Star Conflict OBT v. 0.9.0 Discussion

Is it just me or did a lot of people from T2 move up to T3 now?

If I had any ship other than the Tormentor in T4, I’d be up there, as well.

T4 is new t3 and t3 new t2 so … mmm this could explain LOT of things (brainless missiles spam like there is no tomorrow included)

Well so… time to remove dust from my t4 ships and have a try… hoping queque time now is decent…

Is it just me or did a lot of people from T2 move up to T3 now?

Not surprising. If you wanna keep progressing, you gotta ride the wave till the end

P.S. ESB gunship pilots currently fly with railguns. Surely they’re more OP then? :crazy:

pretty much the only viable weapon on fighters now, unless you’re going for the frigate destroyer approach :\ or unless you have 3 tacklers and ecm on your team to make it easy button for you…

OP? nah… the only way i can describe this is broken. everything is broken. the thought process here was: let’s stick random weapons on random ships and do a trial-by-error… then keep most the errors anyways because we don’t have the time or the money to fix them… sounds about right…

a relevant parable: the wise man built his house upon a rock, and the foolish man built it upon the sand…

Your numbers are too high Lucky. But screenies prove it. License removes ship cap? Or the new formula doesn’t apply to accounts on license? Bug or Feature?

1. I am getting the exact numbers Snib gave. No license.

1. Cap aside my main issue is why is Synergy correlated to match performance !?

• I know it replaces experience and all but Exp was never the invisible wall. It was Credits that’s why we called it the Credit grind.

• It’s bad enough now where public matches have people selfishly spawning wrong or unneeded ships but who could blame us? we need to rank ships up

• But linking synergy gain to performance will double the negative effects as people chase after efficiency more than the team win

I know we’re trying not to play the racial card and whatnot but it’s a known thing for a long time now,

Russian and International communities play differently. They go for DSR, we aim for wins. And this system punishes team wins. So what now

• Give flat rate synergy gains per match. Full Stop.

No more of this BS min-max synergy. The synergy grind is bad already. Spawning the wrong ships into battle is bad. Ignoring team wins is bad.

Differentiated synergy rewards is Bad.

This game is not just skill based it’s also team-centric. And the latter is getting shafted.

let’s stick random weapons on random ships and do a trial-by-error… then keep most the errors anyways because we don’t have the time or the money to fix them… sounds about right…

despite the development team patching weapon numbers within hours of update? I say the second part of your comment harsh or biased. trial and error? yes. and I like. how about diverting some of your text time to provide useful ideas to fix things instead?

Last night was farming PvE shipyard, 30 000- 33 000 synergy per game on my Anaconda mk2 and then on my newly bought Grizzly mk2

WTF

yeah it was taking us around 6 minutes to complete shipyard, and we had no gunships, 1-2 engies + 2-3 guards

yeah it was taking us around 6 minutes to complete shipyard, and we had no gunships, 1-2 engies + 2-3 guards

Dafuq, I never got more than 12k.

Mhe… atm i just had 2 matches 3 vs 3 with 1 bot per side in t4…  … are u sure people is playing it?

And I’m still waiting to know why devs removed the passiv bonus on the R9 T3 Guards without any explication or information in patch note

• The -25% spread with plasma/ railgun —> Anaconda M
  • The +25% projectiles speed with plasma/railgun —> Crusader type S 

License removes ship cap? Or the new formula doesn’t apply to accounts on license? Bug or feature?

Likely. Or the license bonus is far more than the advertised 50%. Who knows. Buggy either way I guess.

As to the formula, I modeled that based on the cap I’m seeing on an unlicensed unbonused account.

edit:

In case somebody wants to confirm, here are the exact unlicensed caps up to rank 9 (don’t have higher):

rank 1: 2700

rank 2: 2850

rank 3: 3600

rank 4: 4200

rank 5: 5100

rank 6: 5700

rank 7: 6450

rank 8: 7050

rank 9: 7850

I’m assuming premium ships will have a higher cap in each rank as per my formula due to the (usually) higher reward modifier but for lack of one I cannot confirm.

• But linking synergy gain to performance will double the negative effects as people chase after efficiency more than the team win

Well, it’s already linked to performance in a way. The problem is the game does not reward winning enough. For credits a quick loss is best, for synergy the easiest way is to go for kills. DSR is about not getting killed, i.e. staying away from the missile/nuke spam at the beacons. It’s only that rank 1 contract which rewards winning in this game anymore since reputation is gone, and that’s hardly enough incentive for most to play for the win instead of working towards their synergy/credits goals. edit: oh, and the looting after a win, but dunno if anybody cares about that, it’s too rare to actually loot something.

Reward system needs a rework tbh.

I finally got a mach in t4 (a serious one i mean) … and yeah, it is playable… it looks like t3 before patch (no missiles spam almost at all, people more focused on abjectives than on random kills… ) … i chould keep playing the game if i can play it. BUT… queuqes are still crazy … during i’m writing i’m at my 4th minutes in queque… and i bet a 3 v3 with bot will start…

Mhe… atm i just had 2 matches 3 vs 3 with 1 bot per side in t4…  … are u sure people is playing it?

Look at the queues - if there’s people playing T4 play T4…

I recommend having matchmaker visualisation on and checking if there is enough people in T4 queue. Command is /set cl_showMmQueueInfo 2

Remember that T4 and T5 are on the same queue, so you need to check a wide scope.

Likely. Or the license bonus is far more than the advertised 50%. Who knows. Buggy either way I guess.

As to the formula, I modeled that based on the cap I’m seeing on an unlicensed unbonused account.

edit:

In case somebody wants to confirm, here are the exact unlicensed caps up to rank 9 (don’t have higher):

rank 1: 2700

rank 2: 2850

rank 3: 3600

rank 4: 4200

rank 5: 5100

rank 6: 5700

rank 7: 6450

rank 8: 7050

rank 9: 7850

I have had battles where it was above your listed values.

Here’s an example from an unlicensed battle fought today.

tXjt7HB.jpg

Adjusting for the +50% synergy this weekend, I got 10466 synergy in a rank 9 ship. If there is a cap, it has to be higher than what you proposed. Instead of a cap, maybe it is gained on diminishing returns. So you get up to that cap rather quickly, but anything above it goes slow? just guessing here really.

Nah, the cap is definitely there for me at the values I stated, and seems for Kine as well. Values are for this weekend. Why other accounts are not capped we haven’t quite figured out yet. Since you were not licensed maybe it’s just random accounts that are not capped?

Strange in any case.

Nah, the cap is definitely there for me at the values I stated, and seems for Kine as well. Values are for this weekend. Why other accounts are not capped we haven’t quite figured out yet. Since you were not licensed maybe it’s just random accounts that are not capped?

Strange in any case.

The games where I end up with abnormally high synergy gain are few and far between, so maybe it’s just random games that aren’t capped. Some kind of fluke. I’m much more often around the values you listed. Just below 8k.

Edit: Now that I’ve been more on the outlook of exactly what I get in synergy, I do see the number 7850 pop up quite often when flying rank 9. Doesn’t feel like I just happened to get exactly that.

The games where I end up with abnormally high synergy gain are few and far between, so maybe it’s just random games that aren’t capped. Some kind of fluke. I’m much more often around the values you listed. Just below 8k.

The mystery deepens. Some official dev info wouldn’t hurt at this point.