Star Conflict OBT v. 0.9.0 Discussion

Realize that thier DSR is DROPPING like a anchor by doing this ?

I know that I may do 1 & 2 but sure as heck am not self-distruct type to do 3 and 4. I am dropping and getting the heck out of Dodge.

I would seem to think #3 is so that everyone pays attention to blasting away at them instead of scattering… so that #5 will catch as many ships as possible.

Still this self-distruct method is not logical in that each time you “Die” doesn’t the wait\cooldown between spawns take longer ?

DSR is WORTHLESS. Nobody gives a flying toss about it, it means jack xxxx all. It’s a number that represents how well you kill people. What I’m complaining about is that their tactics are actually encouraged by the game. You suicide, kill 1-2 ceptors. Nuke goes off because they were too brain-dead not to leave, kill another 4 ships. Voila, 400 points with 2 button clicks AND, possibly, another 3-4 assists thrown in the mix. I’m complaining that the game rewards them for these kills when they suicided. And this, just so they can grab another nuke and skip the whole 3 minute cooldown.

“3min cooldown? ****that.jpg” *self-destruct* “Fresh nuke, here we go, 20 seconds.”

Yeah… corporations like ESB harm the game more than help it. Hell, the big Russian corps are the whole reason we have a xxxx matchmaking system that nobody (except them) asked for!

I think it’s more just ESB.  I actually respect Nova for what I’ve seen them do in matches, namely get killed by me because they were going after mission objectives.  ESB is most often just kill squads.  I’ve seen a few farmers in T2 which I thought was ridiculous.  I’ve seen a few lone ESB in T3, a few actually doing a good job and working on objectives.  Normally, it’s just a kill squad.

The game’s entire setup appears to be “DO NOT ADVANCE!”.

It’s at least giving a strong preference to the players who’ve been here the longest.  Patches change to slow down the pace more and more, so those at the top stay there longer.  How long did it take the players who started when the game started to reach R12?

Hmph. Heretics everywhere.

Yeah, as an ECM pilot, I rarely fly on my lonesome. You must’ve caught me on my Recon, then. Hey, at least you’re not using xxxx suicide tactics!

Define suicide tactics?  I removed my military “orion” and swapped it with the self destruct.  Five seconds gives me five shots with a weapon that needs needs dead on range to be really effective?  It’s probably not worth it even for 110% boost.  I’ve only used the self destruct when I was almost dead, or it was a “last chance” situation.  Last weekend I got two kills from one self destruct.  I’ve never self destructed to get nukes.

I am so on board with tanking DSR. Maybe if I put it through the flow to the low 600s I’ll finally get balanced matches…

This matchmaker is getting ridiculous, how the hell are rank 12 ships supposed to compete with full blue t5? The rank 13 implants are unbelievably strong in T5 and truly infuriatingly broken when paired with T4. Mixing tiers like this will completely dissuade people from even trying. 

Define suicide tactics?  I removed my military “orion” and swapped it with the self destruct.  Five seconds gives me five shots with a weapon that needs needs dead on range to be really effective?  It’s probably not worth it even for 110% boost.  I’ve only used the self destruct when I was almost dead, or it was a “last chance” situation.  Last weekend I got two kills from one self destruct.  I’ve never self destructed to get nukes.

Suicide tactics:

• CovOps drop n’shock: drop a nuke and either self-destruct or wait for it to blow on your face.

• LRF kamikaze: Grab an Ira Deus, use it as a Gunship then hit F twice when ceptors are al over your face.

These are the kind of tactics the game should penalize you for, not applaud. It’s sickening that people just use this, because, if their DSR gets too low, that’s ok, they’ll just get bumped down a Tier and curbstomp over there, instead.

Suicide tactics:

• CovOps drop n’shock: drop a nuke and either self-destruct or wait for it to blow on your face.

• LRF kamikaze: Grab an Ira Deus, use it as a Gunship then hit F twice when ceptors are al over your face.

These are the kind of tactics the game should penalize you for, not applaud. It’s sickening that people just use this, because, if their DSR gets too low, that’s ok, they’ll just get bumped down a Tier and curbstomp over there, instead.

that are the bad CO’s, the good ones drop nuke > orion+plasma arc > self-destruct when the emergency barrier pops.

It pisses me off that that module even exists, they should just remove it and buff the internal SD.

Edit: to enforce on how bad this is:
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m04wc3ium51r0z68m.gif

just have to say, grinding my R6s now… and i can see how this can become a pain… 33k for L5/8 of a T2? :\ wow…

not really sure how to quantify yet, but looks like more than 3 months (13-16+ weeks, even 19+ by some estimates of mine) to grind the tree with premium… something is wrong here. ;\

prob due to synergy cap.

im at 36 hours in game, on R6. i estimate 48 hours in game to grind all the R6 (well, tbh i skipped some), probably more however. at 4 hours a day max, that’s 12-14 days, or 2 weeks. at 2-3 hours game time, which is the average (or even more than average) it’s more like 3-4 weeks.

needs a 33% reduction in any case… in synergy cost. or easier to implement: a 50% increase in synergy gain across the board.

just have to say, grinding my R6s now… and i can see how this can become a pain… 33k for L5/8 of a T2? :\ wow…

not really sure how to quantify yet, but looks like more than 3 months (13-16+ weeks) to grind the tree with premium… something is wrong here. ;\

maybe because premium ships are broken… if they fix those, maybe… don’t really care about the F2P grind, not my problem… oh and synergy cap

Some ships need to be at max level to get the next one. Last level can be over 330,000 synergy. Have fun!

Suicide tactics:

They probably believe it will deny an enemy destroyed.

Even for backspace, I don’t know how long you have to wait to deny the enemy destroyed.  If you’re alive, alone, but have no hull and barely any shields and no hope of an engineer, self destruct’s a viable option.

You can’t deny kill of your attacker if someone inflicted a particular amount damage on you within a certain time, I believe (seems to have the same mechanic as LOL).

If you know you will get killed by an enemy, trying to take as many of them as possible with you is a heroic act in war, I believe.  ;)wt 

Some ships need to be at max level to get the next one. Last level can be over 330,000 synergy. Have fun!

Yeah I don’t see any way of getting out of T4 any time soon with games the way they are now.  PvE is only good for frigates and fighters albeit you only get 50% of what you would in a PvP match, and trying to synergize your interceptors when T5 kill squads scare everybody away means long queue times slowing progression even more.

Suicide tactics:

That LRF tactic makes grinding synergy easier. You get a bit more points, and you take down an enemy ship that’s more useful than the one you’re flying (i.e. the LRF). I confess to doing that with the Templar AE when I know I have no chance to escape.

You can’t deny kill of your attacker if someone inflicted  an particular amount damage on you within a certain time, I believe (seems to have the same mechanic as LOL).

If you know you will get killed by an enemy, trying to take as many of them as possible with you is a heroic act in war, I believe.  ;)wt 

If you get hit by someone, and then crash somewhere and die, the system assumes that the someone rammed you to death, even if you microwarped away and you’re completely out of range.

Ahahahaah !

Rank 10 ship play with rank 15 did u know? 

While a rank 12 can maybe do it… a rank 10 (closer to t3 than to others t4) sure can’t.

So how is presumed i can level up my empire tree? And let me be clear : i will not pay GS for sinergy transfert, i ll never do. I spent lot for the game in premium ships and modules… i have no problem in invest, but have to pay AGAIN after i bought premium ships is just scam… and i don’t wanna be scammed.

I can’t even play the ship themself couse u put me in t5 with rank 10 ship… so what?

Fortunately i had fed and jeriko rank 12 ships before patch… 

I leveled gunships from prometheus fire, which I had to play 4>7 or so. I currently have lightbringer. I successfully crushed ESB squads in my R11 castor when they were flying their standard R15 and I got to be the captain in CR. It’s very much doable.

The “oh noes I’m in a low ranked ship compared to them” in T5 is a 20% real issue and 80% low skill player’s cop-out as a “I lost not because they outplayed me, but because they had better gear”. In vast majority of the games, a good squad flying R10 ships will utterly destroy most random people flying full synergy R15s. And it’s entirely possible to trash even ESB squads flying R15s with R10/11/12 ships. You simply need to successfully outplay them. It’s hard, but doable, as it should be.

The #1 problem in T4/T5 right now is fear of ESB. The #2 problem is that ESB squads function like cancer when people fear them, and slowly destroy the tier by demolishing people in those 4v4 and 5v5 games in a way that makes people quit the tier entirely. Just like cancer slowly kills the organ by growing its own dysfunctional cell structure all over the organ until it fails. Those small games are indeed largely unwinnable because the only thing needed to win them is usually focus fire. But if people stopped fearing the evil space cancer and more 12v12 games were played, you’d see that they are far from undefeatable.

So quit crying here, put your big boy pants on and queue up for T4/T5 to fix the ESB problem. It’s completely in your hands folks. Devs aren’t going to segregate them, so the fate of T4/T5 is in your hands.

This matchmaker is getting ridiculous, how the hell are rank 12 ships supposed to compete with full blue t5? The rank 13 implants are unbelievably strong in T5 and truly infuriatingly broken when paired with T4. Mixing tiers like this will completely dissuade people from even trying. 

I still think that it’s doable. Just needs big games. You’ve seen it yourself - as long as game is 12v12, it’s the quality of randoms that is usually the deciding factor and can go either way. And that’s the way it should be.

Problem is the retardedness that is 4v4/5v5 small scale games. You know how these end during load screen and that is just wrong. They need to enact squad segregation from main queue, possibly with option to split squad for shorter queue.

R13 lvl8>9 is 340k. You need lvl9 to advance to next ship. I’ve leveled to two R15s so far, one from R12 and one from R10 and it was hell.

I

I leveled gunships from prometheus fire, which I had to play 4>7 or so. I currently have lightbringer. I successfully crushed ESB squads in my R11 castor when they were flying their standard R15 and I got to be the captain in CR. It’s very much doable.

The “oh noes I’m in a low ranked ship compared to them” in T5 is a 20% real issue and 80% low skill player’s cop-out as a “I lost not because they outplayed me, but because they had better gear”. In vast majority of the games, a good squad flying R10 ships will utterly destroy most random people flying full synergy R15s. And it’s entirely possible to trash even ESB squads flying R15s with R10/11/12 ships. You simply need to successfully outplay them. It’s hard, but doable, as it should be.

The #1 problem in T4/T5 right now is fear of ESB. The #2 problem is that ESB squads function like cancer when people fear them, and slowly destroy the tier by demolishing people in those 4v4 and 5v5 games in a way that makes people quit the tier entirely. Just like cancer slowly kills the organ by growing its own dysfunctional cell structure all over the organ until it fails. Those small games are indeed largely unwinnable because the only thing needed to win them is usually focus fire. But if people stopped fearing the evil space cancer and more 12v12 games were played, you’d see that they are far from undefeatable.

So quit crying here, put your big boy pants on and queue up for T4/T5 to fix the ESB problem. It’s completely in your hands folks. Devs aren’t going to segregate them, so the fate of T4/T5 is in your hands.

I don’t care about ESB, infact i’m playing almost only t5 in the last weeks… with t5 ships.

What i care is when i have to play t5 with low synergy rank 10 ships: u don’t only have few modules and less damage … but, and that’s the main iusse imho, u can’t even use modules during afterburn couse of the low energy regen rate you have at low sinergy levels.

If you know you will get killed by an enemy, trying to take as many of them as possible with you is a heroic act in war, I believe. 

There is a big difference between sacrificing yourself for the greater good and killing yourself just for the hell of it.

That LRF tactic makes grinding synergy easier. You get a bit more points, and you take down an enemy ship that’s more useful than the one you’re flying (i.e. the LRF). I confess to doing that with the Templar AE when I know I have no chance to escape.

Your in-game name doesn’t happen to be d0m0b, no?..

PATCH !!!

I want a patch !

Your in-game name doesn’t happen to be d0m0b, no?..

Nope… my IGN’s the same as my forum name. I don’t blow up my Templar AE for fun; I hide behind cover and bombard beacons with my coil mortars. But if I’m mobbed and I know I’ll be dead either way, I might as well launch a torpedo point blank and cause more damage. I’ll keep a lookout for d0mob when I’m in T3.