Star Conflict OBT v. 0.9.0 Discussion

here’s a great example to illustrate alpha damage calculations:

singularity fires 1 round every 1.333 seconds.

rail fires 1 round every 0.3 seconds

on the first shot, rail will do 615 damage (using my stats), singularity will do 2250. you just died

ok moving on, in 1.333 seconds singularity will fire 2 shots doing 4500 damage, rail will fire 5 shots in 1.2 secs = 3075 damage.

in 2.666 seconds, sing 3 shots = 6750, rail 10 in 2.7 = 6015. getting closer. still 15% dif, prob more equal at 4 sing shots.

might i remind you 4 sing shots will toast any inty, and pretty much any fighter at 50% or less shields.

not even counting missiles here… literally instapop if you use 1 of those…

not to mention these things are aoe and go thru almost everything.

If you get hit by 4 singularity shots in a row you’re a terrible pilot.

If you get hit by 4 singularity shots in a row you’re a terrible pilot.

Or you are in a Jericho/Empire Frigates :smiley:

Or you are in a Jericho/Empire Frigates :smiley:

Depends on a range enemy is shooting at you :slight_smile:

Depends on a range enemy is shooting at you :slight_smile:

If it’s <1000m… I’d say the afterburners are now required.

here’s a great example to illustrate alpha damage calculations:

singularity fires 1 round every 1.333 seconds.

rail fires 1 round every 0.3 seconds

on the first shot, rail will do 615 damage (using my stats), singularity will do 2250. you just died

ok moving on, in 1.333 seconds singularity will fire 2 shots doing 4500 damage, rail will fire 5 shots in 1.2 secs = 3075 damage.

in 2.666 seconds, sing 3 shots = 6750, rail 10 in 2.7 = 6015. getting closer. still 15% dif, prob more equal at 4 sing shots.

THANK YOU!

I was secretly waiting for someone to run those kinda numbers for meh hahaha (I’m bad at math, worse still - im a lazy bum)

ok here’s the dealio -

1. Rail has RoF which Singularities dont (duh)

When dealing with angular vectors RoF is you friend (ie. shooting inties close range)

• shot prediction is a subjective property so i won’t make a point for it here - but tangible enough to say it’s a consideration
  1. RoF also spreads your damage risk

Missing a single shot on Rails has less of a consequence than missing on Singularity

ie. you lose a huge chunk of DPS should the inty dodge a shot or you miss timed that beachball

thirdly

1. rail = kinetic

do the effective damage math… there alone it’ll make up the difference.

so considering hunter killers only commit once they see hulls you can cross out overall effective damage and just calc for hull time to kill numbers.

Summary:

Both guns do different jobs

Hence the idea behind class specific weapons

the fact that you can enter a cost benefit between these 2 weapons should dissuade OPBeachballs fanwagoners from actually going beyond

• Singularity needs hit animation and slow barrels.

all in all, these 2 guns are fine.

Gauss is fine as well

Ion - not so much

If it’s <1000m… I’d say the afterburners are now required.

If its <1000m and you are not a federation frig, I don’t think afterburners will help much

If its <1000m and you are not a federation frig, I don’t think afterburners will help much

Nope, you gonna feel the Paingularity cannon

Yep, <1000, you better pray for a miracle.

o5bta.jpg

Always Keep a Torpedo.

Always Keep a Torpedo.

that won’t save you from the singularities.

i always have 3 of them equipped :))

No, but “IF I DIE ! YOU DIE WITH MEH !” (Work 100%)

If there is not fighter, there are no singularities, simple as that :slight_smile:

If there is not fighter, there are no singularities, simple as that :slight_smile:

There are always singularities.

Changing subjects a bit. Is there any particular reason as to why there are so few match options in T4+? There is no Domination, I hardly ever see Detonation and at least half the time I see Realistic mode. Also, 90% of combat recon missions are in the same bloody map that most of the time devolves into WW1 trench warfare and poking from behind cover. 

Changing subjects a bit. Is there any particular reason as to why there are so few match options in T4+? There is no Domination, I hardly ever see Detonation and at least half the time I see Realistic mode. Also, 90% of combat recon missions are in the same bloody map that most of the time devolves into WW1 trench warfare and poking from behind cover. 

Realistic favours ESB and their ilk; the big corps suck at completing objectives, but are good at kills. A mission where killing is the point and opponents can’t respawn suits their tactics nicely.

Just a theory…

Realistic favours ESB and their ilk; the big corps suck at completing objectives, but are good at kills. A mission where killing is the point and opponents can’t respawn suits their tactics nicely.

Just a theory…

Well, ignoring opponents while playing objectives wont help at all.

Like a german soccer-trainer once said: “The game would be much less complicated without the other team”  :Dwop

that coach should never be made president… or allowed to have a driver’s license :stuck_out_tongue:

that coach should never be made president… or allowed to have a driver’s license :stuck_out_tongue:

German coaches are well known for saying stupid things. But those always give me a smile.