Star Conflict OBT v. 0.9.0 Discussion

[Patch content](< base_url >/index.php?/topic/20627-star-conflict-obt-v-090/)

“Now the game has no concept of “side of conflict bonus” which pilots chose at the start of the game.”

So we’ve lost the “racial” bonuses? Okay, not a big deal I guess.

Most of these changes… I think I’d rather see them live first than go off patch notes. I’m primarily interested in making sure I still have a Rapid Fire Railgun…

Edit: Very, very glad to see Engineers getting a boost to healing again. I don’t know about T3, but T2 definitely needed it. Maybe now people will actually fly the class again! :smiley:

DID YOU JUST DE-NERF ENGY FRIGATES!

WAHOOOO!

Thanks!

I like the sound of the synergy stuff, and im curious to know if the ammo packs will cost less than it cost for missiles pre-patch. And the hangars are meh. Other than that, sounds fine! not fussed about t5 yet, and the weapons and missile changes sound intriguing.

PS - Dammit Jasan, you ninja’d my first :frowning:

I’m a Recon pilot; getting there first is what we do.  :lol:

“Now the game has no concept of “side of conflict bonus” which pilots chose at the start of the game.”

So we’ve lost the “racial” bonuses? Okay, not a big deal I guess.

Most of these changes… I think I’d rather see them live first than go off patch notes. I’m primarily interested in making sure I still have a Rapid Fire Railgun…

You should still have all your weapons. They will change names and mechanics, but stay. Should any of you miss something please inform me! We will take a look into this (though this is unlikely, but to be on the safe side…)

MY ENGINEERING POWER ONLY GROWS STRONGER, AH HA HA HA.

Looks like a wonderful patch, like I have already said, and I can’t wait for it to go live. It has a lot of content I have been looking forward to for a very long time.

Thank you for all the hard work with the patch notes and preview, too.

Please take a moment to peruse [this thread](< base_url >/index.php?/topic/20626-new-modules/)

I really need to have a Warp Cannon, even if I am the only one in game to be allowed to have it. I am willing to allow myself to be that OP. That is how important this is to me.

MY ENGINEERING POWER ONLY GROWS STRONGER, AH HA HA HA

*Mwuhahahaha

Needs to be more evil, dude :Dwop

Looks all nice and fancy. Im eager to check it out. 

Are the repair costs for t4 down?

Okay, I know I said I was going to wait, but the fact that the ship tree looks like it might have been rejigged to something similar and/or identical to ones that myself and others have suggested… kind of makes me want to run some random speculation. So, here’s what I’m hoping to see!

Tier 1:

Rank 1 - Empire Gunship; Fed Tackler; Jericho Command. Really doubt this has changed.

Rank 2 - Empire Recon, Long Range; Fed CovOps, Engi; Jericho ECM, Guard.

Rank 3 - Empire Recon, ECM, Gunship, Command, LR, Engi; Fed CovOps, Recon, Tackler, Gunship, Engi, Guard; Jericho ECM, CovOps, Command, Tackler, Guard, Long Range.

I know that looks really kind of messy, but for T1 it’d be fine.

Tier 2 onwards:

…basically what the previews showed.

1st Rank / 3rd Rank:

Empire Recon, Gunship, Long Range; Fed CovOps, Tackler, Engi; Jericho ECM, Command, Guard.

2nd Rank:

Empire ECM, Command, Engi; Fed Recon, Gunship, Guard; Jericho CovOps, Tackler, Long Range.

The big point of importance there would of course be the prioritising of factions - if you want the best Engineer, fly Federation. Best Command, fly Jericho. Best Recon, fly Empire.

The “middle” ships won’t necessarily be bad, but they’re there to give variation. I suspect we’ll still see plenty of Hydra 2s and Cerberus 2s… I mean “Styx”… but perhaps they won’t be quite so dominant anymore.

Also, tiny thing… I’m a little sad the Phobos Aura is just “Phobos” now. Phobos Aura not only sounded so much grander, but it made an awesome name for an Empire Command Fighter! Yes, I know it was a Gunship, but I bought it back in 0.7.something and kitted it out as a Command fighter and have never shaken the idea that is what the ship was meant to be…

GG ;),nice for problem Rank…problem resolved i think with the 0.9.0

Want to test it,perfect work,very,for that Star conflict was very good,

(PS:nothing to said,just ,“Thanks for the work…”)

regards

No more mines on my engy…  :sad:

Oh well. Will have to be a bit more carefull now.

Ion Emitter

* Used on: Fighters

* Summary: A powerful tool in the hands of an experienced pilot

* Brief description: laser capable of increasing damage as you keep the beam on the target.

Void Rays! We have Void Rays!  :lol:

Mine is exclusive for LRF, no more on Engy and Guard.

My butt’s gonna hurt.  :smoke:

Here’s a version with a little bit more formatting. Geesh, huge patch - took me ages to put across on the site. So.many.bullet points.

http://starconflict.co.uk/patch-notes-v090/

Looks like a couple of very nice changes, a few others we’ll have to see in action before making a judgement :slight_smile:

Er, what’s with that drone healing range nerf again?  Your allies will have to stay right next to you to get heal now, is that the point?

• Shrapnel Cannon
  • Used on: Interceptors
  • Summary: Well-suited for long-range attacks on stationary targets
  • Brief description: A powerful close range weapon with a low rate of fire

nice description lol.

Once again for those of you guys who haven’t seen our devblog, here’s how new weapon effects would look like:

Once the patch goes live, I will make a possible post here with ship name changes, since I’m sure some ship placements will be weird and a simple name shift would fix it :slight_smile:

One question though:

Did they reduce CD on the warpgate again? Error stated a week or so ago they had placed it back where it used to be, but is this actually the case? Or did they leave it at -want to warp gate again? better die and respawn!-

And if t5 ship tree is anything to go by, the made the ship tree in the form I suggested :slight_smile:

-I’m not sure how I feel about the synergy, It gives me the feeling of World of Tanks in space, and I quit WoT because the grind was insane…- But, gotta be positive! I will just assume you didn’t bork it  :00111:

Btw. there are a few misspellings and some weird texts around…lemme find and post em here.

So frigates are basicly a stationary target with no self-defense mechanisms now, huh? With 2 guns with slow turret turn rate, which are useless against ships with high maneuverability (and that means any ships that are not frigates). The other 2 are Hail plasma and Assault lasers which are not very good close combat either.

Engineer

* Combat Drones: Ally repair radius reduced by 50%

Mind explaining this btw? How much is the range now? 500m?

Shrapnel Cannon

* Used on: Interceptors

* Summary: Well-suited for long-range attacks on stationary targets

* Brief description: A powerful close range weapon with a low rate of fire

Which is it? close range or long range? xD

* You can only sell cartridge packs through Equipment

* You can sell cartridge packs through the Store / Warehouse

uhm, wut? xD

* Military and Experimental versions are refunded with galactic standards at a cost of a trophy.

What do you mean with cost of a trophy?

Now give me premium T5 ship ! (MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA)