Warp-Gate >>> Tactical Warp

Simply to give use to this underused, underpowered module and because warp-gates are simply the engineer’s gtfo button currently and are seldom used by other team members. I suggest changing the module to what follows:

Name: Tactical Warp (or Combat Warp)

Type: Engineer Active Module

Ranks: 6-15

Energy Comsumption: 500en.

Recharge: 75s.

Tooltip: Releases single-use warp-gates that attach to all ships in a 2,000m radius. The gates can be manually activated by pressing (the interact key) and warp the user 3,500m forwards. Preparation for warp takes 1 second. The gates will vanish if not used within 15 seconds. If the ship is struck with an explosive, the gate will be destroyed.

Visual: Affected ships would have a small blue (object) floating in front of their ship. This also is a way for enemies to tell who has a warp gate ready.

So this way it would be more like the other modules. You activate it, all nearby allies get the “Warp Gate” buff, and each of them can chose to use it or not, in their own time. And it would essentially give temporary mobility to all those allies that were effected. Because some maps are simply outrageously large, this would help increase the pace of the game and keep it feeling like something is happening.

I like the idea, but adds a countdown timer so you can only use it for a small (preferable really small) amount of time. Maybe 3 seconds.

What do you mean?

I’m saying after deploying the tactical warp you have 3 seconds to use it. 

By the way… you aren’t planning on giving a easy way for covops to sneak behind a destroyer … righ?

I’d it’s only 3 seconds then people will not be able to adjust their angle right or won’t even notice the effect. But I see what you mean. I’ll tweak it.

Also, adaptive camo is the miracle your are looking for.

Cloak up, arc them, repeat, profit.

One plasma arc will destroy all of their modules and stuff.(if used right)

I’d it’s only 3 seconds then people will not be able to adjust their angle right or won’t even notice the effect. But I see what you mean. I’ll tweak it.

Ok then, 10 seconds. No time limit is almost a recon microwarp for any ship. And I have to say I like your idea of tactical warp.

A very short-ranged micro-warp. And with a much longer cooldown too. Also did I mention it has the same prep-time?

I’m going with 20 second buff simply to make it true to its name as a “Tactical” warp.

Imagine this cinematic scenario: A team of ships warps in to battle all in a tight group. The enemy is all the way across the map. The engineer activates his Tactical Warp module and one by one, all of the team quickly warps closer to the enemy. Just a team jumping in at random intervals is a cool thing to imagine for me. Xp

It could be nice to storm an unprepared team in combat recon with this.

Still, it’s a very short jump and it would be very obvious to the enemy. (They see little blue specs approaching they know to get ready for incoming ships)

God, Fox and his LetsMakeTheMostOpPossibleModule thread again.

It would be next to useless in random and break organized play

It is meant as a way to give use to a random team as they don’t even have to think about flying through the stationary warp gate. Also, team play is OP regardless of the scenario. We’ve gone over this before.

Also, team play is OP regardless of the scenario.

How would YOU know that?

How would YOU know that?

Shrekt

Lel. You were the one that argued so hard in favour of that fact.

Anyways, this needs to happen just for the sake of engineers across the nation. No; The Galaxy. No; the UNIVERSE.

I like the general idea. But how about “limiting them” by requiring them to remain in distance of the engineer to use them. Essentially, the engineer gives them a jump orb but must still power it for use. That way, they can’t just fly 10k away from the Engy and then jump. I would also recommend making the distance smaller and having two distances - 500m to construct orbs and give it to them, and 1000m from the engy to use - any further and the orb loses power and disappears.

An improvement over the current gates (that have been here since OBT) would be welcome for me. I was frequently missing the gate - or going through the gate when someone had left warp down-stream (smack-boom). Having the ability to choose a direction is cool, but it should be more limited - lest, as another mentioned, everything becomes a recon with microwarp.

Fiiiine. Gosh lib you’re like a nicer version of omega.

I’ll tweak it a bit. Though no constantly active module like the guard pulsar became. No ECM should be able to kapoof these without a second thought. Though I’m gonna add a way to counter them.

Changes:

1. Reduced active time.

2. Added ‘explosions kill the gates’ as a quick-counter.

Howabout we go through this the more fun way:

Just add it as it is right now, and tweak it later to better suit it’s purpose. Just like 99.9% of all in-game content.

Lel. You were the one that argued so hard in favour of that fact.

Nope, wasn’t me

I like the general idea. But how about “limiting them” by requiring them to remain in distance of the engineer to use them. Essentially, the engineer gives them a jump orb but must still power it for use. That way, they can’t just fly 10k away from the Engy and then jump. I would also recommend making the distance smaller and having two distances - 500m to construct orbs and give it to them, and 1000m from the engy to use - any further and the orb loses power and disappears.

An improvement over the current gates (that have been here since OBT) would be welcome for me. I was frequently missing the gate - or going through the gate when someone had left warp down-stream (smack-boom). Having the ability to choose a direction is cool, but it should be more limited - lest, as another mentioned, everything becomes a recon with microwarp.

In cases when it is actually going to be OP this limits absolutely nothing.

Do you guys even know how GunShip based lineups even play this game?

Obviously these “GunShip based lineups” don’t happen often enough to be a decent argument because I don’t find them particularly hard to deal with…

Nor do I know what you are even talking about.

WVWqTlU.png

Obviously these “GunShip based lineups” don’t happen often enough to be a decent argument because I don’t find them particularly hard to deal with…

resized_creepy-willy-wonka-meme-generato

Pardon me for having a high doubts that you can handle even a single gunship

In cases when it is actually going to be OP this limits absolutely nothing.

Do you guys even know how GunShip based lineups even play this game?

Regardless of Fox’s ratings, I agree with him - what does that have to do with implementing a different jump gate feature?

Turning down his post because you can pull up bad ratings on the Froggy app does nothing for actually arguing your point and refuting his. It’s a straw-man fallacy at best. You don’t argue, just label. Politician much?

[Edit] And meme’s don’t equal arguments