Star Conflict OBT v. 0.9.0 Discussion

Singularity cannon has practically resolved the problem with the frigballs. We will nerf it of course, but at the moment we are not planning to remove it from the game. 

The fact that a broken weapon managed to clear away Frigballs is VERY unsurprising. You really shouldn’t take pride in that, at all. It also removed all Ceptors, in case you haven’t noticed. Matches now comprise of 80% Fighters abusing the living xxxx out of broken mechanics, as everyone has always done with this broken game.

You’ve also failed to answer my previous question about the matchmaking system.

It is not broken, it was the weapon one of the purposes of which was aimed for that. Yes, at the moment it needs tweaking, and it will soon be applied. 

What post are you referring to? I am sorry but I might have missed some of them. If it is this one: 

By the way, are there ANY plans to fix the matchmaking system? At all?

Then the answer is that: Technically matchmaking system works fine. But due to low amount of players in Sector Conquest que it is allowed to add players from ± 2 ranks (if I am not wrong here). After release we may make it more strict. 

But as I said - technically it is fine.

Make it more strict now and you’ll make people a lot happier. Matchmake based on the highest ranked ship in a person’s hangar (or the squad, if in a squad) and the majority of your players will approve.

T1 will be overjoyed because T2 (and sometimes T3!) Won’t turn up and ruin their games anymore. T2 will be happy because there’ll be no more OP ships from T3 abusing abilities that aren’t meant to exist in a T2 match, and so on.

It is not broken, it was the weapon one of the purposes of which was aimed for that. Yes, at the moment it needs tweaking, and it will soon be applied. 

What post are you referring to? I am sorry but I might have missed some of them. If it is this one: 

Then the answer is that: Technically matchmaking system works fine. But due to low amount of players in Sector Conquest que it is allowed to add players from ± 2 ranks (if I am not wrong here). After release we may make it more strict. 

But as I said - technically it is fine.

Because it’s SOOOOOOO enjoyable to fly a T1 ship and face T2 ships with much more advanced gear. Yeah, clearly the matchmaking is working flawlessly, that’s why you see T3 ships in T2 matches and, since this “patch”, T5 vs T4. Yes, this is all incredibly balanced, as you can well imagine…

So, no changes are planned for this broken system?

Singularity cannon has practically resolved the problem with the frigballs. We will nerf it of course, but at the moment we are not planning to remove it from the game. 

You announced clearly that you tried to delete the frigballz by implementing a single weapon for a single type of ship. So much for balance.

Ho, you have not only solved with Dumbgularity cannon, you also solved with <censored> weapons  you gave frigates.

No new weapons can compete with the old weapons frigates.

Either overheat or the RoF or the Range compensated for the risk-taking or slow barrels.

Now we have nothing, just weapons with more restrictions than efficiency.

So, no changes are planned for this broken system?

Again. It is not broken. Yes there are situations like this, but they are not because ‘it’s all broken’ but because we accomodated you - you have been telling us that you are tired of waiting in ques we have made those ques a bit wider, And if after some time none of your rank is found matchmaker starts looking around to let you into the game.

We may consider reducing the width of search, but it will also tell on the time it takes for you to get into the game.

You announced clearly that you tried to delete the frigballz by implementing a single weapon for a single type of ship. So much for balance.

Ho, you have not only solved with Dumbgularity cannon, you also solved with <censored> weapons  you gave frigates.

No new weapons can compete with the old weapons frigates.

Either overheat or the RoF or the Range compensated for the risk-taking or slow barrels.

Now we have nothing, just weapons with more restrictions than efficiency.

I said that it was one of the purposes.

After tweaking all of the weapons are going to be much more efficient.

We are not planning any kind of rollback at the moment.

Antibus, if you are that concerned that matchmaking is going to increase, why not get rid of the divided lobbies? Right now there are three queues in Sector Conflict - Emp vs Jer, Emp vs Fed, Fed vs Jer. Get rid and have a single queue, with player victories being allocated based on the sector they voted to fly in. Everyone in the same queue means shorter queue times, which means you can stop mixing tiers.

In fact, I’m going to go ahead and write up a narrative walkthrough of why your current system is so damn awful. It’ll take a while though… so watch this space.

Antibus, if you are that concerned that matchmaking is going to increase, why not get rid of the divided lobbies? Right now there are three queues in Sector Conflict - Emp vs Jer, Emp vs Fed, Fed vs Jer. Get rid and have a single queue, with player victories being allocated based on the sector they voted to fly in. Everyone in the same queue means shorter queue times, which means you can stop mixing tiers.

In fact, I’m going to go ahead and write up a narrative walkthrough of why your current system is so damn awful. It’ll take a while though… so watch this space.

Maybe it would be a better Idea to post a suggestion on how you think the system should be improved in our suggestions section? Because what you are planning to do is technically offtop.

If there is a suggestion like yours that already there - please, PM me with the link.

From the progression point of view nothing has changed for the players who bought DLCs with various bonuses - they are all still working and improving your progression. Moreover you will now get +10% bonus to Loyalty gain. 

Let me get this right, right now the packs give this bonus?

Mercenary Pack:

“VIP-Card” A permanent +10% loyalty gain bonus.

Galaxy Explorer Pack:

“Gold VIP”. Permanent 10% bonus to loyalty gain and a 10% bonus to ships experience gain - speed up the development of your ships!

Elite Pilot Pack:

“Platinum VIP”. Permanent 10% bonus to loyalty gain as well as 10% bonuses to ships experience gain - Become the leader!

While indeed, it still buffs both progressions, we did lose a bonus that the DLC provided.

Maybe it would be a better Idea to post a suggestion on how you think the system should be improved in our suggestions section? Because what you are planning to do is technically offtop.

If there is a suggestion like yours that already there - please, PM me with the link.

There has been. Twice. Both got locked. I looked through four pages manually and used the search engine but couldn’t find a thread about it that hasn’t been locked.

From the progression point of view nothing has changed for the players who bought DLCs with various bonuses - they are all still working and improving your progression. Moreover you will now get +10% bonus to Loyalty gain. 

actually it has… as i mentioned in another post… progression was handled by reputation before… since reputation no longer exists, it takes longer to level the tree…

it also makes premium ships pretty worthless now, since they cant be used to level the tree either… free synergy costs $$$ to convert…

if nothing had changed, we’d have a +10% synergy boost instead… on top of the already existing +10% ship experience bonus…

It was so refreshing when starting this game that it didn’t have that same way of grinding progression like in WoT. I wish you’d kept the old model where you could grind for new ship using any ship you wanted.

Well, some things I like and some things I don’t. I do like the overall cleaned up interface, and some of the new weapons I like better than a few of the old ones, but definitely not all.

The things I don’t like are as have been mentioned here previously, the available weapons for frigs are simply not sufficient for their various roles and possible play styles. In general the new frig weapons are all so slow to track the aiming on a target, that they are too inefficient for anything moving at much more than a snail’s pace, and defending against smaller, faster, more agile ships is has gotten even more difficult than it already was before. Definitely missed are the Assault weapons; in particular the Assault Laser and the Assault Plasma Cannons.

Beyond that not having a secondary missile/mine slot is not good, and taking away the minefields in particular is a huge mistake. While there are several very good and important uses for minefields in this game, one of them was for slower moving frigs to help them fend off and escape attacks, and also for area denial in a guard role. This is a huge loss and has taken away a very fun and exciting dynamic from the game.

Also I miss having multiple weapon modifiers available for my weapons. Again, this added another fun and exciting aspect and dynamic in the game, but now it too has been taken away. Overall in this regard the new patch seems to have taken away some fun choices and possibilities, dumbed it down, and oversimplified things. The overall gaming experience is simply less dynamic and engrossing than it was before this patch.

Now for the “real” money spent, of which I have spent plenty, and little by little things I bought with my real money are being taken away, and there has been not enough explanation of exactly what has been indeed taken away and or replaced with something else, which as a paying customer is not only terribly confusing, but also a very violating and ripped off feeling to say the very least!

Can someone give me one - just one single rational reason for removing dual weapon mods?

You’d be hard pressed to, because IMO THERE ISN’T ONE, save the “lets make it easier for 2 day old derps figure out the game.”

Ditto for missile variety. You give mines to the most useless ships in the game - EXCLUSIVELY - where you should’ve kept it the same except for maybe a making a new module to COUNTER a minefield instead of making them close to extinct.

Don’t eve get me started on missiles.

It’s as if…actually no, not “as if”, you ACTUALLY took several of the best aspects of the games tactical gameplay and erased them.

It’s really mind boggling. I feel like what I’m playing now should be an early version of beta, not an almost-released (and dare I say extensively tested?!) game.

Sound off if ya all smell what I’m stepping in here…

Again. It is not broken. Yes there are situations like this, but they are not because ‘it’s all broken’ but because we accomodated you - you have been telling us that you are tired of waiting in ques we have made those ques a bit wider, And if after some time none of your rank is found matchmaker starts looking around to let you into the game.

We may consider reducing the width of search, but it will also tell on the time it takes for you to get into the game.

Our problem, as pilots, is that it’s not “occasional” or “rare”.

Yes, the waiting times are annoying, I’ll be the first to admit it, we (I’m not one of them, because I joined the forum after that) did ask for shorter queue times, but we never assumed mixing Tiers would be the solution.

Seeing T1/T3 ships in T2 matches is so godamned frustrating, you have no idea. The discrepancy in available gear is just so wide, it’s not even amusing to play. Not only that, as I said earlier, these off-Tiered ships aren’t a rare occurrence, quite the extreme opposite. Seeing these off-Tier ships is VERY common, they’re in almost every single match. That’s what generated all these complaints, the fact that these ships are in EVERY game and they’re not just 1 Tier above, we’ve all seen high-end ships in lower Tiers (like R9 ships in T2 matches, I know I see them on an almost daily basis if I play T2), the same happening on T1 and T3, since this new patch. Hell, it’s even worse because, apparently, there are T3 ships mixed with T1 ships, now. You can guess how those fights work out for the poor rookie pilot that is suddenly faced with an end-game ship. That’s how “functional” the system is.

Yes, reducing queue times is an excellent thing. But you won’t reduce them if there are no players left to queue, wouldn’t you agree?

You can guess how those fights work out for the poor rookie pilot that is suddenly faced with an end-game ship. That’s how “functional” the system is.

Yes, reducing queue times is an excellent thing. But you won’t reduce them if there are no players left to queue, wouldn’t you agree?

There could not be a situation like this. Rookies (T1) can not enter the same match as a pilot on T5 (endgame). What you are writing is simply impossible (if it is not a custom game, of course - there you can set your own parameters). We do know that there can be situations when tiers may mix due to the current setting. We are expecting that this situation would fix itself after release.

That is exactly what we are talking about. It is just that you look at it from a different angle. How do we reduce time in que if there are no players? We spread the que width.

If you have suggestions on how else we can both reduce que time and exclude the possibility of getting into a fight with lower\higher tier - you can always post them in a suggestions section.

I already suggested one - put everyone in the same queue, divided by tier, and it’ll speed up. Right now, at least if it works the way it appears to, I am only matchmaking with a third of the player base at best. If I attack a Fed sector, I am only in game with Empire pilots who also attacked Fed, and Fed players who attacked the Empire.

If you put all three factions in one list then, logically, you’d get games 3x as quickly. That would mean you could have fixed tiers like most people want and still reduce queue time.

All in all this update just made me feel like “Why play if my reputation/experience can just be nullified at any given time.”

Whats to keep you guys from just replacing the syn system in a month?

God knows paid ships are already down the drain, with no explanation on how to improve them I can’t see anyone buying them.

they have now stated on steam, and i quote “We do not plan to change synergy-based leveling [sic] system” so yeah why bother playing

Patch content has been updated

have a single queue, with player victories being allocated based on the sector they voted to fly in…

technically impossible, since then you’d have empire helping jerries, feds helping empire, etc… also, impossible to tell who to put on which team, based on faction control.