Why is the game in bad shape

Everyone dyes, and games are mortal also. This one lasts 6 or so years and its a nice age.To say its dying means nothing cos it is a natural process for all living things. More precise diagnose would be that the Game struggling to live its potential, it is in bad shape,it is not becoming better and imo is worse than it was 3 years ago. It still has players. We dont know the right number but you can tell the player base is lower then before. Steamchart tells us that there are less players then before. Ok, not everyone plays thru Steam client. But ingame weekly charts does not give us the right info either cos it counts as players those who played like 3  pvp matches in one week. And you cant call those players, not in terms of the player base. It has to be a number which is suffice to make the game really work as it was ment to and how it was before. Now we have whole corps disappeared(Nasa,Owl…)and many players that left. You can read some of the reasons for leaving here in the Forum or in their youtube channels. You can also read the reasons why are those who stayed not satisfied with how the things are going. Now we have corps with like 10 active players which can not form a full wing out of corp members, and  tourneys with less teams than before. You can not say that was the case 3 years ago. I recently played tourneys held at 1am where only two teams applied, that were 1vs1. Now that tourney is no more held. Once random PvP was great and fun. T3 was full of players and now its empty. Now you have bots in PvP that make it frustrating. If you wont remove them,then give us the counter for online players searching for match so we can opt out if we see that the probability on the match with bots is high. It would be fair to players and honest to yourself. We surely dont need info on who crafted which ship cos it wont make us think that the game is still alive as it should be. Some of us still love your game but do not like the way it is behaving right now. Its highly likely it will never be as before. But empty apologetics wont help it and they are worse for the benefit of the game then critics. From critics, whatever type they are, you can actually learn something. 

There are new corps instead of old ones, some rise while others fall, completely natural. The only thing i will never like is the bot addition in PvP, the reason is that even if the game has enough players, it still adds bots into it. Or the more common scenario, whoever is in the queue, the matchmaker makes an obligatory 1v1 with 7 bots on each side and during the game starts replacing bots with people. The rubberbanding, the selfdestruction of bots mid fights and many more just ruin it for me, i rather play PvAI instead.

58 minutes ago, ORCA1911 said:

There are new corps instead of old ones, some rise while others fall, completely natural. The only thing i will never like is the bot addition in PvP, the reason is that even if the game has enough players, it still adds bots into it. Or the more common scenario, whoever is in the queue, the matchmaker makes an obligatory 1v1 with 7 bots on each side and during the game starts replacing bots with people. The rubberbanding, the selfdestruction of bots mid fights and many more just ruin it for me, i rather play PvAI instead.

lol vs ai…now THAT is the game’s WORSE mode !

As for new corps rising while old die, 3 or 4 new coprs with players from 5-6 inactive. The current state, not sure how should I put it but I have the feeling the ones that need to assess it either take way too long to realize whats happening or simply don’t care.  Either way there’s a negative impact no matter what some may claim. Its truly a shame, the game has so much potential, or should I say, had so much potential because right now I see what Brutos is saying, the game is dying, nearly dead in fact.

I mean, the rewards are almost the same, its easier to beat the 3-point bots than to go into the chaotic PvP where people basically try to identify the bots and deliberately farm them for points to win, that’s no PvP for me. Also the game is not dead, nor dying.

The dead game argument has been around even 3 years ago, which to me still seems vague, is it dead because you don’t like it? Dead because it doesn’t have a specific number of players? Dead because there are no updates? The latter which isn’t an option as there is still content being added, and changes every now and then, and people leave for all kinds of reasons, you never know, this isn’t really a casual game.

I m not saying it is. Im stating that it was better before and why. Its vague,right. But do you remember the times when some corps performed sector blockades in OS? When T3 tourney was a thing? When corps had full wings prepared and guys waiting in reserve perhaps even form B wing? When you had corp officers to organize the newcomers?When PvP was about  fast paced dogfighting but also tactics and coordination? Sure some corps fall, but since then, I saw only one rise and many that are just made. Bots in PvP and new stuff seem to me just like a cover up. 

P.S. Give that counter then

What are sector blockades in OS? T3 tourney would be the same exact thing if the rewards were any better, corps are actively doing wings or groups as much as they can just as before, my friends and i still do events with newcomers actively, so do others, pvp would be still the same if it wasnt for the latest in the bot addition and cookie cutter technology, same number of corps fall and rise all the time. It’s easy to talk about bad and semi bad things because they bother people and become obvious, what about the good things?

My previous post was deleted but it had to do with the game. Ok. Sector blockades…is when the sector in OS is blocked…by some guys that are killing everyone thats gets in it. Remeber that? Good thing would be that game isnt dead yet.

10 minutes ago, ORCA1911 said:

T3 tourney would be the same exact thing if the rewards were any better,

No, it wouldnt.

11 minutes ago, ORCA1911 said:

corps are actively doing wings or groups

In spec ops maybe

13 minutes ago, ORCA1911 said:

bot additio

So when are they gone

13 minutes ago, ORCA1911 said:

what about the good things?

I would like to hear your opinion on what are those

29 minutes ago, BruTosGali said:

My previous post was deleted but it had to do with the game. 

It was a bit vulgar and lead to no point.

31 minutes ago, BruTosGali said:

Sector blockades…is when the sector in OS is blocked…by some guys that are killing everyone thats gets in it. Remeber that? Good thing would be that game isnt dead yet.

That activity is still present in the game from time to time but a bit on the toxic end.

But It was a metaphore and I used medical terms only :slight_smile: It perfectly described our convo here.  Im stating a couple of things. That PvP is/was a crucial part of this game.  It is bad now mainly due to the low player base.  And your answer to that is: Nah,things are just fine, focus on the good stuff and play PvAI. 

3 hours ago, ORCA1911 said:

T3 tourney would be the same exact thing if the rewards were any better,

Nope it wouldn’t. Nearly every corp stopped playing it after they switched it to Beacon Capture from Team Battle. The amount of participating teams is falling since then. I used to never see less than 1 page of teams in weekend tournaments. Now it is normal to see only half a page. Even the 1am Tournament used to have like 6 teams most of the time. Before they removed it, it was only like 2 teams for month already. The decision to change the T3 rewards to Iridium instead of GS isn’t helping this falling number.

7 hours ago, BruTosGali said:

And your answer to that is: Nah,things are just fine, focus on the good stuff and play PvAI.

That’s not my answer, some things are good, some aren’t that good, but to say that everything is bad is a bit of an overstatement.

5 hours ago, John161 said:

From what i gathered in the past, the reason for the drop in interest was the switch from GS to Iridium and it was almost instantaneous as soon as it was live.

2 hours ago, ORCA1911 said:

That’s not my answer, some things are good, some aren’t that good, but to say that everything is bad is a bit of an overstatement.

From what i gathered in the past, the reason for the drop in interest was the switch from GS to Iridium and it was almost instantaneous as soon as it was live.

Didnt the drop in interest came before the switch was even announced? Its a rethorical question,cos we know the answer

9 hours ago, ORCA1911 said:

I’m talking mainly about what happened after the Team Battle -> beacon Capture change, which was already some time ago.

Didnt the drop in interest came before the switch was even announced? Its a rethorical question,cos we know the answer

It didn’t, it came after.

3 minutes ago, John161 said:

I’m talking mainly about what happened after the Team Battle -> beacon Capture change, which was already some time ago.

Well i don’t think the mode change was what triggered it, more like the reward swap at that time, but could be a combo of both.

40 minutes ago, ORCA1911 said:

It didn’t, it came after.

So its not the answer we all know…well,can you correct me if Im wrong: the GS to Iridium switch came on November 14th? And it was announced like not more than 20 days before that? Is that right? 

Ok,found it. Switch was announced on Thursday November 7th, and in effect from Saturday 9th. To claim that the drop of interest happened after that…well,that is so not true and also defies logic.

46 minutes ago, BruTosGali said:

Ok,found it. Switch was announced on Thursday November 7th, and in effect from Saturday 9th. To claim that the drop of interest happened after that…well,that is so not true and also defies logic.

11 hours ago, ORCA1911 said:

it was almost instantaneous

Key word “almost”, doesn’t change the fact that the change of the rewards caused the drop in player interest by the most part, then, everything else.

First to quote Johnny : “Nearly every corp stopped playing it after they switched it to Beacon Capture from Team Battle. The amount of participating teams is falling since then. I used to never see less than 1 page of teams in weekend tournaments. Now it is normal to see only half a page. Even the 1am Tournament used to have like 6 teams most of the time. Before they removed it, it was only like 2 teams for month already.” End of quote

And then some keywords and phrases-  “drop in interest” ; “before the reward switch”;  “after the switch” ; “facts” .

Reward switch from GS to Iridium is a FACT since November 9th. That FACT led to drop of interest in tourney.  But, it is also a FACT that from Nov 9th we had 1 (one) tourney day with Iridium reward and it was saturday, November 16th. So it is a week drop. The drop was talking about is measured in months and years. 

What Johnny stated, Im stating also. Some things happened much prior November 9th which led to the drop of interest much BEFORE the reward switch. Those things led to the FACT that we had 1 vs 1 tourneys at 1 am, in months BEFORE the reward switch. And that finally led to the FACT: no more 1am tourneys (announced on Nov 7th).

So the FACT there was DROP IN INTEREST AFTER the switch, doesnt change the FACT that there was a DROP IN INTEREST BEFORE and that huge drop (BS-before the switch) could not possibly be caused by the reward change. And you want to know why? Beacause it was occuring long before the reward switch.

So, to say  “change of the rewards caused the drop in player interest by the most part, then, everything else” is factually incorrect. Mildly speaking.  

The difference between what I’m saying and what you’re saying is that you know the date of something, if you haven’t noticed we are saying the same thing essentially.