Star Conflict OBT v.0.9.14 Discussion

[Update content](< base_url >/index.php?/topic/22231-star-conflict-obt-v0914/)

cruise missiles can now avoid objects. . .

so does this mean that they have their own pathing system now, and can, for example, hit targets behind asteroids by flying around it?

Either way this sounds like a welcome change to a missile that is never used past tier 2, and is only used at tier 2 because its the only option.

The player with the highest effectiveness rating becomes the captain

looks like everyone with a high rating will have to dedicate a slot for being captain. no more newbie captains rushing to their death. it will be interesting to see how this affects combat recon, it has its pros and cons, but I think it is mostly a good thing.

The implant nerfs, I feel were unnecessary.

The implant changes will shake the meta quite a bit. 

Static barrier now stop effects including hull/shield regeneration.

What?

Wasnt healing aura and station heal without the need for line of sight?

the armadillo was only slightly better than the 25% hull resist, now the 25% hull resist is clearly better. with the other perk, you have a choice between 50% crit chance and 30% projectile speed. I think thats quite balanced, choosing between ~20% more damage per minute. and ~20% more hits. with the implant nerf there, the metagame will favor the 30% projectile speed in every case except for players that use ion emitter gunships.

this looks like a mistake to me. we’ll figure out what exactly it means when the servers are back up.

Imo the problem with armadillo was combining it with Gigas II, ships from rank 8 and below will suffer a lot.

I like the combat recon change nd the patch overall.

What?

Wasnt healing aura and station heal without the need for line of sight?

This is effective only for autonomous regen. modules, that engineers leave behind.

the armadillo was only slightly better than the 25% hull resist, now the 25% hull resist is clearly better. with the other perk, you have a choice between 50% crit chance and 30% projectile speed. I think thats quite balanced, choosing between ~20% more damage per minute. and ~20% more hits. with the implant nerf there, the metagame will favor the 30% projectile speed in every case except for players that use ion emitter gunships.

this looks like a mistake to me. we’ll figure out what exactly it means when the servers are back up.

Armadillo was clearly superior with proper combination of other implants and module configurations in every case, it was a standard setup.

Now, combined with the fact that the Ox implant may not be used so much anymore, it’s use became questionable and limited. Would still use on certain ships, but it’s not all around suited anymore, unfortunately. Our lineups will have to be even more specialized now. 

1. Charging and rep stations do require loss to heal, so that’s for barrier

2. Nerf to Armadillo was needed, but it still slightly better than a hull resists one in t3+. why? - math. at-least it reduced drastic effect on crit builds.

3. Cruise missile - gotta see that :)) sounds cool

4. thanks for not nerfing camo/chameleon

5)i sure hope inc dmg text works :slight_smile:

6)r6 feds nerf to go with armadillo, probably good, just gotta re run calculations on dmg  again

and the server is up, BTW. come and log on so I can try out the cruise missiles!

and excellent job devs, getting the server back up so quick.

I am curious how the role of the Guard ship will change with the increased likelihood of more pilots using the Cruise Missile now…could be interesting.

Good patch overall; I especially like the way the captain is chosen.  Since there are more inexperienced players, this should make it where the team doesn’t lose because a bad player got the role by random.  Keeps the “Captain” the…well…captain!

I am curious how the role of the Guard ship will change with the increased likelihood of more pilots using the Cruise Missile now…could be interesting.

Good patch overall; I especially like the way the captain is chosen.  Since there are more inexperienced players, this should make it where the team doesn’t lose because a bad player got the role by random.  Keeps the “Captain” the…well…captain!

This is also much more clear now. You’re good with piloting and have a high rating - you are most likely to become a captain.

No more EM torp PvE Galore, that was the only FUN part about PvE :frowning:

btw r13 Federation Ant II is nerfed 5% dmg and 5 sec duration

So what would be preferred? +7% Main weapon damage or +35% Crit damage?  I feel like, unless you’re a gunship, the MWD would be better…

Stasis now stops pulsar. Those ecms are already really hard to hit with a frigate.

I see lots of nerfing on the implants.

It looks like PVE gonna be a lot harder.

The captain changes seem nice.

About time that x mas music is gone.

"Fixed a bug with ships exploding on approach to stationary warp

gates" oh finally!

Well, not sure if it’s a glitch or if I’m missing something, but a lot of T3 modules at least are saying “XXX,XXX Credits” or “1 Artifact” to upgrade, but you cannot upgrade with 1 artifact, and seeing how I have plenty, I’m guessing it’s a bug.

So what would be preferred? +7% Main weapon damage or +35% Crit damage?  I feel like, unless you’re a gunship, the MWD would be better…

break point is 20% critical chance, if you have >20% crit than r6 fed gives more total average dmg than empire r6

Well, not sure if it’s a glitch or if I’m missing something, but a lot of T3 modules at least are saying “XXX,XXX Credits” or “1 Artifact” to upgrade, but you cannot upgrade with 1 artifact, and seeing how I have plenty, I’m guessing it’s a bug.

that 1 next to purple dot is RED - red means you don’t have it to upgrade

that 1 next to purple dot is RED - red means you don’t have it to upgrade

Oops, haha now I get it.  i didn’t know that they showed differently between purchased items.