Star Conflict OBT v.0.11.5 Discussion

Yeah same here. These are people with integrated video cards for which the game ran ok so far, and now it doesn’t. The new map stretches those resources a bit. It’s still a praise to the guys that created the game’s engine, since it looks cool and runs on most integrated video cards… 

After that, it’s 100% on the Russian server and it lags to hell for me.

ru servers can even lag with 70-80 ping for me more, than US with 200, since sometimes they seem to be overwhelmed (could also be their network connections); especially since sometimes i get variable ping. at the same time, even as eu player, i land more on ru servers lately.

In EU however, my only problems are still not SC related, sometimes IPv4 across europe seems to take crazy routes, ending in pings spiking up to the hundreds and going back down to the usual 30s i have on eu. But this affects most other apps too, which use explicitly ipv4 connections.

thankfully however, these problems are not persistent most of the time.

Abandoned complex is nice. It’s a lag machine though. It would be fun with more than 10-15 FPS but they killed it by going overboard with the graphics. The map could have been good but they ruined it for everyone without a $3000 graphics card. Big thumbs down on the new map.

i have no problems with my 200 bucks card, which is couple years old now (probably not worth a hundred now), but yeah, integrated graphics might be overwhelmed by the structure. maybe they can optimize it somehow in the future; but basicly i like the cleaner older maps more, and hope they add more of those too, i bet you can do a lot more with simple arrangement of asteroids / new color patterns and textures. i personally miss something else than blue/white and orange/red/black. i do however love the bright sunny skybox of the new map, but i also would love to see some dark spacy backround.

maybe in the future, map selection could be integrated better once the MM allows it, because i also don’t want them to stop building more complex maps, just to keep it running on an intel laptop. but it definitely adds to the value of the game, that it really needs very little resources to look really beautiful, i agree to that.

Abandoned complex is nice. It’s a lag machine though. It would be fun with more than 10-15 FPS but they killed it by going overboard with the graphics. The map could have been good but they ruined it for everyone without a $3000 graphics card. Big thumbs down on the new map.

my graphics card is about 300 quid (600 bucks) and i get 300 fps on it

my graphics card is about 300 quid (600 bucks) and i get 300 fps on it

Mine is 100 Euros, but I have 30fps.

I need a better processor, always running at 100% when playing the game. :frowning:

My life is cool isn’t it ?

My life is cool isn’t it ?

I don’t know about your life, but I’m sure your processor’s is very very hot. :slight_smile:

Oh my… i still have Ati HD 4850 (it’s not even 30-40€, hell you can’t find it new anymore) from 2008 and i have 190 fps in hangars and 120 in game, new map 60-80, sometimes drop to “red” which is annoying but it’s a second. (ye low-med settings)

I’m running a GeForce 7900 GTO at 40 FPS average with minimum graphics, and slightly boosted resolution. Benchmark on this thing is somewhere around 200. It’s terrible.  :fed_lol: Cost me $20 from a clearance bargain bin. It doesn’t support Shader 3.0, but it does play Skyrim. Somehow.

#RecentCollegeGrad  #DebtSux