Star Conflict OBT v. 0.9.0 Discussion

FAIL.

In a soccer game u play soccer from the beginning. In this game u played basball till now, u spent ur money thinking u could play basball … and than u have been forced to play soccer.

In different terms: was skilled, looks like they are trying to tourn it into another “new generation” nabz frendly one. Was Unreal Tournament… will be Call of Duty. 

Open ur eyes pal… “classes” and limits are for nabz.

OR you were equipped for playing soccer, you came to the game, and for the stretch and warm up you’ve decided to play a game of baseball.

Biggest problem with all these QQing people is that they came to the game with a mind set of just playing finalized product/full released game WRONG there were million references that there could be major overhaul to the content/gameplay/mechanics.

And i hate classes.

And i hate

i hate

I

hmm where is the problem here

Ur mind?

ye i think that is.

Sorry for interruption, but you started loosing people guys, permanent. Better do something, fast.

Forcing people to fly terrible ships is not a good idea, Devs.

Rank 4 ships are awful. They are especially bad when your broken matchmaking puts them up against Tier 3 ships.

The reason people just skipped over ranks 4 and 5, or 7 and 8, are well known; compared to other ships of their tiers, those ships are not worth using.

Forcing people to grind in those ships is not going to make people want to play the game for longer. It’s going to make them want to leave.

You have two solutions to this.

A) You lock the tiers and make The “low” (Rank 4 / 7) and “mid” (Rank 5 / 8) ships comparable in power to the “top” (Rank 6 / 9) ships. Tiers 2 onwards all use Tier 5’s layout, with there being some benefit to ranking up to top (the ship is slightly better - not enough to unbalance the game because tiers are locked!) and so players don’t feel like they’re a 5th wheel when they enter the tier.

This, for the record, is my preferred solution.

B) You lose the synergy requirements to level up beyond the Rank Useless ships. Let people skip into the middle or end of the tier, and then require synergy to move beyond it.

There is no entertainment to be had flying under-powered ships. Even at full Synergy, a Rank 4 is going to be routinely torn apart by Rank 6. Ditto with Rank 7 and 9. This is why people skipped them, and why people are not going to want to grind them.

game has less than 5k players.

Lets make a patch to discourage new players, hurt the old ones, and generally make the system 10 times more confusing/annoying than ever!

Like the new guns, but really, whats the point in playing if a month from now my rank/experience will be nullified and i’ll have to start over?

Sorry for interruption, but you started loosing people guys, permanent. Better do something, fast.

The potential player base for this game is huge, major part of that is no here because there is no advertisements, there are no references anywhere, and the game is in beta (people just waiting out)

when this game is finished and released, there will be huge spike in player base, and most of this fresh players will come to the game in a state it is, they will have no knowledge of all iterations we went through, they will just play what they are presented with.

And most of you that whining and qqing that truly like space arcadish PvP simulator will come back to this game, there are no alternatives, and none are coming anytime soon, NO Star Citizen isn’t remotely the same game 

game has less than 5k players.

The game had well over 100 times that at this point, as for people leaving, there are more people on now than there has been in general during this time, and it will likely to be so as the older players have come back.

It is okay that the lower tiers have a limited choice of “weapon assortment” … those tiers are for new player who have to learn and understand the game. And if its true what I heard that the high tiers upkeep now has been lowered together with the constant improvement of the game balance (in future) there is no reason why an experienced player should stick to low/lower tiers. Therefore no reason to cry that you cant fit your experimental pulse to your T1 ships and bash no.obs…

you’re wrong. they did a poll on this and over 50%+ of players play T2, 15% play T3, 15% play T1, and the rest play something else.

Sudden realization: the game classifies tacklers as inty killers, but the current meta seems to suggest that fighters are now frigate killers. This doesn’t quite add up.

no it doesn’t. in fact: have you ever seen a tackler kill a covop? never. just cut the beam or dont even get into range, or jam him inbetween, and get on his back… dead before you know it, he won’t even be able to lock you to active his modules… same goes for inty… they kill tacklers… tacklers pretty useless now. except in small gang situations. random 1v1s, etc…

I am not saying that I will quit, nor I whine (although engineering frigates are nerfed imo ) .  I just point the observation of the current situation in the general chat… and forum.

The game had well over 100 times that at this point, as for people leaving, there are more people on now than there has been in general during this time, and it will likely to be so as the older players have come back.

wait, this game has 500,000 players? you mean 500,000 inactive accounts and only about 5000 players…

also, there are obviously more people on now as there always are after a patch… people want to see the changes and test them. they’ll be gone in a few days.

What i hate the most about this patch, is that it disregard a part of the grind from before the patch. That’s really showing the finger to your players.

Simple example, i was grinding to R9 Empire to get the Styx, prior to the patch i was 90/100k R7… All that grind on rank 6 ships obviously, because as everyone already agreed on, low and mid tier ships are awful. So now i have to regrind all the way to rank 8 on every single R7 ship… And the worst part if that I need to play a ship type I DONT LIKE AT ALL to reach the Styx now. It’s really poor game design.

The potential player base for this game is huge, major part of that is no here because there is no advertisements, there are no references anywhere, and the game is in beta (people just waiting out)

when this game is finished and released, there will be huge spike in player base, and most of this fresh players will come to the game in a state it is, they will have no knowledge of all iterations we went through, they will just play what they are presented with.

And most of you that whining and qqing that truly like space arcadish PvP simulator will come back to this game, there are no alternatives, and none are coming anytime soon, NO Star Citizen isn’t remotely the same game 

MMM…I smell the blood of a Funboy…

They increased the already painful grind to involve playing as ships you don’t want to play as, forcing the player to get that synergy up.

Why would you increase the grind? It only harms the new player, the old player already has his ships. If Star Conflict had a competitor, I don’t think even they could have made a worse patch for its playerbase and given it to us.

Cut the crap about 100 times more players when launched.

Open beta is just an excuse. If the game has cash shop and wont go through a wipe it is as good as released. It is free to register and play dont make it sound like only selected few tester plays the game. 

If a player is interested in this game they are already in the game, announcing it released the next day wont get new players at all.

Yes the game might have a boost in player numbers with every release of a patch, a new expansion but those are temporary. In 3 days you will see the exact same numbers of the previous week or lesser. 

You stick to a game if you feel you actually good at it.

It gives you a sense of accomplishment that is why you see all these newbie changes that newbies would stick to the game. What they don’t realize those players will leave even faster after seeing the trick pulled on them after noticing they haven’t actually accomplished anything and the game has nothing to offer skill wise. The increased number of players are here just to abuse the bubble gun and all other crazy staff the patch introduced and will be gone in couple days.

They will also lose the established players by making it a less skillful less objective based game in the process. 

U can play your main ships and than transfert the synergy (paying real money offcourse) … didn’t u notice that?

:stuck_out_tongue:

Anyway,I have no poroblem with that too actually … it’s good for me.

Just remove bubble sh!t and make weapons free for all ships.

(I think i’m gonna repeat this as a mathra in the next days)

I’d prefer to play Star Citizen as the devs look as if they actually care about their game… and don’t want to treat it as a money-making scheme but a proper space MMO.

That’s what SCon COULD have been like. But this patch? Heh, nope. Introduction of classes completely restricts what weapons I can use, the single-use modifications are an utter joke as they’ve lost every ounce of appeal they had, and the unlimited missiles has just made flares useless and just removed the tactical decision of: ‘do I use them now, or save them?’

U can play your main ships and than transfert the synergy (paying real money offcourse) … didn’t u notice that?

:stuck_out_tongue:

Anyway,I have no poroblem with that too actually … it’s good for me.

Just remove bubble sh!t and make weapons free for all ships.

(I think i’m gonna repeat this as a mathra in the next days)

Yeah you can, but lets say I’m rank 6 and I want to buy a jericho rank 6 ship.(assuming i’m rank 6 on jericho).

Now, if I hadn’t played jericho before on that ship line, i could have(in the past)

1. Bought a cash ship.

2. Paid every ship in that line to buy a that rank 6 jericho ship.

Now I have to 

1. Pay every ship in that line AND rank them all up.

its a pain in the xxxx for anyone who doesn’t already own that ship line or had credits saved up.

The pewpew laser that is now on inty overheats too quickly. I dont remember it was heating this fast when on my fighter, maybe it has something to do with gun amount ? Less weapons=faster overheats? :stuck_out_tongue:

Kinda like the new closerange lazer on fighter. Atleast its hurting real good for all the sacrifice of range. However why not pick bubble instead. if after all you have to dive in that near ?

Hail plasma had their firerate reduced with more dmg. It should be again in favor of fire-rate rather than dmg.

The speeding up lazor on frigate that fires faster overtime is also nice actually. Good for contributing dps against other frigates.

With the removal of weapon mods was gonna ask how to do Boss in Dock mission but then realized bubble(or ‘beachball’) is already turning everything into a joke in PvE

On a more serious note: Keep getting even more random Dc’s after the patch, but i guess thats me since nobody else complained. :stuck_out_tongue:

Random disconnects are just accepted now I think; they happen pretty much every patch for a day or so.