Star Conflict OBT v. 0.9.0 Discussion

It’s called moving any direction, roll a hard 6, hit your brakes, *don’t be stationary*, etc…Arc lasts what, 3 seconds tops? If you’re getting hit by every single pulse of Arc in a fighter…you’re doing it wrong.

Well, personally I’d say that if you let a fighter roll or break out of your arc then you’re flying your cov ops wrong, because you can certainly roll or break faster. But we can agree to disagree.

Well, personally I’d say that if you let a fighter roll or break out of your arc then you’re flying your cov ops wrong, because you can certainly roll or break faster. But we can agree to disagree.

Personally I always use 1-2 Collision Compensators on my fighters so it’s not too much of an issue for me. I very, very rarely would die to Arc in a fighter.

People can’t perfectly predict your movements. Even though a fighter may be slower and less manueverable than an inty, the other pilot is not going to know exactly what you are about to do.

Unless they’re using an aimbot. :stuck_out_tongue:

…Or if they’re psychic like me  ;)wt

Sooo, since Reputation has been taken out of the game, will the bonuses for the DLC’s be changing? I bought the mercenary DLC and it had a +%10 reputation gain bonus, so will that be changed to something else since it doesn’t exist? Maybe synergy? Please respond!

Sorry if this has already been answered :stuck_out_tongue:

Let’s hope they roll back the Synergy aspect and go back to Reputation so we can all just buy ships in our tree without having to buy garbage we have no desire to play. I spent my money. I shouldn’t have to spend more money to buy up ships in my tree. I don’t care about discounted prices on ships. There was nothing wrong with the old system. I don’t care about the other changes in this patch. I can live with those and adjust. I CANNOT start over. Go look at Steam and see how they are blocking posts about the recent update. Also, I find it quite interesting that they haven’t changed any wording on their DLC packs on Steam yet still offering them with diminished, even non existent bonuses. Basically you are just spending $20, $50 or $80 for some Gold Standards, some stickers, some ships you probably won’t really use, and to keep the Dev’s fed and the servers on.

Let’s hope they roll back the Synergy aspect and go back to Reputation so we can all just buy ships in our tree without having to buy garbage we have no desire to play. I spent my money. I shouldn’t have to spend more money to buy up ships in my tree. I don’t care about discounted prices on ships. There was nothing wrong with the old system. I don’t care about the other changes in this patch. I can live with those and adjust. I CANNOT start over. Go look at Steam and see how they are blocking posts about the recent update. Also, I find it quite interesting that they haven’t changed any wording on their DLC packs on Steam yet still offering them with diminished, even non existent bonuses. Basically you are just spending $20, $50 or $80 for some Gold Standards, some stickers, some ships you probably won’t really use, and to keep the Dev’s fed and the servers on.

Big difference between “cannot” and “will not”. You are perfectly capable of going back and playing lower tiers to level up ships - you’re the only thing stopping you. Give it a try, you might even enjoy it.

Take myself for example. I had previously been saving up to buy out the three classes I haven’t flown since T2 or even T1; empire interceptors, jericho frigates and federation frigates -  but with the patch and the new system I decided to put that off and focus on leveling my T4’s. Last night things were a bit slow and I was getting tired of long waits in T4 only to have to fight against blued out T5’s - so I decided to grab a Dvergr and have at it. Went from a Dvergr to a Dwarf 2 in a few hours without a license. Not exactly a ton of grinding. Had a lot of fun, and got to meet and play with some interesting people I never would have encountered had I just stuck to T3/T4 (shout out to Sabo1 and his buddy woodstar).

The new system makes pilots actually earn their ships. Looking back at my ship tree and synergy levels, it seems the first federation fighter I spent more than a couple games in was a Wolf-M (Rank 9).  My next purchase its going to be a Tiger-M… Rank 11 having only flown one out of 7 preceding ships. Same with Empire Frigates. First ship that has any synergy is a Styx (Rank 9, formerly Cerb 2), and recently I’ve been playing a Garm in T4.

Sure, the game was easier when I could grind out all 3 factions using any ship I wanted, but (to me at least) the new system makes more sense as the game moves forwards. If you want to fly Federation fighters, you’re going to have to fly federation fighters - not Empire Frigates or what have you. 

Nothing wrong with the Arc killing a Frigate in seconds? Or Fighters? Or other Ceptors, to be fair…

In T2 it could definitely do that. Maybe in T3. T4 and above, no way. In T5 engineers can have 70k survivability, they can take the full damage of an entire Arc and still not break a sweat. Scale it better maybe?

So, an interceptor getting the firepower of a fighter for 7 seconds was too much, but a fighter getting the firepower of a LRF and the maneuverability of an interceptor for 16 seconds is perfectly fine?

Do they want EVERYONE to go ECM?

Yeah I thought covert ops get shafted pretty bad already with bad Arc scaling and that stupid ship explosion damage.

Back to matchmaking, I was wrong. It is ±3. Yet T3 cannot get into battle with real T1. In PvP your Tier is defined by the highest ranking ship in a battle slot. So in cases of T1 vs. T3 - those are not actually T1, they are T2. Moreover, T3s that are matchmaked with T2 can only have a low rating - so they are almost of same efficiency as T2 they are matched with,

Matchmaker is going to be modified, but not now - as this would make Tier ques deserted and it would take more time to get in the battle. Yet, I have a straight answer that there is a problem with it and there are now discussions on going on on how this may be improved. No dates though.

On the Cov ops topic - due to new weapons system they havent lost in efficiency at all (statistics).

On the DLCs - we will look into the problem.

Sooo, since Reputation has been taken out of the game, will the bonuses for the DLC’s be changing? I bought the mercenary DLC and it had a +%10 reputation gain bonus, so will that be changed to something else since it doesn’t exist? Maybe synergy? Please respond!

Sorry if this has already been answered :stuck_out_tongue:

You should have a 10% loyalty gain as well.

The new system makes pilots actually earn their ships. 

Sometimes, all we want is to progress up the ship tree to get the ship we want. Everything else below is just a stepping stone. Take the tacklers in T3 for example. The best credit tackler is the Katana AE, which requires me to either get the R7 command fighter or LRF. If a pure Fed player at R6 wants to move on to T3, he has to go back and grind through the entire frigate or fighter line in T1 and T2, then grind the first T3 ship before getting what he really wants. 

One hell of a way to earn a ship.

Formerly, there was the credit grind. And we earned our ships as well through cold hard credits.

An update on DLC and all the premium ships in the new system: they were in the plan, but unfortunately we were unable to implement the change right away with the patch. It took me some time to get to these plans, but now I can comment on that. Sorry for the delay.

Now, what is in plans - all the premium ships (as they were also used to progress in the game) will get an increased bonus for synergy gain. So, if you are flying premium ships you can still progress in our game via larger amount of free synergy gain.

Further on. As most premium ships also had an increased amount of slots for rockets, for them, we will slightly decrease the cooldown time for rocket ‘clips’ (the amount will stay the same, but when you launch all the rockets cooldown on clip reloading will be slightly lower).

That will only increase unwanted missile spam. I vote for a different bonus other than missile cooldown.

Sometimes, all we want is to progress up the ship tree to get the ship we want. Everything else below is just a stepping stone. Take the tacklers in T3 for example. The best credit tackler is the Katana AE, which requires me to either get the R7 command fighter or LRF. If a pure Fed player at R6 wants to move on to T3, he has to go back and grind through the entire frigate or fighter line in T1 and T2, then grind the first T3 ship before getting what he really wants. 

One hell of a way to earn a ship.

Formerly, there was the credit grind. And we earned our ships as well through cold hard credits.

I get it, you liked faster and easier - but tell me you don’t sense something slightly broken about a system in which it was very possible to max out a race’s rank without ever owning one of their ships. 

Also - try looking at the Katana AE situation (and others) from the bottom up, instead of from the top down. If you’re a T1 player deciding what race and classes to fly -  if you went with Jericho fighters it was probably for command and not tacklers. The Katana AE is really the start of the Jericho tackler progression (given the Machete is the only prior Jericho tackler, and is a dead end in the tree), so when a player gets enough synergy on their kata they can decide if they want to fly tacklers. If so they can now choose to put in their time and credits leveling up the Katana AE.

I doubt many, if any, players start off saying to themselves “man, I should really do Jericho fighters so I can get that one ship in the middle of the progression!”

That will only increase unwanted missile spam. I vote for a different bonus other than missile cooldown.

Only on premium ships. Our players are a bit frustrated with them.

Now, what is in plans - all the premium ships (as they were also used to progress in the game) will get an increased bonus for synergy gain. So, if you are flying premium ships you can still progress in our game via larger amount of free synergy gain.

you should make 100% of the synergy gain on premiums free synergy. that would be equal to the old system. if you only make it a certain percent then you are basically ‘wasting’ time still on that premium… since the larger portion will not be converted… which is basically waste… or lack of efficiency if you will… still useless

Further on. As most premium ships also had an increased amount of slots for rockets, for them, we will slightly decrease the cooldown time for rocket ‘clips’ (the amount will stay the same, but when you launch all the rockets cooldown on clip reloading will be slightly lower).

this i don’t understand… then again… the costs to P2W in this game are just outrageous… don’t think that’ll ever change.

1. agree with 100% conversion to free synergy requiring no additional GS to actually use.
  • the percentage bonus should also be higher because +10% reputation used to unlock multiple ships at once

• a 10% synergy bonus only unlock one ship at a time

• it’s only fair that the percentage should be higher now for synergy

1. there is a fair amount of premium ships flying in T3 - and due to the nature of a pay to grind less game - the ratio of premium to credit ships get higher by the tiers. = Missile spam.

you should make 100% of the synergy gain on premiums free synergy. that would be equal to the old system. if you only make it a certain percent then you are basically ‘wasting’ time still on that premium… since the larger portion will not be converted… which is basically waste… or lack of efficiency if you will… still useless

That would make it better than the old system really. It used to be using premium ships got you more money (either through higher payout % than what you could use, no repair costs, or both), and let you increase your reputation at the same rate as using any other ship. 

Giving 100% of synergy as free synergy to premiums would let you do all of that, plus make your credit-bought ships better in the process. (I can make my Kite better by flying my Desert Eagle! o.O)

That would make it better than the old system really. It used to be using premium ships got you more money (either through higher payout % than what you could use, no repair costs, or both), and let you increase your reputation at the same rate as using any other ship. 

Giving 100% of synergy as free synergy to premiums would let you do all of that, plus make your credit-bought ships better in the process. (I can make my Kite better by flying my Desert Eagle! o.O)

it would be the same as before. before you could fly premiums to rank your ships… any ship… currently, you actually CAN’T play your premiums to rank other ships or it will take literally forever… making them giant paperweights.

the only way to make it even to the old system would be to gain the same amount of free synergy on premiums as you do regular synergy on standard ships… then you can use it to level any ship… same as old system.

Back to matchmaking, I was wrong. It is ±3. Yet T3 cannot get into battle with real T1. In PvP your Tier is defined by the highest ranking ship in a battle slot. So in cases of T1 vs. T3 - those are not actually T1, they are T2. Moreover, T3s that are matchmaked with T2 can only have a low rating - so they are almost of same efficiency as T2 they are matched with,

Matchmaker is going to be modified, but not now - as this would make Tier ques deserted and it would take more time to get in the battle. Yet, I have a straight answer that there is a problem with it and there are now discussions on going on on how this may be improved. No dates though.

Alright. You have 3 Rank 6 ships. Two other pilots have the following: R6, R8, R9 and R3, R3, R2. According to what you wrote, the system would never pit these three pilots together. However, people know that’s not the case from personal experience and even I’ve seen this happen more than once. Purely because, if there are no pilots available, the system will fetch these two and put them in the same match (following the +/-3 Rank logic, that is. 6+3=9 & 6-3=3). I also very much doubt 1200/1300 DSR is considered “low” by average standards. This is why the system is “broken”, as we so vehemently claim it.

The matchmaker better be modified soon, as well. Last night, peak logins were at 1000. 800 less than prior to this patch. Job well done, so far, exactly as I predicted (the game would lose 6-800 people). The queues are already deserted, it took us 2-3 minutes to get into T3 matches. And T4/5 is still deserted as all hell, as expected.

An update on DLC and all the premium ships in the new system: they were in the plan, but unfortunately we were unable to implement the change right away with the patch. It took me some time to get to these plans, but now I can comment on that. Sorry for the delay.

Yep. NOW it’s P2W.

the costs to P2W in this game are just outrageous… don’t think that’ll ever change.

And once again. There is no pay 2 win, nor do we pursue the practice of that.

But earlier all premium ships had one more rocket slot and we want to give an equal possibilities to the players who lost those slots on a ships that were bought for GS. Previously no one claimed that having one more rocket slot was p2w.

We would like that players who supported our game remain with an equal amount of opportunities they had before the changes to the system.