Target allies with 'Eclipse' Launcher

The ‘Eclipse’ Launcher has the unique ability to heal allies by shooting at them. But the problem is, that it’s almost impossible to hit a fast moving ship even from a 1000m distance without having him targeted. Therefore I think that it would be a simple, but meaningful mechanic if ships with ‘Eclipse’ Launcher could target allies to heal them.

I really hope that It will be implemented in the game.

i agree, however it would have to be limited to only ships fitted with them as you say to stop mass confusion and loads of interfering locks

+1  Allow engies with eclipse equipped to lock onto their team mates.  No need to change anything on the teammate’s side, except maybe a warning that the eclipse they are being fired at with is friendly.

+1

It’s been suggested before though. If the devs probably ment the healing factor as a coordination heal. Tell your mate to stay still in TS. If you are trying to heal a pug and the pug is smart then the pug will stop moving.

+1 to locking allies when eclipse is equipped. And maybe this could also be used to target autonomous stations to heal certain payers LIKE THE CAPTAIN.

Nooo!

Bad playing would allow for the eclipse launcher of doom! I’m in a dog fight and all of a sudden my screen is spammed with nano drones.

It is bad enough for slow, and energy drain missiles. I can’t state enough how many times I’ve had my dog fighting ships turned to the off position because of those two missiles.

i don’t see how it would be bad other than possible frameloss and distraction. I’d rather be healed.

Additionally, give rewards for healing other players with the ‘Eclipse’ launcher. You can heal players the whole round and get no rewards, even though you’ve supported your team greatly. 

Noooooooo!

That will make it impossible to kill inties. if you want to be healed, sit still. 

Sigh you won’t believe the number of people who 

A. Don’t know you are healing them and your not trying to be a “Butt Head” or funny by shooting your own team mate.  At time will result in them shooting back at you.  Hello Friendly fire is not in effect.

B. Get annoyed at you by all the banging and noise that it creates and wants you STOP and just concentrate on killing the attacker.   HELLO the attack has gotten you down in health so low… there is not much of a choice or your DONE by even the little scratch of a shot on the next attack. 

Some People don’t realize …I am not doing cause I am a nice guy…   I am doing it for self preservation and I want to WIN THE GAME.   

+1. Useful boost to Engies. It’s already difficult enough to play Engineer since playing it as an actual combat ship often requires sacrificing what it’s supposed to do, and playing it as an Engie often ends with being dead most of the time.

A. Don’t know you are healing them and your not trying to be a “Butt Head” or funny by shooting your own team mate.  At time will result in them shooting back at you.  Hello Friendly fire is not in effect.

B. Get annoyed at you by all the banging and noise that it creates and wants you STOP and just concentrate on killing the attacker.   HELLO the attack has gotten you down in health so low… there is not much of a choice or your DONE by even the little scratch of a shot on the next attack. 

Some People don’t realize …I am not doing cause I am a nice guy…   I am doing it for self preservation and I want to WIN THE GAME.   

This is true and can be fixed by changing the effect and sound for friendly hits to a more soft one.

Yes. good idea. I need to be able to heal more.

And because ArtTic doesn’t want it.

This is true and can be fixed by changing the effect and sound for friendly hits to a more soft one.

I love this suggestion!  Maybe make a new thread suggesting the precise details!

I posted a more detailled thread, as millanbel suggested. Please continue the discussion there :slight_smile:

i don’t see how it would be bad other than possible frameloss and distraction. I’d rather be healed.

Same answer to both.

Intys’ survivability is maneuvering.

If I can’t see I can’t maneuver.

If my frame rate drops, I die.

When I, we fly past your ship at 650mps 100ms away, we aren’t saying hi. We are saying heal me with a drone so I can go back in.

If you want more healing do that! It hits every time!

Same answer to both.

Intys’ survivability is maneuvering.

If I can’t see I can’t maneuver.

If my frame rate drops, I die.

When I, we fly past your ship at 650mps 100ms away, we aren’t saying hi. We are saying heal me with a drone so I can go back in.

If you want more healing do that! It hits every time!

The only problem is that engies drones die quickly, especially with the recent increase in coil mortar users.  So except on my octopus, this is hardly ever a viable strategy.  I prefer to use the drone straight away to heal my own shield than save it for someone, and have it killed by a stray coil mortar or small missile.

Also the drone heals shield and not hull, like the eclipse launcher is intended to do.

The only problem is that engies drones die quickly, especially with the recent increase in coil mortar users.  So except on my octopus, this is hardly ever a viable strategy.  I prefer to use the drone straight away to heal my own shield than save it for someone, and have it killed by a stray coil mortar or small missile.

Also the drone heals shield and not hull, like the eclipse launcher is intended to do.

I totally agree with Millanbel on this one…as I reserve the rights of my drones to either my squadmates who always notify me through TS they are in need of a quick drone fix or when I am in desperate need myself.   I rarely give away my drones to anyone sailing by.   

I totally agree with Millanbel on this one…as I reserve the rights of my drones to either my squadmates who always notify me through TS they are in need of a quick drone fix or when I am in desperate need myself.   I rarely give away my drones to anyone sailing by.   

If you are not willing to expel drones to heal team mates don’t pilot a ship designed to heal team mates, and then complain about noting being able to heal good enough?!

Then I can fly circles within 3100Ms of your ship.

Already it is difficult to target the correct object using target on cursor.

Do you REALLY want more object to need to weed through?

It is going to be silly to take up a whole key bind for something like “lock ally with lowest hull”.

Because really Eclipse already works with friggates & most fighters.

What we are talking about is Intys only.

So you are just looking to spam our screen and make it so we have to break our current dog fight.

Actually I take it all back, implement this with an option in settings “allies can not target you”. It is set to true by default.

Problem solved.

Have fun selecting the wrong target.