Star Conflict OBT v.0.9.14 Discussion

This term is outdated, it’s Styxballs now Antibus.

Well, here’s the answer anyway )

All changes take time. What most of players seem to misunderstand is that there is a developement plan and it is quite hard to allocate time and resources in order to satisfy all of the needs momentarily. Moreover, statistically-wise both hulls and shields are on par. Yet after recieving enough feedback from our players we have decided to look into this situation once again.

There are no promises, we will just look more into it.

Balance takes time, don’t worry. Also, the numbers of people playing now is maybe a bit small to make good stats.

It is better to wait for the release and the flux of new players, and the tweak the tanking system. I think that the main problem is that shield resists and modules give less resistance than hull, just to avoid abusing the regen speed. But at this moment the regen speed is so low that most of the time is just negligible. Either improve shield resists (or give shield a module for omnitank like the galva armor) or improve the shield regen.

But the main problem I see about shield mechanics are guards. If you improve shield tanking to be on par with hull tanking, then guards will be overpowered (just think about a guard with the resists of a Sigurd in shield, + phase shield + emergency boost)

1. Charging and rep stations do require loss to heal, so that’s for barrier

2. Nerf to Armadillo was needed, but it still slightly better than a hull resists one in t3+. why? - math. at-least it reduced drastic effect on crit builds.

3. Cruise missile - gotta see that :)) sounds cool

4. thanks for not nerfing camo/chameleon

5)i sure hope inc dmg text works :slight_smile:

6)r6 feds nerf to go with armadillo, probably good, just gotta re run calculations on dmg  again

Hey kost i’m waiting for new dmg calculation lol Do not forget to post them :wink:

PS. Where the hell can i see the amount of my artifacts in hangar? Been away for a while…

Hey kost i’m waiting for new dmg calculation lol Do not forget to post them :wink:

PS. Where the hell can i see the amount of my artifacts in hangar? Been away for a while…

Just mouseover the credits/standards - you will see a tooltip with all your currencies.

Just mouseover the credits/standards - you will see a tooltip with all your currencies.

Amazing lol

Thanks antibus :slight_smile:

Frigballs.

The Singularity Generator, unfortunately, is anti-everything. Why? Because AoE mechanics are still broken. We get full damage if we’re hit dead-on, we get 80-90% damage if the damned thing scrapes the tiny tip of a wing.

All changes take time. What most of players seem to misunderstand is that there is a developement plan and it is quite hard to allocate time and resources in order to satisfy all of the needs momentarily. Moreover, statistically-wise both hulls and shields are on par. Yet after recieving enough feedback from our players we have decided to look into this situation once again.

There are no promises, we will just look more into it.

It must have become clear over the past few months that we do listen you, yet, some of our players want changes to have lightning-speed pace. :frowning:

The thing is that most changes have been asked for ages ago, not simply last week. I do recognise that changes take time, but this isn’t the Theory of Evolution, it’s a Beta Development of a game.

We’ve expressed our concerns about SEVERAL issues in the game, providing, less often than we’d like, relatively simple solutions, that have been ignored. Take, for example, the changes we’ve been asking for the Jericho Torpedo, Hull/Shield tanking (when the Passive Revamp hit us), the ship tree changes we’ve been asking since it was also made, and so forth…

“Statistically”, try pitting a Styx and a Crus-S to see which one survives the encounter. Statistically, try pitting a Prom2 with a Kat-S to see which will survive, again. Numbers only tell the tale so far. The logs the devs love so much are NOT infallible. Because of this, there are severe issues in the game that are being overlooked and/or ignored.

The point is not whether or not you listen to us. You do, you clearly do, but you only listen to what you want to hear, THAT remains to be the greatest problem this community has to face.

I like the new visual of the Guided Jerry Torpedo, looks awesome. Sadly its still useless. 

About the lens flare: I think I´ll disable it… its too distracting for me. I always get the feeling I got shot at, when I see it… maybe its a bit much. 

Anyone wrote that Stasis breaks Pulsar? Thats definitely not working… I dont know if it is necessary tho. 

Havent checked the Cruise Missile yet, but i will do… If pathfinding is as great as the PvE Group hugging Bug its gonna be hilarious to watch  :taunt:

Fixed a bug with Covert Ops role bonus not affecting Plasma Arc

exellent!

Well, here’s the answer anyway )

Muaha ! You activated my Trap Card !

The styx is a Hull tanking Ship ! Not a shield tanking !

Frigball was a general term including “Guards AND Engineers” … and Only the Guards were nerfed !

And what is still here since this “Frigball Era”? The Styx. And what do we see actually? Frigballs without Guards.

The fact that frigballz was the combinaison of all the most Tanky ship from all factions, Now it’s related to One faction : Empire.

Muaha ! You activated my Trap Card !

The styx is a Hull tanking Ship ! Not a shield tanking !

Frigball was a general term including “Guards AND Engineers” … and Only the Guards were nerfed !

And what is still here since this “Frigball Era”? The Styx. And what do we see actually? Frigballs without Guards.

The fact that frigballz was the combinaison of all the most Tanky ship from all factions, Now it’s related to One faction : Empire.

Oh my… removing one part of frigball equation effectively removed it as a whole.

Frigballs.

This term became outdated on the day that Guards got the final resistance nerf and phase shield change, on top of with modules nerf, frigballs got fixed. Singularity was not really a fix for frigballs.

Check the tournament videos and see if frigballs were an issue and what singularity was used for.

This term became outdated on the day that Guards got the final resistance nerf and phase shield change, on top of with modules nerf, frigballs got fixed. Singularity was not really a fix for frigballs.

Check the tournament videos and see if frigballs were an issue and what singularity was used for.

It seems to me that you’ve misunderstood )

Oryngton asked why barrier is still pierced by singularity - the answer is that it may once again lead to frigballs, and that kind of outcome we would like to avoid.

I will always be captain now x(

Some break downs:

> death squads - slightly less effective killers (Deranzeef was right!!)

> fed ships - squishier (armadillo nerf)

> jeri guided torps a slightly little more effective, as well as EM torp suicide launch

> cruise missiles are still useless because of low rotation rate

> the occasional guard + engi frigball got a massive kick in the balls with the static barrier change (use their own barriers to ball them to death while they can’t do anything to you)

> spawn invincibility removal = more spawn camping fests

It seems to me that you’ve misunderstood )

Oryngton asked why barrier is still pierced by singularity - the answer is that it may once again lead to frigballs, and that kind of outcome we would like to avoid.

Barrier hp is still ridiculously low, though. A few cycles of Heavy Blaster can cut through that with extreme ease, let alone with Singularity breaking through it.

By the way why DOES Singularity go through Beacons and Stations, but not immobile rocks and debris?..

Barrier hp is still ridiculously low, though. A few cycles of Heavy Blaster can cut through that with extreme ease, let alone with Singularity breaking through it.

By the way why DOES Singularity go through Beacons and Stations, but not immobile rocks and debris?..

It does, it is NOT a bug. Gameplay mechanics of weapon - helpful to smokeout recons behind beacons and prevent swarming beacon capture.

It does, it is NOT a bug. Gameplay mechanics of weapon - helpful to smokeout recons behind beacons and prevent swarming beacon capture.

I wasn’t questioning the fact that it was a bug or not, I was asking. Why is a rock that we can kick around NOT an obstacle, but a piece of debris of the same size IS?

Hotfix in yo’ face! Without a long enough notice!

(basically i was kicked out of a match)

I wasn’t questioning the fact that it was a bug or not, I was asking. Why is a rock that we can kick around NOT an obstacle, but a piece of debris of the same size IS?

It IS necessary, Ory. 

There is one big issue in SecCon at the moment: Nothing can stop recons from capping the beacons if they rush it. Even if there are 2 more recons defending the beacon they will outcap you. And they are not standing still ofc, what makes them harder to hit. 

The only thing you can try is to kill them with bubbles and minefields (in a cobo)…

On the other hand: Bubbles got a hefty nerf in SecCon since Friendly Fire is active, what makes them tricky to use (poor Bullwii was my first FF victim).   

Whats the bug-fix about? Crashes on Threshold?

General

Spawn invincibility

Spawn invincibility is now removed if the pilot uses modules or weapons

Interesting, to say the least, that this was introduced, gave the pilots that were being spawn camped a fighting chance! 

Changed captain pick rules

The captain is picked 15 seconds before the end of the final countdown

Captain pick is conducted among the players already loaded intp the game at the time of the pick

The player with the highest effectiveness rating becomes the captain

There are no other conditions for picking the captain

If no player is loaded at the time of the pick, a bot may become the captain

Welp, time to die a hundred times in T1 and T2 to get my 1300 SR down to 800…Lol. Jk. 

Ships

Mauler

Changed weapons placement

Tuned the ship’s appearance

Weapons

Positron Cannon

Spread now also decreases during charge accumulation

If the weapon is charged but a shot is not fired, spread stops decreasing

Cruise missile

Cruise missile can now avoid obstacles

Static barrier

The barrier now stops all effects including: Pulsar, hull/shield regeneration

Implant

neurocontroller ‘Armadillo’

Missile damage reduction now stands at 30% compared to the previous 40%

Critical damage reduction now stands at 20%, compared to the previous 40%

Mauler change is interesting, it did look like a giant graphics card straight out of my PC. Positron cannon changes are cool. Cruise Missiles are like mini jericho missiles for all pilots. 

I dont understand how the the Static Barrier works, I need more details on how it stops Hull/Shield Regeneration. 

Why you nerf the implants?! They were fine. You have inadvertently affected the Federations Squishiness, as they have nearly the least amount of both Shield and Hull. 

Regardless, so far so good. 

Graphics

Added lens flare effects

The effect can be enabled in options

If your hardware is not powerful enough, you can’t enable the effect

AW YEAH! JP’s triple screen PC monster just got the Star Trek™ treatment. 

Added display of incoming damage, repairs and effects

Incoming damage is shown with moving digits

The digits move towards the top of the screen parallel to hull and shield integrity indicators

Digit colour matches damage or regeneration type

Regeneration/repairs are shown in green font

Applied effects also display the type and source of each effect

Damage display can be enabled in game options

Damage display is disabled by default

Very interesting, I guess the in game commands for the Tool tips have been removed to make way for this change. 

In conclusion, based on the information given it seemed that this was good and balanced patch in it of itself. Granted there has been alot of minor improvements, but some questionable. Overall, a 8 out of 10. 

Thanks Antibus and the Dev team. 

Whats the bug-fix about? Crashes on Threshold?

Crashes. Should be fixed after that.