Star Conflict OBT v. 0.9.0 Discussion

From what Luckyo is saying, it seems making frigates bots would solve the problem perfectly.

-bot that never engages.

-bot that will go behind everyone in your team, and your team’s job is to cover it.

-bot will turn its modules on ALL the time.

Frigates should never have been playable.

Not sure is serious and really that stupid or trolling…

I’d say trolling but I have seen people in game who could actually have been serious believing this.

1. You can. Warpgate works.

You are joking right? Fitting that is a waste of a team-support module, whether that is a barrier or a remote repair beacon.

If the CD was still 60 seconds instead of 180(Which it was in the past but got ninja-nerfed in 8.something) then it might be worth to fit it, but with the 180-360 CD it is definitly not worth it. 

Btw luckyo, I have been playing with a beachball gunship, and even with 50% mk1 fit I can basicly kill everything without any trouble so far.

You are joking right? Fitting that is a waste of a team-support module, whether that is a barrier or a remote repair beacon.

If the CD was still 60 seconds instead of 180(Which it was in the past but got ninja-nerfed in 8.something) then it might be worth to fit it, but with the 180-360 CD it is definitly not worth it. 

We just won a CR yesterday because of it. I’ve seen more then one engineer escape certain death on our push into their spawn with it as well. It’s not the module, it’s the hands that use it.

While you have a point there, I suspect the reason why ESB frigs are at the top all the time has very little to do with the current balance of the game and more to do with them actually being ESB.  Unless you can support your reasoning with other frigates that are able to pull off the same thing with frigs, I will remain unconvinced.

With their Frigs? Who cares, I get those scores every time I roll a command. The fact that they act as an individual and not a unit isn’t game breaking. The fact that they use T5 ships in T4 matches IS. And the fact that the game ALLOWS this as standard and not as an exception (like having T3 ships in T2 matches) is what further breaks the game. T3 is currently considered “end-game” with good reason after realizing the spectacle that is the current T4 standards.

And there’s more. Recently, I’ve been forced to copy every post I make for fear that they’re deleted. The censorship that’s being applied everywhere around this game further serves to discredit those who work hard on it and that, to the general western populace, is unacceptable. Players NEED to know what’s wrong with the game. Players NEED to know that the devs are supporting the community as a whole. Players NEED to be treated with respect, even if they’re the biggest xxxxxxx in living history (aka, me and a handful of others on this forum). This is what generates bad reviews. Bad reviews that, I admit, you are incredibly quick to hide.

Btw luckyo, I have been playing with a beachball gunship, and even with 50% mk1 fit I can basicly kill everything without any trouble so far.

I have little trouble with mk2 fit and sharpnel cannon either. Or similar fit with assault rails on the gunship.

Does the weapon have to suck before it’s “okay” in your book?

I have little trouble with mk2 fit and sharpnel cannon either. Or similar fit with assault rails on the gunship.

Does the weapon have to suck before it’s “okay” in your book?

The weapon needs to be nerfed yes, It’s far too effective in it’s current form. Simple as that.

It’s not the module, it’s the hands that use it. 

Right right, there’s no need to consider balancing in any game anymore, it’s just the magical hands of the players that will solve every problem ever existed.

I couldn’t care less about your sarcasm, tbh.

IF you flying solo engineer that tries to heal everything, than probably yes, if you fly in a squad, you can determine pre game with your squad what type of tanking are you going to do, and if you flying a Styx with no mobility there is no reason to not equip warpgates, even with 180 sec cd. I admit i do not have warp gates but i do not fly squad healer, and i do not fly Styx (i rock a prem feds engi with 370 speed on it)

The weapon needs to be nerfed yes, It’s far too effective in it’s current form. Simple as that.

Singularity canon is very effective to annihilating Aces, it is extremely hard to use against good players.

All of this is a T3, since i do not have enough experience to comment on t4+

While you have a point there, I suspect the reason why ESB frigs are at the top all the time has very little to do with the current balance of the game and more to do with them actually being ESB.  Unless you can support your reasoning with other frigates that are able to pull off the same thing with frigs, I will remain unconvinced.

oh when i fly my engi in t3, i get more kills than on any other ship i fly on average per game (not counting assists), fear me medals are quite common as well, and i do not fly “tanky” Styx 

oh when i fly my engi in t3, i get more kills than on any other ship i fly on average per game (not counting assists), fear me medals are quite common as well, and i do not fly “tanky” Styx 

Speed tank is still a tank :wink:

Because Mobility is now the super effective tanking mechanics?

Because Mobility is now the super effective tanking mechanics?

Especially against MBBs.

Against everything.

Let me explain :

How do you nerf frigates without nerfing the ships and without complains about ships’ stats?

You have 1 hour !

Against everything.

Let me explain :

How do you nerf frigates without nerfing the ships and without complains about ships’ stats?

You have 1 hour !

Simple. You buff the rest.

Against everything.

Let me explain :

You have 1 hour !

you fix matchmaking?

Speaking of Frigates … wonder if they would get around too adding a bit more NOISE you know some type of LOUD bang ( about on PAR with disintegrator bang)when your being hit with those Blankity Blank Ballons (Singlarity) nothing like being in the thick of a battle planted on one of the last Becons with your Guard Frig… and have someone come up on your behind and quickly whomp on you.

Didn’t take long before everytime I heard one of those even if it came from one of the friendlies I was checking my 6.

Speaking of Frigates … wonder if they would get around too adding a bit more NOISE you know some type of LOUD bang ( about on PAR with disintegrator bang)when your being hit with those Blankity Blank Ballons (Singlarity) nothing like being in the thick of a battle planted on one of the last Becons with your Guard Frig… and have someone come up on your behind and quickly whomp on you. Didn’t take long before everytime I heard one of those even if it came from one of the friendlies I was checking my 6.

Noise? Screw that, most people can’t even SEE them.

Simple. You buff the rest.

a move that I agree with. and things were made better. (can give comparison numbers pre and post 0.9 but too lazy)

however

since things die alot faster (about 2x now) balance means alot more since there is little margin of error in favor of the pilot.

1. get weapons done,

2. then the other neglected roles (tackler, LRF, ECM),

3. Ship Tree and progression tweaks

4. alternative interceptor functions (it’s too linear currently),

5. then back to frigates and how they fly.

Gotta say, alot of adjustment is needed for frig pilots. I mean almost every single patch since 0.8.x forever till now have been about changing how it’s flown. I say leave it for a few patches and let things settle down. It’s only affecting SCon veterans anyway and we’re not exactly top of Gaijin’s priority list.

What happened exactly before the 0.9.0?

Mass Nerffect 1 :

A strange mixed fleet with “Cerberus 2” and “Crusader type S” (and little bit later “Anaconda M”) called : Frigballz.

This kind of fleet was overpowered and facestomped everything. Super tanky, super heal, super dammage, Mobility with Warpgate…

Devs wanted to fix this abuse by nerfing the engineer’s healing systems. Some Nerfhammer have fallen, a rework has been done.

Still not working, the frigballz was too strong.

Mass Nerffect 2 :

During this era, the Galaxy was Dominated by the Frigballz.

Devs nerfed the Guard’s Self Healing, and… that not worked as planned.

Second try, the “Great Galactic Nuclear Winter”, not worked too, the frigates were still too “strong” ! (Dat joke with the ultimate tactical nuclear bomber)

And “BOOM” ! The great NERFHAMMER FALL ON THE NUKE ! 

But nothing could stop the Frigates !

Mass Nerffect 3 :

And a tragedy happened ! A Dark Nightmare, the Ultimate Weapons against Frigates emerged from a Forbidden side of the galaxy !

Teh terrible “PATCH 0.9.0” (TA TA TAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA).

We all know why it came… It mission was to eradicate all the frigates !

But it was too smart to just nerfhammer all the frigates, especially just after the federation’s up !

So, it decide to rework all the weapons system ! In ONE SINGLE NIGHT !

(It also ninja nerfed some frigates, it removed the passiv bonus on the Anaconda M and the Crusader type S)

All the Heavy weapons dissappeard ! A lot of weapons were changed ! Everybody lost their mind !

But the Fall of the Frigate began…

It do not only changed the dammages mechanics of the entiere galaxy.

It also changed all the tanking mechanics ! 

It wrote, with the blood of all the dead frigates:

“Resistance is futile, and regen , and shield/hull quantity too ! Because I created the Singularity Cannon !”

Now the mobility rulez teh Galaxy.

All this just to say they didn’t nerfed ships, they nerfed the resistance/regen mechanics and upped the mobility mechanics with the new weapons systems !

The range of the guard’s modules has been nerf to let Ceptors use the new weapons.

And they didn’t change a single direct value on guard because Jericho has been perma nerfed in a lot of patches, and Fed has been up.

PS : I should stop coffe.