Star Conflict v.1.0.15 Discussion

DLCs are different as they go on sale and it is known. See, Devs said it would never be free. i wouldn’t be mad if it was on sale for 1000 but i’m mad that it’s permanently free and i don’t get refund. 

DLCs are different as they go on sale and it is known. See, Devs said it would never be free. i wouldn’t be mad if it was on sale for 1000 but i’m mad that it’s permanently free and i don’t get refund. 

But DLC is not guaranteed to go on sale, and even if it does you don’t usually get prior warning.

So what if the discount was permanent? What if Crews were still P2W only, but only cost 1 GS? Would you demand a refund then? If yes, then at what point would you NOT demand a refund? How much of a permanent discount is unacceptable? If it is acceptable for the Crew to be permanently reduced to 1GS, then why is going that little bit further unacceptable?

I get that the Devs may have said they didn’t plan to make them available without P2W, but that was a bad call. Are you saying that if a company makes a bad choice they should NEVER be allowed to correct that choice?

I’m like Jenkeze on this one: I’m very positive about this patch.  Although I understand that some people who bought all the crews may be annoyed, personally having only bought one, this is a good change, as it means I can have different implant sets for all my ship types, and not just frigate/inty.

The tournament seems like a very good idea!!

I have a few questions about it though:

Will there be streamers?

What are the exact mechanics?

Is it 1v1, or are you put in a team?

Which game mode?

Can squads/wings queue up?

A lot of explanation is required I think :slight_smile:  Even though we will see what happens on Sunday I guess…

I was hoping for 1.1 release, but I suppose I can wait longer :fed014:

But lets give them time.

I was hoping for 1.1 release, but I suppose I can wait longer :fed014:

Give them time :slight_smile:

look, they said it would never be free. that is the reason i bought them! they lied and they should give us standards back. Standards are free people, it costs them nothing to give them back. 

I like the patch. It’s a bunch of small things, like normal, but it’s in lieu of devs probably working their butts off on getting dreads in sooner rather than later. And I’m getting slight amounts of hype for that tournament thingy.

Also styx x sword OTP

044d89a2d37063bb572c45457e42.png

So… if you buy a DLC pack and that is put on sale a month later, are you entitled to the difference back as a refund? That does seem to be the same arrangement to me.

It’s not like they went on sale, because everybody knows things go on sale from time to time. You can’t claim that you’ve been robbed if you buy something the day before a weekend sale, but you can definitely feel remorse.

On the other hand, if theoretically, Costco memberships were a one-time thing of something like $500, I bought one, and one month later they’re free for everyone forever, I’d be rather upset if I didn’t get any money back.

Of course, the difference is that crews were only $5 each, not $500. So do take that with a grain of salt.

There’s no reason to be upset, because greedy business practices will always hurt some people, and this time “some people” includes people like me. But that doesn’t mean that being upset is some awful thing and that people who haven’t gotten hurt have the right to act very smug about having not made the same choices.

Give them time :slight_smile:

Nah, instead, this is what I’ll do!

f7Tfcyn.gif

look, they said it would never be free. that is the reason i bought them! they lied and they should give us standards back. Standards are free people, it costs them nothing to give them back. 

I don’t think they lied. A lie is an intentionally false statement. If I say I’m going to a party, but the day before my boss demands I come into work that day when I was meant to be off, I haven’t lied to anyone - circumstances have changed to render my old statements false, but it’s not a lie.

I think that’s what’s happened. Monetisation policy was that Crews were to be available purely via Gold Standards. I am of the opinion the Devs have little or no say in that policy, so when people asked about it they replied that they had no intention of making them available in any other way. They aren’t allowed to say “we want to, but can’t because of Gaijin”. But clearly something has changed and now they can. Again, that doesn’t mean they lied - it was true when they said it, but circumstances changed.

This is also one of the reasons I think it’s a waste of time trying to get a refund - I don’t think they have the authority to do that.

I like the patch. It’s a bunch of small things, like normal, but it’s in lieu of devs probably working their butts off on getting dreads in sooner rather than later. And I’m getting slight amounts of hype for that tournament thingy.

Also styx x sword OTP

044d89a2d37063bb572c45457e42.png

It’s not like they went on sale, because everybody knows things go on sale from time to time. You can’t claim that you’ve been robbed if you buy something the day before a weekend sale, but you can definitely feel remorse.

On the other hand, if theoretically, Costco memberships were a one-time thing of something like $500, I bought one, and one month later they’re free for everyone forever, I’d be rather upset if I didn’t get any money back.

Of course, the difference is that crews were only $5 each, not $500. So do take that with a grain of salt.

There’s no reason to be upset, because greedy business practices will always hurt some people, and this time “some people” includes people like me. But that doesn’t mean that being upset is some awful thing and that people who haven’t gotten hurt have the right to act very smug about having not made the same choices.

Again, it’s not that people don’t have a right to be frustrated at spending money they didn’t “need” to, but I don’t see that argument as being sufficient to warrant a refund. They spent real money and got access to a game feature months ahead of the rest of us. If Crews were made completely free to all players and the GS option was removed then I might support them, but as of now I don’t see any difference between the crews and buying a 4th ship slot (which I did, and I do kind of regret that because I got to Rank 12 pretty soon after…).

Ultimately, it’s a bad precedent. I don’t see that a company should be required to refund people based on buyer’s remorse, especially not when it comes so long after purchase - I doubt many people complaining here only bought their crew last week. Accidental spending, yes. Refunds for when the nature of the product has been changed? Potentially. But in this case, no. Crews still work the same, the purchase option is still there, there’s just a new option that has been added long after the initial purchase plan came into place.

I don’t think a refund would be necessary. Maybe at best like some free synergy.

I don’t think they lied. A lie is an intentionally false statement. If I say I’m going to a party, but the day before my boss demands I come into work that day when I was meant to be off, I haven’t lied to anyone - circumstances have changed to render my old statements false, but it’s not a lie.

I think that’s what’s happened. Monetisation policy was that Crews were to be available purely via Gold Standards. I am of the opinion the Devs have little or no say in that policy, so when people asked about it they replied that they had no intention of making them available in any other way. They aren’t allowed to say “we want to, but can’t because of Gaijin”. But clearly something has changed and now they can. Again, that doesn’t mean they lied - it was true when they said it, but circumstances changed.

This is also one of the reasons I think it’s a waste of time trying to get a refund - I don’t think they have the authority to do that.

Again, it’s not that people don’t have a right to be frustrated at spending money they didn’t “need” to, but I don’t see that argument as being sufficient to warrant a refund. They spent real money and got access to a game feature months ahead of the rest of us. If Crews were made completely free to all players and the GS option was removed then I might support them, but as of now I don’t see any difference between the crews and buying a 4th ship slot (which I did, and I do kind of regret that because I got to Rank 12 pretty soon after…).

Ultimately, it’s a bad precedent. I don’t see that a company should be required to refund people based on buyer’s remorse, especially not when it comes so long after purchase - I doubt many people complaining here only bought their crew last week. Accidental spending, yes. Refunds for when the nature of the product has been changed? Potentially. But in this case, no. Crews still work the same, the purchase option is still there, there’s just a new option that has been added long after the initial purchase plan came into place.

they should refund me if they didn’t lie. 

It costs 0 dollars to give me 6k standards. 

I was waiting for dreadnoughts instead of something new you decide to give free what i paid real money for , and yet i should remain silence?  I did open threads about proper server selection , admins said they know it then close my threat so where is it? my ping on asia servers was unplayable  , now whole game become unplayable.

I check this threat so many times just for hear something from someone in gaijin team , i did  wait for quick patch or rollback so i can play a game higher than 6 fps. nothing so far…  

I’ve  a high end gaming computer able to run games higher than 6 fps even 6 years later newer games.

all this whining crying from paying customers event this text is a waste , lets face it you give money for nothing and you know it before reach your pocket. now they just spit on your face , well you deserve it. I f you like it you can continue give your money for more i dont care. I’m done with being  paying customer on star conflict,  i did buy decent pack from another online space game 5 minutes ago and i will continue support them until they act like you. And i dont give name for the name of respect.  

for the green titles ; you should take care with players not to suppress them. Some of us not kids , some of us has kids stop acting like you are the kings, customers always right , continue act like this you will loose us one by one.

I dont want refund , i dont want my money back , what i want show some respect who left here and still support your game.

SenC out 

GMs just give all people who bought 1 crew  T1 premium ship, 2 - T2 premium & for all 3 owners -  T3 ship, if it`s possible to do. They paid, had some advantage so I think full refund not fair too.

LOTS OF TEXT AHEAD WARNING

if your gonna start reading it at least finish reading it this i humbly request of you sir/madam reader

we should not discuss if it was right or not to make the crews a paid only item that’s not what this is about that holds no point here THEY stated that it would not be free by doing that they assured that you would have to purchase the crews to have any chance to obtain them at all this made it so that should they go back on their word that they need to give those who paid some type of refund for lying to them.

the Costco thing is if they told u specifically in any written or verbal exchange that the membership that u purchased would at no time be free they have made a legally binding statement that assures your purchase is worth it since they went back on that you are legally inclined to get a refund of some sort if they had stated that.

this is the law we are speaking about here and it says that this is fraud anyone who takes this to a small claims court will win on the basis that it was fraud and that they stated that it would never be free as long as those facts remain u cannot says that people have no right to demand a refund.

and if they lowered the price then it would be a mute point (as long within reason and not some scummy tactic like making it 1-100 GS) the fact is they stated something that motivated people to buy said item and then went back on it if you are their defendant and we are the prosecutor you’ve lost before u can even start to formulate a defense because the law says your client just committed fraud.

fraud

noun

wrongful or criminal deception intended to result in financial or personal gain.

note that while not criminal in what they did it was wrongful of them to do so which means they have indeed committed fraud this can also been seen as deception and deceit its wrong those who paid for the crews in which they said would never be free deserve a refund by the law itself you literally cant say its wrong of them to demand a refund cuz saying that is saying that the law that protects consumers is wrong and that is plain bull in my and the majority of other peoples opinions and if that’s your stance then i ask u kindly to excuse yourself from this conversation because your view is by its nature wrong.

P.S. u can not agree with people getting a refund but what u cant do is say they have no right to. like u have a right to say they don’t u have that right, that doesn’t mean your right cuz in this case you are wrong.

The people who say that you should get a refund actually bought crews. those who say you shouldn’t didn’t buy crews. Does anybody see something wrong in this picture? 

I bought an advantage. i got sick of being hammered by p2w people and bought an advantage. now you are taking away my advantage that i bought? 

i never bought these crews i simply state facts and stick up for my fellow players who some companies want to treat as nothing but a wallet.

I’m all salty because of the proximity of my purchase to the switch to the crews going free.

I barely had my crews for 2 weeks and now they’re free. I’m so burned by my buyer’s remorse that now I don’t trust the game with my money at all. It’s one thing if you bought them months ago, but what about the people that got burned on a recent crew purchase?

How can I trust SC as a consumer if I get no warning on changes to paid content?

What else is going to be up for GS next and then gone completely free? What about the people that undoubtedly bought crews mere days before this patch?

I want to find someone who bought crews literally the day before the change and ask how they feel.

Edit: And no, DLCs and related things are different because there is a precedent established that DLC and related items will go on sale eventually. Crews have no such precedent.

customers always right

Is one of the worst things happened to “eastern” business model, no they are not always right, far from it.

And “green” status has nothing to do with this.

First of all any claims of such level, must be backed up by actual data, and have to be started from facts and not false assumptions, memories or wishful thinking.

So how about you provide an actual official source where it was stated that Crew will never be free or alternatively obtainable. After you provide this, please prove that it was made with intentions that you loudly announce here.

And in-before you start quoting me later, i can not remember definitive statement of “it will never be non premium” nor have i seen statements of “we will make it free”.

P.S. Alternative (i.e multiple) accounts are not permitted on Forums. So by posting from this (Hezrim) account you confirms that it is your sole and only account you use on this forum, and not causing any hiatus for for fun, or call it trolling or w/e, in order to avoid any impression towards your main account.

I’m glad they’re free now as well, because the old system was exactly the kind of monetisation that I don’t like in F2P games. 

I absolutely agree.

Frankly, I’m not convinced the dev team have the authority to issue these refunds even if they wanted to.

Noone is expecting to receive a cash refund, but they can and should refund the GS spent on crews prior to the patch. They don’t have to, but its just the right thing to do.

BTW I really hope the ‘spatial scanner’ becomes available as a reward for progression. Having exclusive access to Mk 5 blueprints always struck me as an unfair advantage.