Star Conflict v.1.0.4 discussion

• Invasion was advertised madly, then abandoned. Nothing goes on in there, it’s amazing.

• Imba patches are always put out. The problem is… where they fix one thing, they break another 5 things… What they’ve failed to realize is that… this game is NO LONGER in beta. Yet, they treat it as if it were.

• I sold all of my “non-existent” modules the moment they were unavailable. I just don’t like to use gear not available to all, I think it’s unfair.

Do upload them. Those likely account for 90% of all the match makeup, anyway. One side being completely overwhelming against the other. If you have any against the pack from yesterday, add them in.

Here is an example game, takes too long to upload so I think I won’t upload more for now. I feel shame about this…

I don’t think you can reach easily over 1.3 winloss in solo after T3.

I have 1.98 currently, and I’m playing tier 4-5 since at least February.

I expect to reach 2.0 wr soon  :01010:

I don’t think you can reach easily over 1.3 winloss in solo after T3.

Including or excluding T3?

Inclued T3.

The T3 games are big, you need big luck to get good teammates otherwise it become 1-2win 1-2lost game based on my experience.

Maybe in T4-5 if you really good, and you have good ships, in the small games you can win matches alone.

Otherwise it is really depend on your random teammates.

but I don’t think Eviscerador, u plays only alone since February. (but anyway 1.98 is just very amazing)

Here is an example game, takes too long to upload so I think I won’t upload more for now. I feel shame about this…

The point is just so the devs can see OUR point of view in the matchmaker, not just their game logs. Yesterday, I played 3 matches. Just so you see how 1-sided they were, my team won all 3. Longest match? ~2 minutes.

The way the MM is right now? Definitely included…

Inclued T3.

Well, 2.41 (3755 total pvp games) Win ratio here, mostly solo T3 (it is next to impossible to play even 2 man squads in my timezone :frowning: ) and steadily growing.

I don’t think you can reach easily over 1.3 winloss in solo after T3, Inclued T3.

From when I first played and where I’m now. I get my major w/l bump back in the warp kamikaze and nuke days. Recently I play sc 80% of the time with squad of 2-3, sometimes 4, 10% T5 solo, 5% T2, and 5% T3. Doesn’t matter that much in sc since we get quite a lot of ppl queuing together.

zmdiZIf.jpg

6Jfsk7A.jpg

I think playing in times where it is morning/midday in europe is the best for pvp win ratio. Americans get tired, youngsters from urop flooding the tiers, adolescent and elder players from russia and europe still at work or in university bed… :smiley:

And in a squad, facing strong enemies in the queue for a whole night, can give you a lot of SR, but on the cost of W/L and vice versa.

And then there is personal mood, teams, tier… and currently also a lot of luck with the MM.

Or in which patch epoch one person was how active with which ship.

Point being, even W/L is not something which can objectify skill, nothing is. Skill is after all situational. It’s experience, which should be measured stronger. That is a more empiric number. Total battles, fleet strength, in relation to recent and total activity, etc.

Let epeen numbers be epeen. If I had to approach an MM, categorization of single pilots should be broken down to simple factors (so a couple of categories, like bronze, silver, gold, or an internal 1-10), which are calculated by the stats, instead of creating a MM which actually works on arbitrary number scales. And it should have limits for each factor, so farming a good stat over a point where it does not really say anything significant anymore, is simply epeen growing, but does not skew the classification internally. Otherwise, such players will always shift the boundaries of these numbers statistically, by being exceptionally bad or good on purpose, and the results will become chaotic. That will tell me more about holes in my mechanics and dynamics in the game, than about the player itself.

Also, I would add a self assessment of the pilot, which can influence this, by letting him decide where he is at any time, which could possibly influence his internal classification but only relatively. Finally, this would not be visible to players, so it can be finetuned independently.

Finally I would brainstorm about a (one time) rematch vote, which could give me insights where my MM struck gold, and also look at data from matches, where people left the game or disbanded the group or changed tiers afterwards. If any match gets a rematch with all participiants, I have a solid case to study. Making it one time only, of course, to hinder uncontrollable abuse, so no rematch of a rematch.

But to fix the game itself, I think the MM is not the primary issue, lack of players who stay with the game however is.

The milfe sec con squads of doom… haha sucks having nobody else to fight but you guys when I get home from college at night.  You guys have perfected the art of small group sec-coning

From when I first played and where I’m now. I get my major w/l bump back in the warp kamikaze and nuke days. Recently I play sc 80% of the time with squad of 2-3, sometimes 4, 10% T5 solo, 5% T2, and 5% T3. Doesn’t matter that much in sc since we get quite a lot of ppl queuing together.

point being, you just said, your W/L tells, how easy is to win a game for you and your peers in your personal favourite gamemodes, and how it came to be, but it’s still not objective.

which kinda underlines, what gizmo said, not contradicting it.

Still, impressive achievement ^^, needs some dedication. I suggest playing from now on on the dedicated server directly to increase it to over 9000.

Too bad i didnt meet you in the short op pylons era :smiley:

Well, 2.41 (3755 total pvp games) Win ratio here, mostly solo T3 (it is next to impossible to play even 2 man squads in my timezone :frowning: ) and steadily growing.

I’ve seen you in game when i get insomnia, you get the “advantage” of your timezone. At that time t3 is a noobzone. Just like all day t5: noobzone foreva! 

Sadly best fair games are beetwen squads in t3 from 8:00 pm to 1:00 am (gmt + 1). It’ not so simple to raise your win/loss ratio if you only play that. But unteel mm scr*** up it was really fun!

I’ve seen you in game when i get insomnia, you get the “advantage” of your timezone. At that time t3 is a noobzone. Just like all day t5: noobzone foreva! 

pretty much, yeah. Boring :frowning:

6.1 W/L, WTF!

The milfe sec con squads of doom… haha sucks having nobody else to fight but you guys when I get home from college at night.  You guys have perfected the art of small group sec-coning

Scorp and SRS are great as well, we don’t get on TS and communicate just to have fun (no guard engineer) so sometimes we lose too :stuck_out_tongue:

We change factions from time to time just to get battles, long queue is not fun :S

Guys, this is a patch discussion.

W

point being, you just said, your W/L tells, how easy is to win a game for you and your peers in your personal favourite gamemodes, and how it came to be, but it’s still not objective.

which kinda underlines, what gizmo said, not contradicting it.

Still, impressive achievement ^^, needs some dedication. I suggest playing from now on on the dedicated server directly to increase it to over 9000.

Too bad i didnt meet you in the short op pylons era :smiley:

Thanks borg :smiley: my sec con influence is over 9000 tho, someone need to play often to get those gold sectors :005j:

On topic: Patch is great, jeri got more shields to tank on, and missiles worked fine, no more spamming, more pve maps would be awesome for future updates.

W

Thanks borg :smiley: my sec con influence is over 9000 tho, someone need to play often to get those gold sectors :005j:

On topic: Patch is great, jeri got more shields to tank on, and missiles worked fine, no more spamming, more pve maps would be awesome for future updates.

Yes, patch was fine. Just that disgusting modification on friday was not fine. 

but but t4 :-o

agree. very good patch. cant wait till next patch this week :01111: 

but but t4 :-o

What do you mean T4, there is no T4.