Star Conflict OBT v. 0.9.0 Discussion

But They will have to play the same amount of time to unlock mk3 modules

But They will have to play the same amount of time to unlock mk3 modules

thank you

you do not need another prem ships because your current one will unlock everything.

there was talk about different rates of gain for different tier ships. like using a T1 prem to farm synergy trying to level up a T3 ship. It goes against “I want to rank fast” coz ranking on the actual ship would be faster or just as fast. something about ship reward bonus % affects … well end of match rewards.

I’m pretty angry that I can’t use all weapons on any ship anymore. Before the patch I had plasma or rail guns on my frigate and now I just can use laser and all my plasma weapons are useless, because none of my ships can equip them. A lot of preferred weapon loadouts are gone now.

thank you

<3 xD

And now I will be very very very bad ! But…

EXPLAIN ME HOW THE SYNERGY GRINDING SYSTEM COULD BE BALANCE FOR THE GUARD FRIGATES???

How could they make assist with 1300m debuff range, be on objectivs with this mobility, or the super low impact with their weapons?

roarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

So… the update #3 came… why aren’t you devs removing the synergy thing? The game is loosing many players everyday.

So when the 0.9.1 comes you still don’t remove the synergy thing?I wanted to buy the best Pirate Pack and the best Mercenary Pack, however now… i’m just not doing it before the synergy thing is gone.

I think many members would buy standards/packs right now, but they’re not doing it.

Thing 10 times about it next time you’re going to do it.

So… the update #3 came… why aren’t you devs removing the synergy thing? The game is loosing many players everyday.

and what sources do you use for your statement? Seriously i see this almost every day in so many online PvP games, and yet…

requirement to own previous ship was introduced in 0.8.0 not in 0.9.0 you still had to buy all the ships pre 0.9.0

ok, great… so nothing has changed… you still have to buy all your ships and grind your way up. you just don’t have to play them…

because what would be the point of playing them? you don’t get the reward bonus that you bought the premium for… so it’s not worth playing…

if our business here is concluded, i shall be taking my leave, good sir.

I think some of us are forgetting that major part of players stays within a tier for way longer than it takes to max it ships, even pre 0.9.0 where you didn’t have to grind synergy, there were huge amount of players playing T2, they had plenty of rank6 ships maxed and they were playing prem ships on top of that, instead of advancing to T3. This game is not meant to be rushed through the ranks all the way to r15 to access the actual game (like many othe rgames), most of the game play is available in T2 and opens up in t3. If you follow this angle of view, (assume you have bought 1-2 prem ships for T2 or T3 to play that tier) how many game will you spend in this tier? I personally have spend 600-700 games in T2 because i was enjoying flying in T2, with my corp(while that corp lasted) NOT because i was grinding to access T3. Now let see, if you buy your prem ships upon entering a tier (T2 in my example) and fly all those games in prem ships, all that free synergy that you will make will cover plenty of ships so you don’t have to actually fly them. You can not expect to have an access to all top ships, for all roles, within a tier unless you buy them. So having 1-2 prem ships of your favorite Role will get you to most of the tire without you having playing those ships anyways. If you original goal is to be in and not in t2 then why don’t you buy your prem ship in T3 and enjoy it, simultaneously pooling free synergy for the future development.

Do you feel the difference between before and now? :smiley:

Just look how the frigs gameplay is now…

Do you feel the difference between before and now? :smiley:

Just look how the frigs gameplay is now…

A) In this video we see Guard destroying some Aces that stays under pulsar for the whole duration

B) Healing was OP and that a fact, so nerf to heals was indirect nerf to guards

C)No one is claiming the balance has been reached, there is plenty of tuning up ahead.

I think some of us are forgetting that major part of players stays within a tier for way longer than it takes to max it ships, even pre 0.9.0 where you didn’t have to grind synergy, there were huge amount of players playing T2, they had plenty of rank6 ships maxed and they were playing prem ships on top of that, instead of advancing to T3. This game is not meant to be rushed through the ranks all the way to r15 to access the actual game (like many othe rgames), most of the game play is available in T2 and opens up in t3. If you follow this angle of view, (assume you have bought 1-2 prem ships for T2 or T3 to play that tier) how many game will you spend in this tier? I personally have spend 600-700 games in T2 because i was enjoying flying in T2, with my corp(while that corp lasted) NOT because i was grinding to access T3. Now let see, if you buy your prem ships upon entering a tier (T2 in my example) and fly all those games in prem ships, all that free synergy that you will make will cover plenty of ships so you don’t have to actually fly them. You can not expect to have an access to all top ships, for all roles, within a tier unless you buy them. So having 1-2 prem ships of your favorite Role will get you to most of the tire without you having playing those ships anyways. If you original goal is to be in and not in t2 then why don’t you buy your prem ship in T3 and enjoy it, simultaneously pooling free synergy for the future development.

In the past you could advance when you wanted as long as you had the reputation for it and the credits.

Now you must actually grind on every ship in the whole tree to get anywhere. With an insane requirement of synergy lvl 7-10 required on basicly all ships, It is likely a week per ship you need to farm with only that ship to advnce. It’s insanity.

Want to progress without farming on every ship? Sure, just pay 5000 GS and you can! It’s insanity I tell you.

i think you are missing the root cause of this change, it was meant to make players to be more focused on specific chosen roles rather than have easy access to absolutely everything, you can see the tendency in ships of older players, they all have ship for every occasion, 1 inty +1 fighter + Frigate +1 extra, and on top of that they have more ships in hangar that not really used, how often do you see a player with 3-4 interceptors?

Want to progress without farming on every ship? Sure, just pay 5000 GS and you can! It’s insanity I tell you.

it’s not so much that. it’s the fact that previously, you could grind reputation and get the reward bonus for your premiums. buying synergy might be for situations in which you might need 238 synergy or something to the next level and don’t want to play more games. it’s definitely not to level your ships in the long run haha.

in the current system, you need synergy, not faction to level your ships, so you’re forced NOT to play your premiums.

which means you don’t get the reward bonus…

essentially, they would have to split the synergy by faction, just like world of tanks. and only allow you to use it on that faction only. to match the old system most closely.

then you still have to buy premiums of another faction to advance in that faction more quickly. so you basically still have to play other classes of ships.

In the past you could advance when you wanted as long as you had the reputation for it and the credits.

Now you must actually grind on every ship in the whole tree to get anywhere. With an insane requirement of synergy lvl 7-10 required on basicly all ships, It is likely a week per ship you need to farm with only that ship to advnce. It’s insanity.

Couldn’t agree more. They changed the game from having a grind in the background to shoving the grind in your face so you can feel it’s inscrutable length every time you launch a new mission. And forget flying different ships depending on mission. Now I just fly this one ship I want to progress from…

And forget flying different ships depending on mission. Now I just fly this one ship I want to progress from…

thanks

i think you are missing the root cause of this change, it was meant to make players to be more focused on specific chosen roles rather than have easy access to absolutely everything , you can see the tendency in ships of older players, they all have ship for every occasion, 1 inty +1 fighter + Frigate +1 extra, and on top of that they have more ships in hangar that not really used, how often do you see a player with 3-4 interceptors?

And the complete restriction of choice is justified by this?

Before you had 12 weapons to choose from, and 14 modifiers. You could tailor your ship to your playstyle ie a close-range frigate or to a role slightly different than what it is supposed to be ie LRF could be a very heavy gunship. Those choices have been taken away from us, and instead we are forced to choose specific playstyles that don’t suit us.

i think you are missing the root cause of this change, it was meant to make players to be more focused on specific chosen roles rather than have easy access to absolutely everything, you can see the tendency in ships of older players, they all have ship for every occasion, 1 inty +1 fighter + Frigate +1 extra, and on top of that they have more ships in hangar that not really used, how often do you see a player with 3-4 interceptors?

we are still forced to train every loyalty sub-faction to fit our ships with mk3. So what the hell does it matter that everyone flies what he wants? Having the ability to fly whatever I want is a great abiliy and I love it. 

I don’t want to be stuck with 1 role for the rest of my life, that xxxx becomes boring and not to mention a single nerf would hit me very hard and unable to shift to another ship that I feel is actually worth flying.

No. I bought my Premiums to increase my net profit on the Credit grind. Repairs were atrocious. Now repairs and ship prices have been significantly reduced that is true but it’s been offset by synergy requirement.

If you want to go academic - any premium past the first one is probably to fill roles that you don’t intend to work from the ground up say you are a Fed inty pilot and wanted a Jerry guard to keep your hangar well rounded. It still doesn’t diminish the fact that your first premium ship just got devalued.

Well not exactly. The grind has been reduced for:

1. New players

2. Specialized pilots

But increased for:

1. Veteran pilots

2. All-rounder hangars aka collectors

Binky worded it better so I’ll just quote:

Because of this I never argued or joined the ‘rollback’ bandwagon. The grind has been reduced. Atleast in the general direction I assume Devs wanted it to.

But I am gonna complain about my premium ship. Coz they got screwed.

My four premium ships got screwed.  Two were from a pack, two I bought.  Three are interceptors, and interceptors got screwed.  Before RFR at least had high accuracy the first shot.  Now it’s just a blur unless you’re right on top.

requirement to own previous ship was introduced in 0.8.0 not in 0.9.0 you still had to buy all the ships pre 0.9.0

Buying all the ships isn’t that bad, it does help keep people from playing T1 and skipping to R9 ships.

we are still forced to train every loyalty sub-faction to fit our ships with mk3. So what the hell does it matter that everyone flies what he wants? Having the ability to fly whatever I want is a great abiliy and I love it. 

I don’t want to be stuck with 1 role for the rest of my life, that xxxx becomes boring and not to mention a single nerf would hit me very hard and unable to shift to another ship that I feel is actually worth flying.

But considering the changes, and the cost of Mk.III, I stopped even signing contracts.  They’ll probably be gone in the next patch anyway, they’ll probably say it devalues premium items.

And no you are not forced to train all sub factions to gain mk3, with the new system, after new players will come majority will be on the same ground and will have to pick the rout of gear/roles/ships progression. And up to T4 there are ways to bypass “some” ships

And this is my friend completely different story, all this sunergy change looks like result of higher decisions that have been made up there. This is exactly why i am not against new sunergy level in particular, because new system suits new Game direction perfectly as a mechanic. There isn’t much wrong with a mechanic itself. But again shifts like that will never be totally positive or totally negative, i for once do like deeper focus in specialization, as long as those roles will be diverse from each other (and looks like it is an ultimate goal currently) but i have NO problem and there is nothing wrong with your desire to want less specialization and lowering the boundaries of strict direct customization. There will be people liking it and people that disliking it, and don’t tell me that MAJORITY don’t like it, its complete BS, VOCAL majority - yes! overall - hell no! after some days you see more and more people liking it in the game. Even many of those QQers and threats that they will quite, are still playing and some of them growing to like current change. At the end that new game direction looks more profitable on top of the fact that there are players that liking it, and there will be more players coming in that will never know of conditions that existed in beta development, making it so that people who want that easy access to all the roles with all the gear will be a minority.