Star Conflict OBT v.0.9.14 Discussion

Good patch overall; I especially like the way the captain is chosen.  Since there are more inexperienced players, this should make it where the team doesn’t lose because a bad player got the role by random.  Keeps the “Captain” the…well…captain!

While this is great, I will still miss the old SCon days with “gj stupid cap”, which were kinda hilarious. It added a bit of a zing.

I am curious how the role of the Guard ship will change with the increased likelihood of more pilots using the Cruise Missile now…could be interesting.

Bad Guards will die, Good Guards will survive.

neurocontroller ‘Armadillo’

Missile damage reduction now stands at 30% compared to the previous 40%

Critical damage reduction now stands at 20%, compared to the previous 40%

So the Mortar is not anymore affected or it’s a translation error?

And the Mortar do not deals more dammage against this implant even if it’s a critical hit.

Alpha-inhibitor ‘Ox’

Critical damage increase now stands at 35%, compared to the previous 50%

Poor Gauss Cannon.

This nerf is clearly diriged against Positron and Shrapnel.

Stasis now stops pulsar. Those ecms are already really hard to hit with a frigate.

A good patch is patch nerfing guards for no reason. Need to test it.

Nice patch overall. The implant changes are welcomed, and the captain selection will avoid newb1e captains spoiling games (most of the time without them knowing what they are doing).

Also. THANKS FOR REMOVING THE CHRISTMAS SONG!!!

Thats a ton of Bugfixes. Thanks for that. 

I wonder if this will solve my FPS-Problems…

Having a high SR captain is a good thing, but I fear it will stop me from sniping in many combat-campfest matches…

I guess I´ll stay with armadillo. Less damage from explosions is worth a lot. 

I guess it is better for the mode but still, I don’t enjoy being the captain :confused:

Holiday event conclusion
Disabled Holiday Hangar decorations
Disabled Holiday ship decorations
Holiday decoration elements have been removed, money spent on them - refunded
Installed customization items persist until the next re-painting
Removed Holiday weapons
Disabled Holiday tasks

Gah, finally, no more slow beams and snowball machine guns of death.

Spawn invincibility
Spawn invincibility is now removed if the pilot uses modules or weapons

As it should be.

Combat Recon
Changed captain pick rules
The captain is picked 15 seconds before the end of the final countdown
Captain pick is conducted among the players already loaded intp the game at the time of the pick
The player with the highest effectiveness rating becomes the captain
There are no other conditions for picking the captain
If no player is loaded at the time of the pick, a bot may become the captain

Well, this is interesting. Bots are suicidal idiots (literally), so what good is there to picking a bot as the Captain? Will it have a different AI? If not, you can expect a lot of rage in the loner Tiers.

Graphics
Added lens flare effects
The effect can be enabled in options
If your hardware is not powerful enough, you can’t enable the effect

WhereIsYourGodNow.jpg

There’s nothing else to it, this is clearly the future.

Positron Cannon
Spread now also decreases during charge accumulation
If the weapon is charged but a shot is not fired, spread stops decreasing

This shall make me use Positrons again. Then again, I’m not sure why I stopped using them in the first place. Ohrite, CM boost.

Cruise missile

Cruise missile can now avoid obstacles

Well, that’s interesting. So… an automated… Jericho Torpedo?.. Of sorts?.. õ_Ô

Static barrier
The barrier now stops all effects including: Pulsar, hull/shield regeneration
Apart from the listed effects, it also stops all effects requiring direct line of sight

And Bubbles O’Death??

Bit of a harsh nerf, why was this done?

Alpha-inhibitor ‘Ox’
Critical damage increase now stands at 35%, compared to the previous 50%

This was very much needed, yes.

‘Blackwood’ shipyard
Significantly increased 3rd stage boss durability, strengthened the boss’s wingmen for ranks 1-3
Increased turret damage and durability for ranks 10-12

I noticed you buffed the turrets’ damage… Did you also notice there’s 5 dozens of them on the field? And how fast they turn to hit you right in the face?

Improved notification system
if you simultaneously remove several modules from a ship, you only receive one notification

THANK YOU! Tired of getting spamed to death whenever that happens.

Customization
Added new flag patterns:
Antarctic
Israel
Slovakia
Turkey
Switzerland
Estonia

WOOO, more falgs! Wait, Antartica? It doesn’t have a nation, so that’s odd…

Added display of incoming damage, repairs and effects
Incoming damage is shown with moving digits
The digits move towards the top of the screen parallel to hull and shield integrity indicators
Digit colour matches damage or regeneration type
Regeneration/repairs are shown in green font
Applied effects also display the type and source of each effect
Damage display can be enabled in game options
Damage display is disabled by default

Was it “added” like it was in the last patch or did the devs remember to put in an actual check box for this, this time?

Added the captain’s stats display for Combat Recon mode
Stats are displayed at the top of the screen
Stats are displayed for both captains
Hull and shield integrity are displayed separately

FINALLY! THANK YOU! We only asked for this, like, 50 patches ago, but better late than never.

… Could it be true? A patch in which I have no complaints of? Have the devs truly been enlightened?

I guess it is better for the mode but still, I don’t enjoy being the captain :confused:

Start abusing self-destruct to lower SR :smiley:

The Hull nerf has begun !

The Hull nerf has begun !

No, impossible. Removing the gameplay of their pets? Never, unthinkable.

WOOO, more falgs! Wait, Antartica? It doesn’t have a nation, so that’s odd…

Yup. but it have a flag, lol.

200px-Flag_of_the_Antarctic_Treaty.svg.p

Think outside of the box: hull tanking. We all complained that hull tanking was too strong compared to shield tanking. Now there you have it.

Current meta is all about the hull and empire. Now they just need to give some buffs to shield related implants and ships…

Think outside of the box: hull tanking. We all complained that hull tanking was too strong compared to shield tanking. Now there you have it.

So almost nothing was done about it. I mean, how often do you see missiles and crits on hulls, anyway? This will change almost nothing, the tank is still as strong as it used to be, but crit builds will be more effective against Empire ships. I do hope this is just a start and not the sole change to be made on hull tanking.

Well, before you could stack hull amount with some balanced resists, diamond coating and repair kit coupled with gigas and crit/explosion reduction, your hull resistances and amount were crazy high and easy to repair. 

Crit damage reduction is lower, because Ox implant is lower too, so it kind of balances itself out. The real question is how much more crit builds we will see now, and how players will adapt if the projectile speed implant will be more common now, also maybe less IR scanner high crit builds, meta might slowly start focusing on other modules, like horizon and optimal range, there are so many factors it is almost impossible to predict, but some winds of change will be felt.

Current meta is all about the hull and empire. Now they just need to give some buffs to shield related implants and ships…

That do not work like that.

The Armadillo Nerf is nothing. Just… It’s like removing a grain of sand in the Sahara.

meta might slowly start focusing on other modules, like horizon and optimal range, there are so many factors it is almost impossible to predict, but some winds of change will be felt.

They are not focusing on Range with Horizon, they just want to save their DSR by thinking if they stay far away from the front line they will survive.

Give me a Tractor Beam or a Magnetic Grapnel too punish all this Camper !

Well, before you could stack hull amount with some balanced resists, diamond coating and repair kit coupled with gigas and crit/explosion reduction, your hull resistances and amount were crazy high and easy to repair. 

It’s still the same. This Tanking meta didn’t change in the patch.

The only changed thing in this patch is the DPS Curve for some weapons : Burst vs Linear DPS to be more accurate.

While this is great, I will still miss the old SCon days with “gj stupid cap”, which were kinda hilarious. It added a bit of a zing.

Yeah, I will shed a single tear, but it’s a happy tear.

And Bubbles O’Death??

it was a bit OP in relation to most of crit-based builds (as well as some weapons), this change will provide a smoother experience.

No, they pierce through.

No, they pierce through.

Terrible, then. They already stop everything, why is this a specific exclusion to the rule?

Terrible, then. They already stop everything, why is this a specific exclusion to the rule?

Frigballs.

So almost nothing was done about it. I mean, how often do you see missiles and crits on hulls, anyway? This will change almost nothing, the tank is still as strong as it used to be, but crit builds will be more effective against Empire ships. I do hope this is just a start and not the sole change to be made on hull tanking.

All changes take time. What most of players seem to misunderstand is that there is a developement plan and it is quite hard to allocate time and resources in order to satisfy all of the needs momentarily. Moreover, statistically-wise both hulls and shields are on par. Yet after recieving enough feedback from our players we have decided to look into this situation once again.

There are no promises, we will just look more into it.

It must have become clear over the past few months that we do listen you, yet, some of our players want changes to have lightning-speed pace. :frowning:

Frigballs.

This term is outdated, it’s Styxballs now Antibus.