Star Conflict OBT v.0.11.5 Discussion

Guess I was just out of luck. I played a bunch of T2 matches but never got the new map.

i had the map just that one time. seems it appears rarely

played it once in T3 yesterday.

i love the new map.

played it once in T3 yesterday.

i love the new map.

same here :smiley: had a cb recon in t3, much fun. frigballs didn’t really work because of the tight spaces in the middle and any frig wandering outside got melted pretty quick by all the fighters / intys (12v12)

New map looks good, but for us that do not have good pcs playing in that map is a little bit difficult. FPS goes from an average of 30 to 17 and if you add the packet losses in russian servers it is an absolute nightmare to fly in that map.

what i like about the new map is frigballs fail completely which is really nice. people actually have to use a mix of ships instead of all going guard/lrf in team battle/cb recon. only criticism is to lengthen the tube structure so it takes longer to get to the middle. some games spawn camping happens because the spawns are quite close to each other (it is usually when the enemy team uses all frigs, they get trapped in their own spawn) but all in all very nice map, i like the small enclosed spaces to fly in, it pays off trying to avoid crashing into everything and i think it will be a nice training map to improve movement skills. if it was adapted for domination that would be nice but to be honest i think it is too small of a map for that

The fact is, if you push to hard, you will literraly finish in the Ennemy Spawn.

It took me 10 seconds to understand why I had 12 players in range of my Pulsar xD

widen the girth of the new abandoned complex…

When I took a look into the map (I used custom battle, don’t judge me) I found  that the map seems to really channel all of the players into the same tunnel. Great oppurtunities for J-LRF’s as you can hide elsewhere outside of the debris, but if someone comes looking for you then you’ll really have nowhere to hide.

*realiises that the last map we got for pvp we all complanied that it was too big*

:fed014:  :01414:  :014j:

I think the issue lies with the Dev team being too clever for their own good.

For example, one of my favourite maps remains Ice Reef because it is small enough that frigates can actually take part in the game, rather than just watching interceptors play from a distance, yet it is also varied and complex enough that fast ships can roam around the edges, weave through terrain and generally do their thing without fear of having LRFs tracking them every inch of the way.

The newer maps all focus on huge, visually impressive battle areas, but this is terrible for frigates and slow fighters because it means having to slowly plod through empty space, thus making it “go inty or go home” style of play. So they put Warp Gates in, but this just means that anyone who didn’t bring a 500+ m/s Interceptor is restricted to flying a very narrow path.

This new map appears to have similar issues with spectacle over function. Most of the map is empty, and the only terrain is a long, narrow corridor that does not allow proper dodging or evasion. As such, like with the above Warp Gate maps, your real options are hugely limited.

Return to Ice Reef, and you’ll see your options are plentiful. The direct-line routes from spawn to centre, or beacon to beacon tend to be quite exposed, but even a slight deviation will grant you cover. As such, even slow ships can make cautious approaches to their target. Moreover, taking the long way round is likewise encouraged, whereas the new maps punish that kind of play. 

Once again, this game would benefit from being used as a beta. Uncharted 3’s multiplayer had special maps where Naughty Dog made “test” maps - everything was made up of rectangles, flat colours and clearly marked interactive elements (climbable ledges, walls you can take cover on, etc) that looked rough and unfinished, but had the advantage of allowing players to test how a map played without said map being finished.

This game could really benefit from that. Test maps, made with stand-in assets and released unfinished with the express purpose of gathering feedback, would result in better maps. Since purely cosmetic elements would be ignored and the only feedback is about how the map plays, the result is that the devs can get a map players enjoy for its mechanics and play options, and then craft something that looks exciting onto that blueprint.

New map is awesome, maybe make it a little bit more stretched, but other wise it is awesome, plenty of cover, used pretty much every single role on it, outside from full time snipers, this map is great for everything, Even adaptive tanked Fed guards, it is a matter of knowing where you are actually flying and ability to not get disoriented in a tight space, takes a little time to get use to, but after that it is just great.

make the diameter of the complex bigger. It is extremely hard to navigate in any tormentor without crashing. The map is extremely laggy for me and i get 13 fps

make the diameter of the complex bigger. It is extremely hard to navigate in any tormentor without crashing. The map is extremely laggy for me and i get 13 fps

the problem is not a tormentor, but your 13 fps

Maybe it’s pushing PvE players to Invasion.  The game’s current PvE is not a selling point, it’s pure grind of “do this and that and get your credits.”  It lacks a lot of creativity and randomness which invasion adds, yet still keeps the grind possibilities.

The hate on PvE players is solely based on those who play mainly PvE and not PvP so never learn how to play PvP.  T5 PvE players can lose against T2 PvP players since the T2 PvP players know more about PvP.  Those T2 PvP players probably lose at PvE a lot as well.

PvE = consistent synergy gains. Why would I NOT want to do that during off-peak hours, or when I’m consistently out-classed by the current pilots queuing.

Someone should really tweak the MM times for Sector Conquest. over 8 NASA players waited about 20-30 min and there was not a single game.

Most players shy away from no-win situations. I personally won’t try more than twice if I know I’m going to get slaughtered. The only thing I learn from dying quickly is to avoid the situation until I get better ships/equipment.

New map is cool, but my main gripe is that PVE queues are murder now.

Was about to post a screenshot of a 15 minute queue time but telling to join in from global chat fixed it.

i can play fine at 20 fps. i’m accustomed to it

Can someone please confirm that they broke the pve again? I used all t3 and got shoved into a t2 match which gave me 100K rather than the old 200K for t2.

I need help grinding. Badly. 6.4 million badly. Actually 8.6 million now that I unlocked that f****** cerberus.

i can play fine at 20 fps. i’m accustomed to it

there is a huge difference betweem 13 and 20

PvE = consistent synergy gains. Why would I NOT want to do that during off-peak hours, or when I’m consistently out-classed by the current pilots queuing.

If you’re looking at farming synergy as reliably as possible, take your ships to T1 PvE unless they’ve changed it.  You won’t get the credits to afford a ship but you can get the synergy.

I get 20fps on the new map, but since I have Intel integrated graphics it sends my ping to five times what it should be for an American server so it becomes unplayable.

I get 20fps on the new map, but since I have Intel integrated graphics it sends my ping to five times what it should be for an American server so it becomes unplayable.

I have an FPS drop as well, 80-90 ->40-50, but on rare occasions some maps like dreadnought debris or iridium strand would drop to 50 for me as well