Star Conflict OBT v. 0.9.0 Discussion

one suggestion for dealing with countering minefields, make rockets/torpedos/etc able to blow them up

:crazy:

This cannot happen. Cannot. T1 CAN NOT be matched against T3\T4. Don’t let vaguely-formulated posts trick you into thinking so.

Higher ranks of T1 can sometimes get into the battle against T2, lower ranks of T2 can sometimes get into matches with T1 and so on. There is a ±2 ranks width (if I am correct) in matchmaker. T1 cannot be matched with T3, simply because T3 is higher than +2 ranks.

http://s1336.photobucket.com/user/_David_123/media/ScreenShot2013-07-25at110731AM_zpsc3a89a27.png.html?sort=3&o=0

Feel free to scroll through the images

There are no limits to bringing along friends with T1 ships in your squad. Matchmaker counts the highest ranked ship in the squad.

I could squad up with three R1 only players and bring them to a T5 match if I wanted to.

Yes I know, but I wouldn’t be complaining on here if I was in a squad with a T1 player. If I was in going to play with someone who was T1, I’d switch to my T1 ships so he wouldn’t have to play in a match with T3 and T4

yeP did those people also have T2 ships in their hanger?

Okay, I have no idea which game it was from the logs… I can’t make head nor tail of it.

yeP did those people also have T2 ships in their hanger?

Yes, there were a few players that had two T2 ships and one T3 ship, or just 3 T2 ships. There were one or two players though that only had T1 ships equipped 

This cannot happen. Cannot. T1 CAN NOT be matched against T3\T4. Don’t let vaguely-formulated posts trick you into thinking so.

Higher ranks of T1 can sometimes get into the battle against T2, lower ranks of T2 can sometimes get into matches with T1 and so on. There is a ±2 ranks width (if I am correct) in matchmaker. T1 cannot be matched with T3, simply because T3 is higher than +2 ranks.

You see, the thing is that there were T1, T2,  T3 and some T4. You say that there is a ±2 ranks width, so let me see if I understand that correctly. Since there were T2 players in the match, T1 can also be in the match since thats ±1 rank. Since T2 were in the match, T3 can also be there since, once again, its ±1 rank. So on and so forth. So technically it ends up allowing T3/T4 to be matched with T1 if there is a T2 ship in the mix somewhere. I dont know if what I just said was correct, but thats what I understood you said.

Also, please leave minefields the way they are now. Game feels so much more like a space battle now. 

Mines only helped out crappy pilots anyway, which made the game a mess. It’s way better now that the world can’t spam mines. Thanks!

man this thread goes on so fast, i am pretty sure, most of the stuff stays unread for a while… :frowning:

• Temporary Customization Options - Seriously, everyone agrees this is a HORRIBLE MODEL and you can make more money if you give us permanent options. Stop being greedy and listen to your paying customers.

Can we all also agree, as the paying customers, that even a pay-per-repaint option would also work? Of course I have nothing against acquiring permanent colors for uniforms, they can be even high priced, given they would work on all ships on a specific layer. But its enough if it just simply sticks once you applied it until you take another one or remove it?

Timed customization is pretty no-go. It even gets pretty annoying already with my permanently bought stickers. It will make people only stop caring about it. I see much less stickers already.

I’m pretty sure I’m the reason they nerfed Orion and Plasma Arc.I downed a dev like 5 times in a row yesterday using Orion + Plasma Arc + Missiles and it was brutal. T2 game.

Hey dude, you had to do that had you!? Don’t show off secrets, make them fight a bit first!

Feels like it, I am certain whoever nerfed it does not fly Cov Ops much. Agree with you, that Arc could have become more dangerous  (I did only fly fighters since the patch mostly (have desert eagle and a purple bubble bobble gun, fun times!) and had few Arc kills here and there), but the Orion nerf was completely unnecessary. Orion was already nerfed by taking off RFR and RFP.

Also note, you for sure were not carrying a nuke now, and I guess you used unguided missiles, as any good pilot would do. So you were actually equipped to pick a certain target and kill him, so its not you being OP, it’s the purpose of your fit and the target being undefended.

Okay, I have no idea which game it was from the logs… I can’t make head nor tail of it.

If you remember the time that match happened, sift through them until you find that hour. Then just Zip the entire folder. Each folder contains separate logs for each login you make.

Yes, there were a few players that had two T2 ships and one T3 ship, or just 3 T2 ships. There were one or two players though that only had T1 ships equipped 

You see, the thing is that there were T1, T2,  T3 and some T4. You say that there is a ±2 ranks width, so let me see if I understand that correctly. Since there were T2 players in the match, T1 can also be in the match since thats ±1 rank. Since T2 were in the match, T3 can also be there since, once again, its ±1 rank. So on and so forth. So technically it ends up allowing T3/T4 to be matched with T1 if there is a T2 ship in the mix somewhere. I dont know if what I just said was correct, but thats what I understood you said.

If that pilot had a R6 ship in his active hangar, his queue overlaps with yours.

Point is, the matchmaking system picks up people from +/-2 Ranks from the required one. Problem is… If it picks Rank 5, it picks up people with Rank 3 ships… and Rank 7 ships… Only that never works like that. You often see pilots with Rank 9 ships in T2 matches… Or the other way around, I’ve seen Rank 1 ships in T2 matches… We all know neither of these possibilities ever happens… Right? I mean… They just don’t happen on a daily basis…

This patch is good.

But I change my mind. 

I quit, playing frigate doesn’t bring me joy anymore.

The whole concept of ships and weapons doesn’t allow me to have fun on my frigate anymore.

And that ninja nerf to Engy.

You hate frigates, don’t you, Dev?

You hate frigates, don’t you, Dev?

They nerfed CovOps, as well. What do you think?

Okay, you asked for proof the matchmaking was skewed, so here it is.

screenshot-130725-162859_zps17a24348.jpg

That is a Rank 9 ship at near full Synergy, being put into my Rank 6 match. That is three ranks above me. That is not even remotely fair.

Also, I found those logs I was on about. I just can’t figure out how to upload them here so I’ll send them to you.

If you remember the time that match happened, sift through them until you find that hour. Then just Zip the entire folder. Each folder contains separate logs for each login you make.

If that pilot had a R6 ship in his active hangar, his queue overlaps with yours.

Point is, the matchmaking system picks up people from +/-2 Ranks from the required one. Problem is… If it picks Rank 5, it picks up people with Rank 3 ships… and Rank 7 ships… Only that never works like that. You often see pilots with Rank 9 ships in T2 matches… Or the other way around, I’ve seen Rank 1 ships in T2 matches… We all know neither of these possibilities ever happens… Right? I mean… They just don’t happen on a daily basis…

Yeah that definitely never  happens. I don’t know what I was thinking when I made my previous posts

Hey dude, you had to do that had you!? Don’t show off secrets, make them fight a bit first!

Feels like it, I am certain whoever nerfed it does not fly Cov Ops much. Agree with you, that Arc could have become more dangerous  (I did only fly fighters since the patch mostly (have desert eagle and a purple bubble bobble gun, fun times!) and had few Arc kills here and there), but the Orion nerf was completely unnecessary. Orion was already nerfed by taking off RFR and RFP.

Also note, you for sure were not carrying a nuke now, and I guess you used unguided missiles, as any good pilot would do. So you were actually equipped to pick a _certain _target and kill him, so its not you being OP, it’s the purpose of your fit and the target being undefended.

We’ll see how it goes because those extra missiles increase inty DPS pretty significantly as it is. And yes, I roll with unguided missiles, love those things!

On the CovOps front, I should point out that I’ve been picking on LR Frigates and haven’t had any problems doing so with the weakened Plasma Arc. It just takes one or two more hits to kill - you have to actually park and aim, not just rush forward and rely on that single hit to kill them.

Edit: 777th post! Nurgle shall be pleased!  :lol:

On the CovOps front, I should point out that I’ve been picking on LR Frigates and haven’t had any problems doing so with the weakened Plasma Arc. It just takes one or two more hits to kill - you have to actually park and aim, not just rush forward and rely on that single hit to kill them.

You play that game? :what:

AWESOME!

They nerfed CovOps, as well. What do you think?

If this nerf happened before the patch, it would be good.

I enjoy my frigates before even with the unnerfed PA.

Don’t feel like lauching my ship into a game now, so it doesn’t matter.

^And this, just a few more hits, doesn’t matter much anyway. And there are tons of ships other than CO.

After getting a chance to play a few battles in #2 I have to say good job, things feel more balanced now.

Bubble guns are still strong but with the smaller bubble size much less prevalent and I doubt I’ll get another quadruple kill just spamming beacons with them as I did in #1.

One issue I noticed is with the synergy system. I seem to be getting more total synergy by switching ships than by playing a single ship during one battle. Guess it’s on a diminishing returns curve? I don’t like that, it punishes you for surviving. And rather harshly at that. In single ship rounds I always seem to max out at 5100 synergy (in t2, have gotten that both for rounds with 3 kills and for rounds with 17 kills, seems to be a hard cap, never gotten more in pure t2 - t3 earns more). However, if I’m forced to use several ships I end up getting around 3000 per ship (again in t2).

Not liking it, good play should be rewarded, not punished. Goes for the cooldown resets on everything after dying too btw - interceptors that rush in, do their burst damage, hit suicide and are right back with the next burst are quite common - bad design as well.

:salute:  And I shall work on pleasing Slaanesh first :stuck_out_tongue: Alas, 470 more posts to go.

Russian thinking in evidence with the synergy; I play for objectives, I get about 2K  synergy on a T2 Rank 6. Ignore objectives and farm kills, get triple that.

Please change the synergy system to reward completing objectives more. Capturing a beacon should give more synergy than killing three random enemy pilots.