Stop spawn farming

Not exactly. If we’re talking about spawn camping in detonation, it’s pure farming.

This. I can understand people holding the bomb back and not trying to plant so they can win on kills / previous plants, but that is generally done because it’s not safe to attempt a plant and giving the enemy a bomb might lose the game. But if you are spawn camping in detonation, you shouldn’t have any reason not to plant. If you are spawn camping in Combat Recon, you should be able to kill the captain.

Not exactly. If we’re talking about spawn camping in detonation, it’s pure farming.

I remember doing spawn camping in the last tournament detonation game in the first round. 6 team members were spawn camping, while other two hold the bombs and the last one chase the two remaining ships yet not killed at spawn.

But the two bomb holders were moving each to one of the beacons meanwhile, and we did win by planting not by time.

Let’s differentiate:

Spawn camping is a valid tactic to win the game, as long as you use it as a tool to complete objectives. The WPK promotes and enforces this situation whenever is possible, and with delight in case we have another death squad in front of us.

Abusing spawn camping and holding objectives in purpose just for raking kills is just for ego building, DSR farming players, and I will never support that (neither the WPK do)

Is it Clear now?

And I’m sure you can differentiate between the two… but most people won’t be able to.

I am well aware that this is caused in part by mechanical issues. Particularly in small games, losing one pilot can totally screw your team over and result in a situation where you are permanently 2-3 pilots down. But rather than pretending that makes it okay to spawn camp, I’d rather see mechanics put in place to stop spawn camping altogether.

But rather than pretending that makes it okay to spawn camp, I’d rather see mechanics put in place to stop spawn camping altogether.

The moment you implement rules, basic gamer ethics fly out of the window. It wouldn’t be a case of whether it’s good practice to not spawn camp, but whether it’s allowed by the game. And if people can’t spawn camp in PvP, they might turn to Invasion.

The moment you implement rules, basic gamer ethics fly out of the window. It wouldn’t be a case of whether it’s good practice to not spawn camp, but whether it’s allowed by the game. And if people can’t spawn camp in PvP, they might turn to Invasion.

And it shouldn’t be allowed there either, but there’s a thread for that already.

As nice as it would be to think people will refrain from spawn camping out of conscience (I’ve done so before. Once it just meant I was the only person on my team not getting kills / assists…), we do need to be realistic. ESB and their ilk would never stop camping unless mechanically barred from doing so.

I’d like to suggest that the spawn time simply quicken much faster if there is an enemy within 1m from it.

for instance, the rest of the team that died will re-spawn as soon as the first person who died would have re-spawned. 

This would discourage the use of spawn camping, but it would make it all the more fun, and challenging for those that do.

Victory is all that matters. Spawn camping is a fast and clean way to win. It means you have overwhelmed the enemy team up to the point you are killing them in their spawn.

I’ve never seen a WPK squad doing spawn killing ONLY. It is a way to get the enemy pin down so you can finish the objectives without interference.

Also, most of the time the death squad spawn kills and the rest of the team do the objectives. It is a coordinated teamwork. Some provide cover, so the randoms can fulfill the objectives.

Spawn camping in detonation while you have both bombs makes it go by so much faster. *facepalm

Dude if you haven’t seen it take the word of outsiders of WPK and member’s like Omega. He admitted to it.

I remember doing spawn camping in the last tournament detonation game in the first round. 6 team members were spawn camping, while other two hold the bombs and the last one chase the two remaining ships yet not killed at spawn.

But the two bomb holders were moving each to one of the beacons meanwhile, and we did win by planting not by time.

Let’s differentiate:

Spawn camping is a valid tactic to win the game, as long as you use it as a tool to complete objectives. The WPK promotes and enforces this situation whenever is possible, and with delight in case we have another death squad in front of us.

Abusing spawn camping and holding objectives in purpose just for raking kills is just for ego building, DSR farming players, and I will never support that (neither the WPK do)

Is it Clear now?

It is as clear as crystal that half of the above statements are elitist BS.

WPK by their actions support spawn killing/farming. It isn’t what you actually do, my mother said, it is all about perception. Sure I might do my chores but if I am always slacking off whenever she is there, my mom will view me as irresponsible instead of industrious.

I’d like to suggest that the spawn time simply quicken much faster if there is an enemy within 1m from it.

for instance, the rest of the team that died will re-spawn as soon as the first person who died would have re-spawned.

This would discourage the use of spawn camping, but it would make it all the more fun, and challenging for those that do.

I would rather the spawn time lengthen so all players spawn at the same time when being spawncamped.

I got spawncamped by WPK yesterday in detonation.  But they did go and plant the last bomb pretty quickly while doing so.  It must just depend on who is in the squad, and who is the leader.  I consider this a viable tactic as long as not abused.  

ESB are always going for kills and not objectives, we know that.  The only way to beat a full squad of them is to get the objectives quickly and hold them while they focus on killing the nubs on your team, to increase their DSR.

Then you should rethink your membership in a corp which uses and promotes spawn camping as a great way to win a game fast and clean.

Which it is.

It’s only fast and “clean” if the sole objective it to rank up kills.  Only team battle has that sole objective.  The fastest way to win is taking control of objectives, not the enemy spawn.

Victory is all that matters. Spawn camping is a fast and clean way to win. It means you have overwhelmed the enemy team up to the point you are killing them in their spawn.

I’ve never seen a WPK squad doing spawn killing ONLY. It is a way to get the enemy pin down so you can finish the objectives without interference.

Also, most of the time the death squad spawn kills and the rest of the team do the objectives. It is a coordinated teamwork. Some provide cover, so the randoms can fulfill the objectives.

So it’s only spawn camping until their controlled?  When do you get out of their spawn?

Since this thread got bigger than what I thought, here are my suggestions:

- Seperate people with 1500+ SR from below that.

- Make a better skill rating calculation system so that it can put people in a better match.

- Maybe do it how Robocraft does it, by putting 1-3 less people on a team with better players.

Also, this isn’t something that just happens on team battle, ESB have spawn camped in detonation, and beacon hunt. The point is that they’re purposely trying to farm kills in pvp almost all the time.

Since this thread got bigger than what I thought, here are my suggestions:

- Seperate people with 1500+ SR from below that.

This already exists in Tier 4-tier 5. It sucks because queue times are much bigger and games are much smaller. I know some people which are in the 1400 - 1500 range that they are losing SR just to keep playing on the standard queue.

The same will happen in low tiers.

This already exists in Tier 4-tier 5. It sucks because queue times are much bigger and games are much smaller. I know some people which are in the 1400 - 1500 range that they are losing SR just to keep playing on the standard queue.

The same will happen in low tiers.

But they’re seperated by 1300+ SR though, However T3 should really have this since it has more players than t3-t4

But they’re seperated by 1300+ SR. Though T3 should really have this since it has more players than t3-t4

How many people do you think that have more than 1500 DSR? not that much really.

How many people do you think that have more than 1500 DSR? not that much really.

All of the really good players do, I would say enough to get a match fairly quick.

All of the really good players do, I would say enough to get a match fairly quick.

I don’t get a match fairly quick in T5 with the +1300 DSR… avg is 3 to 4 minutes.

If we remove SR, then there’s no more point in spawn farming, right? Apart from being the scum of humanity, that is. Remove the object of desire, and there will be no greed. *Insert more Taoist words of wisdom*

I don’t get a match fairly quick in T5 with the +1300 DSR… avg is 3 to 4 minutes.

But that is T5, a lot less players in t5 compared to t3. Maybe remove the SR separation in t5, and put a 1500 one for t3.

Or.

Maybe have it so it will separate the SR’s if the servers have so many people online.

If we remove SR, then there’s no more point in spawn farming, right? Apart from being the scum of humanity, that is. Remove the object of desire, and there will be no greed. *Insert more Taoist words of wisdom*

Most hardcore players will love the DSR being removed. It is like a big target sign over your head, saying “FOCUS ME!!!”

I got spawncamped by WPK yesterday in detonation.  But they did go and plant the last bomb pretty quickly while doing so.  It must just depend on who is in the squad, and who is the leader.  I consider this a viable tactic as long as not abused. 

Yeah, I’ve had that happen a few times to me, too. They had control of both bombs and had my entire team pushed up to spawn, but purposely waited for five or six minutes of spawn slaughter to attempt to plant. It is almost definitely a matter of who is in the squad and who is the leader, but it’s kinda hard to see past the WPK label.

The question is how to rigidly define spawnkilling, without catching any other situation, and then how to prevent it.

Edit: Christ, I leave this thread alone without refreshing for an hour and look how slow I am.