like DestroyHer said, just lock on the enemy, aim somewhere else and when the shot is ready and the player confident, boom headshot, the worst thing you can do is show him the red line, they will start maneuvering to avoid the shots.

First of all i’d like to watch zerk1’s video… Could anyone share the link? I wanna really get into this…I should have a never used harpy to test this…

If you’re moving the aiming from anywhere else to my prediction marker, i should be able to see the red ray moving, and u know when u have 200-250 strafe speed + acceleration…there’s no way I can be hit by that desint…Yes i was on ceptor… So can’t really undestand how the hell they can instant move the aim on me. Anyway if it’s possible maybe it could be an exploit…I don’t believe devs wanted the desint work in this way…

And for sure I’m gonna report this in game every time it happens. Let’s see if it happens again lol

I was doing that since I flew harpy for first time. Sniping 101. Is not that hard. The best sniper is the one who is unnoticed till the shot is fired.

I usually lock and aim around 10 arc degrees out of mark. That is enough for most players to ignore the red laser. When everything is ready or the guy is stopping, hit the mark and fire. Then move the sight away to avoid being sighted.

Also, purple tachyon charge means the shot is almost instant so you won’t notice.

I’ve got plenty of kills that way. And I have been killed a few times also.

The best sniper is the one who rammed his target to kill it !

Been there done that. Actually, it was a covops who tried to plasma arc me, but I damaged it sufficiently so it crashed upon impact.

This is not the vid I mentioned, I’ll keep searching it (didn’t fin it in his youtube acc). But this video is also worth watching.

This is not the vid I mentioned, I’ll keep searching it (didn’t fin it in his youtube acc). But this video is also worth watching.

I saw on that match, the sniper killing a bunch of bad players that i usually meet at the T3… So the question is, what the hell those players (that not even learned T3 yet) are doing on T5!!!

The only thing I will remember is the bad Inquisitor S.

And change my Archdragon fitting :smiley:

I genuinely want more battering ram medals.

Thanx for posting residente very kind lol

Tried some matches on Harpy and seen viseo…and this stuff doesn’t really fit my case… Anyway I’ve found the player and i will report so devs can get into this :wink:

I genuinely want more battering ram medals.

1392374358-iwantmore.png

I want more of them ! More !

The problem is not the LRF class - the problem is how the class encourages you to play.

Take away its sniping capabilities and you have a monstrously powerful gunboat with minelayer capabilities.

As it is, I invariably have to report half our LRFs for not participating.

Case in point, game I just finished. Three of our team had ~2000pts. The fourth player had barely 300. guess what class he was using.

I think LRF need a speed boost of 25% across the board, and then they would be perfect. 

I think LRF need a speed boost of 25% across the board, and then they would be perfect. 

Oh yes, then you can also erase the gunship class. A sigurd with 250 m/s, that would be awesome :smiley:

Oh yes, then you can also erase the gunship class. A sigurd with 250 m/s, that would be awesome :smiley:

What about Dragon with his 10% speed bonus and 2 Engine slots?

I think they should just re-do the entire torpedo frigates way of working.

The empire sniper is OK, just need to be a little more effective against interceptors maybe? (not sure, started sniping these days, and managed to hit some interceptors, so im not sure this is needed)

Maybe put 2 kinds of shots on the sniper, the main one, and a secondary one, that does little dammage, but is much quicker.

But really, i dont think empire snipers need any rework, just the jerry ones. What makes empire ones much more usefull is the unbalanced hull tanking capabilities, and crappy xxxx tanking that jerry ones have.

There is only one thing that needs to be changed for Empire Snipers: Unified Crosshair in Sniper-Mode. 

I don’t think empire snipers are op, maybe too many hull slots but the disintegrator is a skilful weapon and half the time, targets are out of range anyway. Jeri Torpedos on the other hand… spam spam spam spam spam and a bit more spam. Do we need to aim at the target? no, just go near it and spam…

sure it is a squishy ship and it should be buffed in that area but its torpedo ability needs to be nerfed… longer reload rate or something. with 2 or more jeri frigates in a game the missile lock noise is constantly playing in the background and all the beacons are surrounded in orange.

edit: I was in a match last week and I swear on everything that is good and holy there were 7 Jeri torps on my team and 4 on the enemy team in a 12 v 12 match.  the middle of the map was a sea of orange with nothing in