Star Conflict OBT v. 0.9.0 Discussion

Some kind of total synergy progression model would be best in my opinion. For example, if it takes 500,000 synergy to max out a Rank 4 ship, then you should have to amass 500,000 synergy across your Rank 4 ships to advance to rank 5. Tiers would likewise have overall caps - to get to T3 you could either max out three T2 ships, or max out the one you like and dabble in the others or any combination thereof.

It makes skipping crap ships a valid option, but if you do so you need to be ranking up other branches to make sure you’ve got enough total synergy to allow advancement.

That would actually work. But in lower numbers I feel.

And with slight increases per rank.

Some kind of total synergy progression model would be best in my opinion. For example, if it takes 500,000 synergy to max out a Rank 4 ship, then you should have to amass 500,000 synergy across your Rank 4 ships to advance to rank 5. Tiers would likewise have overall caps - to get to T3 you could either max out three T2 ships, or max out the one you like and dabble in the others or any combination thereof.

It makes skipping crap ships a valid option, but if you do so you need to be ranking up other branches to make sure you’ve got enough total synergy to allow advancement.

ye it could work.

But it’s just i don’t understand why rank 4 7 10 ship have to exist . theya re totally inapropiate to play in their own tier… and unfairy to play in previous one.

The problem lies with the crap ships, not the synergy based advancement

Although the synergy system is also still a load of c… since it forces me to suicide twice each battle to make sure I play each of my ships for triple synergy gain… Advancement game play since 0.9.0 is basically to rush in, get a kill or 4 assists on each of your ships to reach your synergy cap on each of them and then you can afk. That’s not a way to design games…

ye it could work.

But it’s just i don’t understand why rank 4 7 10 ship have to exist . theya re totally inapropiate to play in their own tier… and unfairy to play in previous one.

I don’t know, seriously, the Phobos and Silent Fox feel like T2 ships to me. Not to mention the POS ship that is the Steel Harpy.

Yeah…singularity needs another hard nerf. radius and ROF is fine. but the sheer damage it does is not! 

It is an AoE weapon, with the MOST DPS in the whole game! 

It should at most do 1.2k DPS, not 2.5k DPS.

Yeah…singularity needs another hard nerf. radius and ROF is fine. but the sheer damage it does is not! 

It is an AoE weapon, with the MOST DPS in the whole game! 

It should at most do 1.2k DPS, not 2.5k DPS.

You’ll only reach that dps when you actually hit with every bubble, i.e. never, but even if you did you’ll overheat fast. But even ignoring that there’s the huge EM resistance on hulls. So it’s just a number, don’t take it too seriously.

i love the way you die hard fans descuss how they could fix this and that, but face it they aint gona fix shiite. iv been yelling for a glowing aiming retickle since day + asking to make the game bigger but instead they make it a more poor one and they dont do anything the players ask for. this is greedy russia mode mmo moniye sink made for kids. how nice u get the prenium missiles in “gift” as then you equib then they wil slowly suck your GC away if u dont notice the rearm is gc to. thats a nasty greedy move if u ask me… the free syngreed on ships you have to pay for to release, this is slowly getting like warthunder no options rly for your ships/planes. so wired and sad to love a game in the begining then see it warp to a dark pool of shite, i play only pve now but the loot is still crap i feel like im wasting my griending and skills cus i cant craft anything and my rank is reset, cant lvl the ships i wanna cant fire the weapons i wanna…what happend to the star conflict that i used to know! this now sucks more than warZ

i just used my starcon mony to buy the star citizen pack now, now i just have to wait… there they will lisen to there fans and players.

reat asured devs you will neva see another dollar from me. meby if you shape up… but naa its not in your greeady nature.

funny rusians! you make me sad all the time shame on you

About interceptor weapons… considering we miss a medium range,single shot,low rate of fire and high accuracy weapon… and considering Assault Plasma is just usless as it is now…

Why don’t cnage it into the missing weapon Reducing his rate of fire and min spread and increasign his damage on single shot ?

It could be a nice solution, what do u think?

snib, agaisnt frigs its very easy to hit every bubble. And kill any frig before you overheat basicly.

Btw, fix the damned matchmaker…Don’t let T5 and T4 together. That is just plain unfair since T5 implants are about 500% better than all previous implants combined.

Yes I am talking about you ESB farming T4 with Full T5 full mk3.

Okay, extensive rethink of the Synergy system. The tl;dr version is:

1. Rank 4 / 7 / 10 ships should be less crap. Fix tiers and this can be done without unbalancing the game.

2. Reputation needs to come back.

Now for a long winded post on how reputation should come back. It’s going to be long, but stick with it; I think it’s worth it.  ;)wt

Reputation is divided by race and tier. In effect, each player has fifteen different sets of reputation: Empire Tier 1, Empire Tier 2, Empire Tier 3, etc. then the same for Fed and Jericho. Whenever you earn synergy in a ship an equal amount of reputation goes into the appropriate tier.

Now, how does this encourage people to fly all the ships instead of just jumping right to the end? Prestige Bonuses.

Let us imagine that Tier 2 requires 2,100,000 Reputation to advance through, and that each Tier 2 ship requires 600,000 synergy to max out.

Let us now introduce Player A. Player A has maxed out his Harpy and earned “+10% Prestige”. This means that when he buys the Iron Harpy he gets a +10% boost to reputation earned in that ship. So, when he hits 600,000 Reputation and becomes elite, he has earned 660,000 reputation in Empire Tier 2, and has “+20% Prestige”.

If we follow this trend through, then Player A will max his Iron Harpy, Steel Harpy and Hydra and amass 2,160,000 reputation doing so. This is comfortably enough to unlock Tier 3 (he doesn’t even need to max out the Hydra!) and he can proceed.

Now let us meet Player B , who amassed a small fortune in credits flying Fed and Jericho. He comes in and buys his way straight to Rank 6 in all three Empire ship trees, maxing out the Dwarf 2, Deimos 2 and Hydra 2 and skipping the rest. He has 1,800,000 synergy - not enough to unlock tier 3! Player B must go back and rank up other ships, or use a Premium, to boost his reputation and get access to Tier 3.

The astute among you have likely spotted a potential problem - players like Player B, who are slapdash and don’t max out every ship they fly could find it impossible to progress later on if the reputation requirements are too high. Well, I have an answer to that.

Let’s now meet Player C. Player C never maxed out any Tier 1 ships, but is really enjoying the Empire’s Tier 2 Fighters and so maxed them all out. He has 600K from the Hercules Arrow, 600K from the Deimos, and 660K from the Deimos 2 (due to Prestige from the Deimos). Grand total: 1,860,000 reputation - not enough to unlock Tier 3.

He then goes back and maxes out the Hercules Rage. This immediately boosts his Prestige bonuses with his other ships and the bonus xp is retroactively applied. He immediately earns 180,000 (60K for the Hercules Arrow, Deimos and Deimos 2 respectively) and Tier 3 is unlocked.

Finally, let’s go and find a fourth player - Player D. Player D has decided that he wants to invest in some Premium ships and buys the King Dvergr. This ship, like all Premium ships, can earn reputation as though it were a free ship. This means Player D can max out the King Dvergr and get +10% Prestige that will apply to the Dvergr Knight. Now Player D has two choices; he can either just skip past maxing the Dvergr 2 and press on with the T2 gear, or he can max his T1 ships and get a huge (+30%!) Prestige bonus when he maxes the Dvergr Knight.

Thus, we have nicely shown the role of the Prestige ships - they give us a new way to power through a tier, either by giving us another top-end ship to amass reputation and cash in, or as a way to bulk our Prestige Bonus and let us power through the later tiers without jumping tracks or wasting time on branches.

What do you guys think?

this is how i feel!

What do you guys think?

I’m drowsy on cough meds, gonna take time to digest. sounds good. feel like there is a simpler solution (like your original thought on pooling aggregate synergy instead) i dunno. seems convoluted.

lowering minimum synergy required to progress would be way simpler. like level 3 instead of 8 or 9 for eg.

I find that LRF work quite well as support fire at 3000~5000 range with the new weapons.

How about giving them some modules allowing them to mobilize or increase their ranges instead of that Pseudo camo and pulsar which are useless, because people will be able to spot them so easily, and you don’t have to lock on some giant brick that doesn’t move.

It seems most pilots support this idea.

I find that LRF work quite well as support fire at 3000~5000 range with the new weapons.

How about giving them some modules allowing them to mobilize or increase their ranges instead of that Pseudo camo and pulsar which are useless, because people will be able to spot them so easily, and you don’t have to lock on some giant brick that doesn’t move.

It seems most pilots support this idea.

That’s not their role, though. I support the idea of using Jericho LRFs as Gunships, but it’s not their role.

That’s not their role, though. I support the idea of using Jericho LRFs as Gunships, but it’s not their role.

Err, so do you mean they role is to camp and use Disintergrator/ Guided Torpedo for the whole game?

Frigates weapons now are intended to provide long-mid range support fire. That could be considered a role, imo, and with 6 guns LRF clearly has the ability to play a good part of the game.

Also with mine, LRF can protect frigates when they are together. Frigball elert?

Err, so do you mean they role is to camp and use Disintergrator/ Guided Torpedo for the whole game?

Frigates weapons now are intended to provide long-mid range support fire. That could be considered a role, imo, and with 6 guns LRF clearly has the ability to play a good part of the game.

Pretty much. It was what they were built for.

Also with mine, LRF can protect frigates when they are together. Frigball elert?

Frigate Weapons are pretty amazing in the right hands. And yes, the fact that LRF are now the only ships that can have Minefields means they are tempting ships to Frigball with.

Coil Mortar  — a very effective kinetic weapon that has  notable differences in its mechanics. The amount of damage it inflicts is the same regardless of the ship, but the rate will vary depending on the number of weapon turrets. Thus, its fastest (and most effective) variation can be found on long range frigates, and the slowest on interceptors. This type of weapon is great for damaging both groups of enemies, and the less mobile single targets.

Frigate Weapons are pretty amazing in the right hands. And yes, the fact that LRF are now the only ships that can have Minefields means they are tempting ships to Frigball with.

They’re still made out of wet paper mache. 

@Kine: Coil Mortar is deadly on Jerico LRF, they have nice bonus stats with Kinetic weapon.

I prefer Positron on other Frigates(except guard), since it has much better range, higher precision, and nice projectile speed, also the ability to charge and shoot continuously is awesome.

They’re still made out of wet paper mache. 

That’s why they will go with frigball, and with 5500 range of Positron canon and focus fire, approaching them would be hard for fighter, while Interceptor will have lots of trouble with guard and mines.

Edit: Interceptor and Fighter have modules to increase their damage output, crit chance. Shouldn’t it be fair for LRF to have a module to increase their range?