Star Conflict OBT v. 0.9.0 Discussion

What do you mean with cost of a trophy?

Via mail, I guess.

Once the patch goes live, I will make a possible post here with ship name changes, since I’m sure some ship placements will be weird and a simple name shift would fix it :slight_smile:

One question though:

Did they reduce CD on the warpgate again? Error stated a week or so ago they had placed it back where it used to be, but is this actually the case? Or did they leave it at -want to warp gate again? better die and respawn!-

And if t5 ship tree is anything to go by, the made the ship tree in the form I suggested :slight_smile:

-I’m not sure how I feel about the synergy, It gives me the feeling of World of Tanks in space, and I quit WoT because the grind was insane…- But, gotta be positive! I will just assume you didn’t bork it  :00111:

Sadly the Warp gate cooldown was intended, but if the cooldown is really that bad we will re-think about it.

As far as I know Warpgates are the way they were before the patch.

What do you mean with cost of a trophy?

The GS that you’ve spent on looting (or would’ve spent). 

Sadly the Warp gate cooldown was intended, but if the cooldown is really that bad we will re-think about it.

With the current cool down, it’s better to suicide and warp yourself to the next beacon.

As an engineer pilot with a warp gate fitted, this is one of few things I can do:

Warp gate on spawn, die, regate.

Warp gate on spawn, survive for 1/4 of the match, warp gate, wait another 1/4 of the match…

Wait with warping, warp, wait 1/4 of the match

or, as the only reason I have a warpgate truely fitted these days:

Wait with warping, get within 5km of the enemy cap, warp gate into him. Laugh as your team wins the match because they lost their captain.

As far as I know Warpgates are the way they were before the patch.

The GS that you’ve spent on looting (or would’ve spent). 

It used to be (mk1 to better) 180 - 120 - 60(If i remember correctly)

Now it’s 360 - 240 - 180 (If i remember correctly)

Actually, I don’t have warp gate anymore, I’d rather replace it with energy emitter, which provides energy for after burner.

Mine is exclusive for LRF, no more on Engy and Guard.

My butt’s gonna hurt.  :smoke:

If that’s the case then it makes no sense at all anymore. Before you uses mines to lock down a beacon, minefields owned by LRF being useless since they harmed you as much as the enemy making you often die in the process. Bring them back on all frigates so that we can use tactics again! Because there is no way a LRF can approach a beacon and survive…

Not sure about how I feel about amunitions. I was quite used to weapon modifiers and still have to check how the new system works.

My general feeling about this patch is that you turned a great game with many possibilities into something very restrictive. Somehow this feels to me as you would like to force players to play as you intend by limiting weapons to specific classes and such… But what I can’t believe most of all is that I’m the only one so far shocked by these changes!

Anyhow, I will express myself further once I’ve tested it all, because from the log it looks like most changes aren’t that good. 

regarding the removal of weapon modifiers.

it can be stated thusly:

as a real estate agent, one does not tear down the wall in one room, to create a larger room.

this is because decreasing the number of rooms in the house lowers the market ‘value’… oh there’s that word i’ve been talkin about again :slight_smile:

Oh I just remembered about the missile cartridges, am I understanding the log wrongly or does it mean we now have infinite missiles during a game and only have to rebuy a cartridge after matches or does it just mean that you’ve grouped missiles in packs but that the number limit remains?

Anyway I think both solutions are a bad. First infinte missiles are game-breaking and if it is the latter, then I’m going to stop using missiles because, what if I start flying a ship just a t the very end of a game, never fire a missile but stil have to spend money on purchasing an entire pack of 7 or so missiles. Sorry but this sounds like a rip-off.

Synergy, any info on that? How much Synergy needed to get next ship, how much is the cost to convert surplus FreeXP FreeSynergy?

Not much interested in grinding, but more about playing with varying ships. Now in addition to the money to get ships you want, sounds like you have to grind synergy for each ship between the ship you want (or convert, with a cost). Hopefully the Synergy level requirements aren’t that deep (I assume they are).

Should have seen this coming, same system is in World Of Tanks.

Many other changes seem interesting to adapt to. Missile change, weapons change, ranks 13-15 open for grinding, Minefields only on LRF and so on… really want to log in and try as soon as I can :wink:

Good patch in-game wise, bit reserved on the “meta” stuff like Synergy.

What is the reasoning behind removing weapon modifiers? My friends and I quite liked the strategy involved in using those properly. Not sure how this “ammo” thing is going to compare.

Between removing the weapon mods and restricting ships to certain weapons, the game seems very…restricted…now…

Economy

* All ship prices, except for Premium-modifications reduced by 25% on average.

* Increased sticker and colour application periods.

* The cost of owning stickers and colours, calculated for 1 day, has been reduced.

Still no permanant option for stickers and colors. Still no option to use credits for temporary stickers or colors. Cannot paint premium* ships.

I won’t use a single GS on temporary *anything*. Either credits for temporaries and GS (or lots of credits) for permanent, or no buy.

*I cannot even preview or apply paint colors to any of my premium (pack) ships - is this intended? If so, why? (Stickers work fine)

No more mines on my engy…  :sad:

Oh well. Will have to be a bit more carefull now.

Void Rays! We have Void Rays!  :lol:

Gotta mass up those Void Rays! Everybody’s telling Gaijin to nerf them, nerf them! 

Oh I just remembered about the missile cartridges, am I understanding the log wrongly or does it mean we now have infinite missiles during a game and only have to rebuy a cartridge after matches or does it just mean that you’ve grouped missiles in packs but that the number limit remains?

Anyway I think both solutions are a bad. First infinte missiles are game-breaking and if it is the latter, then I’m going to stop using missiles because, what if I start flying a ship just a t the very end of a game, never fire a missile but stil have to spend money on purchasing an entire pack of 7 or so missiles. Sorry but this sounds like a rip-off.

They are infinite for the battle, yes. There are 3-6 missiles in the cartridge. When you launch them all, the CD starts. Death resets the CD and you enter the battle with renewed set of missiles again. After the battle you will need to buy missile cartridge again.

Why my synergy level has been reset OMFG!

Nevermind I miss something :smiley:

A LONG RANGE FRIGATTE which supposed to be fighting from the background is now the only “minelayer”?

Thats pretty strange thinking…

No nerf to the speed of the fed-frigs?

Seriously-they are too fast…!

good thing is that they cant spam mines anymore in beacon hunt… :wink:

I dont think a lrf is trying to cap a beacon…lol

The missile-thing is hard to jugde before testing and see what happens exactly…

My oppinion on this is that it might be not the best idea for the gameplay but to increase the number of players in general it is unfortually not the worst idea…

I dont really have a big problem with the new arrangement of the weapons but getting rid of the mods, sry, made them temporarly is sick…

Thats not the right way…

All in all there are many good and bad changes…

I gonna test it now…

Wow… okay, so the “changes” to the ship tree are virtually nonexistent. That’s… really quite a downer.

I

WAS

FULL

SYNERGY

WITH

ALL

MY

SHIP !!!

WHAT

IS

THIS

???

I

WAS

FULL

SYNERGY

WITH

ALL

MY

SHIP !!!

WHAT

IS

THIS

???

Whats with the horrible formatting?

OT, Great patch! will be interesting to see the changes for myself once i get home. =)

Please roll back

A LONG RANGE FRIGATTE which supposed to be fighting from the background is now the only “minelayer”?

Thats pretty strange thinking…

I dont think a lrf is trying to cap a beacon…lol

Minelayers were being abused and dropped on beacons by anyone able to equip them and it was ruining the game considering there is no counter. Not to mention dropping a minefield on someone in the middle of a dogfight. Maybe people will use their guns now and 2/3rd of my deaths won’t be minefields crapped on my head while im dogfighting. Minefields being restricted to a dedicated sniper unit makes sense to me - think of it as a snipers claymore.

Now if they could just nerf those other “I win” buttons such as Pulsar…