Star Conflict OBT v.0.11.3 Discussion

Why do I never run into bugged guards? :stuck_out_tongue: Or probably I am, no way to know that heā€™s running pulsar if itā€™s bugged I guess.

Why do I never run into bugged guards? :stuck_out_tongue: Or probably I am, no way to know that heā€™s running pulsar if itā€™s bugged I guess.

Ā 

Okay GG well played Improved Pulsar : If the Emergency Barrier trigger, You are now immune to the remaining time on the Pulsar !

Ā 

Edit : The pulsar is probably also impacted by the R14 Empire Implant.Ā 

Okay GG well played Improved Pulsar : If the Emergency Barrier trigger, You are now immune to the remaining time on the Pulsar !

Not confirmed, just tested it to make sure.

Ā 

Edit : The pulsar is probably also impacted by the R14 Empire Implant.

Wasnā€™t it always? Pulsar is a debuff, so it gets canceled by the implant, thatā€™s working as intended.

Anyway, can confirm that the implant currently does cancel the pulsar debuff. Just one of the reasons I use that implant.

Wasnā€™t it always? Pulsar is a debuff. Anyway, can confirm that it currently is. Just one of the reasons I use that implant.

Ā 

Ā 

Dunno, Now suddently, Random Ceptors / Fighters stop receiving dammages from the pulsar for no Reason O_Oā€™

Last time that was when a Ceptors was No shield / Mid Hull and *BAM* Pulsar is on strike ! And my Pulsar was pointing its little middle finger at me

Well, maybe people just start to wisen up on imlants and donā€™t go all FR14 anymore (never understood the appeal of that implant anyway). If youā€™re unsure post up a log or PM me one and I can take a look, hard to say otherwise.

Why would they remove it? RT is only for long-range, and give them finally a way to go in/follow the beacon without dying.

Ā 

Thatā€™s not how a LR should work, thatā€™s why the module itā€™s wrong. Giving mobility to a LRF is like making a module on a cov ops that make it insanely tanky.

Thatā€™s not how a LR should work, thatā€™s why the module itā€™s wrong. Giving mobility to a LRF is like making a module on a cov ops that make it insanely tanky.

They donā€™t need a module, since they canā€™t use correctly there mobility, they need to have free resistance against explosion.

The thing is that usually in those rock-paper-scissor concepts that we have in gaming there always needs to be a trade-off. However (empire) LRF have the highest range, the highest DPS, invulnerability to targeted debuffs (under perma-EM field) and with the RT and its instant activation also the best escape mechanism. Where is the trade-off?

Where is the trade-off?

Ā 

They make their users look cheap

They make their users look cheap

I wanted to agree but then I took your A1MA to the knee. :wink:

I wanted to agree but then I took your A1MA to the knee. :wink:

Ā 

:004j:

Ā 

I havent used it since I started getting a permanent 20% packet loss on RU servers. Well Iā€™m not able to play any interceptor at all.

You still have that issue? Damn, sucks. Iā€™m still generally ok, but did have packet loss during the 2 or 3 games I played yesterday. :confused:

You still have that issue? Damn, sucks. Iā€™m still generally ok, but did have packet loss during the 2 or 3 games I played yesterday. :confused:

Ā 

Yes, I do, I tried yesterday playing T5 with Eviscerador queuing only for EU, but got RU games anyway, out of frustration after 4 games I stopped.Ā 

Yes, I do, I tried yesterday playing T5 with Eviscerador queuing only for EU, but got RU games anyway, out of frustration after 4 games I stopped.

What my tools call ā€œRU 4ā€ server is the one thatā€™s bad for me usually. The devs might not even know because they do not log this correctly. During the battle yesterday:

Ā 

00:53:34.985 WARNING| client: packet loss last second 38.7%

00:53:34.991 WARNING| client: packet loss last second 36.4%

00:53:35.021 WARNING| client: packet loss last second 35.2%

Summary at the end:

01:02:56.229 | client: avgPing 58.4/15.4; avgPacketLoss 0.0/0.0% ; avgSnapshotLoss 0.7/1.9%

Maybe Iā€™ll add a packet loss summary to the log analyzer to see if it can be pinned to specific servers for everyone?

What my tools call ā€œRU 4ā€ server is the one thatā€™s bad for me usually. The devs might not even know because they do not log this correctly. During the battle yesterday:

Ā 

Summary at the end:

Maybe Iā€™ll add a packet loss summary to the log analyzer to see if it can be pinned to specific servers for everyone?

Ā 

Anything you can add that can be helpful for people is very welcomeĀ  :005j:

Ā 

Summary at the end:

I have send you a pm regarding this.

Regarding the Nerf Guard :

Ā 

It appeard that, as usual, the nerfs have small or no impact on the guard distribution due to multiple factors.

And everytime, this kind of nerfs are based on short term solution and long term solution are never planned.Ā 

Ā 

The accumulation of short term solution, based on high Tier observation lead to nerf that are impacting lower tiers / Ships when it should not.

Ā 

1. Gameplay Distinction :

Ā 

One of the main factor is the complete absence of Gameplay (also know under the name ā€œFactionā€) distinction.

Technically, they have the same role, share the same modules but do not have the Same Gameplay ! And until this distinction will be done, when this role will be buffed, one of them will receive an higher buff Ā than the other(Federation), and when a nerf will have to be done, one of them will receive an harder nerf than the other (Jericho).Ā 

Ā 

There is also the question of the ā€œShip Designā€.

Why the hell, Federation Guards are cumulating Tanking / Damages Bonus when they already have acces to Hull / Shield / Mobility tanking?

Ā 

I really want to know the official reason regarding this. (Or maybe Devs just hate Jericho Guards / Prefer Fed Guards)

Ā 

Can you just take in Consideration, the fact that Jericho and Federation Guards are not the same?

Everytime you try to balance something unbalanced regarding the guard, you never take this in consideration.

Ā 

Ā 

2. Reasons behind the amount of Guards

Ā 

I really wonder if this question appears when balance change are made.

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Hull durability increased by 5%
Shield volume increased by 3%

This kind of buff (on all the Jericho Guard / Obt v0.11.1) is not what made Guards Op.

So I decided to search throught the old patchnotes, what could be the reasons :

Ā 

NĀ°1 :

The weapons that are not fitting with the design.

The main problem is linked to the phase shield (even if some players forgot that they can swap it).

The +25% damages is simply not fitting with the Weapons mechanics (sometime its snowballing too much, and sometime not enough).

Ā 

Add to this the fact that Heavy Blaster does not have Slow barrel anymore. And this, is a true problem with the guard.

Add to this with the change on the Coil Mortar, and you have another problem with the guard.

Ā 

NĀ°2 :

The Modules, with low upgrade level canā€™t, at the difference of other ships, have a true impact.

Leading to the fact that 1 Guard with Mk1-Mk2 modules is not enough. While others modules have a true impact (lower than upgraded). (You still reduce Regeneration by 50% with Mk1 Spy drone, you still prevent afterburner with mk1 Inhbitor Beam, the Ion Diffuser still stunlock and disable modules ectect).

During this time, a Mk1(T3) Signature Masking have 1400m range and 11.4% damages reduction.

Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā Mk1(T3) Pulsar have 800m range and 7763 damages in 12 secondes

Ā 

The case of the ā€œMass Propulsion Inhibitorā€(MPI) is a little bit special, this module have too much range and a too long duration time. (Especially with the fact itā€™s anhilitating the Adaptive Shield tanking / Mobility Tanking if you donā€™t have any Multipurpose module combined with the correct implant).

For a Mk1 (T3) module, 1800m range and a duration of 15 secondes , itā€™s too much. (Be serious on this one).

Ā 

Leading to the problem that 1 Guard is not enough and players take more than it should be to do the same as what one guard completly fitted can do.

Ā 

NĀ°3 :

The Fitting / Progressing Curve.

This is a true problem. The fact you improve your modules / ships modifiers from Mk1-Mk2 to Mk3-Mk4 completly change the gameplay of Guards, but in general itā€™s really impacting more the Jericho Guards than the Federation (Mobility).

Combine this with the problem mentionned in NĀ°2 and you have what the Abuse of Guards nearly 1 year ago legs to the New Players.

Ā 

Ā 

Due to the Malus imposed by the Phase Shield on the Shield Resistance (-30 to all Resistance), a new player that want to play a guard will be punished. (The module range is lower as well as the resistance, making the guard a ship really harder to play compared to other ships with the same ā€œFitting Levelā€.

Ā 

NĀ°4 :

The lack of specifics Ships / Bonus rebalance

Throught the evolution of the game, Ships are buffed / Nerfed regarding a certain logic focused on ā€œFightersā€ (which is normal, a fleet composition, must turn around Fighters and Frigates + Interceptors come to improve the amount of solutions/dynamics around this fleet core).

Unfortunatly, for the Guards, this bonus / malus are remaining the same unregarding what game mechanics were introduced during the year. (Even with the Shield Rebalance).

First, they are called Guards, but for what? They donā€™t have any bonus for ā€œGuardingā€ objectives (beacons, EM-Bomb, Captain ectect).

In fact they have Malus (Hitbox, easy to pewpew, random shoot that hit it when they are trying to get a beacon capture).

While during this time, Interceptors litterally have a bonus remaining them they have to play the objectives.

And during this time Guards have a ā€œ+20% bonus to the Capacitor Sizeā€ *Party Hard!!! WUUBWUUBWUUB*

Ā 

NĀ°5 :

The Power Of Numbers !

Yeah, of course, we also have to speak about a certain data named ā€œSURVAVIBILITYā€.

I donā€™t know why, but this is for sure, one of the fact that lead to anormal amount of guard.

Especially when what is displayed is not the true survavibility of a ship. (No I will no explain why. Because) ā† Explanation Award 2014.

The Survavibility design is a good idea but does not take in account all the important values (Mobility, Hitbox Size, Energy, Special Modules ectect).

Most of the Guard players (the most inexperimented) will thinks that : "frigate + Big Number = Ultimateshipofthedoomedarmageddonoftheapocalyspeslayerofnoobandbaneofunskilledmakingyouatrueroxxorofdagameforthedsr"

ā€¦

ā€¦

ā€¦

NO! ā† Second nomined to the explanation award 2014.

Ā 

Ā 

I will stop here cause Iā€™m too lazy to always re-explain the same things everytime. It became usual.

And I didnā€™t even explained how the DPS output / Range from a certain ship which is particulary annoying (Broken for more than 1 year) could lead to the unusual amount of guards we can see right now.

I think itā€™s mainly your #5 combined with easy accessbility via PVE grind - be a new player, play your t2 pve, see a t5 guard with (previously) perma-pulsar come in and wtfpwnbbq everything, want to play one as well.

And frankly, in particular against inexperienced interceptor players, guards are lulzy. As you know, I recently synergized an Anaconda-M in T3, and quadruple kills werenā€™t exactly rare on that thing. Still not my class of ships, but was fun being on the other end of the power curve for once. Compared to interceptor game play itā€™s an extremely relaxed style of play. Thatā€™ll be part of the appeal as well (even more so for LRF, of course).

As to the ship bonuses, they never made sense. fed t5 guard has the tank + range bonuses although it already has the mobility (and +speed on top) and youā€™d expect just those bonuses on the jerry r15 guard instead, which has nothing all that useful in comparison. That is not guard specific, however. Ship bonuses often appear random instead of consciously placed throughout much of the trees.

I think itā€™s mainly your #5 combined with easy accessbility via PVE grind - be a new player, play your t2 pve, see a t5 guard with (previously) perma-pulsar come in and wtfpwnbbq everything, want to play one as well.

Ā 

005j.png so true

I havenā€™t yet used reverse thruster, but thereā€™s a module to make an LRF more effective than an almost afk bot and itā€™s not a good thing?