Teammates should pay for damaging or killing teammates

While i agree with the Notion of Punishment of some kind i d rather see some warnings first you could add warning sounds five to twenty negative assists and colour the message red. Maybe negative 25 for the first teamkil and the multiplyit as it goes. Monetary Stuff i dont know you render a ship untouched etc. Rather gimme full Friendly Fire so i can Wake up call Blow em up

Just gonna drop a previous statement by me in a similar thread on the suggestions forums. On that note, this thread belongs there and not here.

Frankly TL;DR as in I skimmed it. I believe I got a pretty fair idea of what the points in this thread were. Here are my thoughts:

#1 A clear HUD indication of whether an ally is in the torpedo blast radius, similarily to the proximity indicator if you’ve locked onto an enemy.

#2 Slight point penalty for hitting/killing own teammates. Slight because sometimes killing your own teammates can be a tactic which is advantageous to your team (e.g sacrificing one ally to take down several enemies or killing the enemy bomb carrier/captain). However since all of these actions give a lot of points, the slight reduction wouldn’t make people hesitant to use this tactic when needed, while the reduction itself will defineatly make them think twice about blowing up an ally (in some cases it might even alert the person that torpedoes can do friendly fire. Believe it or not, a lot of people don’t know that.

#3 A proximity indicator for the allies around the torpedo, warning them that they are close to it and might want to back off.

50% reduced damage to allies from all AOE.

Leave everything else as it currently is.

Problem solved.

Problem solved.

100% against it.

Problem solved.

So instead of trying to improve team awareness aspect of the game better just use carebear practice and nerf everything?

Wohoo! err. no.

200% against it.

:01212:

Besides - that wouldn’t solve griefers issue - they would be able to nuke you to oblivion anyway.

the point is, when you have 7 enemies and 4 allies fighting at one beacon, putting a jericho missle right in the middle of that is overall beneficial to the team. you shouldn’t penalise people for that. the only thing you can change is to make it more team-friendly. main guns don’t deal friendly fire, sniper doesnt deal friendly fire, pulsar doesn’t deal friendly fire… why missiles kill allies? just reduce FF damage on them too (TO BRING THEM IN LINE WITH ALL OTHER WEAPON TYPES) and its no problem

the point is, when you have 7 enemies and 4 allies fighting at one beacon, putting a jericho missle right in the middle of that is overall beneficial to the team. you shouldn’t penalise people for that. the only thing you can change is to make it more team-friendly. main guns don’t deal friendly fire, sniper doesnt deal friendly fire, pulsar doesn’t deal friendly fire… why missiles kill allies? just reduce FF damage on them too (TO BRING THEM IN LINE WITH ALL OTHER WEAPON TYPES) and its no problem

using a subtraction system like the one I proposed you would still get points if you get a kill/assist the enemies making that a proper tactic, while getting a slight reduction for hitting your allies making sure you don’t just do it for fun. Missiles kill allies because they are long-range massive AoE damage devices. As such they require the proper use of tactics and as such don’t compare to any of the single-target (or module with very limited range used for self-defence) weapon types.

rocket aoe ~200m (and damages allies) - 1500m range shot (less than pulsar…)

pulsar aoe ~4km (and doesn’t damage allies)

yea, logic!

seriously, make the weapons consistent.

either everything damages allies, or nothing does. (maybe ONLY nuke, and no penalties for that because it has small ammo).

rocket aoe ~200m (and damages allies) - 1500m range shot (less than pulsar…)

pulsar aoe ~4km (and doesn’t damage allies)

yea, logic!

seriously, make the weapons consistent.

either everything damages allies, or nothing does. (maybe ONLY nuke, and no penalties for that because it has small ammo).

Always depends on the type of rockets your using mate. Also as stated before pulsar is a module and a self-defence weapon. It wouldn’t make a lot of sense you blew yourself up while trying to avoid getting blown up.

We’re talking about dealing friendly fire to teammates, not killing yourself. I don’t think anyone complains about killing themself on their own missile… stop changing the topic. It’s high aoe damage at large radius. so are missiles. make it consistent so both aoe, or none. and jericho missile isn’t an ammo-based thing either, so saying “it’s a module” isn’t an excuse either.

Missiles kill allies because they are long-range massive AoE damage devices. As such they require the proper use of tactics and as such don’t compare to any of the single-target (or module with very limited range used for self-defence) weapon types.

Always depends on the type of rockets your using mate. Also as stated before pulsar is a module and a self-defence weapon. It wouldn’t make a lot of sense you blew yourself up while trying to avoid getting blown up.

Since I’ve already said everything that is to be said I am backing out of this conversation. Reading or not is up to you.

You’re quoting yourself about blowing yourself with pulsar up in a thread about killing allies. The one not reading anything is you. Pulsar has more aoe damage and larger aoe radius than missiles. Than *every* missile type except nuke. But it doesn’t hit allies. Inconsistent.

You’re quoting yourself about blowing yourself with pulsar up in a thread about killing allies. The one not reading anything is you. Pulsar has more aoe damage and larger aoe radius than missiles. Than *every* missile type except nuke. But it doesn’t hit allies. Inconsistent.

oh I forgot one thing. Maximum pulsar range is 1,5km (purple) not 4

Well, except that it wouldn’t be beneficial to the team as you have no chance to predict if it won’t be your team members ending up in AoE - because firing torpedo in such situation looks to me more like gambling and not tactical thinking. I could agree with such argument in two cases: all of you have voice communication and they hit some kind of protection or do synchronised maneuver to avoid the blast (means you don’t get punished anyway) or it’s friendly node during Detonation with enemy being close to plant a bomb - in which case your reward for killing bomb bearer should sweeten the deal good enough.

As I said - dealing friendly fire and sacrificing allies or gambling which may lead to great success but also (and more often) to total failure - should be a tough choice. 

And such game mechanics as warning sounds, score decrease or resources fee should make this choice even tougher.

As to your other arguments - I would personally vote to add FF to main, sniper and any other weapon in the game to make it more consistent with the way torpedo and missiles work…

…but sure that would be considered too hardcore, am I right?

I would love for all weapons to have friendly fire. Just like planetside! <3 that game