Star Conflict v.1.0.15 Discussion

They broke nothing. They made everybody able to have the same advantagge.

Just wanted to add to discussion about crews

I’m very pleased that you’re at least willing to open a dialogue Lawrence, as this in itself could help to resolve the issue.

An acknowledgement from the development team of the justifiable feelings of disappointment amongst their customers, and pledge to avoid similar circumstances in the future, would settle it for many (I’d hope).

I have some questions.

This is absolutely normal practice. Some go even further, for example, by removing paid subscription. Imagine, you pay for a year for access to an MMO, and then bam — paid subscription is scrapped. Do they owe you a compensation? No. You were provided a service that used to be paid at the time of its delivery. The best they could do is give you extra bonuses so that ‘free’ players could envy you.

So what? This just another attempt to absolve any responsibility through equivocation. We’re not talking about other game companies and their attitude to their customers, this about the Star Conflict development team and this community.

Can you at least empathise with the positions of those who feel they have wasted their money on crews?

‘Because of balancing analysis and changes, something may become a paid feature, something may become free and vice versa. Predicting it in advance is pretty much impossible.

But deciding to make the crew function a reward for progression (which I think is a great decision) didn’t happen minutes before the patch did it?

How long before the patch was the decision made?

Did people purchase crews using GS within this time and if so, do you not think it would have been proper to warn those people about the imminent change?

( btw I’m not trying to be antagonistic, just seeking to restore my trust).

U.S. spends more money on this game than russia does (prove me wrong) and u buy more servers over there, why?

And where is the proof that you are right?

And where is the proof that you are right?

Russian economy vs U.S. economy

Actually, Europeans probably spend the most money but U.S. does deserve more servers. 

U.S. spends more money on this game than russia does (prove me wrong) and u buy more servers over there, why? 

I not so sure about that ! 

BUT I do know HOW much I SPENT in this game in since summer of 2013.   Which would be equivalent to a monthly mortgage payment for a 500K house. 

Actually i personally finanze most of Star Conflict by continuously buying Gold Standards and spending them on repainting my ship over and over again. Often i do nothing for hours but design my entire fleet according to my mood atm. Current estimates go that i am behind 40% of all income for this game. Since I live happily in my abode within the dense jungles of Somalia, u are all wrong. 

Actually i personally finanze most of Star Conflict by continuously buying Gold Standards and spending them on repainting my ship over and over again. Often i do nothing for hours but design my entire fleet according to my mood atm. Current estimates go that i am behind 40% of all income for this game. Since I live happily in my abode within the dense jungles of Somalia, u are all wrong. 

wut?

Is anyone else having a chat issue?

I’m typing can anyone read this in English chat and corp chat for the past five minutes and noone is answering.  Now maybe it’s just that noone is reading chat, but yeah it’s strange

everyone has it so it’s not an advantage anymore.

I bought something and devs devalued it. The point is it costs nothing to compensate me in GS.

As much as I would love some form of compensation, it isn’t necessary. We paid for an “early access” of the crews. The only thing that makes me mad about the crews becoming free is that the devs had repeatedly stated they would never be free.

They broke nothing. They made everybody able to have the same advantagge.

This is not entirely correct. It’s looks this way, at the first glance, but to be exact, it isn’t true.

It’s all about getting more money with a clever marketing move. It’s not about free option, far from it! It would be a step in the right direction, but only, if T5 premium ships wouldn’t unock the crews for free!

Here lies the MAIN AGENDA!

Yes, you can get to rank 15, but with current T4 and T5 tier occupancy, who can hope to get to rank 15 quickly enough, to get one or all of them for free? Only old players can, but not the new ones.

The new ones give up much too quickly.

Imagine me. I would loose access to all 3 of “free crews” instantly, even though I paid for them, if I would not be at rank 15 already with all 3 factions. And no reimbursement issue… Unresponsible, unethical and immoral. Not criminal, but still.

It’s like a limited time trial, which is supposed to be “free” for a limited time, before you pay for it. It’s supposed to be “yours”, after you pay, but because you paid, it’s free now for the rest at your own expense. Clever move, but also very risky with no respect to “funding” customers. Very bad move to loose already low reputation, the one you still have, at the expense of “paying community”. I do not have a grudge against those, who never invested a dime into this game.

I have a grudge with those, whose intent is only to cleverly deceive “paying customers” who helped you establish this game with their own money for the most part.

I would not have complained, if the answer from the developers or within their administration about the “crews” issue, when they were introduced would be, maybe or later. But, sorry, no comment each and every time?

Do you see now, how much damage can you do to yourself, because of your refusal to answer important economic questions, which concern all of us? You damaged your own credibility, if not even destroyed it.

When the money comes out of our pockets, we should have such answers answered! Period.

From now on, it would be prudent, that you start doing so.

Sometimes silence is the worst option. This is certainly the case here.

I bought the crews, because I was 100% sure, that they will remain like this forever. There were no expressions, or indications of any doubts. I expected 50% or even 75% sale on crews.

Of course, being ignored is a national standard here.

Players would buy them for 1000 GS or 500 GS.

As I already mentioned above, new T5 premium purchases (minimum 1 premium ship purchase per each faction) would unlock all free crews by new players, but in reality, it’s only a good marketing strategy.

It’s actually much worse. Why?

You need to spend more than 6000 GS (20EUR), to unlock all 3 crews options. Now you need to spend over 100 EUR, to get the free crews instantly, or you need to play for a very, very long time and with such low T4 and T5 occupancy is extremely hard. By enabling this option, you actually encouraged people, to buy at least one T5 premium ship for each faction, just to ensure, that by doing so they get a “free reward”.

Instant access to crews.

Who would bother with that, if you can pay, right?

To make it fair, remove possible day 1 early crews/implants unlocks with T5 premium ships only. They should only get unlocked by standard ships.

Premium ships are meant to be used, when you need to generate more free synergy and as such, only by synergising your standard ships with your free synergy from those ships, you can unlock the crews for free. Today there are T3 - T5 sales, so it’s worth it.

No insta unlocks! Tier rushers would be good, but if they do not know, how to play or even have basic knowledge or understanding, they will only frustrate other players. But it doesn’t matter. More money is good!

There is no need for each tier training or mode education for the new players, so that they would at least understand the basic principle of each class or role, if you will. We got your money, move along. Next!

The old supporters are forgotten, the new ones are here, until they are old again. What is old is new again…

Note: Please, do not censor or delete this post! It’s tied to v1.0.15 patch discussion, even if it is a bit off-topic on some occasions, but it reflects on the same issue, which is introduced with this patch/update.

I will wait for the official statement from Mr. Lawrence H.

With respect,  Koromac

There is no refund planned.

All is said with this. Please refrain from reviving the refund discussion.

An updated version of the Crew tutorial video.

Imagine me. I would loose access to all 3 of “free crews” instantly, even though I paid for them, if I would not be at rank 15 already with all 3 factions. And no reimbursement issue… Unresponsible, unethical and immoral. Not criminal, but still.

You would not lose anything. Your theory is based on a misassumption, since, you can still buy the crews for 2k per crew, but you are informed that you can also unlock it with rank 15, if you dont have them;

You would not lose anything. Your theory is based on a misassumption, since, you can still buy the crews for 2k per crew, but you are informed that you can also unlock it with rank 15, if you dont have them;

THEY SHOULD also ADD CRAFTABLE Spatial Scanners (T3-T5) and GS based, like they are now.

They should also improve the mechanics for crews:

Crew prices!

If you buy crews at rank   1  -  9, it should be 2000 GS.

If you buy crews at rank 10 - 12, it should be 1000 GS.

If you buy crews at rank 13 - 14, it should  be  500 GS.

At rank 15, it is free of charge, as a gift!

Again, T5 premium ships shouldn’t unlock the crews for free!

Ultimately, if you don’t like something about the game, don’t spend money on it. Dollar Votes (or whatever your local currency is) speak volumes about what is okay and what is not in a business practice.

The devs have no contractual obligations to do what we ask, the only thing that truly has sway is whether or not we as players spend money on the game. If the devs don’t do something you like, stop spending money. This game IS free to play. If enough players do that, I guarantee you the devs (or whoever handles monetization) will take notice.

Ultimately, if you don’t like something about the game, don’t spend money on it. Dollar Votes (or whatever your local currency is) speak volumes about what is okay and what is not in a business practice.

The devs have no contractual obligations to do what we ask, the only thing that truly has sway is whether or not we as players spend money on the game. If the devs don’t do something you like, stop spending money. This game IS free to play. If enough players do that, I guarantee you the devs (or whoever handles monetization) will take notice.

That is exactly how I am now. No more money from me, I have lost interest in the game, due mainly, to the Devs not listening to what is being asked of them.

Honestly, if you don’t  think it is right to invest into a game then that is fine, but if like to support the developers and speed up progression a bit then invest a bit of money into the game.

For me this is the only reason I have to pay for items ingame.

Methinks tournaments are a great idea and a great success:

lvA4y7z.png

_ 26 teams!! _

My squad went 2-0-1, got a last second draw round 1. Good games, Team Battle rather than awful Beacon matches, influence for wins, free GS for wins… Definitely doing this again!

Overall I think this patch was very positive!

Positive :

• The tournament was awesome! There was so many players, I really enjoyed the fights. The GS reward was a very good idea.

• The crew was the only p2w part of the game, I’m glad you made it free.

• We can paint ships in the queue again.

Negative :

• The servers can’t handle the 26 team at the same time? The tournament should be the best advertisement for the game. Players having fun, and ask their friends to join. And we was throw out after each match, and at the last game we started 3v6 because our team was in the login queue… It will need to improve asap.
  • I spent 20 euros for open the 3 crew. at that time I already had all the ships. I don’t think there should be a full refund, because I used the advantage of the crews, but you communicated we’ll never be able to get it for free and that was the reason why we bought it. I would be happy with a partly refund, or a special preset for the “Funders” who’s invested into a free item. I think a new nice unique preset would be a symbolic refund.

Russian economy vs U.S. economy

Actually, Europeans probably spend the most money but U.S. does deserve more servers. 

You live in a dream world man. Don’t believe in the US propaganda.

They have far more Russian players. Maybe you would be right if the balance would be 60% RU, 40% EU+US.

Check the charts 03. http://star-conflict.com/ru/news/425/current/