Star Conflict OBT v. 0.9.0 Discussion

Thank you for your feedback on the weapons! We will look into it. 

Interceptor: Plasma Gun

• Raise Rate of Fire -OR- Better Overheating ie. longer firing time

• Decent anti-fighter support weapon but does nothing to frigates and unable to hit interceptors. 1/3 is not good enough incentive to use this gun.

• Either make it anti-frigate grade or anti-interceptor as well. RoF for inties, Overheating for frigates.

• I love the mechanics on this gun but it is too situational. Needs better overall performance boost to tempt people into using it.

Main iusse with Plasma Gun ins’t rate of fire (u can increase it with passive modules too) but projectiles speed.

Basically at the moment you need a standing target or to stand yourself if u want to deal decent damage… and on interceptors stand is never a good idea.

If they rise up projectile speed (by a lot) Plasma Gun could work fine.

Maybe you could give it a sort of chargin effect like the old rapid fire railguns :if u don’t shoot for 2 sec next shot will be double (it helps a lot when u fight other inties) … but projectiles speed boost can be enought (consider there aren’t even wep mods for increase projectiles speed on plasma so…).

As it stands right now, the frigate hails are massively OP, far more so than singularity. ESB engineers typically snipe about 2 maniac medals worth of points per game with them. They really need a range/projectile speed nerf at the very least.

Some people just want to nerf frigates to oblivion.

I’m just getting this feeling that you’ll be satisfied with the ‘balance’ when frigs are floating free kills.

Cause that’s how it sounds.

Some people just want to nerf frigates to oblivion. I’m just getting this feeling that you’ll be satisfied with the ‘balance’ when frigs are floating free kills. Cause that’s how it sounds.

I heard from a certain source that luckyo has hated frigate users since the beginning, and it appears to be quite true.

I had hoped for another patch yesterday to fix some issues :confused: But as long as the next patch is actually good I’ll be glad.

I heard from a certain source that luckyo has hated frigate users since the beginning, and it appears to be quite true.

I had hoped for another patch yesterday to fix some issues :confused: But as long as the next patch is actually good I’ll be glad.

Huh… That explains why he hates me.

Also, “good” patch? You mean the last 5 weren’t “good” enough for you?

I think T3 Guard ships are, in current patch, extremely painful to grind synergy with, and they now lack survivability, unless in well playing 4 player squad that is looking after you.

While pre-0.9 Guards felt a bit too powerful, I feel now they’re a bit too weak:

• Now that Guard cannot have minefield, it is more prone to Interceptor attacks from behind (No way to try to counter Covert Ops plasma Arc. Pulsar doesn’t work as fast counter)

• Guards “guarding” beacons get annihilated extremely quickly with the new weapons. The class doen’t feel like “guard” anymore, but “asteroid hiding pee-ka-boo bomber / artillery”.

Anyone else noticed a steep decrease in loot since 9.0? I haven’t seen a single experimental and very little militaries since 9.0. I haven’t even had the ability to spend any of my gold for experimental loot…

The class doen’t feel like “guard” anymore, but “asteroid hiding pee-ka-boo bomber / artillery”.

No ship should be able to sit in open space and thumb its nose at 5 enemies. That Guards and Engineers could do this in early 0.8 was broken, and now its fixed. Every ship in the game should be using cover or mobility to limit its exposure to enemies.

If your argument is that Guards are too slow to effectively use cover while doing their jobs, fair enough, campaign to fix that, but that Guards can’t sit on a beacon and tank 5 fighters any more is perfectly sensible.

I think T3 Guard ships are, in current patch, extremely painful to grind synergy with, and they now lack survivability, unless in well playing 4 player squad that is looking after you.

While pre-0.9 Guards felt a bit too powerful, I feel now they’re a bit too weak:

• Now that Guard cannot have minefield, it is more prone to Interceptor attacks from behind (No way to try to counter Covert Ops plasma Arc. Pulsar doesn’t work as fast counter)

• Guards “guarding” beacons get annihilated extremely quickly with the new weapons. The class doen’t feel like “guard” anymore, but “asteroid hiding pee-ka-boo bomber / artillery”.

Last night, I was in a Guard in a Recon match. I died not once, we won the match with a whooping 3:1 kill ratio and I was mostly alone all the time. The few CovOps that tried to take me on died almost instantly and the only ships that managed to get my shields off me was a single Gunship. Props to that [DS] Engineer pilot for keeping my sorry xxxx alive.

If you’re getting solo targeted, it’s easy to fend them off. Too easy, in fact. If they gang up on you, no amount of hp will save you, doesn’t matter if you’re in a CovOps or in an Engineer.

But yes, I agree, the Guard doesn’t feel like a Guard, anymore. I felt that with the Crus-Q prior to 9.0, but now it’s humiliating to fly it. The Crus-S also felt amazing before the patch, I could stand my ground around some sort of obstacle, fire at enemy lines from there and defend that area if needed. Now, it’s asteroid peek-a-boo mortar rounds. It’s not fun to fly Frigates, anymore…

“Dares to point out the obviously broken weapon” = “hates users of the said weapon”.

True because you heard it on the internet from someone who heard it from someone else folks. It’s the definition of the factual evidence.

Some people just want to nerf frigates to oblivion. I’m just getting this feeling that you’ll be satisfied with the ‘balance’ when frigs are floating free kills. Cause that’s how it sounds.

Yes, because that is the only option to “broken OP”. There is no middle ground!

Therefore consistently getting kill numbers like ones below flying support ships with broken OP weapons is completely justified! :facepalm:

nh3y.jpg

(Those who don’t know: TNeoDC is engineer most of the time).

Honestly I don’t really see what you mean by broken OP.  Frigates are weaker now than they ever been. Fighters now have more firepower AND more survivability due to their speed.  I see maybe 1-2 frigates a match these days.  Everyone else is literally flying either fighters or ECM.

Therefore consistently getting kill numbers like ones below flying support ships with broken OP weapons is completely justified! :facepalm:

If that was the reason we’d see your engineer in that battle with a similar kill count. Only we don’t…

Anyone else noticed a steep decrease in loot since 9.0? I haven’t seen a single experimental and very little militaries since 9.0. I haven’t even had the ability to spend any of my gold for experimental loot…

No, I’ve had some excellent loot results since the patch.

Unfortunately all for cov ops, a class I don’t fly that often in the higher tiers. Perhaps I should join the spamfest that is Nukes.

Honestly I don’t really see what you mean by broken OP.  Frigates are weaker now than they ever been. Fighters now have more firepower AND more survivability due to their speed.  I see maybe 1-2 frigates a match these days.  Everyone else is literally flying either fighters or ECM.

Please define “ever” as they are currently stronger than any previous patches other than 0.8.x and the other short time during which frigates were the only choice. 0.7.x frigs were weaker, not to even mention the famous 0.5.x “spirals of death”.

You might want to get a new screenshot if you want to make your point.  Because I don’t see OP frigate in that screenie, only OP ESB. :crazy:

EDIT:  TheCoon has exactly the number of assists as TNeoDC’s kills.  Hmmmmmm.

If that was the reason we’d see your engineer in that battle with a similar kill count. Only we don’t…

And when you get to R13/R15 from your current level of “barely T3 in spite of having started last year”, you’ll understand exactly why. Leveling from Garm to Naga takes a long time, there is no shortcut through centaur which is my highest rank empire frigate, and it’s been barely a week since patch release. I only have tacklers to R15 and gunships to R13. My ECM is still stuck at R11 and that one is going to go after gunships, then I’ll probably level a guard.

You might want to get a new screenshot if you want to make your point.  Because I don’t see OP frigate in that screenie, only OP ESB. :crazy:

“OP” ESB lost in that screenshot.

We both know that ESB do not play to win.  They play for DSR.

Lucky - what was the nature of his kills?

was he sniping inties from range or taking them on like stallone in the middle of the field ? any other games that isn’t detonation? coz you get away with alot in there.