Veteran Protection

Since there’s so much talk about Ace protection in T1, T2, AND T3, how about we do something about Aces killing the fun for everyone else in the remaining two tiers?

It’s very simple… Most of all, please ban T3 ships from T4+ matches. It’s not only that the ships are simply worse, but the people who fly them in T4+ just genuinely suck at this game. They fly in, they die, they feed points, they prevent your team from winning because ‘they wanna plaaaay’. At least this solution would prevent them from joining T4+ games until they’ve unlocked more than just one ship that can survive more easily in T4+. This has been said so many times, I don’t think it requires a special thread on this forum… But, hell, I’ll post it just in case.

And now for the actual new suggestion, could you please, please make a respawn limit? If 3 lives are not enough for a pilot to score more than 150 efficiency points, have them quit the match/force them to spectate so they’d finally learn how to play the game. They’re just worthless feeders and they ruin my games.

Yes, I’m mad, bro.

Here, some pics if you really need proof… both from the position of an opponent and a victim:

5wbi0w.jpg^Kris AE, Katana S, Hawk-M, Hyena. Apparently not good enough.

fnxts0.png

^The Phobos guy was actually the captain of my team.

Unsure about the third option, but absolutely on board with the previous two.

Endgame content is just that - endgame. Players with less than 1500 battles shouldn’t be anywhere near it.

Doesn’t help that veterans who intervene and try to help in a battle will end up dying, and increasing their spawn timers to upwards of a full minute while the Aces spawn every 15 seconds or less.

+1.

So, basically you want to kick anyone from battle if they score 150 effi. This is unacceptable. Locking people out of battle just because they met stronger opponent (that should stay in t5, but for some reason they still occupy t3 or t4) is stupid and counter productive. Just don’t allow to low ships join the battle.

So, basically you want to kick anyone from battle if they score 150 effi. This is unacceptable.

No, not anyone. I want feeders gone. 150 efficiency is one unassisted kill, or just some damage/buff/debuff assissts, or one beacon capped, or 6 (?) beacon drones killed, or a single assist in killing someone who’s capping a beacon, or a single assist in killing enemy captain. Pretty sure if you need more than 3 lives to score any of that, you belong in an easier tier. If you do that a lot in T3, go and practice in T2; if you do that a lot in T4, practice in T2 and T3; if you do that a lot in T5, try any other tier until you’ve found one where you can actually help your team rather than your opponent’s.

/edit

Oops, looks like I forgot about Detonation - my apologies. 150 for just picking up the bomb and dying a second later, or one damage assist in killing enemy bomber, or one successful plant. If you think about it, a 150 eff limit isn’t even enough to make it noticeable for most pilots, it’s just to sieve away the absolute idiots whose only incentive to play this game is to get owned and make their own team lose.

To be honest, the threshold should be even higher - around 250 would do the trick, considering it’s three deaths we’re talking about: the enemy team still gains at least 3x150=450 points to their score, plus a considerable advantage in modes like TDM, CR, CtB, Domination, Detonation… which leaves out only BH directly unaffected by feeders. It’s still affected by them indirectly, though - because they still possess the same level of skill/experience and because of how MM works, they HAVE to be on either of the teams, not doing anything, but hopefully somewhere close to an active beacon.

But I’ll just settle for 150 in T4/T5 for now, just to root out the absolute worst of the worst that make you lose your matches just by playing this game.

A part of me says yes to all 3 suggestions, a part of me dont. 

It sounds good on paper, but Im not sure how it would actually work in reality, because I think the core of the problem lies in (atm) screwed up MM balance PLUS low playerbase. And the fact that you can pay your way up to higher tiers, in some kind of hope to “eliminate” the really low playerbase in higher tiers. 

Responsibility now lies with the Devs - more, better marketing that will attract new people, BETTER rewards for KEEPING the players, and a competetive PURPOSE to t5 to satisfy the vets,…

AND fix the ********* mm so called “balance”.

Other games have leagues to sort this problem out. Veterans/highly skilled players never need fear getting stuck with idiots because the idiots are in lower leagues. Good players naturally gravitate to the higher leagues.

Star Conflict doesn’t have the luxury due to its low playerbase - either you get 1v1/2v2 T5 matches of ‘maybe’ good players, or you get 4v4 with 5 game-throwing idiots. Pick your poison.

If T5 had lax squad requirements, that would help keep the vets there instead of in T3. Sadly, though, the game practically encourages Tier rushing while simultaneously brutally  punishing the veterans and the rushers for it when it happens. No hard lock to entry, no leagues, massive grind for high-end gear.

Short version - the playerbase is too small to support T5 (and half of its other content) so we get stuck with problems like this.

Star Conflict doesn’t have the luxury due to its low playerbase - either you get 1v1/2v2 T5 matches of ‘maybe’ good players, or you get 4v4 with 5 game-throwing idiots. Pick your poison.

See, I would rather have the option to choose which of the two I feel like playing at a time. I’d like to just pick the other queue for 1v1/2v2 if I find the idiots in 4v4 matches overwhelmingly stupid. But I don’t have this choice, even if an opt-in/opt-out feature would have no negative effect whatsoever on the playerbase, nor would it be affected by it at all. I’m okay with longer queue times - even more so if I can change my queue at any time to see for myself where I’m currently more likely to find a satisfactory match.

I improved a lot by playing PVE only. When i decided to get for real to PVP i did pretty good, being at middle or higher score spots at the end of each game. Players without much PVP experience doesnt mean they cant do well without a specific number of games played (thats a cuantitative way of thinking that conductism share, wich has hardly criticized in psichology and proven to be wrong), since they can improve many skills required at PVP in other game modes like PVE or invasion (I.E. playing a PVE mission in TS). PVE could have a pilot rating system which should correlate at some degree with PVP performance.

I improved a lot by playing PVE only. When i decided to get for real to PVP i did pretty good, being at middle or higher score spots at the end of each game. Players without much PVP experience doesnt mean they cant do well without a specific number of games played (thats a cuantitative way of thinking that conductism share, wich has hardly criticized in psichology and proven to be wrong), since they can improve many skills required at PVP in other game modes like PVE or invasion (I.E. playing a PVE mission in TS). PVE could have a pilot rating system which should correlate at some degree with PVP performance.

…Papitas? BAD at Star Conflict???

Impossible.

16hkeps.png

No need for limits at all…

/edit

Here, another one from the past 30 mins:

rcpisp.png

A fantastic match between feeders and campers.

…Papitas? BAD at Star Conflict???

Impossible.

xDDD hahaha. I stopped playing PVP when i reached T2-3 with my command/tackler cause i was getting raped hard xD.

I believe this happens because MM has no other way to compensate and make balanced games, wich is noticeable due to a relatively low player population. Applying this now would mean less games (more time queueing) with less players, something i would not like.

Before:

2urbio9.jpg

And after:

4kfwi9.jpg

Surprising, right?

Is anything going to be done about it?

Is anything going to be done about it?

Wait for the rank MM

Wait for the rank MM

Unless I’ve missed something, the rank-based MM only removes tiers. It’s got nothing to do with the number of ships equipped, nor does it stop you from equipping a rank 12 and a rank 8 in the same line-up. Not to sound too fatalistic, but the way I see it, it’s going to get even worse, since people with r13 ships will just doomsday spam Aces like the ones in these pics.

It’s got nothing to do with the number of ships equipped, nor does it stop you from equipping a rank 12 and a rank 8 in the same line-up.

There will be some changes about it. Soon.

Alright, thanks.

Oh look someone from wolfpack playing in the leveling path of new players and whining about them, why am I not surprised.

Oh look someone from wolfpack playing in the leveling path of new players and whining about them, why am I not surprised.

Because it’s a true fact and it sucks? No matter if he is now from Wolfpack or from another corp, randoms with 1 ship shouldn’t be in this. But since Capture the Beacons has been removed from PvP the main issue is solved. Still guys with just 1 ship which doesn’t simply fit into the gamemode is just a feeder and not useful at all.

Because it’s a true fact and it sucks?

I agree, it does suck that you play in the leveling path of new players from T1 to T4 ruining their experience and then crying to the developers that they’re not good and should be banned, instead of you know sending them a pm asking them if they only have the one ship and telling them that both themselves and the team they’re placed on would have a better experience with beacon capture if they had brought more ships and seeing where the  conversation goes from there. That which would not only be considerate but constructive. The reason why I don’t find it at all surprising that one of your members behaves this way is because I’ve had most of wpk pegged as community cancer for a long time. This is why I don’t respect any of you. xxxx like this.

stuff

The butthurt is real…

In all honesty, if you have a problem. PM me, if you don’t, let it be. But just stop writing stupid stuff in a suggestion thread.

Thanks.