Star Conflict OBT v.0.9.14 Discussion

Crashes. Should be fixed after that.

Neat!

btw, now that captain selection relies solely on SR, are there any plans to modify the calculations of that rather pointless number? like, including assists, objective caps, buffs, debuffs, repairs, that kind of stuff instead of just who got the killing blow?

Oh my… removing one part of frigball equation effectively removed it as a whole.

It’s not removing the Frigballs, It’s showing how people can focus on 1 thing instead of the global problem.

Everybody focused the Guard as the main “Frigball’s Ship”, Okay, the MPI/Pulsar/Signature Masking combo was broken. No doubt about this. Same for the +75% dammages with the Phase shield.

But everybody forget 1 ship. That’s the point.

What was the ship that allowed the guard to stay alive but was tanky as a guard? 

The "Phase Shield’ is just a tool. It’s just helping. It’s not like other ships which can be define with they “Special Module”.

You want a solution about the guards?

“Remove the Phase shield”

Give back to the guards the normal shield resistances with a little bonus (to still be able to pretend to be a guard).

Add something more interresting, with more teamplay hability as special module : A tractor beam, A grapnel, a flamethrower, a Fortress mode, a Magnetic Anchor.

The phase shield doen’t fit with the actual Meta-Game.

In one hand : If you don’t know how perfectly use it, you are useless

In the other hand : If you master the Phase shield mechanics, your ship is OP.

That will solve the high gear dependency that guard have and decrease their Super tanking capability in low setup battle.

And no, it’s not a dream, a guard player talking about removing the “Phase Shield”.

“Remove the Phase shield”

Give back to the guards the normal shield resistances with a little bonus (to still be able to pretend to be a guard).

Add something more interresting, with more teamplay hability as special module : A tractor beam, A grapnel, a flamethrower, a Fortress mode, a Magnetic Anchor.

The phase shield doen’t fit with the actual Meta-Game.

In one hand : If you don’t know how perfectly use it, you are useless

In the other hand : If you master the Phase shield mechanics, your ship is OP.

That will solve the high gear dependency that guard have and decrease their Super tanking capability in low setup battle.

And no, it’s not a dream, a guard player talking about removing the “Phase Shield”.

Actually I support this Proposal. 

Phase Shield is UP if you have a random derp and OP if you have a good player. 

And thats a Problem, imo. Due to Phase-Mechanics the Guard is a burden to the Team, if the player dont know how to use it. 

Maybe some kind of easier Module would be better: Like Press “F” and gain +50 Res. to all Damage Types for 10 secs. 

Why Arctic flag and not the one for my country? And I were expecting to customize my ships :’(

By the way, seems like nice patch overall, plenty of stuff got fixed.

It IS necessary, Ory. 

There is one big issue in SecCon at the moment: Nothing can stop recons from capping the beacons if they rush it. Even if there are 2 more recons defending the beacon they will outcap you. And they are not standing still ofc, what makes them harder to hit. 

The only thing you can try is to kill them with bubbles and minefields (in a cobo)…

On the other hand: Bubbles got a hefty nerf in SecCon since Friendly Fire is active, what makes them tricky to use (poor Bullwii was my first FF victim).

I’M JUST WONDERING!! I know the problem with Ceptors, in general, not just Recons, is bad, but that’s Beacons and Stations. But random debris around the map? Why?

And FF isn’t really a nerf, you just need to be careful where to shoot, like in the old days with missiles. I like it that way.

I’M JUST WONDERING!! I know the problem with Ceptors, in general, not just Recons, is bad, but that’s Beacons and Stations. But random debris around the map? Why?

And FF isn’t really a nerf, you just need to be careful where to shoot, like in the old days with missiles. I like it that way.

Yep, FF is now another factor for good teamwork, as it is a must. 

FF makes it tough to shoot ceptors orbiting a teammate

So what would be preferred? +7% Main weapon damage or +35% Crit damage?  I feel like, unless you’re a gunship, the MWD would be better…

30% projectile speed… way better than both of them now imo

Depending of your weapon ! 

Ridiculously OP if you consider T5 projectile speeds.

Can someone post a screen shot of the new Tool tips display for incoming damage? 

break point is 20% critical chance, if you have >20% crit than r6 fed gives more total average dmg than empire r6

vncn0w.jpg

RIP my interceptor crit dmg :<, but still better than 7% base weapon dmg though.

The only thing i see that will breake many ppls will, is the invincibility changes when spawning. Have the developers EVER seen how an ESB deathsquad plays? Well, ill explain: They spawn, and move towards the enemy spawn point killing everything in their path, untill they arive at the spawn point and start killing everyone that spawns. Before we could shoot them while invincible for at least an attempt to have a breake and flee from the spawn point, not, everyone will be forced to be served as free kills.

And they wonder why all the playerbase thinks they tune the game to favor ESB…

I disagree

Ridiculously OP if you consider T5 projectile speeds.

Tier based projectile speed are bonuses and not base speeds, so it is not a multiplicative scaling but additive, difference in projectile speed between tiers (as exampel shrapnel) around 200-300 

So how long invincibility lasts if i DON’T use modules or weapons?

That’s a pretty good question.

That’s a pretty good question.

I would say as always? they didn’t mentio they decreased the time.

Crashes. Should be fixed after that.

I still got a crash just a bit earlier. Cost me 11 SR. Where can I send a ticket for it?

Bug: Combat Recon is supposed to choose the captains 15 seconds before game starts - it still chooses at 10