Star Conflict OBT v. 0.9.0 Discussion

I’m not sure you understand.  Right now Engineers only have 2 module slots.  Why?  Because shield and hull regen is “must have.”  If you fly without them on, you are basically not doing your job.  If you introduce the ammo refill modules, it will instantly (depending on implementation…) become a “must have,” leaving engis with only 1 slot left for variation.

In other words, engineers have the fewest options in terms of module selection, not the most.  This would not work without a rework of all the modules in the engineer class.

I understand how it works, and that reasoning can be applied to most other roles. If you’re a tackler you’re expected to tackle and debuff. If you’re a command you’re expected to buff. I don’t agree that this would limit engineers, for example instead of taking a warp you can take ammo. I feel this would make engineers even more useful and vital to the success of a team.

It would also add more variety to engi setups in comp matches. 

I personally don’t feel the current setup is bad (although CD resetting on death is silly), I just think giving the engineers that purpose is a better way to implement it.

I understand how it works, and that reasoning can be applied to most other roles. If you’re a tackler you’re expected to tackle and debuff. If you’re a command you’re expected to buff. I don’t agree that this would limit engineers, for example instead of taking a warp you can take ammo. I feel this would make engineers even more useful and vital to the success of a team.

It would also add more variety to engi setups in comp matches. 

and what else could tacklers fit? self-tank in actives? hah, dont make me laugh.

Same with commands.

I understand where you are coming from, but I feel, as an engineer-loving mercenary, that it would be a bad idea since it would limit my ability to fit even more.

I would not say I have just come on to these threads just to rant. I have offered alternatives (like any good critic should) along with serious concerns for the long term stability of this game. @keyote, you must be one of the few who likes the synergy change. I was like you and thought I had to progress up the ladder of each ship when I first started. Once I got comfortable with a ship however and let a few ranks pass, I realized I didn’t need to buy each ship in order to progress further. What a huge revelation that was to me and what an important factor that lead me to amp up the amount of time I spent playing. I can honestly say now that if this aspect of the game does NOT change, I am seriously considering quitting. I have supported the Devs since I started, and I even talked my friends in to the game and told them how much the DLC really was worth considering despite the prices. I am all for change, I support change as change is always important for growth, but since I play with 3 premium ships and the formerly known ship Hydra 2 as my 4th, I am in a real tough spot at the moment. I hardly have any desire to play right now and I just purchased the Elite DLC pack day 1 of the Steam Sale. I have already been in to the daily grind since I started in May. I was able to purchase any T4 ship I desired, but since everyone kept saying that T4 was a barren wasteland, I just saved my money and experimented with things in T3. Now I am practically stuck with what I have, and if I want to progress any further, I either have to spend GS or start over at T1 again. I am not willing to do that. I’ll let everyone vent and let the Dev’s soak it all in, but if there is one thing I am not willing to do right now, it is start over. I just can’t. Over 200 hours logged to get where I am and this would really be a soul crushing move on their part. I really really hope they reconsider.

I would not say I have just come on to these threads just to rant. I have offered alternatives (like any good critic should) along with serious concerns for the long term stability of this game. @keyote, you must be one of the few who likes the synergy change. I was like you and thought I had to progress up the ladder of each ship when I first started. Once I got comfortable with a ship however and let a few ranks pass, I realized I didn’t need to buy each ship in order to progress further. What a huge revelation that was to me and what an important factor that lead me to amp up the amount of time I spent playing. I can honestly say now that if this aspect of the game does NOT change, I am seriously considering quitting. I have supported the Devs since I started, and I even talked my friends in to the game and told them how much the DLC really was worth considering despite the prices. I am all for change, I support change as change is always important for growth, but since I play with 3 premium ships and the formerly known ship Hydra 2 as my 4th, I am in a real tough spot at the moment. I hardly have any desire to play right now and I just purchased the Elite DLC pack day 1 of the Steam Sale. I have already been in to the daily grind since I started in May. I was able to purchase any T4 ship I desired, but since everyone kept saying that T4 was a barren wasteland, I just saved my money and experimented with things in T3. Now I am practically stuck with what I have, and if I want to progress any further, I either have to spend GS or start over at T1 again. I am not willing to do that. I’ll let everyone vent and let the Dev’s soak it all in, but if there is one thing I am not willing to do right now, it is start over. I just can’t. Over 200 hours logged to get where I am and this would really be a soul crushing move on their part. I really really hope they reconsider.

This.  The synergy itself is fine, but what about all of us that have spent many many hours raising reputation to have just lost everything with 1 patch?

We either need to be compensated with a crap ton of free synergy or able to buy with the reputation we had before the patch, at least for a limited time.  Honestly it really sucks because to try any other ship line then I have invested in, I would have to completely restart, which is just wrong.

I will just leave this here:

qr3h4.jpg

and

qr3l9.jpg

Look at the guy at red team with most points, the only thing he and all other fighters in that team did throughout the match is killing everyone using Singularity Cannon Mk.III and nothing else.

Singularity Cannon is imba OP nerf plz QQ

:stuck_out_tongue:

and what else could tacklers fit? self-tank in actives? hah, dont make me laugh.

Same with commands.

I understand where you are coming from, but I feel, as an engineer-loving mercenary, that it would be a bad idea since it would limit my ability to fit even more.

I see your point, however I still feel this would better diversify engi use, and adds further value to them on the team.

I certainly wouldn’t expect engi’s to do everything at once for me. But a lot of people do, and maybe that means they need more module slots, hell they’re engineers…

But like I said, I’d be content if they just removed the CD resetting after death.

I see your point, however I still feel this would better diversify engi use, and adds further value to them on the team.

I certainly wouldn’t expect engi’s to do everything at once for me. And maybe it means they need more module slots, hell they’re engineers…

But like I said, I’d be content if they just removed the CD resetting after death.

Hmm, I haven’t seen the kamikaze runs myself yet, have you?

I would like to support the no CD reset, but would ask then to lower the CD from 180 to 120 maybe…

Chino has been reading my diary again haven’t you? Now close that book and come to my bed dear.

1. I refuse to PVE or fly down to T1 and T2 on a regular basis.

Only time I tier down is when I get stuck on contracts, squadding up with new corp mates or checking things out (like when peeps complain about T2 balance)

But to work my way back up from R1 to R9 coz I need to open up a new ship path – noes!

do it for every single unlocked path I want to fly on? — noes! x 5

1. If synergy is some clever laterally thought out solution to getting people to fly their tier, then well done. But to get me to fly each and every one of the paths …? There has to be a better way…

Hmm, I haven’t seen the kamikaze runs myself yet, have you?

I would like to support the no CD reset, but would ask then to lower the CD from 180 to 120 maybe…

Not that bad actually, but I’m way too OP with that cool-down resetting upon death. I don’t kamikaze but I try to use all my missiles before I die, because I know I’ll just come back with a full group again. 

If I knew it wouldn’t reset or if I needed to visit an engi for it, I would be more careful. 

I agree on lowering to 120 if they reset cooldowns upon death.

If you could purchase any T4 ship, wouldn’t that mean you had a lot of T3 ships already unlocked? I’m a little confused as to where your problem lies. 

If you could purchase any T4 ship, wouldn’t that mean you had a lot of T3 ships already unlocked? I’m a little confused as to where your problem lies. 

Except you don’t have to play them.  I have ships I’ve only played a couple games in.  I switched to fed just to get a T3 engineer.  Do you really think I played any of the T1 or T2 ships?  Now to get anything empire, I have to spend time in T1, then T2, or spend cash!  Two days ago I could spend credits and get a full section of T1 and T2, and work on ranking up Fed.  The synergy change forces you to repeatedly play ships you do not want.  The R3/6/9 ships of a tier are the “best” and often are different than the faction’s mainline.

@Madeix

Basically I have enough money that prior to this patch, I could have bought straight up to any T4 ship I wanted, but like JRisom stated, I now have to buy a ship at T1/T2, and play through all of those now just to build up Synergy to get to the ship I want. Not cool, because now I’m sitting on cash that really can’t be spent on anything, and I am at a point where I can’t just sit down and start over at those lower tiers. It’s just not fun. People who have been playing for some time are being slightly punished by this patch. I assume had people known the finer details of this patch, especially with respect to Synergy, they would have bought all ships in the tree up to where they could so they didn’t have to just grind it out.

This is a known problem and we will fix it. It will be helpful if you continue providing us with your feedback, so that balancing roughspots were sorted out. 

they’re not rough spots. the entire game just got reshuffled and needs rebalancing. i hate euphemisms.

Well, we did buy out all the gold weapons and all the mods you had and refunded players with all the money they’ve spent. And we havent changed ships at all. We even reduced prices on them, as you have long been asking for it. 

Now, on the new weapons - at the moment I am getting quite a strange kind of feedback, two-face kind: good amount of players tells me that new weapons are interesting and fun, and then there is another group of players who are telling me that they don’t like weapons (actually most of you guys claim to dislike only one OP Singularity), figures-wise first group is dominant. So, is it really all that bad as second group claims?

incorrect. i have a bunch of assault plasma worth 500k which i will never use now, because they dont fit my T1 ships. not to mention T1 ships are not even worth buying equipment for now, so all T1 gear is useless.

furthermore, i have about 100-200GS salvage costs worth of experimental T1 mods which i will never use again.

also, i have 2 useless premium T1 ships which will never see the light of the universe again.

weapons: figures wise, most players who don’t play the game and only login when there is an update ahem (the 1800 player influx) will tell you it is good, then they’ll leave and never come back… you should listen to experience players not the servile masses. :\ new weapons are good, but there is not enough variety now. you took half the choices in the game away from weapons in every tier, to missile slots, to weapon mods, etc… not to mention making T1 ships utterly useless. oh… missile spam.

The amount of grind is not at all that great as many players claim it to be, yet we are still in the process of feedback aquisition and I would like to thank you for the one you have provided. 

well, the amount of grind is at least 5-10 times higher than before. as before you could just buy the ship you wanted (which i agree was a bit too easy), but now you have to grind every single line individually, even though you probably already have the credits to buy the ship you want.

to calculate your grind time, go back to 0.85, rank up using the highest rank in its tier, until you reach max tier. mark the time.

then grind every single ship line until you reach T5 in 0.9… you’ll notice a difference, i guarantee :\

world of tanks all over again… quick question: how much will T6, 7 and 8 premiums cost when they come out?

@Madeix

Basically I have enough money that prior to this patch, I could have bought straight up to any T4 ship I wanted, but like JRisom stated, I now have to buy a ship at T1/T2, and play through all of those now just to build up Synergy to get to the ship I want. Not cool, because now I’m sitting on cash that really can’t be spent on anything, and I am at a point where I can’t just sit down and start over at those lower tiers. It’s just not fun. People who have been playing for some time are being slightly punished by this patch. I assume had people known the finer details of this patch, especially with respect to Synergy, they would have bought all ships in the tree up to where they could so they didn’t have to just grind it out.

Exactly!  And since the change about the fourth slot, I committed to staying Jericho and not switching.  Now that’s worthless unless I spend time in T4 fighting Nova/ESB for a few months for one slot, or spend ten dollars for a slight boost in capture the beacons.  I’d probably just launch, get killed, get synergy, repeat.  I’ve yet to hear if this issue is even being “discussed” or if it’s decided and I’m screwed.

well, the amount of grind is at least 5-10 times higher than before. as before you could just buy the ship you wanted (which i agree was a bit too easy), but now you have to grind every single line individually, even though you probably already have the credits to buy the ship you want.

For the record, it usually costs about 3 times the cost of the ship to outfit it. That is still the biggest limiting factor. I just bought R13 ship and it cost me about 20mil to outfit it in mk2 gear. Gear is 1.5mil each. So money is still one of the most if not the most limiting issue.

But synergy is nightmarish because it forces you to play ships you do not want to play, or tiers you do not want to play. T5 is pretty messed up right now for example due to hilariously overpowered imperial R13 and R14 implants.

Patches are supposed to improve the game, fix bugs, and implement creative changes.

All this did was make 1-2 new weapons, take 5+ out, and basically copy a worse leveling system from WoT.

Its like you make patches to kill this game instead of save it.

Amen Empiren…amen. I’m in game now and…I just…I don’t know. I’m just real sad. I loved this game. Now…now I don’t even know anymore. All I have to say is thank you Steam Summer Sale. At least I have other games to look forward to.

I have to thank you for the patch. My t2,t3 are useless now. One thing left, game uninstalled,

Adios Amigos!

Amen Empiren…amen. I’m in game now and…I just…I don’t know. I’m just real sad. I loved this game. Now…now I don’t even know anymore. All I have to say is thank you Steam Summer Sale. At least I have other games to look forward to.

I’m sad too look at all the quitters!

I have to thank you for the patch. My t2,t3 are useless now. One thing left, game uninstalled,

Adios Amigos!

Goodbye? No need to leave a Dear John note.

Side note: My T3’s are still useful because they lead to T4’s which in turn will lead to T5’s.

@ TacTicalWiZard

Not a quitter man, but apparently you were one of the smart ones that bought up ships all through each of the trees for each faction so you now have the luxury to move on to T5 without having to start over at T1/T2. Please read the other 21 pages of this thread before you come on here being a jerk to everyone. People are frustrated because they spent time and money on something they cared about. No need to diminish their opinions (even if it comes off whiny) on what is currently happening to the game. The game will be lucky to make it out of so called ‘Beta’ and even in to next year.

But on a side note for you:

tumblr_m6970jRcD21r82002.gif

Congrats…you are the coolest guy here.