Star Conflict v.1.0.15 Discussion

Guys, stop crying about GS lost; i’m sure most of you WOULDN’T have waited to reach rank 15 to get extra crew anyway. I paid for 2 crew myself and quite happy i did, i still have a long way to go before i reach rank 15 with any nation.

And for those who still don’t know, we can still buy the crew for 2000 GS if we can’t bother to wait to get rank 15 in each nation.

So basically, by your idea, If they make DLCs and premium ships free for all, and not refund their prices it would be fair because we got access to it long before anyone else who didn’t pay?

Crews are exactly the same like DLC and premium ship. Because there was no mention of making them free eventually

This is not like 4th ship slot or fast-upgrade-item… this is different

Yes.

I paid for Fallout 3 and all the DLC. Then the GotY edition came out and people could buy all the content for the same or less than what I paid for the vanilla game.

Same happened with both Borderlands games and others. Early adopters pay more for less content, because they get access before the latecomers.

Are all people with FPS problems using ATI? because I have Nvidia and I didn’t have a FPS drop.

Nvidia for me too and no issue here either.

If you have FPS issues:

[http://forum.star-conflict.com/index.php?/topic/26117-fps/](< base_url >/index.php?/topic/26117-fps/)

Unlike some of you, I feel like I have been swindled, I paid for the extra crews, now they are free when you reach r15, I expected to be refunded, or at least be given a months lisence as compensation.

What you don’t realise, is that this new free crews at r15 is also a long con for new money, they realise that they can get more money for players buying R15 ships, than for crews, so they bind the two together and encourage more r15 ship purchases…

And so, we have more idiotic, unexperienced pilots in T5, because the devs don’t think on the consequences of their actions.

So, to those of you that keep posting in this topc, saying “cry moar”, “stop whining” etc… I will not pity you the day your r15 game play is spolied due to n00bs in T5 ruining your fun.

the problem from no getting a refund from what Iv read is that they said repeatedly that they wouldn’t make the crews free if they did indeed say that then they lied and that is a solid fact u cannot deny. Now if that is indeed the case then I support those who paid to get a full refund or some type of compensation lets say a free premium ship of their choosing for the amount spent if they did not indeed say it repeatedly then its a mute point.

and no ones corrected me since but if this is indeed gaijin then this type of silliness is something u should expect regularly from them plus to let the guy earlier who said Russian double standard look at war thunder yes gaijin has a Russian bias always will.

im using a nividia card BTW and had the massive fps drop last night just entered the steam launch set up and gonna see how it works.

What you don’t realise, is that this new free crews at r15 is also a long con for new money, they realise that they can get more money for players buying R15 ships, than for crews, so they bind the two together and encourage more r15 ship purchases…

as if the tier rushers would rush because of implants.

Although I’m a bit troubled that my 2000 GS spent on bravo crew was wasted, I got 2 new crews fo free!  2000 GS gain in my eyes!  That does suck for the players that spent the money on them all though… I do feel like their should be some sort compensation (maybe not GS, but rather a free premium ship of their choice or license time dependant on the GS they spent on crews).  Still, it was our choice and personally wouldn’t expect a refund.  However, it would be a different story if they ever did the same with premium ships I think. Those who spent the cash on it did have an early advantage for sure.  But now, it definatly helps those not able to spend money on the game, which is a huge plus. 

Still a good patch and am not upset over my loss in GS.  Haven’t been able to log in today to see the FPS drop, but will find out later today.  Very glad there are going to be more tourneys.  Can’t wait for the dreadnaught update to hit… Season 2!

Okay, to these people STILL crying about Crews, let me share something here:

I bought a game the other week for about £30 online. Yesterday I discovered that I can get a copy of that game for free in a special offer sale. Am I entitled to a refund? It’s the same seller, and the seller never told me the game I bought would be free this week when it wasn’t last week, so am I entitled to a refund?

The answer is no, by the way. Just because a product’s price drops later doesn’t mean you are entitled to that lower price. Seriously, do you think that you’re owed refunds for all the Premium ships you bought because you bought them at full price and yet your friend got 33% off in a sale?

I bought a game the other week for about £30 online. Yesterday I discovered that I can get a copy of that game for free in a special offer sale. Am I entitled to a refund? It’s the same seller, and the seller never told me the game I bought would be free this week when it wasn’t last week, so am I entitled to a refund?

The answer is no, by the way. Just because a product’s price drops later doesn’t mean you are entitled to that lower price. Seriously, do you think that you’re owed refunds for all the Premium ships you bought because you bought them at full price and yet your friend got 33% off in a sale?

Not crying about the crews here as I personally am glad they are free now for the greater good, but personally I’d think that there should be some sort of compensation (doesn’t have to be GS as I listed above).  No, they don’t have to refund us which is fine by me, but the choice to do so could piss off some of the player base that supports the game with transactions and cause more people to leave, which this game doesn’t need due to low population and long que times.

So, no we aren’t entitled to a refund, but if there was some sort of compensation for the lie of “crews will never be free” the devs would keep more of their playerbase and improve their PR.  I’m not leaving the game due to this, I’ts still an awesome game!

the steam launcher fix stated in page 2 of this topic fixed the fps for me thz.

and the whole refund thing is probably fueled by the fact that they said they wouldn’t make it free repeatedly if this is indeed the case then they have to give a refund i’v studied buisness and people like me who are educated in some of this stuff know that this is fraud plain and simple.

Mate, maybe something was lost in your understanding, I never said rushers would rush because of implants;

I did say that as the devs make more money from r15 ships than from crew purchases, that binding them together, makes the purchase MORE viable for those that rush to T5 with no experience or piloting skilllearned along the way through normal rank progression.

Insta rush to r15 and get free crews ! Marvelous !..

Which game mate ? Can you PM me the name ? :stuck_out_tongue:

I don’t see why people should get a refund for crews […] Consider it a punishment for rewarding bad monetisation practices

Wow. Schadenfreude much? Stay classy JasanQuinn…

I’m very pleased that crews are available to all players now, but I can certainly empathise with those who have spent their hard earned cash and now feel more than a little cheated. This has nothing to do with entitlement, it’s to do with trust - a commodity that, considering this games player retention, the developers would do well protect.

A compensatory gesture of goodwill to those who purchased crews would go along way, and reassure those who may now hesitate to financially support the game.

I see, small-tournaments in every weekend, it’s cool. But in which tier? Or it will always change?

I guess since it’s related to Sec Con, same rules are applied: rank 11 and above.

I guess since it’s related to Sec Con, same rules are applied: rank 11 and above.

I don’t think it is related to sec con. Also it says in-game: rank 7-9.

Tier rushers probably aren’t even smart enough too know that getting to R15 gives them crews unless the game says so. They will rush regardless.

The upcoming one this weekend is rank 7-9.

I’m very pleased that crews are available to all players now, but I can certainly empathise with those who have spent their hard earned cash and now feel more than a little cheated. This has nothing to do with entitlement, it’s to do with trust - a commodity that, considering this games player retention, the developers would do well protect.

A compensatory gesture of goodwill to those who purchased crews would go along way, and reassure those who may now hesitate to financially support the game.

Very much this.

I don’t think it is related to sec con. Also it says in-game: rank 7-9.

My bad, i still didn’t check the in game new stuffs. Still testing the fps/max usage from gpu issue ^^’

I’m glad they’re free now as well, because the old system was exactly the kind of monetisation that I don’t like in F2P games. While the term “pay to win” is thrown around a lot here, and in all F2P games, I think it was a clear-cut pay to win example. There was no way to get that advantage, or a comparable advantage through free play.

By paying for that advantage, players are voicing their support for both Pay to Win mechanics, and the monetisation of that kind of game element. So I fail to see why people who apparently support P2W design choices deserve compensation when their permanent advantage is changed to a temporary one.

Players now pay so that they don’t have to grind to get extra crew, just like you can pay to not have to grind for a 4th ship slot, or buy a licence to increase your income. The only valid argument I can see is an argument for change of product - that is, since the crews have been changed so much that the initial reasons for wanting to buy them are gone. However, the only thing that’s changed is exclusivity, and I don’t see that as valid.

And don’t misunderstand; just because I don’t feel they have a leg to stand on doesn’t mean I don’t understand their frustration. They feel that their GS was now wasted. I feel I wasted GS on most, if not all of my T4 Premiums. Doesn’t mean either of us deserve our money back, even as  “gesture of goodwill.”

Frankly, I’m not convinced the dev team have the authority to issue these refunds even if they wanted to. I suspect the monetisation of this game is dictated from on high; a theory reinforced by the fact that there are a lot of little things they could do to increase potential income that require very little effort, but they don’t. Nor do they allow questions on monetisation methods and suggestion of changes to the system. That points to it being out of their hands.

Which game mate ? Can you PM me the name ? :stuck_out_tongue:

Thief. It’s free on PSN now if you have a PS+ account.

the unfairness is that they said they would never be free if they had not stated that then it would be a convenience thing not a if u want it u have to buy it thing like it was they lied plain and simple they said it would never be free and then made it free that is a lie and that is pretty much fraud as far as a court is concerned. 

So… if you buy a DLC pack and that is put on sale a month later, are you entitled to the difference back as a refund? That does seem to be the same arrangement to me.