Suggestion Star Conflict 0.9.4 OBT Patch Notes: 'Balancing the Scales: Mods'

General Changes

• Healing mechanics altered.
  • You now heal only from the most powerful source of healing per second affecting you at the time.

Example:

If you were to be under the effect of a Mark 1 Autonomous Repair Station and a Mark 3 Nandrone Cloud, your ship would regenerate 2% of its total hull strength per second, not 3.66%. 

If you activated a Mark 1 Repair Kit whilst under the influence of the above modules, then this value would become 30%, not 33.66%. This was added to reduce the efficiency of frigate clustering and to urge players to take restoration modules more often if they wanted to extend their survivability.

Weapon Modifiers

• Switchable, permanent modifiers reintroduced.
  • Ammunition removed.
  • Next update will bring a more advanced and intuitive Modifier System for players to enjoy.

Modules

Command

• Aegis System range reduced to 3000m at Mk1, 3200m at Mk2, 3400m at Military, 3600m at Mk3, 3750m at Experimental
  • Coating Polarizer range reduced to 3000m at Mk1, 3200m at Mk2, 3400m at Military, 3600m at Mk3, 3750m at Experimental
  • Valkyrie System range reduced to 3000m at Mk1, 3200m at Mk2, 3400m at Military, 3600m at Mk3, 3750m at Experimental
  • Gravi-Scanner range reduced to 3000m at Mk1, 3200m at Mk2, 3400m at Military, 3600m at Mk3, 3750m at Experimental

Engineer

• Nanodrone Cloud, Mass Shield Generator, Autonomous Repair Station and Autonomous Charging Station mechanics altered.
  • Autonomous Stations no longer use energy if being placed in an invalid position.
  • Now do percentage based healing. Values are as follows:

Nanodrone Cloud/Mass Shield Generator

Mk1

Energy/sec: 40

Range: 2800m

Restores 1.11% of allied ships’ hull/shields including your own hull/shield per second.

Mk2

Range: 3000m

Restores 1.33% of allied ships’ hull/shields including your own hull/shield per second.

Military

Range: 3200m

Restores 1.66% of allied ships’ hull/shields including your own hull/shield per second.

Mk3

Range: 3400m

Restores 2% of allied ships’ hull/shields including your own hull/shield per second.

Experimental

Range: 3500m

Restores 2.22% of allied ships’ hull/shields including your own hull/shield per second.

Autonomous Repair Station/Charging Station

Mk1

Energy: 525

Range: 2750m

Recharge: 180 seconds/60 seconds

Repairs 1.66% of the most damaged allied ship’s hull/shields per second.

Mk2

Recharge: 160 seconds/55 seconds

Repairs 2% of the most damaged allied ship’s hull/shields per second.

Military

Recharge: 150 seconds/50 seconds

Repairs 2.22% of the most damaged allied ship’s hull/shields per second.

Mk3

Recharge: 120 seconds/45 seconds

Repairs 2.5% of the most damaged allied ship’s hull/shields per second.

Experimental

Recharge: 100 seconds/40 seconds

Repairs 2.85% of the most damaged allied ship’s hull/shields per second.

Guard

• Emergency Shield Booster and Liquid Metal Injector mechanics altered.
  • Now do percentage based healing. Values are as follows:

Liquid Metal Injector/Emergency Shield Booster

Mk1

Energy/sec: 79

Recharge: 180 seconds/90 seconds

Replenishes your hull/shields by 3% per second over 20 seconds.

Mk2

Recharge: 160 seconds/80 seconds

Replenishes your hull/shields by 3.1% per second over 20 seconds.

Military

Recharge: 150 seconds/70 seconds

Replenishes your hull/shields by 3.25% per second over 20 seconds.

Mk3

Recharge: 120 seconds/60 seconds

Replenishes your hull/shields by 3.4% per second over 20 seconds.

Experimental

Recharge: 100 seconds/50 seconds

Replenishes your hull/shields by 3.5% per second over 20 seconds.

Restoration

• All module mechanics altered.
  • Now do percentage based healing.

Repair Kit [s/M/L]

Mk1

Energy: 130/260/390

Recharge: 180 seconds

Heals 15% of your ship’s hull per half a second for one second.

Mk2

Recharge: 160 seconds

Heals 15.5% of your ship’s hull per half a second for one second.

Military

Recharge: 150 seconds

Heals 16.25% of your ship’s hull per half a second for one second.

Mk3

Recharge: 120 seconds

Heals 17% of your ship’s hull per half a second for one second.

Experimental

Recharge: 100 seconds

Heals 17.5% of your ship’s hull per half a second for one second.

Shield Booster [s/M/L]

Mk1

Recharge: 50 seconds

Heals 3.75% of your ship’s shields per second for eight seconds.

Mk2

Recharge: 46 seconds

Heals 3.875% of your ship’s shields per second for eight seconds.

Military

Recharge: 42 seconds

Heals 4.0625% of your ship’s shields per second for eight seconds.

Mk3

Recharge: 38 seconds

Heals 4.25% of your ship’s shields per second for eight seconds.

Experimental

Recharge: 34 seconds

Heals 4.375% of your ship’s shields per second for eight seconds.

Next patch, we’ll hopefully be bringing in some new modules, and some new weapons. Below is a list of weapons we may or may not be adding, just for you to take a peek at and think about. The names don’t always give away their purpose, but I’m pretty sure you’ll figure out what they mean. See you next patch!

Interceptor

Rapid Fire Plasma Cannon, Pulse Laser, Shrapnel Cannon, Seeker Launcher, Refractor Beam, Gatling Gun

Fighter

Assault Plasma Cannon, Assault Laser, Assault Railgun, Pulse Demolisher, Cryogen Laser, Gauss Driver

Frigate

Ionic Disassembler, Proton Lance, Coil Mortar, Heavy Plasma Cannon, Meson Splicer, HAMR Missile Battery

Removed/Moved/Renamed Weapons

Singularity Cannon (REMOVED)

Plasma Gun >Fighter (Assault Plasma Cannon)

Ion Emitter > Frigate (Proton Lance)

Beam Cannon > Fighter (Assault Laser)

Positron Cannon (Ionic Disassembler)

Heavy Blaster (Meson Splicer)

Gauss Cannon (Gauss Driver)

New Weapons

KINETIC - Gatling Gun, HAMR Missile Battery

EM - Seeker Launcher, Pulse Demolisher, Heavy Plasma Cannon

THERMAL - Refractor Beam, Cryogen Laser

Percentage based healing is a bad idea as this is a huge nerf to interceptors and a buff to frigates. Classes with a larger health pool would become the norm and ‘the frigball’ would as a result become worse.

i must agree with Evil on that

Percentage based healing is a bad idea as this is a huge nerf to interceptors and a buff to frigates. Classes with a larger health pool would become the norm and ‘the frigball’ would as a result become worse.

Interceptors need a bit of their health back. I suggested percentage based as this eliminates some healing modules being absolutely useless on one class and then incredibly OP (old interceptors) on another.

The argument that Luckyo presented was that damage dealt is not percentage based

So how is percentage based heals be considered fair and balanced ?

I think the idea of repairing simply does not work in Star Conflict. The game plays out much too differently in terms of combat to simply take the easy road and transplant an RPG mechanic into it and hope it works.

Repairs need to be done differently.

Percentage heals won’t be fair - I can somewhat anticipate new problems emerging - will reinforce frigballs even more and a plethora of other little things

Flat rate heals is just dumb

Needs a mechanic overhaul / rethink

Percentage heals won’t be fair - I can somewhat anticipate new problems emerging - will reinforce frigballs even more and a plethora of other little things

Flat rate heals is just dumb

Flat rates that vary according to the class?

That is the same as percentage heals done different ?

Buffs / Debuffs

Those were among the first things I found weird with Star Conflict when I began playing.

top down view, RTS type controls in Eve-O – these things made it seem ok.

But Star Conflict?

We’re more like Counterstrike / Planetside 2 

Put healing auras in those games … yukkk

Might as well have floating white HP cubes spinning about in the map that we fly across to get heals. Fits the Unreal Tournament theme. Oh wait… that’s my engineer lol.                                                                            Down-Arrow.gif

What the #$%!@ is this?  Most of these changes would be terrible.  Hell no.

Edit: Okay the restoration mechanics being a percentage is good.  The rest is HELL NO.

@Kine

Having only damage abilties…I would absolutely hate that…

Actually let me elaborate on the “HELL NO”.  I have a hunch the guy(s) coming up with this are primarily flying their ECM Interceptors.  You wanna just run around locking down everyone and killing a target that cant fight back?  Why else are you talking about nerfing command ships?  … Command Ships!  Think about it.  Does anyone ever say “Oh no!  Its a command ship, I’m scared!  Whatever will we do!?”  No.  They are easy to kill, and you know it.  When half the team is running around in interceptors (usually ECM) the only thing stopping them from completely wtfpwning everything in the time that their target is locked-down and unable to defend itself *is* command and engineers.

Why in these (nightmarish) player-authored patch notes is there no mention a stacking immunity to crowd control?

Engineers are fine as is.  Command ships are fine (maybe a little underpowered).  Maybe its time to start looking at interceptors in general, particularly ECM.  Maybe its time to look at doing what most other PVP games do, and build in stacking immunity/resistance to crowd control so they can’t just spam it and casually slay their defenseless target.

Betcha you are not for that, eh OP?

Actually let me elaborate on the “HELL NO”.  I have a hunch the guy(s) coming up with this are primarily flying their ECM Interceptors.  You wanna just run around locking down everyone and killing a target that cant fight back?  Why else are you talking about nerfing command ships?  … Command Ships!  Think about it.  Does anyone ever say “Oh no!  Its a command ship, I’m scared!  Whatever will we do!?”  No.  They are easy to kill, and you know it.  When half the team is running around in interceptors (usually ECM) the only thing stopping them from completely wtfpwning everything in the time that their target is locked-down and unable to defend itself *is* command and engineers.

Why in these (nightmarish) player-authored patch notes is there no mention a stacking immunity to crowd control?

Engineers are fine as is.  Command ships are fine (maybe a little underpowered).  Maybe its time to start looking at interceptors in general, particularly ECM.  Maybe its time to look at doing what most other PVP games do, and build in stacking immunity/resistance to crowd control so they can’t just spam it and casually slay their defenseless target.

Betcha you are not for that, eh OP?

lolwut, you are still whining about ECM being OP? They nerfed it last patch, and nerfing it any further currently makes it UP from what I notice ingame. 

Command ships can be very hard to kill(Just ask astraal)

and if they are all stacking their disables on 1 ship, then they are not crowd controlling, then they are person controlling…

lolwut, you are still whining about ECM being OP?

Still?  I’ve never posted on interceptors before. 

Anyways doesnt matter if they got a nerf in a previous patch.  There is a reason interceptors are the most common ship type seen in game.

Command ships are in a fine spot right now, I almost get as much kills in them as my gunship.

Still?  I’ve never posted on interceptors before. 

Anyways doesnt matter if they got a nerf in a previous patch.  There is a reason interceptors are the most common ship type seen in game.

Intresting…

You say interceptors get spammed

Luckyo says frigates get spammed

Who goes for fighters?!

I dont know luckyo.  But saying frigates get spammed might just be due to the recent fix to jericho LRF.  Then by “spammed” he might mean +1 or +2 than usual in a match.  'ceptors are almost always half the team.

*sigh*

Interceptors are OP in lower tiers (1,2) and frigates are op in higher tiers (4,5) and when the devs nerf or buff something it’s always across all tiers so the problem never get solved

Command ships can be very hard to kill(Just ask astraal)

HI!

It depends on their chosen role how easy they are to squish.

[…] Command ships are fine (maybe a little underpowered). […]

Just don’t go ‘nerf Astraal pls!’ afterwards xD

Percentage healing is a nice idea in theory, but it’d result in one of two things happening; either healing would effectively stop working for everyone but Interceptors, or Frigates become unkillable. My T3 Guard has over 50K survivability, but my main Recon has less than 8K. You can’t cater to both on a % system and have it be fair, not without having different % rates for each category of ship.

As for “Switchable, permanent modifiers”, this is fine so long as we do not have anything that changes damage type. That’s where the big issue lay. That said, I don’t actually want it back. Two slots allows for more “jack of all” playstyles, whereas a single slot forces players to decide ahead of time what role they are playing. If I want to sacrifice range for damage, that’s a choice I have to make in the hangar, not as soon as it becomes convenient in game.

You’ve named new weapons, but given no indication of how they would work. Honestly, the weapon selection feels pretty good right now. That said, I still believe that there is no need, or point, in bringing anything that isn’t a railgun.

and when the devs nerf or buff something it’s always across all tiers so the problem never get solved