Thank God for U.S. servers

I’m sick of my 200 ping on U.S. servers. I live in California and get better connections to russian servers! Look, i don’t know who’s home computer we’re hosting on these days, but you need to get REAL servers. Somebody dropped the ball because this should’ve been done in alpha. This is the second and last thread i’m making about it. even my corp mates get lag.

Most I get 50 ping best on US. be glad you get better ping in mother Russia.

WTF has that got to do with ArcTic’s post? Go back to sucking up to NASA.

Im in the UK and I get a flat 150-160 ping from the US servers. The Russian servers usually have much better ping (80-90), but I get more loss.

The Asian servers are absolutely awful - 400 ping minimum, up to 600.

Is this all due to where Im located or is there an issue with the quality/performance of the servers?

This shouldn’t be difficult to answer.

Ping on the US server is about 6 or 7 ms here in Austin, Texas. Dallas isn’t exactly that far away from me, I guess.

Ping on European servers is about 115. Ping on Russian servers around 150.

Keep in mind that I have an ethernet connection to Google Fiber.

The biggest problem with network connectivity isn’t ping, although to be sure, that’s a big contributing factor. The biggest problem is packet loss, from where I’m standing. I don’t like jumping halfway across the map and proceeding to explode due to collision damage because my computer couldn’t sync with the server for five whole seconds. It’s gotten better, absolutely, but when it gets bad, it gets 25% packet loss bad.

If you have more than 50/100/150 to US/EU/RU servers and you are IN the US, it’s your internet being the problem, not the SC servers.

very strange! i select all servers and get ping 20 most of the time.

maybe this is provider problem?

star craft netcode is very very good  :01111:

Im in the UK and I get a flat 150-160 ping from the US servers. The Russian servers usually have much better ping (80-90), but I get more loss.

The Asian servers are absolutely awful - 400 ping minimum, up to 600.

Is this all due to where Im located or is there an issue with the quality/performance of the servers?

This shouldn’t be difficult to answer.

What? What corp are you in? My post had everything to do with the OP. We were comparing ping rates from different locations.

I didn’t realize I sucked up to NASA since I have debates with some members. If you think I suck up to NASA then you must think I just LOVE ESB. The only Corp I don’t like is CORP.

[http://forum.star-conflict.com/index.php?/topic/22771-snibs-star-conflict-ping-tester/](< base_url >/index.php?/topic/22771-snibs-star-conflict-ping-tester/)

Snib make a tool just to more easily test how bad the servers are.

Then stopped playing like four five months after.

The server lag needs to be fixed. Ping doesn’t even count in the up to 20% packet loss I get in this game.

Infact, don’t even bother complaining about the ping. It is the packet loss that is the issue.

---------?---------  Wrong side of bed?

The biggest problem with network connectivity isn’t ping, although to be sure, that’s a big contributing factor. The biggest problem is packet loss, from where I’m standing.

This ^  

My average US ping is 50-60 which would not be a problem without the 2- 5% packet loss

EU is 96-125 with no loss usually and plays the best (for me)

Russia is 250 -350 with at least 5% loss sometimes much, much more. (really not fun)

Yeah, I’ve nearly stopped playing with how crappy the severs have gotten, as well as college midterms.

But The lag is unbearable if I’m not on a US server.  Even then, my ping is 50-60 average, sometimes 40

The other night, I was trying to get my x2 for pve and kept getting South Asia with 300-400ms and 5% loss.  Its not much better for mother Russia either.  In Euro at least I get 100-150.

This could be the death of star conflict if they don’t ever get it fixed.

Why should i be glad i get better ping in russia? Russian servers are 200 ping, U.S. servers are 60 ping, then 240 ping with 20% packet loss, and European servers are as bad as U.S. servers. I bought 2 dlcs. The money from that is enough to get a decent server for a day. I would be happy to host servers for you guys! I’ve got an old pentium 4 or two in the garage somewhere, it sure beats the pentium 3s the current hosts are probably using. 

This is my previous thread [http://forum.star-conflict.com/index.php?/topic/24488-can-we-get-some-decent-servers/](< base_url >/index.php?/topic/24488-can-we-get-some-decent-servers/)

Error, this is not a bug. this is crappy servers at work. I have been on U.S. servers and everyone else in my squad complaining about terrible lag.  

I don’t know how much you guys pay for these servers, but you’re way over paying for this junk. 

Why should i be glad i get better ping in russia? Russian servers are 200 ping, U.S. servers are 60 ping, then 240 ping with 20% packet loss, and European servers are as bad as U.S. servers. I bought 2 dlcs. The money from that is enough to get a decent server for a day. I would be happy to host servers for you guys! I’ve got an old pentium 4 or two in the garage somewhere, it sure beats the pentium 3s the current hosts are probably using.

This is my previous thread [http://forum.star-conflict.com/index.php?/topic/24488-can-we-get-some-decent-servers/](< base_url >/index.php?/topic/24488-can-we-get-some-decent-servers/)

Error, this is not a bug. this is crappy servers at work. I have been on U.S. servers and everyone else in my squad complaining about terrible lag.

I don’t know how much you guys pay for these servers, but you’re way over paying for this junk.

I was just saying that if you at max get 300 ping on any server you should be happier compared to others. Plus if you got < 200 ping on Russia you have good access to play with decent ping at all times.

LOL not happy at all. 

We are working on this issue, please try to be patient.

I actually have been getting very nice ping and no packet loss on all servers except SEA.  I’m playing from Europe.

And usually I’m the first to complain about crappy servers…

Why should i be glad i get better ping in russia?

Since most of the time we get on a Russian server anyway at least you have less than 200 ping on them :slight_smile:

I actually have been getting very nice ping and no packet loss on all servers except SEA.  I’m playing from Europe.

And usually I’m the first to complain about crappy servers…

ping is very good for europe. i usually have 20 ping and today i had 170 in one mission.

i bet it was russian servers. because there was some cool greetings like “o/” in chat.

anyway game is very good playable. anti-lag netcode is high quality.

remember that there are no headshots and similar. and you get help for aim. so you always know where to aim… :01111:

anyway game is very good playable. anti-lag netcode is high quality.

Are you the elusive advertising we have been waiting for?

Perhaps increasing the tick rate would work. always worked when i was hosting servers. 

Scratch the info above, i get 320 ping and 60% packet loss on U.S. servers. We NEED more russian servers IMO for us secret russians. 

Factor in ping with skill rating and i swear i will beat everyone’s SR. 5000 sr? Pshaw. ArcTic and his ping have 1 billion. Because of ping, my sr has dropped almost 100 points. this is truly xxxx.