Star Conflict OBT v.0.11.5 Discussion

Ah, hello Sod’s Law! I was wondering when you’d show your ugly face again!

I bought two new ships today. Now it turns out I could have got them for 50% off if I’d waited!

Never buy on a Friday.  I took advantage of the 400:1GS synergy transfer and ran out of credits after five ships!  I need credits for R15 on Feds!!!

It’s a bit late to mention it, but the sale is the only reason I could afford the invasion premium pack! Buying the ship on sale and then buying the pack was cheaper than just buying the pack by about 1000 gs. Hurrah for smart shopping!

Yeah, it’s the same with casual bundles.

Buy 3 premiums with 50% + the stickers alone cost less.

Yeah, it’s the same with casual bundles.

Buy 3 premiums with 50% + the stickers alone cost less.

Just for conversation but do you guys think developers will ever incorporate craft modules from players into the game?

I’m not just talking about mine but others as well.

I don’t think they’ve ever incorporated player feedback into the game that didn’t come from their closed-beta Russian pilots.

Perhaps we should get them to give us a list of what feedback they’ve acquired and actually used from each area.

The biggest part of the list would probably be the bugs. Although a Russian might have already reported the bug and the developers didn’t pay attention to any of our bugs.

I understand that they need to develop the game but I wish there was more communication between English-speaking players and developers. At least 30 minutes everyday.

I don’t think they’ve ever incorporated player feedback into the game that didn’t come from their closed-beta Russian pilots.

We got the Hydra 2->Styx link.  That link is why I don’t have a Cerberus.  I don’t know how common the begging for colors and stickers was on the Russian forums.

Okay, we got that. But we didn’t get a rebalanced ship tree, we didn’ get the LRF reworked, we didn’t get more customisation, we didn’t get the premium gear priced fairly, we didn’t get 2-man matchmaking balanced the way we asked for… All the stuff that really matters to people gets ignored. Hydra 2 → Styx was essentially a fluke.

Well, who asked to remove LRF?

They need tweaks, not to be removed.

Okay, didn’t word that as well as I should have. I meant to say “reworked”. You can’t deny there are a LOT of complaints about the LRF, from their core mechanics to the reverse thruster idiocy. This has gone on pretty much since the class rework, and the Devs won’t even acknowledge that people are getting pissed off by this class.

I’m fine with LRF. RT just needs to be tweaked.

Edit: Anyone know the help file path? You know in the local disk.

Anyone else notice they spelt Dreadnought wrong in the PVE scenario “Captured Dreadnaught”? (they spelt it with an a which is wrong)

Anyone else notice they spelt Dreadnought wrong in the PVE scenario “Captured Dreadnaught”? (they spelt it with an a which is wrong)

I did notice that immediately. However, issue still exist.

There are some spelling mistakes in contracts as well that I am also aware of.

I did notice that immediately. However, issue still exist.

There are some spelling mistakes in contracts as well that I am also aware of.

Please use the bug report forum to report bugs.

Please use the bug report forum to report bugs.

Or the weird control-alt-shift-tilde for in game translation assistance.

Let’s not forget the enduring question of server designation in invasion.  Like I said before I was rudely deleted - it will take a few months for them to get back to us, if at all.  That’s not meant to be inflammatory, just truthful. 

Yesterday I received my first response to a thread I posted at the end of May asking to let us browse the ship tree while in the queue (not make changes, just browse to break the monotony of waiting for a match.)  and you know what the response was?

"Hello,

the suggestion is already known:)"

Now, that’s progress!  After over 2 moths we now know that they know.  How do I file a bug report for delayed response time?

[http://forum.star-conflict.com/index.php?/topic/23292-let-us-brows-ship-tree-while-in-queue/](< base_url >/index.php?/topic/23292-let-us-brows-ship-tree-while-in-queue/)

It’s true about the US players being pretty much ignored, and most of the responses we get seem to be crafted only to placate us.  I would say the major issue in SC (especially in terms of retaining players) is the lack of response from the devs, and the mods deleting our posts when they don’t like our observations and criticisms.

Most of the advise I get from friends is to ignore these aspects of the game and just have fun, rather than beat my head against a wall. But, I can’t help myself.   

SC team, please read these comments as objectively as possible.  Your community is dwindling, and we are giving you the reasons why.  The ball is in your court. 

Don’t know about you guys but you can’t get a match on USA server anymore. Except for 1 hour every afternoon (for me 8-9PM EST). After that, it’s 100% on the Russian server and it lags to hell for me. Impossible to fly in a straight line let alone shoot anything. A couple Brazil players I chatted to say it’s even worse for them. 300 - 400 ping and I don’t blame them for quitting matches.

Abandoned complex is nice. It’s a lag machine though. It would be fun with more than 10-15 FPS but they killed it by going overboard with the graphics. The map could have been good but they ruined it for everyone without a $3000 graphics card. Big thumbs down on the new map.

Don’t know about you guys but you can’t get a match on USA server anymore. Except for 1 hour every afternoon (for me 8-9PM EST). After that, it’s 100% on the Russian server and it lags to hell for me. Impossible to fly in a straight line let alone shoot anything. A couple Brazil players I chatted to say it’s even worse for them. 300 - 400 ping and I don’t blame them for quitting matches.

Abandoned complex is nice. It’s a lag machine though. It would be fun with more than 10-15 FPS but they killed it by going overboard with the graphics. The map could have been good but they ruined it for everyone without a $3000 graphics card. Big thumbs down on the new map.

My card is just 160 € worth (2 years ago, today it will be cheaper) and I have 60 FPS in the new map. You don’t need a TITAN Z to play this game…