Star Conflict OBT v. 0.9.0 Discussion

@ TacTicalWiZard

Not a quitter man, but apparently you were one of the smart ones that bought up ships all through each of the trees for each faction so you now have the luxury to move on to T5 without having to start over at T1/T2. Please read the other 21 pages of this thread before you come on here being a jerk to everyone. People are frustrated because they spent time and money on something they cared about. No need to diminish their opinions (even if it comes off whiny) on what is currently happening to the game. The game will be lucky to make it out of so called ‘Beta’ and even in to next year.

But on a side note for you:

tumblr_m6970jRcD21r82002.gif

Congrats…you are the coolest guy here.

Just a reminder to many players here, this game is FREE to play witch leads us to some questions

• Can we achieve highest level of play through extensive farm without paying a cent? - yes!

• Can i cut grind time by investing real life money because i am grown up man, have a work and enjoy this game and i wanna participate on higher levels faster? Yeas you can!

If you have a license for a month witch is pretty darn cheap for a grown up man with no free time due to Real Life experiences you have 2 choices:

a) Farm PvE it is proven many times you can finish PvE game in under 8 minutes T1/ T2/ T4 and get fast Synergy, Fast credits win-win! Doing PvE you will hit Top of T3 in no time (and no one is topping you to throw occasional PvP in there, its up to you) oh yeah you get loots

b) Have fun playing PvP, getting better at the role you are maxing, finish contracts for your loyalty levels that will unlock stuff for your upper ships and the ones you are trying to level, you get Synergy when you win (i don’t remember if its higher gain than pve, sorry) you still get moneys, you get occasional loot, it will take somewhat slower, unless you are that good and experienced that you will be able to carry your team solo or Alternatively you can find people that doing the same thing (leveling up), squad up - profit, grind pvp on a level of pve!

What else do you people want???

They messed up with this new update. They took away all the practical weapons and added novelty weapons instead. The singularity cannon is very situational and is extremely op, honestly almost 5k EM damage with a crit. Just because they added new hangars and sounds, it doesn’t make up for the fact that they stripped us of useful weapons. I have to admit the coil mortar is pretty cool though. I would like to see the old weapons mixed in with the new ones. Bring back hail plasmas and long range lasers. Take away the singularity cannon, and bring back the multi class weapons like the assault plasma cannons. Side note, the singularity cannon can shoot through static barrier, which needs to be fixed.

I do not play T1 anymore, but T1 only having one weapon choice is a terrible idea considering the bad matching systems. Many new players will most likely turn away from this game when they see they only have one weapon choice. 

The aesthetic changes were nice, but most players don’t spend a lot of time in their hangars.

I definitely do not approve of this new update in terms of what they did with the weapons and needing synergy to move forward to the next ship. 

9/10 people will prefer to play on 0.8, I guarantee it. Please return the game to its previous version. Many people have quit the game because of this new update and many more will.

Just a reminder to many players here, this game is FREE to play witch leads us to some questions

What else do you people want???

that’s a common misconception. as i always like to say:

the game isn’t free if you paid for it.

and where would we be without those paying customers

I do not play T1 anymore, but T1 only having one weapon choice is a terrible idea considering the bad matching systems. Many new players will most likely turn away from this game when they see they only have one weapon choice.

and i agree with this.

plus the matchmaking system isn’t bad. there just needs to be more balance between tiers.

then you can have 1-tier spread matchmaking and still have a very fun experience.

more fun than non-mixed imo, if balanced properly.

ie: if ships only have a 15-20% advantage in 1 tier above you, it isn’t much…

quite honestly, it’s a difference of 1 second out of 5 or 7 in combat. means little. whoever takes the tactical opportunity first will still win.

currently they have approx. 25% advantage.

that’s a common misconception. as i always like to say:

the game isn’t free if you paid for it.

and where would we be without those paying customers?

It is still free to those who did not pay

It is still free to those who did not pay

edit that vodka comment out please, i decided to remove it. distasteful. thanks.

also, i understand that. but i’m sure the users most upset by the changes are those who paid.

how can i put this. i just bought the game via the sale sale…

now they just reduced the value of my purchase in-game, by removing T1 as a viable play option, and removing a bunch of customization, etc… as well as making a bunch of my items obsolete, which are sitting in warehouse.

in effect, what sale? i have to play higher tiers, which means i can buy less premiums, so my money is worth less… :\ the sale has been cancelled. lol

I would never have paid if it wasn’t “free to play.”  I paid, and with this patch I feel screwed over.  Moreso since I bought the galaxy explorer pack last week on sale.

T1 is training basics, T2 and T3 are for playing, T4’s for being fodder.  I imagine a patch for problems will come soon.  If the glaring issues aren’t fixed, there’s no way they’ll see a dime of mine again.  If I can’t have fun, you can’t have my money, plain and simple.

[http://forum.star-conflict.com/index.php?/topic/19696-fun-things-to-do-in-star-conflict/](< base_url >/index.php?/topic/19696-fun-things-to-do-in-star-conflict/)

I have decied to support this new patch! Just think about all the productive things we will get done now that we won’t be playing this.

Hi all,

Just thought I would share my opinion on this patch.

I lost a piece of T2 experimental equipment, it was an item that boosted damage with emp weapons. And before anyone jumps on me saying, “check your warehouse” I have, that was the very first thing I did when I realized load-outs had changed. Learnt this lesson very quick from a previous patch that changed everything.

I feel as though I cannot win VS. any player with the Singularity Cannon when I fly a frigate and I also feel I have limited options in weapons now especially when I prefer ranged weapons. And yes, I have tried the Singularity Cannon and even I feel as though it’s very overpowered. Half a dozen shots and any frigate dies. Even less with other ships, it’s stupid.

I personally do not care about hangars and such. It’s all about solid game-play and balance to me.

I do like a few things however.

The price drop in ships benefits all, period. But having said this, I feel the few months I saved in order to gain new ships was wasted, I would love to get at least the difference back then it wouldn’t feel bad at all.

Only weapon I like that has been added by this patch was the Coil Mortar. It’s about time a frigate got a heavy sounding cannon with decent damage in kinetics, the previous weapons sounded like pea shooters and impacted like firecrackers. I haven’t checked all the weapons, neither will I ever check them all so I will not comment on other load-outs.

Overall, I lost 1 experimental item and my frigates are weak VS. Singularity Cannons but gained cheaper ships and the Coil Mortar. But I have to ask the question, what was the point in all this?

I feel as though the game was fairly balanced anyway before the patch…

I feel as though the game was fairly balanced anyway before the patch…

So did I tbh, but apparently there was an issue with the multi class weapons or some bs like that. Even the weapons available for a specific class were taken out for some reason

Maybe having some universal weapons, and some exclusive weapons for each class will help solve the problem and satisfy both sides.  ;)wt

Well I don’t remember what I spent gold on, but I was given several hundred gold standards back by this change so they clearly did refund some.

I suspect they did not refund the “pay for more chance of finding loot” gold, because that wasn’t spent on equipment - you still have the item you won (or the nearest equivalent), or if you didn’t get the item you still own the money you won.

We had. For the modifiers. 

As weapons stayed with you, they were not refunded.

So since reputation doesn’t exist anymore, will the DLC packs’ bonus be updated to something?

Mercenary Pack:

“VIP-Card” A permanent +10% reputation gain bonus.

Galaxy Explorer Pack:

“Gold VIP”. Permanent 10% bonus to reputation gain and a 10% bonus to ships experience gain - speed up the development of your ships!

Elite Pilot Pack:

“Platinum VIP”. Permanent 10% bonus to reputation gain as well as 10% bonuses to ships experience gain - Become the leader!

So since reputation doesn’t exist anymore, will the DLC packs’ bonus be updated to something?

Mercenary Pack:

"VIP-Card" A permanent +10% reputation gain bonus.

The VIP card also gives a 10% loyalty boost. I have this pack, and the loyalty bonus slipped my mind ><

I for one liked the patch.  However, it could have easily have been divided into two updates: one for weapon revamp, one for T5 synergy and the rest.  I think its very jarring for most people to have so much change thrown at them at once.  More communication beforehand would be great too.

Mercenary Pack:

I stupidly paid for this pack and even though it is now basically worthless due to the 0.9 changes they refuse to refund my money

Mercenary Pack:

Galaxy Explorer Pack:

“Gold VIP”. Permanent 10% bonus to reputation gain and a 10% bonus to ships experience gain - speed up the development of your ships!

Elite Pilot Pack:

“Platinum VIP”. Permanent 10% bonus to reputation gain as well as 10% bonuses to ships experience gain - Become the leader!

From the progression point of view nothing has changed for the players who bought DLCs with various bonuses - they are all still working and improving your progression. Moreover you will now get +10% bonus to Loyalty gain. 

remove the singularity canon, bring back the old weapons, keep the new, except the freaking singularity canon!

And nerf scenarios, becouse the high lv ones are impossible if you are not 4 man premade who knows EXACTLY what they are doing.

remove the singularity canon, bring back the old weapons, keep the new, except the freaking singularity canon!

And nerf scenarios, becouse the high lv ones are impossible if you are not 4 man premade who knows EXACTLY what they are doing.

Singularity cannon has practically resolved the problem with the frigballs. We will nerf it of course, but at the moment we are not planning to remove it from the game. 

All in all this update just made me feel like “Why play if my reputation/experience can just be nullified at any given time.”

Whats to keep you guys from just replacing the syn system in a month?

God knows paid ships are already down the drain, with no explanation on how to improve them I can’t see anyone buying them.