Star Conflict OBT v.0.9.14 Discussion

But I have a question. Why have you removed the posibility to see how much free synergy will cost you to upgrade a ship? Before this patch, if you upgrade the ship without having enough synergy, the confirmation pop up showed the current synergy in white, and the needed free synergy in purple.

Now it just shows the synergy required, but doesn’t give you information about how much free synergy will be consumed. I suppose you did this in order to increase the free synergy consumption by casual players, hoping they spend real money in synergy transfer.

I will say it won’t work, and it is just a bad change.

Yes, changes like this are insulting to players and loyal customers, and they still keep doing it. 

Not that it affects me, but I still have to say it’s just not cool. Changing something that was transparent and clear at first, than make it hidden and confusing, hiding some facts from the game, hiding that you are spending some other currency. That is just mean, and people don’t like the fact that you are hiding some mechanics from the game, specially after some time after we got used to it. It makes you even more likely to waste free sinergy now because you are used to having a notice that says that you will spend free sinergy, now you may think oh look, that’s all pure sinergy there… Why hide this? Show us what are we spending when buying something! It just feels like mockery, and being cheated, in a cheap way. 

Yes, changes like this are insulting to players and loyal customers, and they still keep doing it. 

Not that it affects me, but… it’s just not cool.

I am a positive person, and I hope it was just a “mistake” in the new reworked UI. Because if not, is just childish and as you said, insulting to loyal customers.

All thanks to dual AMD Firepro D500s with 6gb of VRAM!~ c:

R7870, here. I see the Flare, but it’s just rainbow strobes, it’s godawful.

I don’t fully agree with this, it shouldn’t be automatic.  Take the highest DSR pilot, and pick all the pilots within like 150 points of him, use the logs to get an idea.  Select the captain from that pool.  We want decent pilots as captain.  We may want the DSR farmers farming…  Yeah, I just said that.

You clearly haven’t seen how Death Squads handle their Captains, have you?.. They just rush in on the enemy’s spawn area and farm THERE. Captains have a 75% extra damage buff, why would you NOT fly to the other side of the map and shoot the enemy in the face!?

Minimap has been temporarily disabled.

Well, that was a big mistake. More tacti-dumb pilots that said it was useless?

Lens flares are cool, but some times they are distracting so I have disabled the feature.

Damage incomming is welcomed, and the new shiny jerry torpedo looks neat.

But I have a question. Why have you removed the posibility to see how much free synergy will cost you to upgrade a ship? Before this patch, if you upgrade the ship without having enough synergy, the confirmation pop up showed the current synergy in white, and the needed free synergy in purple.

Now it just shows the synergy required, but doesn’t give you information about how much free synergy will be consumed. I suppose you did this in order to increase the free synergy consumption by casual players, hoping they spend real money in synergy transfer.

I will say it won’t work, and it is just a bad change.

Hey, sorry for the wait - I was trying to find more about this. Turns out - just a bug, will be fixed soon.

Well, that was a big mistake. More tacti-dumb pilots that said it was useless?

It wasn’t complete and there were inner problems with it. Please, read carefully the word temporarily

btw, now that captain selection relies solely on SR, are there any plans to modify the calculations of that rather pointless number? like, including assists, objective caps, buffs, debuffs, repairs, that kind of stuff instead of just who got the killing blow?

reposting

NeoCodex, warning. Watch your language, please.

Hey, sorry for the wait - I was trying to find more about this. Turns out - just a bug, will be fixed soon.

Thanks for the confirmation. As I said I’m quite an optimist guy so I supposed it was just that. Because it was so childish and plain wrong that it couldn’t be on purpose. Right?

NeoCodex, warning. Watch your language, please.

Please msg me where it was inappropriate, I only said the truth. And it got deleted.

Thanks for the confirmation. As I said I’m quite an optimist guy so I supposed it was just that. Because it was so childish and plain wrong that it couldn’t be on purpose. Right?

As far as I am aware - just a minor bug with code. 

It wasn’t complete and there were inner problems with it. Please, read carefully the word temporarily

The circle minimap? It was perfect. For those that were used to Gravidars in the X-series, that thing was golden. The only thing I disliked was that, every single time you pressed M, the mini-strat map would appear, even in chat. And that was terrible.

Why everytime I find something useful, it’s removed (Or temporaly Disabled) the next patch? T.T

The circle minimap? It was perfect. For those that were used to Gravidars in the X-series, that thing was golden. The only thing I disliked was that, every single time you pressed M, the mini-strat map would appear, even in chat. And that was terrible.

The circle 3d map is useless if you had a really high sensor range or really low sensor range.  Around 5k sensor range seems to be good, but if you have around 10k range it’s useless because everyone’s cluttered so close you can’t get an idea of who’s where.  Too low like frigates and everyone’s missing.

The circle 3d map is useless if you had a really high sensor range or really low sensor range.  Around 5k sensor range seems to be good, but if you have around 10k range it’s useless because everyone’s cluttered so close you can’t get an idea of who’s where.  Too low like frigates and everyone’s missing.

Not really, as Ory said, if you are used to gravidars in space sims, it is quite easy. Just remember which one is your max sensor range for each ship (more or less of course)

Also, all detected ships are always shown, but if they are further your max range, they just are shown at the edge.

TLDR: The gravidar is an excellent tool.

Not really, as Ory said, if you are used to gravidars in space sims, it is quite easy. Just remember which one is your max sensor range for each ship (more or less of course)

Also, all detected ships are always shown, but if they are further your max range, they just are shown at the edge.

TLDR: The gravidar is an excellent tool.

It is, but not when your sensor range is 10k:) the new one might actually be more helpful there.

The new one is more helpful for ships that need a certain positionning.

You can see where you are needed, where are the vulnerabilities in the ennemy positionning and how exploit them.

Wait… Am I expecting some kind of Strategy and Synergy between ships?

Suggestion: add a function to toggle display range on gravidar, so your bonus to sensors stays the same (you can detect and target enemies in your range), but they only show up in your gravidar in a fixed range, like for example 3,000 if you want, so you can properly dogfight and have a feel how far someone is out (and display arrows at the edge of gravidar for those that are outside the 3,000 range).

You could toggle radar like this in MechWarrior 4. 1000/500 and 250 with passive sensors only (undetectable outside your own passive range, but you cannot target outside of it as well), with ranges of 1200/600 with BAP respectively. If we had something like that here, it could be even more useful, because navigating with gravidar at 5000+ sensor range is very confusing, and it’s not really helping.

1. I’m not happy with “lens flare”. Looks more like “greasy windshield flare” on my PC, like some occasional rainbow patches here and there. I use ATI HD5670. Sorry for devs efforts, but I turned flare off.

1. GM posts should have COLOR AND BOLD (maybe even caps lock) in hangar chat. GMs usually provide important info and it’s easy to miss it (like Server connection announcements).

1. Guided Torpedo is best-for-trolling weapon now. At least Armadillo implants helped a bit before, but now we all reimplanted and balance is lost. I noticed frigate captains now simply spam it to the crowd. We can never have enough trolls. More kills - the merrier. No matter how many team mates are killed as well. Weapon of Gods.

Everything else is awesome, hipp-hipp for devs!

What you people are forgetting is that the range changed automatically. If you don’t want to see the entire map, just hug a rock or something! The range automatically changes to a very close range.

The change to spawn invincibility is a prime case of “if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.” If I was so inclined I might conclude it was done purely so a certain group of players can farm more kills…

As to why it was actually done, I can guess - Combat Recon Captains hiding at the back of the map.

The answer was not to change spawning invincibility - the answer was to stop Captains hiding in their spawn. Here’s a solution that came to me within about 30 seconds:

1. Captains cannot enter spawn points - this territory is “out of bounds” and they explode if they don’t get out within 5 seconds.

1. Captains spawn into the game just outside of their own spawn.

1. Captains are invincible for about 20 seconds on spawning to prevent Inty-rushing catching them unsupported before the rest of the team can arrive.

There we go! Captains under this system can’t hide at the back anymore, and we can have the old spawning mechanics back to prevent spawn-camping by certain groups of players.

Spawn invincibility was abused by recons, which microwarped to the enemy captain and unleashed hell in the 6 seconds left. 

So, I think this was to stop recons. Since they can repeat this procedure smth had to be done. 

I tried the cruise missiles: first thing they made: hit a rock!  :lol: