Tesla Shield [Passive Mod]

Name: Tesla Shield

Type: Destroyer Passive Shield Module

Ranks: 8-15

Tooltip: Energizes the shield to make it polarise. This polarisation causes the shield to damage all enemies within its radius by 1,200 EM damage per second. This also destabilises it and causes it’s volume to be decreased by 18% and resistances to be lowered by 6 points each.

Edit:

Alternate Tooltip: Energizes the shield to make it polarise. This polarisation causes the shield to damage all enemies within its radius by 1,200 EM damage per second. If the shield goes down, it will damage the user once for damage proportional to 1/10 of the shield volume.

Duration and span of the effect:

As long as your shield is up (and maybe has greater than 5% of the volume) then it will deal the damage in the shield radius from the ship.

Once the shield is depleted, the damage is dealt, and a cooldown is initiated much like emergency shield or R14 implants, for 16 seconds. During this time, the shield will not damage enemies, and losing the shield again will not dead damage to the user.

===============================

Alternative suggestions:

Name: Reactive Armour

Type: Destroyer Passive Hull Module

Tooltip: If an enemy gets too close to the ship, an explosion is triggered in effort to deter them. The explosions deal 2,000 Thermal damage in a 75m radius of the enemy every 2 seconds that the enemy is within a radius of 300m.

This would allow for more balance, as the explosions would also damage the destroyer’s hull and wouldn’t need to have all of those fancy regulatory functions like the Tesla Shield.

I’d love to have both running at the same time though.

Name: Nano-field

Type: Destroyer Passive Hull Module

Tooltip: Strips away the hills of any enemy within a 900m radius at a rate of 300pts/s. The stripped hull particles are then used to repair your own.

Too stronk, better an active mod for that damage, though we already have the A1MA and Particle Purge.

Passive sit-by-and-relax is what should be avoided. It’s bad enough dogfights are out of the game pretty much already and more and more auto-lock-aim-noskillz-pro mods are making their way in the game… soon we will have tab-targeting with point and click mechanics…

I meant it really as a module for destroyers to keep inties out of their shields. I guess I should specify.

This module is a waste of an idea.

5s and you are stripped off of your own shield. Not to say, that every other destroyer will rip off your shield even faster.

And that for such a pathetic effect?

5s and you are stripped off of your own shield. Not to say, that every other destroyer will rip off your shield even faster.

I’m afraid that this idea is simply beyond your mental capacity. Please refrain from commenting in such a thread, as you may risk harming yourself further.

I meant it really as a module for destroyers to keep inties out of their shields. I guess I should specify.

Or just make dessies indestructible…

I can see empire DDs will love using this module

It’s one of those modules that you will have to think about before using. Xp

You know, that you will tank everytime with your hull mate?

Good luck finding engies outhealing your cracked hull.

You just need a squadded recon diving through every single green floaty on the map constantly, as well as a whole team of engineers spamming Mk4 heals with 3 cap slots and cap implants. Even then you might not get it fixed.

You know, that you will tank everytime with your hull mate?

Good luck finding engies outhealing your cracked hull.

“it will damage the user once for damage proportional to 1/10 of the shield volume.”

invincible has 18k shield volume, therefore i would recieve 1800dmg. With my current build that is less than 1% of my hull volume, i would actually dont give a xxxx, engies wouldnt notice i have a “cracked hull”. Hull dmg is so low i wouldnt care about it at all, even with energy cost, this module is really nice (consider that pulsar deals up to 1096,6 per sec in T5 being mk4), duration and range are important variables not specified atm.

“it will damage the user once for damage proportional to 1/10 of the shield volume.”

invincible has 18k shield volume, therefore i would recieve 1800dmg. With my current build that is less than 1% of my hull volume, i would actually dont give a xxxx, engies wouldnt notice i have a “cracked hull”. Hull dmg is so low i wouldnt care about it at all, even with energy cost, this module is really nice (consider that pulsar deals up to 1096,6 per sec in T5 being mk4), duration and range are important variables not specified atm.

Your logical flaw is so big, you don’t seem to get the big picture right?

YES your assumption is RIGHT. But you forgot: The other 7+ flies around you/the other side of the map.

You don’t have ANY PROTECTION against them. Meson gun? Will hit you to ~99%.

Then your tiny shield is ripped within 2s or so and the rest takes your hull. You can be lucky if they don’t rip your modules too. Every time a bit of your ship is shown to the enemy = damage to it and nothing can be done to avoid it.

If you don’t understand my writing:

Play your destroyer with removed missile slot in a few PvP-matches. Then you will get the feeling I’m talking about.

So it seems that you are simply ranting about how the Brave is a sucky destroyer. That has nothing to do with this.

So it seems that you are simply ranting about how the Brave is a sucky destroyer. That has nothing to do with tgis.

Brave > Sibyl

This discussion = offtopic

This forum = offtopic.

So it seems that you are simply ranting about how the Brave is a sucky destroyer. That has nothing to do with tgis.

What are you talking about? For rants about ships you can open an offtopic thread. Spaming in your own thread doesn’t make the idea any better.

What are you talking about? For rants about ships you can open an offtopic thread. Spaming in your own thread doesn’t make the idea any better.

If you don’t like it, don’t use it. You simply do not understand its effect.

Brave > Sibyl

I suggest you take it up with Xenon. It seems you two have differing opinions. I’ll get the popcorn.

Commenting a completely random opinion of yours in someone else’s thread isn’t helping. It is -you- that needs to go create their own thread. Do you have a problem with the Brave? Go complain somewhere else.

The module idea is terrible, another no brain aka “PulsarOnSteroidsCauseICantHitIntiesAndIDontWantToEvenTry” type of a module.

End of discussion.

Better?

Or you could write a detailed alternative suggestion that has the general effect and is all cool and stuff, but somehow isn’t an inty-stopping no-skill module. I seem to think of a lot of these ideas, yet I don’t see you coming up with anything better.