Drones Not Enjoyable

The large number of usable drones nearly negates player skill.

I am having trouble enjoying matches.

There are many specific things to site, but why state more?

post-244303-0-90687100-1417376850.jpg

There are many specific things to site, but why state more?

Let’s just state this: they are all easily killable.

Although I agree that the drone tackler spam is annoying (see my post proposing some possible changes).

I would limit them to one per ship, but Invasion players will suffer.

I would limit them to one per ship, but Invasion players will suffer.

Limiting them to 1 per player is honestly the best solution. Invasion players won’t suffer too much. If you are relying on drones to get you kills in any gamemode, you should rethink your life, as they won’t get you kills unless you use them correctly (or you are extremely lucky), which I have only seen 1 or 2 players do.

+1 for toning drones down.

In before developers say they received positive feedback for the tackler drones and the game is balanced as it is. Somebody send a squad of drone pooping, speed tacklers at their headquarters. Then, we’ll see how balanced they are.

Call me biased, but I don’t have a problem with engineer drones. Most of the time they are easily destroyed, trapped or drawn out of position.

I think the issue with Tackler drones is the rate at which they can be redeployed.

+1 to every idea in this thread so far.

I’m against every auto feature of the game , and tackler drones one of them. I never understand why drones buffed anyway.

Let’s just state this: they are all easily killable.

Although I agree that the drone tackler spam is annoying (see my post proposing some possible changes).

[http://forum.star-conflict.com/index.php?/topic/25319-tackler-drones-rework/](< base_url >/index.php?/topic/25319-tackler-drones-rework/)

Much more put together post.

I will point out that it was missing lower projectile speed in the vote list.

Call me biased, but I don’t have a problem with engineer drones. Most of the time they are easily destroyed, trapped or drawn out of position.

I think the issue with Tackler drones is the rate at which they can be redeployed.

As a nearly int pilot only they have been an issue only because of the swarm of other drones you have to deal with. I have been playing games where there are four tackler drones and four attack drones. Not a problem right, o ya there are the four ships that deploy those…

Limiting them to 1 per player is honestly the best solution. Invasion players won’t suffer too much. If you are relying on drones to get you kills in any gamemode, you should rethink your life, as they won’t get you kills unless you use them correctly (or you are extremely lucky), which I have only seen 1 or 2 players do.

Please reference the image too see how kills can be collected with them. Mostly it has to do with three ships pooping them out in a constant stream. It is an actual issue if you are fling CO with Rapid Fire Blasters. Tacklers fly about 150Mps faster then you, and they cloak. So I have 10 seconds to kill them while they are fling directly away in a strait line that I can not follow because I have to dodge 6000k+ projectile speed frikkin lasers.

Okay, so answer me this; would Tackler drones be such an issue if they were missiles instead of active modules?

Okay, so answer me this; would Tackler drones be such an issue if they were missiles instead of active modules?

Neat idea, choosing either drone, slow field or kinetic missile kinda is reasonable.

Invasion players won’t suffer too much. If you are relying on drones to get you kills in any gamemode, you should rethink your life, as they won’t get you kills unless you use them correctly (or you are extremely lucky), which I have only seen 1 or 2 players do.

I use them as distraction, aliens are getting stupid when they got in drone crossfire. Pirates are flying drunk enough to avoid heavy drone fire.

While I am not big on tacklers, I would think this would underpower them.

From my experience match to match in T5 I find the issue is with 700mps, 6600msp projectile speed, and small hit box. Why is there a modification to make a ship meant to be slower, the fastest ship in the game? It’s draw back is it takes two engine slots? Tacklers certainly don’t suffer from the energy consuption increase…

After some time I have found that it is simply time to drop back to T3.

The new player rating system was getting some good players into T5 and I was really excited about that. It just isn’t fun to play vs  2 - 2 tacklers every match when CO is your favorite ship.

Maybe if proton wall adjusted the debuff to speed as well?

O well, I like T3. I just feel like I am noobe stomping.

Why does “noobe, without the e” get turned into Ace? That is annoying.

This is why you have 4 hangar slots - you adapt or you suffer

This is why you have 4 hangar slots - you adapt or you suffer

speed recons >:D

speed recons >:D

SPECTOR F** ALCON **

Give it a rainbow paint job like that to show the tacklers some love.

Honestly, I don’t care about tackler drones.  They never really kill me unless I’m being stupid.

What DOES bother me is the amount of combat drones flying around from anyone who’s bought them with just ONE monocrystal.  Sure, it’s expensive, but you get 10, and you can get them for 10 games in a row if you want.

Many players do this.  It was originally just an engineer module so that the engie could get enemies off of the ship.  Now it is a, oh look , there’s a helpless ship.  I’ll simply lock onto him and send my drones for the kill.  And nearly EVERYONE with drones does this because this is the ONLY tactic.  They follow your lock on, requiring no skill to use.

They really just need to get rid of ALL drones besides Engie and Tackler.  Again, I dont care about tackler drones because they go down really easily since they stay in the same place.  The problem is, you’re trying to escape an enemy who is shooting at you, and you have 2-6 drones trying to kill you too.  Each shot doing over 2000 dmg without resistance.  It’s impossible sometimes, and it is not fair.  In a 12 v 12, I don’t want 12 v 20 because the other team has 8 frickin attack drones.

Honestly, I don’t care about tackler drones.  They never really kill me unless I’m being stupid.

What DOES bother me is the amount of combat drones flying around from anyone who’s bought them with just ONE monocrystal.  Sure, it’s expensive, but you get 10, and you can get them for 10 games in a row if you want.

Many players do this.  It was originally just an engineer module so that the engie could get enemies off of the ship.  Now it is a, oh look , there’s a helpless ship.  I’ll simply lock onto him and send my drones for the kill.  And nearly EVERYONE with drones does this because this is the ONLY tactic.  They follow your lock on, requiring no skill to use.

They really just need to get rid of ALL drones besides Engie and Tackler.  Again, I dont care about tackler drones because they go down really easily since they stay in the same place.  The problem is, you’re trying to escape an enemy who is shooting at you, and you have 2-6 drones trying to kill you too.  Each shot doing over 2000 dmg without resistance.  It’s impossible sometimes, and it is not fair.  In a 12 v 12, I don’t want 12 v 20 because the other team has 8 frickin attack drones.

Hey Hey…  it does take skill to use !  It is just that the dang gone drones don’t always pay attention and have a mind of thier own. 

You are right though… seems we are in a Monkey see Monkey do…  as I was attacked by a recon and its attack drones… as well as another ECM with its attack drones…   it was a EPIC ECM and its attack drones against another ECM and thier attack drones …  thank goodness the recon warped away  

PS.  It takes more that just 1 monocrystal…

It requires you to have 1 CPU and 1 monocrystal.    The hard part is the getting that 1 monocrystal…

CPU also requires manufacture …or in rare events picking 1 up in invasion container.

or you can salvage to get the CPU.

I had at one time hundreds of those bad boys… and it TOOK alot of invasion time of doing daily missions…    needless to say it has dwindled down significantly.  

So unless people can hoard the heck out of those crystals… I don’t think you will see an overly abundance of people going down this route. 

Hey Hey… it does take skill to use ! It is just that the dang gone drones don’t always pay attention and have a mind of thier own.

You are right though… seems we are in a Monkey see Monkey do… as I was attacked by a recon and its attack drones… as well as another ECM with its attack drones… it was a EPIC ECM and its attack drones against another ECM and thier attack drones … thank goodness the recon warped away

Just lock onto his attack drones and then your attack drones will attack his attack drones