Star Conflict v.1.0.4 discussion

[Update content](< base_url >/index.php?/topic/24836-star-conflict-v104/)

Looks good so far. Will have to see how it turns out. When are better servers coming though? all this is all well and good, but how am I supposed to play with high ping everywhere with the best being Russian servers? 

Everytime I played on the US servers I got decent ping 50-100 but I got packet loss. every. single. time. I managed to get 2-3 kills every match but it was not enjoyable. I decided to rather play on EU servers where the ping was worse but no packet loss.

This patch seems good but when are we getting to cooler stuff like fixing the servers or creating dreadnoughts?

How about we talk about the matchmaker. The main problem was that there were several squads on one team and none on the other. Also another original problem was that there were three 2 player squads vs three 3 players squads. What players wanted was simply to have a SIMILAR amount of 2 and 3 player squads on each side. It didn’t have to be exact. It just needed to be something like this:

There are five 2 player squads and three 3 player squads waiting for a match in the queue. The developers just needed to fix it so all squads could play instead of the odd squads left still in queue. Team A would have two 2 player squads and two 3 player squads while Team B would have three 2 player squads and one 3 player squad. Both teams would have a similar amount of squadded players while still NOT leaving any squad in queue.

Wow. I like this patch. Adaptives stack, some content added in the form of a new PvE map, pylons no longer being entirely ridiculous (although the nerf might have been a bit harsh. I dunno, haven’t seen it yet, and don’t even use them that much), shields buffed further, a probably needed but maybe not buff to gauss, and some nerfs to covert ops’ alpha strike.

Now, I dunno if buffing shield booster S alone rather than the rest of them was a wise choice, given how interceptors dominate play. And there’s probably going to be griping about the covert ops nerf. But I still like it.

Jericho interceptors were actually the only decent Jericho ships, and they got a huge buff on shield. Meanwhile fighters which were xxxx compared to Fed and Empire got a much lesser buff. 

Federation interceptors didn’t need any kind of shield buff… seriously aren’t they tanky enough?

Gauss was buffed in the other hand, so that makes me happy.

Looks like a lot of builds were buffed today.

I’ll have to check when I get back.

a frigate can hardly hit any interceptors >500m/s. further buff on this ship type will discourage the use of frigate in t4-t5 pvp public game. this small ships are so powerful, it can destroy a frigate in 1 sec if confront 1 on 1. frigate will nvr stand a chance.

Gauss was buffed in the other hand, so that makes me happy.

So should I decrease the bonus Gauss gets using this module?

[http://forum.star-conflict.com/index.php?/topic/24828-cpu-modifier-crosshair-module/?mode=show](< base_url >/index.php?/topic/24828-cpu-modifier-crosshair-module/?mode=show)

a frigate can hardly hit any interceptors >500m/s. further buff on this ship type will discourage the use of frigate in t4-t5 pvp public game. this small ships are so powerful, it can destroy a frigate in 1 sec if confront 1 on 1. frigate will nvr stand a chance.

Who said that a frigate should be 1v1 anything?

Who said that a frigate should be 1v1 anything?

looking at the pvp game in t4-t5, u mostly get a 2players vs 2 players. where the other teammate might a bot.

holy xxxx a new patch, time to log in once. looks like a good patch though, good work.

I like everything except interceptor buff to shields.  Inty balls were hard enough to deal with… I guess you could blame that on servers too, idk.

I really am glad the gauss got a buff though!

With the 1.0.4 update, pilots can safely install multiple Adaptive Shields:

The effects of two Adaptive Shields are now added together

Each Adaptive Shield has its own activity indicator

Uh… so does that mean only 2 Adaptive Shields can be stacked? Or can we go as far as 3? Because that wording is confusing.

And they finally listened to the community and buffed shield tanking, and the Gauss cannon. Bout’ time!

HUD

Added highlighting pilots with a Premium license in battle debriefing

WE DON’T CARE! Seriously! When are you going to understand that we do not want to see a running list of all the people who are buying over-priced premium ships? When will you get that showing us what we ‘could have earned if only we had premium’ after the battle only pisses us off? Why do we need to see who is a subscriber? How does this enhance the game?

All you are going to accomplish is to deepen the rift in your demographic between players who pay real money, and those who play for free. And that rift will tear this game apart. This feature will breed nothing but resentment among this community!

I would much rather see some sort of indicator, showing me what DLC bonuses are active and how they are helping me. I have yet to see anything that confirms the 10% bonus to credit gain (captain’s cut) actually exists. Because, it is more important to show who is a paying player and who is not? That is not how you encourage players to pay. That is how you encourage players to leave.

Uh… so does that mean only 2 Adaptive Shields can be stacked? Or can we go as far as 3? Because that wording is confusing.

You can use as many as you want.

pylon nerf?!

whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy?!

Statistics show that hull is often more effective at protecting ships that the shield. This is due to the fact that the shield is much larger than the ship. Because of this, some smaller ships were at a disadvantage due to their size.

To remedy this disadvantage, we increased maximum shield charge for a number of ships:

Jericho interceptor shield strength increased by 16%

Federation interceptor shield strength increased by 10%

Jericho fighter shield strength increased by 9%

I like this.  Most people will probably complain, but it’s good that you are noticing flaws in such mechanics.  However, I disagree that it’s “due to the fact” of the shield’s larger hitbox.  I think it’s more of a “shields take a beating” much more than hull does, and it takes damage first kind of thing, but you are on the right track.

In addition to these changes, we decided to improve implants affecting ship shields:

Neurocontroller ‘Doctus’ 3-1

Implant efficiency increased by 33%

Neurocontroller ‘Owl’ 3-2

Implant efficiency increased by 40%

Neurocontroller ‘SR Mark 2’ 3-3

Implant efficiency increased by 50%

Besides, to improve general interceptor shield efficiency, we tweaked the module  Shield Amplifier S

Shield regeneration increased by 50%

This is confusing.  Did you increase the efficiency gained from battle, or?  Please clarify.

Made balance changes some Covert Ops role modules. On the one hand, Covert Ops modules take quite long to recharge, on the other hand, for a few seconds a Covert Ops ship can destroy virtually any other ship.

We decided to accelerate the reloading of some modules, but to reduce their active time. These changes are intended to give a chance to survive to the ships attacked by Covert Ops. Please note that changes are made ​​in such a way that the average damage caused by a Covert Ops ship has not changed.

Special role module  ‘Plasma Web’

Active time reduced by 30%

Reloading time reduced by 33%

Active module  ‘Orion’ Targeting Complex

Active time reduced by 20%

Reloading time reduced by 20%

There is no way that this will “help” with covert ops.  Sure, active time is reduced, but in the long run, they will have more opportunities to deal additional damage.  Though for a reduced duration, the ships reloading time is what will kill this one.

Most ship modifiers allow the installation of several modules of the same type, allowing you to further improve various ship parameters.

However, after the recent tweaks,  Adaptive Shield , didn’t have this option.

With the 1.0.4 update, pilots can safely install multiple Adaptive Shields:

The effects of two Adaptive Shields are now added together

Each Adaptive Shield has its own activity indicator

tumblr_inline_n9ohwoKLSM1rpk3gm.png

Overall, a great patch.  I am excited to see the annoying gameplay styles recently come to an end…or at least a diminished level.

Finally a good piece of work of the devs. :slight_smile:

Almost any changes in this patch are reasonable and should improve gameplay greatly in my opinion.

Especially the Gauss Buff, the Interceptor changes and the Shield changes are very nice.

Now only improve PvE rewarding and i will be happy. :smiley:

Maybe one of the few close to flawless patches in  past 6 months.
Assuming there are not many ninja changes!

not a bad patch. i like the shield changes because now i definitely have a reason to take resists over regen on my apollo.

Patch is good.

But I wonder if Gauss buff will be enough with this Interceptors shield buff.