Star Conflict OBT v. 0.9.0 Discussion

We both know that ESB do not play to win.  They play for DSR.

Dead enemies can’t do objectives.

It’s detonation.   Killing a bunch of pubs in a detonation match where you SHOULD be going for the bomb or its carrier is really no accomplishment.  In any case, I don’t think that screenshot is a very fair assessment of the strength of frigates overall. 

And when you get to R13/R15 from your current level of “barely T3 in spite of having started last year”, you’ll understand exactly why. Leveling from Garm to Naga takes a long time, there is no shortcut through centaur which is my highest rank empire frigate, and it’s been barely a week since patch release. I only have tacklers to R15 and gunships to R13. My ECM is still stuck at R11 and that one is going to go after gunships, then I’ll probably level a guard.

Well thanks for making my point (and lol @ looking up my stats, must have hit a nerve, haha). What you’re saying now is not that the weapon is OP but that they were simply flying better ships than you (and going by their kill/assist balance playing as a team the entire time). Big deal. Also lol again.

Anyone else noticed a steep decrease in loot since 9.0? I haven’t seen a single experimental and very little militaries since 9.0. I haven’t even had the ability to spend any of my gold for experimental loot…

Yes.  There are fewer modules.  A PvE win is giving me faction loyalty instead of a purple module.  In T3, I’m almost only getting T4 loot.  When I finally get to T4 next year, maybe 2015, I’ll be all green!  I seriously have more T4 loot than T3 loot.  I saw one experimental T3 loot today, so it’s not completely gone.  I don’t want to gamble my money on a module for a ship I use almost only for PvE.  I think only once have I spent the gold on loot and got the item.  I’d rather have a 100% option.

No, I’ve had some excellent loot results since the patch.

Unfortunately all for cov ops, a class I don’t fly that often in the higher tiers. Perhaps I should join the spamfest that is Nukes.

There’s no more spam than before.  But on that note, I did put the self destruct module back on my CO instead of flares, just because.

It’s detonation.   Killing a bunch of pubs in a detonation match where you SHOULD be going for the bomb or its carrier is really no accomplishment.  In any case, I don’t think that screenshot is a very fair assessment of the strength of frigates overall. 

Detonation seems to have higher kills than a lot of matches.  Keeping your team in a tight ball will end up in a loss, and spreading your team out gets more kills in the game.  I wish you could look at the score breakdown of other players.  Instead we’ll ask Luckyo, did anyone from ESB ever pick up the bomb?

Unfortunately I’m not in the habit of taking screenshots of terrible losses, but here’s another enigma for you since you are apparently all hung on “but this is detonation, kills don’t matter there”. Here is a screenie of a game we won in a mode where kills do count, and we won because their captain went solo long enough for us to gank him:

wg9c.jpg

We were dodging them as much as we could for about six-seven minutes, and he still steadily sniped people. It was pretty disheartening to watch. We got really lucky with one of our corp mates calling enemy captain having fallen behind the enemy lines as they pushed closer to our spawn.

Funniest part? Neo switched to his gunship after he got most if not all of his kills (apparently because he couldn’t get decent assist score - the top guy was running engy with what probably was experimental or mk3 modules). And after he switched, kills started going to other people. I still remember the game because it was one hell of a turn around.

Erm, are you sure he was playing an Engy?, he seemed to have lower assists than the majority of his team, which is quite strange for an Engy.

I’ll conceed that TNeoDC is definately good at shooting and a big threat to have on the other team.  But that doesn’t prove that frigates (or engis rather) overall are OP.

Personally, I get nowhere near that many kills in my engi.  And while I don’t claim to be a super great pilot, I do know from personal experience that I will get x2 or x3 kills with my gunship than my engi, and die less since you get a tenth of the amount of locks.

Erm, are you sure he was playing an Engy?, he seemed to have lower assists than the majority of his team, which is quite strange for an Engy.

Top 5 on his team only had 12 kills between them so low assist is explainable.

I see.

If he played for DSR, we can also assume that he tried to ks, which is a pretty good job the Positron does.

I’ll conceed that TNeoDC is definately good at shooting and a big threat to have on the other team.  But that doesn’t prove that frigates (or engis rather) overall are OP.

Personally, I get nowhere near that many kills in my engi.  And while I don’t claim to be a super great pilot, I do know from personal experience that I will get x2 or x3 kills with my gunship than my engi, and die less since you get a tenth of the amount of locks.

I am pretty sure that major point of Luckyo is a balance (or rather unbalance) of a “Hail” Weapon not the Engineer as a class.

Regarding the weapon itself: i believe it is more of a local issue to the T4/T5 for this weapon to shine that bright, in lower tiers it does not possess as much threat due to less passives/implants/projectile speeds. So for the better understanding people shall mention the Tier they are referring to.

I’m a T4 Engi myself, I’ll look into it.  Personally I prefer coil mortar, as I’ve felt awkward using the pistron.

If I have something to say about Positron cannon,  I would say that it allows frigates to go on complete offense, while sacrifice most everything on defensive, yes, for it to work well against ceptor, you have to have ~6000 range, and projectile speed of ~10000, you are more vulnerable in close range due to the lack of defensive modules, while being able to provide good long range support fire.

One of the reasons it shines at later Tier is due to the projectile speed boost, but everyone has it.

And this question I’ve been asking for a while, but there wasn’t any answer: 

If every weapon gets projectile speed boost in higher Tier, what do Lasers get (specifically Beam cannon, Ion Emitter and Pulse Lasers)?

If every weapon gets projectile speed boost in higher Tier, what do Lasers get (specifically Beam cannon, Ion Emitter and Pulse Lasers)?

Your tears.

Ikr, with that projectile speed boost, none would bother with lasers at higher Tier.

Ikr, with that projectile speed boost, none would bother with lasers at higher Tier.

No one really bothers with lasers outside of some Heavy Blasters past T3.

Heavy blaster is still an “interresting” weapon.

The weapons mechanic is interresting, but that’s all.

It should’ve received overheating bonus just like their implant counterpart do. I assume it’s in place? if not - RAWR

I forgot to mention, about the mortar :

The implant R1 Fed counter this weapon. Even if it’s a direct hit.

I’ve thought about that too.

So you have tested, and that was the conclusion?

I’ve thought about that too.

So you have tested, and that was the conclusion?

I think the armadillo is also apply on shield actually.

I was re-lookin some of my record when I saw that I was dealing less dammage on ceptors than on frigates with more Kine resistance (on the shield).

And that could explain a lot about super tanky ships against mortar.

Well, Mortar is now at the same rank of all the frig’s weapons : Pretty F–ked.