Star Conflict OBT v. 0.9.0 Discussion

The bonus is calculated vs. the base values - so yes, they stack in an additive rather than a multiplicative manner.

Which meant my previous Crus S build I was working on still had supernova heavy plasma projectiles travelling faster than base speed… Imagine it with booster circuits. 0_0

Almost falling off my chair laughing here.

Very simple:

100% = 1.

130% = 1.3.

I was under the impression that bonuses multiply, so:

1.30*1.35 = 1.755

1.755*1.50 = 2.6325

Therefore, 100*2.6325 = 263.25, which is the percentage increase.

First of all, in accordance with YOUR math, it would be a 163.25 percentage increase. I’ll leave the logic for you to figure out on your own.

Now for the actual numbers:

Base speed: 750m/s (T2), 863m/s (T3), 938 m/s (T4), 1013 m/s (T5).

Possible increases: T2 and up: booster circuit (35-50% at cost of 20% more spread) R6 implant (30% at cost of losing 50% more crit damage). No other bonuses available except for bonus on premium R9 tackler parallax.

So we have a base increase of 50%+30% across tiers at maximum, which requires a significant cash injection every game (most people including myself fly with mk1 and 35% bonus on plasma but w/e). Implant requires a massive damage sacrifice, especially for gunships with their aiming overcharge. Downsides are obvious.

Theorethical maximum:

T2: 750m/s*1.8= 1350m/s

T3: 863m/s*1.8=1553.4m/s

T3 parallax only: 863m/s*2.15=1855.5m/s

T4: 938m/s*1.8= 1688.4m/s

T5: 1013m/s*1.8=1823.4m/s

The actual real life usage in most cases (i.e. ESB squads et al, not losing massive amounts of damage or investing 15750 credits into booster every game at T5)

T2: 750m/s*1.35= 1012.5m/s

T3: 863m/s*1.35=1165.1m/s

T4: 938m/s*1.35= 1266.3m/s

T5: 1013m/s*1.35=1367.6m/s

Feel free to point out the problems with the math.

And in actual real life, engaging with weapon at more then 2 kilometers will result in missing every shot against everyone but facetanks who facetank everything and refuse to dodge, probably because it’s against their religion. Then there’s the fact that weapon’s optimal range is actually only about 2 kilometers without horizon modules in the first place.

And is not affected by explosion damage reducing implant too.

Anything else?

Meant for use against targets with approximately 6-8 times less survivability?

First of all, in accordance with YOUR math, it would be a 163.25 percentage increase. I’ll leave the logic for you to figure out on your own.

Hmm… Yes. 163.25%. That’s something that always catches me out.

Now for the actual numbers:

Base speed: 750m/s (T2), 863m/s (T3), 938 m/s (T4), 1013 m/s (T5).

Possible increases: T2 and up: booster circuit (35-50% at cost of 20% more spread) R6 implant (30% at cost of losing 50% more crit damage). No other bonuses available except for bonus on premium R9 tackler parallax.

So we have a base increase of 50%+30% across tiers at maximum, which requires a significant cash injection every game (most people including myself fly with mk1 and 35% bonus on plasma but w/e). Implant requires a massive damage sacrifice, especially for gunships with their aiming overcharge. Downsides are obvious.

Theorethical maximum:

T2: 750m/s*1.8= 1350m/s

T3: 863m/s*1.8=1553.4m/s

T3 parallax only: 863m/s*2.15=1855.5m/s

T4: 938m/s*1.8= 1688.4m/s

T5: 1013m/s*1.8=1823.4m/s

The actual real life usage in most cases (i.e. ESB squads et al, not losing massive amounts of damage or investing 15750 credits into booster every game at T5)

T2: 750m/s*1.35= 1012.5m/s

T3: 863m/s*1.35=1165.1m/s

T4: 938m/s*1.35= 1266.3m/s

T5: 1013m/s*1.35=1367.6m/s

Feel free to point out the problems with the math.

Nope, not arguing with that. That’s fine.

EDIT: The projectile speed bonuses per Tier weren’t that bright of an idea.

And in actual real life, engaging with weapon at more then 2 kilometers will result in missing every shot against everyone but facetanks who facetank everything and refuse to dodge, probably because it’s against their religion. Then there’s the fact that weapon’s optimal range is actually only about 2 kilometers without horizon modules in the first place.

This isn’t real life. The pilots in this game are suffering in excess of 20G if their ships simulate gravity, which according to this they do. Needless to say, this makes for the small problem of the pilot dying as soon as he accelerates.

Meant for use against targets with approximately 6-8 times less survivability?

Using ‘an eighth of’ or ‘a sixth of’ is better here, really. What you’re saying really translates into ‘meant for use against targets with 600 to 800% less survivability’.

This isn’t real life. The pilots in this game are suffering in excess of 20G if their ships simulate gravity, which according to this they do. Needless to say, this makes for the small problem of the pilot dying as soon as he accelerates.

You have got to be kidding me, he meant in a normal battle you will never hit anything with a singularity cannon at 2km away, unless they refuse to dodge, and in that case, he had it coming. Not real life physics, are you actually trolling?

Which meant my previous Crus S build I was working on still had supernova heavy plasma projectiles travelling faster than base speed… Imagine it with booster circuits. 0_0

I can tell you right now… It’s VERY fast.

other news from the front:

it does indeed take approx 15 hours to rank r6-r9 in one faction.

so exactly as i predicted. 24-30 days, playing on average 2 hours a day, 3 hours max. but we can’t all be be me…

so 2 months give or take to level T3, get to R10. 3.5-4 months for T4s, to R12. maybe 6-7/8 months for R15s.

that’s not every single ship, but 80-90% of them.

seems a bit excessive as i said before. about 20-30%, shouldn’t be more than 6 months for that. T4s shouldn’t take more than 3 months, for sure.

this is for a casual player. excessive players, different story…

although, thinking back to the previous idea of capping the # of hours that provide rewards, to prevent excessive farming if progression is made easier for more users:

it might effectively create a lower game population if the rewards are simply cut off completely.

so maybe reduce the levelling requirements by 20-30%, but also make the penalty 50% after 4 hours of game time each day.

unless i already mentioned this. the point being, not to make it 0%.

or as one video put it, make the ‘after 4 hours’ the normal ‘rate’, and the first 4 hours a ‘bonus’… or ‘reward’ lmao ;p

+35% projectiles speed with plasma and Railguns ----> Removed !

People should phear teh Assrail

1376481352-bbbparralaxwithr6jericho.png

JOdqAqA.jpg

I love the description : A Balanced Railgun for medium distance

I love the description : A Balanced Railgun for medium distance

Let’s be fair, both descriptions are accurate…

People should phear teh Assrail

JOdqAqA.jpg

For the record, a lot of ESB gunships now fly with assault rails. I fly with them on on-off basis as well, they’re much more of an all-rounder weapon than singularity and give you a really good feeling of visibly putting up a stream of metal into someone’s face.

4050 m/s at T5 without any buff.

For the record, a lot of ESB gunships now fly with assault rails. I fly with them on on-off basis as well, they’re much more of an all-rounder weapon than singularity and give you a really good feeling of visibly putting up a stream of metal into someone’s face.

They also have a deceptively long range. 

4050 m/s at T5 without any buff.

Yup. And more actual DPS than singularity cannon as they do not need as much accuracy at range and their heat up/cool down period is much more forgiving.

But you don’t see people complain about it because it’s hard not to see a rain of metal coming in your face. It makes you WANT to dodge it, even for the dumbest facetank. And that is why we need more visibility for singularity.

lolwut, I only see singularities coming from ESB squads.

here’s a great example to illustrate alpha damage calculations:

singularity fires 1 round every 1.333 seconds.

rail fires 1 round every 0.3 seconds

on the first shot, rail will do 615 damage (using my stats), singularity will do 2250. you just died

ok moving on, in 1.333 seconds singularity will fire 2 shots doing 4500 damage, rail will fire 5 shots in 1.2 secs = 3075 damage.

in 2.666 seconds, sing 3 shots = 6750, rail 10 in 2.7 = 6015. getting closer. still 15% dif, prob more equal at 4 sing shots.

might i remind you 4 sing shots will toast any inty, and pretty much any fighter at 50% or less shields.

not even counting missiles here… literally instapop if you use 1 of those…

not to mention these things are aoe and go thru almost everything.

here’s a great example to illustrate alpha damage calculations:

singularity fires 1 round every 1.333 seconds.

rail fires 1 round every 0.3 seconds

on the first shot, rail will do 615 damage (using my stats), singularity will do 2250. you just died

ok moving on, in 1.333 seconds singularity will fire 2 shots doing 4500 damage, rail will fire 5 shots in 1.2 secs = 3075 damage.

in 2.666 seconds, sing 3 shots = 6750, rail 10 in 2.7 = 6015. getting closer. still 15% dif, prob more equal at 4 sing shots.

might i remind you 4 sing shots will toast any inty, and pretty much any fighter at 50% or less shields.

not even counting missiles here… literally instapop if you use 1 of those…

not to mention these things are aoe and go thru almost everything.

Not to mention that main tanking property of an interceptor and some fighters is agility/dodge, that you have completely dropped from your equations.

Here is a good example:

I will take 1 shot from Ak 47 to kill a fly, how many shots does it take to kill a fly from AK 47 in real life?

Not to mention that main tanking property of an interceptor and some fighters is agility/dodge, that you have completely dropped from your equations.

Here is a good example:

I will take 1 shot from Ak 47 to kill a fly, how many shots does it take to kill a fly from AK 47 in real life?

1 shot is completely possible. The odds are just stacked against it.

Also worth mentioning that BBBs come from unexpected vectors leaving you unable to dodge the first shot.

Here is a good example:

Use a singularity cannon, the radius can’t miss the fly.