Star Conflict OBT v. 0.9.0 Discussion

I am hoping to see a major overhaul to Premium ships to make them worth using again, or I’ll be seeking a refund on the grounds of having my premium content effectively deleted without warning or compensation.

If I’m a federation interceptor configured for speed and I get hit by a slow anti frigate weapon three times, the other player outplayed me so massively he deserved the kill. 

If you leave Stasys out of the equation … so yes,you are totally right.

1. Fix following weapons: Pulse Laser (isane overheat), RFB (needs about 10% more Dmg), Shrapnel ( -15% spread), Gauss Gun ( +10% dmg).

2. Singularity Gun: Give us a Hitanimation, make it less effective vs Inties and fighters (slow barrels or scale Dmg. with HP): This is especially a problem in T4/T5 

3. Solve Premium-Ship Issue. 

4. Implement one more weapon for each shipclass. 

5. Give us 2 Weapon Modifier.

1. RFB really doesn’t need the extra damage, I can kill Guards on my Recon with those weapons. Shrapnel spread is good as is. If anything, it should have more spread, because, on my Kris-AE, ALL rounds go straight forward. The Gauss gun is fine, it might need a bit more RoF, imo.

2. Singularity Gun needs a lot of things. Scaled damage towards different enemies, reduction in damage (Frigates literally die in 5 hits if you don’t even notice it, which you can’t because the rounds are invisible), a noticeable bubble (and not just a half-invisible blue ball of death) and slow barrels.

3. Just increase free Synergy gain to 60% and increase GS cost to transfer to 100pts/GS

4. More weaopns is good, but there are several of them, currently, there aren’t being used (or barely used). I’d like to see the current ones tweaked before bringing more into the fray.

5. 2 weapon modifiers is good but, as it happened with the missiles, it’s not “fun”…

1. More weaopns is good, but there are several of them, currently, there aren’t being used (or barely used). I’d like to see the current ones tweaked before bringing more into the fray.

2. 2 weapon modifiers is good but, as it happened with the missiles, it’s not “fun”…

1. Having a universal ‘pool’ and class-specific ‘pools’ to bring back some of the elements of the previous system (which was so much better and a lot more ‘fun’) whilst keeping some of the new ones might help.

2. Just the old modifiers will do. They actually required a certain amount of skill to use right, but not too much for the casual player to fail to grasp it.

Someone reminds me of this meme: 

3odi8n.jpg

Can we stop the sarcasm, and go back to being constructive and productive please?

It won’t make anyone around any older

"Constructive and productive " ended about 60 pages ago

1. RFB really doesn’t need the extra damage, I can kill Guards on my Recon with those weapons. Shrapnel spread is good as is. If anything, it should have more spread, because, on my Kris-AE, ALL rounds go straight forward. The Gauss gun is fine, it might need a bit more RoF, imo.

2. Singularity Gun needs a lot of things. Scaled damage towards different enemies, reduction in damage (Frigates literally die in 5 hits if you don’t even notice it, which you can’t because the rounds are invisible), a noticeable bubble (and not just a half-invisible blue ball of death) and slow barrels.

3. Just increase free Synergy gain to 60% and increase GS cost to transfer to 100pts/GS

AMEN to ALL the ABOVE !!!

End game is all fine and good, but money gets spent on the way there, not afterwards

Which drives me nuts everytime I think about what the hell they might have been thinking … I really do hope they sort out their monetization issues coz everything is so wrong atm …

btw - I unlocked all my T1 and T2’s yay

Jericho was all gray when 0.9 hit and it took me less than 2 weeks to unlock all ships on that faction to R7

Loyalty 6 to 9 on one faction and 6 to 7 on another in that time as well…

R7 to R10 however is going to be when things starts becoming grindy. I estimate 150 battles PER SHIP … even with a license it’ll be a good 100 games. slightly better if you happen to win matches alot.

And because synergy rewards ONLY KILLS (this talk of objectives and medals are nonsense) - certain ships will have problems progressing on an acceptable timeframe.

But nuff said on that … I’ve resigned to flying thrashcans for extended periods and I’m taking Ziek’s advice. JUST PLAY and be surprised when something leveled up enough every fortnight.

4. More weaopns is good, but there are several of them, currently, there aren’t being used (or barely used). I’d like to see the current ones tweaked before bringing more into the fray.

5. 2 weapon modifiers is good but, as it happened with the missiles, it’s not “fun”…

1. The Kris-AE has a bonus on Spread-reduction, which is more or less unique. You can make the Shrapnel work on all Inties but this implies using at least 3 spread reduction mods. 

2. The Gauss-Gun is imo a sniper-wannabe-jackofalltrades-thingy. This Hybrid is worse than the old Hail and Stab. So I would prefer less RoF but more DMG since I want a sniper weapon! 

3. Im with you in regard of the BBB. 

4. Thats even a better Idea. IIRC “free synergy = synergy gain*0,05” should be at least “free synergy = synergy gain*0,2” that would make skipping ships at least possible. 

Gauss is OP. It needs nerfing

[http://forum.star-conflict.com/index.php?/topic/20628-star-conflict-obt-v-090-discussion/page-65#entry215087](< base_url >/index.php?/topic/20628-star-conflict-obt-v-090-discussion/page-65#entry215087)

Gauss is OP. It needs nerfing

[http://forum.star-conflict.com/index.php?/topic/20628-star-conflict-obt-v-090-discussion/page-65#entry215087](< base_url >/index.php?/topic/20628-star-conflict-obt-v-090-discussion/page-65#entry215087)

Aaah! Thats why I see so few ships flying with it. 

Seriously: its not my observation. Actually I would like to see this gun more like a “real” sniper gun. That would include changing the guns mechanics. 

Ion emitter needs nerfing! Bots are too effective with it! >:(

1. The Kris-AE has a bonus on Spread-reduction, which is more or less unique. You can make the Shrapnel work on all Inties but this implies using at least 3 spread reduction mods. 

2. The Gauss-Gun is imo a sniper-wannabe-jackofalltrades-thingy. This Hybrid is worse than the old Hail and Stab. So I would prefer less RoF but more DMG since I want a sniper weapon! 

3. Im with you in regard of the BBB. 

4. Thats even a better Idea. IIRC “free synergy = synergy gain*0,05” should be at least “free synergy = synergy gain*0,2” that would make skipping ships at least possible. 

1. Well, unless the Electronics Guidance modules only reduce spread by 15%, it shouldn’t be like that (iirc, it was 30%-ish??). I still stand my ground on the Shrapnel.

2. Well, since you put it that way… Sure. That does make more sense. However, do keep in mind there are NO sniper weapons in the game, anymore. Not unless you fill your passives with Horizons.

3. That’s 20%, instead of the current 5-10%. For Premium ships, it NEEDS to be higher to actually get people to buy them. You’re paying to skip levelling, not paying thrice as much to get to T2.

1. Well, unless the Electronics Guidance modules only reduce spread by 15%, it shouldn’t be like that (iirc, it was 30%-ish??). I still stand my ground on the Shrapnel.

2. Well, since you put it that way… Sure. That does make more sense. However, do keep in mind there are NO sniper weapons in the game, anymore. Not unless you fill your passives with Horizons.

3. That’s 20%, instead of the current 5-10%. For Premium ships, it NEEDS to be higher to actually get people to buy them. You’re paying to skip levelling, not paying thrice as much to get to T2.

Positron cannon is a deadly sniper weapon in the right hands. Also, didn’t they make the gauss cannons like this on purpose because of how the Stab rail guns used to work?

Positron cannon is a deadly sniper weapon in the right hands. Also, didn’t they make the gauss cannons like this on purpose because of how the Stab rail guns used to work?

The definition of a “sniper” weapon is that you can hit targets FAR away. 4km is NOT far away.

The definition of a “sniper” weapon is that you can hit targets FAR away. 4km is NOT far away.

If you want a specialized weapon you need to adjust your implants and/or mods accordingly That weapon can shoot very far, very accurately and very fast with the right setup.

When everything else averages 3km having a 33% increase in range is quite far. 

Gauss is better than stab rails. Had me on video sniping Gauss and it looks bloody ridiculous.

Downgrading charge from 3 to 2 keeps all other attributes the same while raising the need to hit interceptors atleast one shot extra before popping them open. Right now it still is too easy. I do snipe in first person shooters so my opinion may be biased into thinking that everyone has good aim but I’m assuming I have average shooting skills here in SCon.

As to why we see few people using it … I dunno. Maybe they think tackling is still the best option versus interceptor?

Or peeps feel uncomfortable using a low RoF weapon in close range when they do get into trouble (which happens often in T3 below)?

So technically, the Heavy Blaster is a Rapid Acceleration Fire Shotgun Sniper Laser?

I’d like to see the Heavy Blaster become an area suppression machinegun. We don’t have one of those and is useful considering how top tier plays.

[edit]

wait … what’s a heavy blaster ?

I’d like to see the Heavy Blaster become an area suppression machinegun. We don’t have one of those and is useful considering how top tier plays.

[edit]

wait … what’s a heavy blaster ?

Frig “laser” that shoots a crap ton of shrapnel the longer the buttons is held down.