Star Conflict OBT v. 0.9.0 Discussion

As a frigate u are presumed to play in storm. And ur mnates should help u witt close range attackers.

This is a team game pals.

Fortunately bad times of “immortal frigetes” are going to end.

And don’t take me wrong… i’m a lone wolf often… but i fly cov ops (and Sai :P) … so i’m an easy kill if i don’t dodge propely … u can’t pretend to be imortal , to be able to kill everything at every distance and regen 10000 point shields and hull every sec.

What are you talking about?

It’s called a typo. The Russian forums say it was decreased.

Pretty common one too. Engineers have been nerfed 3 or 4 patches in a row now, yet except for the first one of that series the patch notes always erroneously said they’d been buffed.

My blue Nano heal for 87

and my blue Mass shield heal for around 100 or so.

Blue nano cloud heals 89 + 10 for each tier, so max 119 at tier 5.

Blue mass shield heals 119 + 15 for each tier, so max 178 at tier 5.

On average you’ll take about 2 minutes to fully heal a same tier ship, including yourself. So you have to hang back now, you’re not a front-line ship anymore.

I find it positive for some, negative for other reasons, I would have loved a dual solution (so either rank up or synergy up), but not a single one. Especially, the requirements should add up from the synergy before the ship in line, to be able to fly a ship 2 behind to full synergy to unlock 2 ships before you, so you can at least skip one if necessary.

@AlexD

nobody really complained about t4s in t3 matches, we complain about t3 in t2

at least now t4 is just faster, but does not carry 3 nukes anymore.

2 for every mid tier, full for end tier ship. Maybe u can do u need 2 end tier ship at full sinergy for pass the tier… but don’t force me to play mid tier xxxxies… (at rank 10 i’m embarased couse i have to play with t3 and i don’t want… at rank 11 i have to wait 12569 minutes to join a game and than i play with full purple rank 12 …).

JP wants to know. How does everyone like the synergy requirement for each ship?

If there was a word stronger than hate or loathe, I choose that word. Elite pack wasted. Only 2 ships at T3 (had I known this would happen I would have bought all ships in a tree so I didn’t have to worry) and not prepared to spend all my GS just to get them leveled up nor go back to T1/T2 to do it either. So yeah…hate/loathe/despise. 

Read the past 30 pages and you´ll know no one likes it in it´s current itteration. The grind has been increased a thousand times, and with no gain for us at all. We must pay GS to make use of our old ships left over synergy, and our premium ships are now worthless since we must pay both for the ship and for the synergy it accumulates.

I have suggested it before and will again:

Reduce required synergy level to get next ship to maximum 5 or 6.

Make 1 gold worth more synergy. 150 is low when a ship requires ~600k synergy to get max rank which is about 3k GS(€10,50)

And make premium/DLC ships make free synergy instead of  “normal” synergy, so we don’t have to pay twice to actually have any use in them at this point.

Just to make sure - I need a screen or log where T3 actually and absolutely sure matched with a pilot who has only T1 ships slotted. 

Because the previous one may be matched because he had a t2 ship in one of the battle slots. 

Here’s a clue. I posted two of such happenings AGES ago somewhere on the forum, in the appropriate thread.

I give up with this patch clearly dedicated to fighters.

It’s not anymore interesting at all to play frigates. They tryed to stop frigballz by killing all the frigates.

1300m mass propulsion inhibitor, 1300m signature masking. Ninja nerfed range. Tell me who will be enough dumb to engage a guard frigate at 1300m or let a guard engage him at this range?

Jericho shield ninja nerfed again, Yep, i saw it dear devs, you really think nobody will see this?

I spent more time that you can imagine on my fit, and you can’t hide this kind of nerf. It was 20k+ shield on the crus type S before without shield buffer, now it’s 19k+.

*Edited*

(Edit: Nop, my Crus-Q still has 25k shield… 5/9 Synergy)

Bollocks.

Too high all round. Needs reducing across the board by at least 1 rank of synergy.

Do you really need to ask that question - The new synergy changes will drive players away from the game as they are being forced to ‘play’ the crap ships in order to progress to the better ones. I for one do not have the time, or want to do this - I know alot of players who feel the same about this as I do.

Please change the cynergy back to what it was, or risk loosing players (more players = more income !!)

Alos removing some of the little customizable options we had ingame is just silly ? (Being able to customize what weapons you have, and 2 x missles slots etc was a good thing ) Now we are left with very little choice over weapons and ‘missles’ … The game has very little in the way of customizable options for players ships, yet you remove some of what we had ??? That to me makes no sense

I do like the idea of certain weapons for each class of ship … But at least give us more choice than we had previously. (Or give us the old weapon choices back as well ? )

As for ‘nerfing’ the Covert Ops … Why why why ???

That only works for PVE.

If you weren’t aware of the command, /set cl_showMmQueueInfo 2 shows your match-making rank/weight while you’re in the queue. You’ll find that for PVP only your highest ranked ship counts, nothing else. For PVE it goes by lowest ranked ship instead.

I think you misunderstood my comment, i have replied to Antibus regarding his statement:

Because the previous one may be matched because he had a t2 ship in one of the battle slots.

And IF this is possible then is it a bug of the matchmaking engine, which leads to the actions of players, that purposely equip T2/T1 ships together with rank 9 ships in order to hit T2 games, be an abuse.

You’re joking… Right? Son of a <censored>.

No, i’m not joking

It’s called a typo. The Russian forums say it was decreased.

It’s even worse than a ninja nerf.

Jericho shield ninja nerfed again, Yep, i saw it dear devs, you really think nobody will see this?

I spent more time that you can imagine on my fit, and you can’t hide this kind of nerf. It was 20k+ shield on the crus type S before without shield buffer, now it’s 19k+.

Lets see, don’t want to be rude or anything, but were you a Federation faction by “native”, not by contracts??

i have a 99.99% feeling that you were, and what would be the racial bonus of such a nation? Correct Hull and Shield extra %% of total HP, now if we read patch notes correctly, those racial bonuses moved to rank 15 implants, witch leads to all native federatos have less HP points after 0.9 patch on any ship.

Too high all round. Needs reducing across the board by at least 1 rank of synergy.

Or remove the cap from synergy gain. Previously I could gain 15k synergy or more in a single battle depending on how well I did. Now I’m capped based on the tier of the battle and the number of ships I fly regardless of how well I do. Bad system.

I think you misunderstood my comment, i have replied to Antibus regarding his statement:

And IF this is possible then is it a bug of the matchmaking engine, which leads to the actions of players, that purposely equip T2/T1 ships together with rank 9 ships in order to hit T2 games, be an abuse.

No I didn’t misunderstand. Antibus was saying that a tier 1 who has a tier 2 in his lineup gets up-tiered. Working as intended. You, on the other hand, were wondering about down-tiering instead, which based on what I wrote and based on my experience I do not think is possible. It would indeed be a bug though should there be some way to artificially down-tier yourself.

Lets see, don’t want to be rude or anything, but were you a Federation faction by “native”, not by contracts??

i have a 99.99% feeling that you were, and what would be the racial bonus of such a nation? Correct Hull and Shield extra %% of total HP, now if we read patch notes correctly, those racial bonuses moved to rank 15 implants, witch leads to all native federatos have less HP points after 0.9 patch on any ship.

That aside, plenty ships did get rebalanced, I have quite a few Jericho ships which actually gained shields, so even if his ship might have lost shields then that was individual balancing and not a blanket nerf as he makes it sound. Also they changed the way that “survivability” is calculated so you cannot compare those numbers in case he did that.

“you have lost control over your own game, congratulations!”

thats absolutely right…they lost it!

what me bothers most i f****** spend money on this game for a premium ship…this is now useless until i want to pay money to convert the free synergy!!! pff, this is so rediculous…

plz dont start with the point of saving the repair costs…of course this was a reason but the main reason i dont wanted to play a rank 7 ship and i was willing to give something back to the devs because its WAS a nice game…

man, we were 4 friends playing after our daily work for a couple of rounds, they all left…

almost 1 year of open beta with an average playerbase of 1300-1500 at the moment…!

i should have known better :facepalm:

that all reminds me of a game which is not very much loved because they did seriously “wacky” things with their customers…maybe anyone knows which game i mean^^

hint: it had to change his name because of a (very bad) movie…lol

man, i would never even think about it to support such missbehaviour…

the “new” synergy is a big kick into prem-ships-pilots balls…MY BALLS

thx for that…

i want my money back but i know it will never ever happen^^

Do you really need to ask that question - The new synergy changes will drive players away from the game as they are being forced to ‘play’ the crap ships in order to progress to the better ones. I for one do not have the time, or want to do this - I know alot of players who feel the same about this as I do.

Please change the cynergy back to what it was, or risk loosing players (more players = more income !!)

Alos removing some of the little customizable options we had ingame is just silly ? (Being able to customize what weapons you have, and 2 x missles slots etc was a good thing ) Now we are left with very little choice over weapons and ‘missles’ … The game has very little in the way of customizable options for players ships, yet you remove some of what we had ??? That to me makes no sense

I do like the idea of certain weapons for each class of ship … But at least give us more choice than we had previously. (Or give us the old weapon choices back as well ? )

As for ‘nerfing’ the Covert Ops … Why why why ???

Here here. Go back to the old system of leveling at least. I can deal with everything else. This is too drastic a change. I literally am hosed now because of this update. You basically reset me to 0. You will lose me at least if this does not change. 

Let me show you, there is only that :smiley:

Devs nice try but i found this :

Before :

1374776379-frigballz.png

Now : 

1374776382-lol.png

Now look the synergy level max from the 2 screenshots :smiley:

Now look how the value changed with the same fit :smiley:

Now look where are the passiv bonus

Look the detection range :smiley:

And they told us they refound all our synergy :smiley:

^

Can i ask how did you make the other stats appear on your popup?

Setting —> game —> Ship informations ----> select “Full”

Let me show you, there is only that :smiley:

Devs nice try but i found this :

Before :

1374776379-frigballz.png

Now : 

1374776382-lol.png

Now look the synergy level max from the 2 screenshots :smiley:

Now look how the value changed with the same fit :smiley:

Now look where are the passiv bonus

Look the detection range :smiley:

And they told us they refound all our synergy :smiley:

So you were a Federation after all

But statement that “they nerfed shields by 1k!!” and statement “they nerfed sensor range by 250m” contain absolutely different weight in a public eyes.