Drones Not Enjoyable

:fed014:  :01414:  :014j:

10 hours is not enough

10 hours is not enough

Let me correct that

[Repeat until the internet breaks]

Had a 5v5 t5 team battle match yesterday where 4 of the other team were drone poopers and an engie.  They were absolutely obliterated.  Just kill the tacklers yo!  Bring a guard with pulsar and MPI and the tacklers can’t run, use slowing missiles and de-cloakers on recons, ecm the crap out of them… Plenty of ways to kill these tacklers and is pretty easy.  You just can’t yolosweg up to them and try to kill them, be more tactical.

I know seriously we should all play ECM & tacklers so we can counter ECM & tacklers.

O, darn proton wall stops the ECMs.

Lets have recons to counter the tacklers cloaking. Tacklers are faster then recon.

Ok here is how we do it? Keep in mind I care only about PVP, SC anything goes:

One player queues an ECM, another queues a tackler, third a recon, and the fourth an engineer. O wait, it is PVP so there is no team synergy.

The best fix is if we all just play tacklers. Wait for everyone to decloak and we are back to normal battles.

SOL you have resolved our issue! Post can be locked now!

Perfect.

You just can’t yolosweg up to them and try to kill them, be more tactical.

But yolosweg is the only way i roll

Let me correct that

Mm.  Yeah, that’s about right…

But yolosweg is the only way i roll

Go T-Rex MkII then!  Face torp all those… gardening devices!  Don’t forget your EM torps of destiny either

:fed014:  :01414:  :014j:

Tacklers with drones are useless as tacklers. Running a tackler with 2 drones and no slows goes against the very purpose of tacklers, which is to hunt down interceptors.

Running a speed-tackler with drones is probably the best way to be guaranteed to fail at that task. Tacklers are most useful and effective when they use slowing modules.

Not true at all. Speed tacklers with drones are excellent distractions. I can keep running from beacon to beacon which opens them up for my team mates while everyone is chasing me. Just doesn’t work so well when people focus on kills.

Had a 5v5 t5 team battle match yesterday where 4 of the other team were drone poopers and an engie.  They were absolutely obliterated.  Just kill the tacklers yo!  Bring a guard with pulsar and MPI and the tacklers can’t run, use slowing missiles and de-cloakers on recons, ecm the crap out of them… Plenty of ways to kill these tacklers and is pretty easy.  You just can’t yolosweg up to them and try to kill them, be more tactical.

I will learn to build out a recon specifically for tacklers now they are spaming T3 also.

Funny you state this.

I too was in a match with 4 tacklers and 2 ENG. Beacon capture. I had to leave capturing a beacon because I was the only player with an active ship. 7 or 8 players on my side.

Why now why would I leave capturing a beacon.

O I remember.

Two of the taclkers and one of the Engi’s were moving in the spawn stomp my team. I had to distrack all three of them. Course, that seams like a fair balance to me. Me vs 2 sentry drones 2 guard drones 2 attack drones 2 combat drones, 2 tacklers and an engineer.

What balanced fun! Really it is my fault that I can’t kill all three of them me vs 10 different guns. While I was able to deal with the Engi the tacklers simply cloaked after distracting my team for a full 45 seconds…

Real balanced fun right there. A1MA could only wish to be 5% as effective.

Again I’ll just mention this is PVP not SC.

Not true at all. Speed tacklers with drones are excellent distractions. I can keep running from beacon to beacon which opens them up for my team mates while everyone is chasing me. Just doesn’t work so well when people focus on kills.

Funny that is my second focus in this game, right after ‘squading up’.

Too bad it doesn’t work vs ships that cloak and move 700mps.

Note I said  AS TACKLERS. Tacklers are supposed to hunt down interceptors (by game description), so dropping drones everywhere and running away is not being a tackler, it is being a mostly-useless ship that only pisses people off. (The only use is dropping drones at a beacon to either take out the guard drones or defend your own beacon).

Being a constant distraction who does nothing but drop drones, cloak, and run away, is not an effective strategy against any decent team. Any team with a lick of common sense will know to not chase down a speed-tackler, as only other cruise-engine ships or recons will be able to catch them. They will simply wait and defend the beacons (like we did in the video Oregyen posted). 

BUT THAT’S NOT THE POINT!!!

Your team will appreciate you a lot more if you were actually slowing enemies down and decreasing their resistances.  Drones deal damage, sure, but you’ll find that the enemy is a lot more distracted when they’re being slowed.  Not shot by drones and some tackler that loves to run away.

Stay and fight.  Use your invisibility and outflank/think your opponent.  Every time I see a speed tackler, I laugh because I know exactly what he’s going to do, so I never pay attention to them.  They are just an annoyance.  I see a tackler slowing people, I give about five million more xxxx than I normally would with a speed tackler.

You want to make the enemy run around the map after you, then just take an interceptor that goes 700 m/s and then warp away.  Same thing, but less useless.

eh i disagree. The only time when speed tacklers with drones fails me is when they focus on kills. only OWL, WPK, and ESB really do that. I play against those corps so rarely, that it’s not really worth changing my ship build. on a normal sec con match, I take 3 beacons in my speed tackler and die 0 times. 

My (attack)  drones are enjoyable at least by ME !  

As for the tackler drones…I too join the chorus… of HATING IT !   that is a whole nother thread… 

and now it seems the battles are slowly mutating to where we are seeing more and more drones shooting drones… drones shooting BOTS and less Human intervention.     

Sarcasm ALERT  !

Will this ever evolve to the point of where it will be just humans VS BOTs    Oh no Terminator !

So your build relies on the enemy not knowing what they’re doing?  That’s a brilliant tactic…

Not really.

Just play your ships role as it’s meant to be played man.

I have no problem with unorthodox builds, but I also feel quite strongly that you don’t get to complain if your strange build gets nerfed. As much as I would like to fly Guards at 400+ and troll with pulsar, they are not meant for speed. Same with the Tackler. Drones are meant to help kill ships you’ve slowed and debuffed. They are not meant for these speed harassment builds.

So your build relies on the enemy not knowing what they’re doing?  That’s a brilliant tactic…

It’s so brilliant that it only works against the players who shouldn’t be doing seccon in the first place. Oh wait, anyone running a speed-tackler with drones shouldn’t be playing seccon either…

I will learn to build out a recon specifically for tacklers now they are spaming T3 also.

Funny you state this.

I too was in a match with 4 tacklers and 2 ENG. Beacon capture. I had to leave capturing a beacon because I was the only player with an active ship. 7 or 8 players on my side.

Why now why would I leave capturing a beacon.

O I remember.

Two of the taclkers and one of the Engi’s were moving in the spawn stomp my team. I had to distrack all three of them. Course, that seams like a fair balance to me. Me vs 2 sentry drones 2 guard drones 2 attack drones 2 combat drones, 2 tacklers and an engineer.

What balanced fun! Really it is my fault that I can’t kill all three of them me vs 10 different guns. While I was able to deal with the Engi the tacklers simply cloaked after distracting my team for a full 45 seconds…

Real balanced fun right there. A1MA could only wish to be 5% as effective.

Again I’ll just mention this is PVP not SC.

Funny that is my second focus in this game, right after ‘squading up’.

Too bad it doesn’t work vs ships that cloak and move 700mps.

That is not your fault, that is your teams fault for not being able to stop that.  A competent team would be able to counter easily.  Don’t blame the drones, blame your team. 

Actually the use of tackler slowing modules is not as obviously superior to drones as you imply.

I have tried and i am still trying to use slowing modules on inties effectively and so far i am not getting far.

There are several counters to my slowing modules (ECM-Stuns, getting invisible, breaking line of sight, getting out of reach usw.), which often makes dropping a drone actually more efficient. 

Use of slowing modules on tacklers requires not only a very keen sense for the right moment, but often also a high amount of teamplay that is simply not present in a random team. That is because a tackler has to be protected and supported in terms of firepowers to actually destroy a slowed target.

Therefore, for many situations tacklers are actually quite useless without drones. Simply becaue this is not the case in very experienced players flying with a squad does not make it untrue.

Any good Intie Player who does not believe this is invited to fight my slowing tacklers in an Intie and see me killed miserably.

Actually the use of tackler slowing modules is not as obviously superior to drones as you imply.

Any good Intie Player who does not believe this is invited to fight my slowing tacklers in an Intie and see me killed miserably.

One of my corpmate has found out slowing modules stacks; using gravy beam along the slowing modules (and i guess, the slowing missile) can slow down a ship to almost deadstop. I agree though it’s hard to play a tackler well, they aren’t that durable or powerful on their own and picking targets one by one isn’t always an option. Most gamemodes revolve around capping (bombing) or killing enemies as quickly as possible, neither are the forte of the tackler. 

Therefore, for many situations tacklers are actually quite useless without drones. Simply becaue this is not the case in very experienced players flying with a squad does not make it untrue.

But that would not show much, except, that the tackler, as this isn’t a card game, can be defeated in close quarters; even if you were the most skilled tackler in the game, you could still die by a ceptor. Anything can die by anything.

I do believe you, however, my favourite ships include the tackler and recon/co - of course knowing all these roles well, gives an advantage in a duel (in fact, I already said, if you want to get a good tackler, play ceptor! learn weaknesses! and also, tacklers are not only against tacklers, ceptors aren’t the only ships capable of adaptive fits). However I can also tell you that pooping a drone in such a situation might win you one fight, but you will suffer the rest of the match, because then I know, that you lack either survival modules or tackler modules to be truly formidable in your craft; and I could also say, there is a high percentage, where actually, the Drone won’t help you much.

Now I do not say, drones are not nice gadgets, but it really depends on the ship, and the fit. If you have a cruise fit, every drone makes you more counterable against another tackler, especially a cruise/survival/tacklerhunter tackler. What the drones are certainly not, is being crucial to the Tackler; you do not need them in any case, and most alternatives are as viable as the drone.

Combining 2 drones and cruise is a cheese tactic, but well, who says, cheese isn’t a strategy. Just don’t blame the ping if you fail. Admit the smell, be proud of it.

One of my corpmate has found out slowing modules stacks;

CorpMate of the month award! Now! :slight_smile: