Star Conflict OBT v.0.11.3 Discussion

[Update content](< base_url >/index.php?/topic/23796-star-conflict-obt-v0113/)

Improved Pulsar module

Now it starts recharging when the effect ends

The end to my PvE horde fighting in t5 guards… :fed014:

To make fights with interceptors easier, we also increased accuracy for  Pulse Lasers :

Weapon scatter reduced by 50%

Lol with this,frigs will be trolled even more than before.

This update got me my mind in a whole different place. Don’t know if I should like this or not. #TheFeels

You… You mean no infinite pulsar in PvE? :008j:

I don’t understand the microwarp flag logic. If only one had station protection, the victim doesn’t recieve the criminal flag, but if they both do, they victim does? I’m not sure that makes sense.

To make fights with interceptors easier, we also increased accuracy for Pulse Lasers:

omg

yeahalex…

You… You mean no infinite pulsar in PvE? :008j:

I don’t understand the microwarp flag logic. If only one had station protection, the victim doesn’t recieve the criminal flag, but if they both do, they victim does? I’m not sure that makes sense.

Seems like it,a bad end to a pve player like me lol.

Observer chat

A separate chat channel is created for observers

Observers can’t send messages to either team’s chat

Does this include /tell private message as well?

Т1: 15 degrees per second

T1 torpedo LRF? where is it?

Need to try but, as gunship player i don’t think they need an upgrade like that. 

Anyway, change in A1MA reloading time and pulse laser’s accuracy: sounds really bad… 

Gunship

The gunship’s problem was the long cooldown time of its role module Ship Overcharge. However, reducing this time could make the ship too strong.

This is why we decided to shorten the module’s work cycle:

Effect duration reduced by 33%, to 8 seconds

Module cooldown reduced by 33%, to 40 seconds

And none of its role modules (like crit module) were adjusted accordingly, I assume? Not sure how much this will change how I fly gunships since I usually wait for all my modules to be up and ready to use. Just means less time to unleash the fury.

Tackler

Practice shows that invisibility is often used to avoid battle rather than stage a surprise attack.

That’s why we decided to stimulate the aggressiveness of tackler pilots:

When ODG Chameleon stops working, weapon damage is increased by 20% for 5 seconds

Lawl, because Tacklers are meant to do damage. . . funny. I will continue to use cloak as an exit strategy rather than entrance. Sneaking up on ships without cloak is easy enough, getting out is another thing. So this is a rather silly buff for me at least.

Command

By looking through the stats, we came to the conclusion that Diffusion shield is not good enough on higher ranks, and as a result Command ships lose their appeal for high-rank pilots…

To solve this problem we differentiated the module’s effectiveness on various ranks:

Т1: 1 energy pts. can absorb 7 damage pts.

Т2: 1 energy pts. can absorb 8 damage pts.

Т3: 1 energy pts. can absorb 9 damage pts.

Т4: 1 energy pts. can absorb 11 damage pts.

Т5: 1 energy pts. can absorb 13 damage pts.

We also tweaked the Valkyrie System module

Now it affects the host ship and allies differently

Damage increase for the host ship is now at 23-38% depending on rank and module version

Damage increase for allied ships is now at 13-23% depending on rank and module version

Can’t wait to try the massively buffed Diff. tank on my Aura. And not sure about Valkyrie changes. I used it as a personal attack buff anyways, especially with Ions.

Guard

Energy requirements for switching the role module Phase Shield mode reduced by 37%

Improved Pulsar module

The module can now be disabled with ECM systems

Module cooldown reduced by 24%

And there goes EZ-mode with T5 Pulsar in PvE. . . The Phase switch energy is pretty negligible in my experience. And now ECMs have even more trolling power.

Engineer

A serious obstacle for engineering ships is the fact that pilots often employ the ‘Enable the module and forget’ principle.

This is why we tweaked a number of modules.

Autonomous Repair Station

Effect duration reduced by 50%

Module cooldown reduced by 50%

Module durability reduced by 40%

Autonomous Charging Station

Effect duration reduced by 50%

Module cooldown reduced by 17%

Module durability reduced by 40%

Dat Shield station nerf. I approve of the durability reductions though. I don’t use stations so I can just shrug this one off.

Long-range

Improved role module ‘Guided Torpedo’

Explosion radius reduced by 20%

Rotation speed now depends on torpedo level:

Т1: 15 degrees per second

Т2: 16,5 degrees per second

Т3: 18 degrees per second

Т4: 19,5 degrees per second

Т5: 21 degrees per second

Changed radioactive cloud effects

Cloud radius reduced by 10%

I always love a good sniper nerf. :smiley: Good to see now that you have to be a bit more precise with them now.

Universal modules have also been tweaked

Shield modules

Reduced recharge time for modules ‘Shield Booster S/M/L’ by 33%

A1MA

Cooldown time reduced by 30%

Effect duration reduced from 3 to 2 seconds

Both of these look good, certainly makes A1MA a bit trickier to use.

To make fights with interceptors easier, we also increased accuracy for Pulse Lasers:

Good! Now maybe I can finally take off the spread reducing modules hogging my CPU slots.

should make both stations -50% cooldown instead of making both equal cooldown when hull station is much more valuable, since hull is much more tanky.

okay with 30 sec duration to avoid stations being killed.  = naga is now Supernaga. 

tackler buff, 5 sec is really low time. if you dont hit ur target instantly its already gone

gunship buff, just fine.

A1MA cooldown is like 25-27 sec now? not cool. even tho 2 sec aimbot every 30th second, and 10 minutes makes it 20 so avalible to be used 20 times. meh

command buff, very nice. 

guard pulsar, now guards was broken as much as it was. ecm knocks out emergency, liquid and -20% damage taken module. and now this, also cooldown same as before if you add the +12 seconds to duration time. since cooldown doesn’t start instantly when module is used.

ecm = now one of the best ships in entire game and it already was and now its more OP for no reason.

why nerf the long range that is used 30% of all players in tier 3 compared to the long range that is being used 70% of all players in tier 3. snipers is much more popular cause it 1 hit kills ecm’s and 90% damage to tacklers and gunships etc. 

and no need to get mad since there are no jericho long range for tier 1. maybe you revealed its upcoming as a premium ship later on. :wink: good to know. 

Improved logic for Criminal and Aggressor statuses when ramming ships with micro-warpа

If the victim was under Station Protection, it does not become the reason the rammer dies and does not receive the aforementioned statuses

If the rammer had Station Protection, the victim does not become the reason the rammer dies and does not receive the aforementioned statuses

If both were under Station Protection, the victim becomes the reason the rammer dies and receives the aforementioned statuses

Haha, I knew me MWD-killing a dev in front of the station would finally get this getting looked at, but #3 is the problem and that’s unchanged if the patch note are correct, so what’s the point of these changes? #1 and #2 never happen.

Tackler

Practice shows that invisibility is often used to avoid battle rather than stage a surprise attack.

That’s why we decided to stimulate the aggressiveness of tackler pilots:

When ODG Chameleon stops working, weapon damage is increased by 20% for 5 seconds

Because Tacklers weren’t already too strong?

A1MA

Cooldown time reduced by 30%

No words…

Command

By looking through the stats, we came to the conclusion that Diffusion shield is not good enough on higher ranks, and as a result Command ships lose their appeal for high-rank pilots…

A well fit command was already fairly unkillable under diffusion shield. Now this is going to be very lulzy…

With only a 2 second duration even with a gunship you won’t be able to take down a ship that’s at full HP now. It’s a 33% duration reduction for a 30% cooldown time. Not sure if it’s still worth the slot vs. more survivability.

A1MA cooldown is like 25-27 sec now? not cool. even tho 2 sec aimbot every 30th second, and 10 minutes makes it 20 so avalible to be used 20 times. meh

Using it by itself won’t do much so I doubt you’ll be activating it every 30 seconds. It’s more likely that it’ll sit unused while you wait for your other modules to recharge after it finishes. I guess you could spam it, but 2 seconds of auto-aim without Aiming Overcharge and Overdrive seems pretty weak. Also it’s 35 seconds without the -17% duration implant.

get a critical hit on laser and you will for sure 2 second kill a interceptor with a long range laser

for me i got t5 laser but i deal 13 000 damage for each critical hit. should be a bit lower on t4. but still. this will be more frequent and why have a module specified for only one tier. 

seem’s like the dev’s has braced themself for a impact with lower amount of players due to this. 

With only a 2 second duration even with a gunship you won’t be able to take down a ship that’s at full HP now. It’s a 33% duration reduction for a 30% cooldown time. Not sure if it’s still worth the slot vs. more survivability.

No need to attack a full Hp ship, try instead to target someone with poor hp and 2 seconds become an eternity.

Anyway, really, gunship don’t need that buff with the overdrive :stuck_out_tongue:

Interesting balance changes. Finally something new and a little more daring.

I like all the changes. Command got some love, tackler sneak attack buff, pulsar disable, pulse lasers fix… Good stuff. Even overdrive change was needed I think. Not sure if I’m a fan of more spam less tactical timing needed for activation, but I see how it can make the gameplay more dynamic. Always nice to see torpedo nerfs. But A1MA should really be removed from the game.

Okay so A1ma balance, okay. Jerry LRF buff, decent I guess. Tackler buff, lawl. Flag changes, WTF!? Gunship Nerf, saw it coming. Command buff, I never really knew how it worked. Pulsar nerf, oh dear. Guard buff, okay I guess. Engineer buff/nerf, it suppose that’s good. Other than that everything’s good I guess.

And are the devs going to get onto the bot problem? They can track you while using ODG and will continue firing at you.

To solve this problem we differentiated the module’s effectiveness on various ranks:
Т1: 1 energy pts. can absorb 7 damage pts.
Т2: 1 energy pts. can absorb 8 damage pts.
Т3: 1 energy pts. can absorb 9 damage pts.
Т4: 1 energy pts. can absorb 11 damage pts.
Т5: 1 energy pts. can absorb 13 damage pts.
We also tweaked the Valkyrie System module
Now it affects the host ship and allies differently
Damage increase for the host ship is now at 23-38% depending on rank and module version
Damage increase for allied ships is now at 13-23% depending on rank and module version

Thank you!

btw it make sense:

aqxcThF.jpg

Guard
Energy requirements for switching the role module Phase Shield mode reduced by 37%
Improved Pulsar module
The module can now be disabled with ECM systems
Module cooldown reduced by 24%

WHY?!?!?!!?

To make fights with interceptors easier, we also increased accuracy for  Pulse Lasers :

Thank you, devs!

oa5gpcM.jpg

Shield modules
Reduced recharge time for modules ‘Shield Booster S/M/L’ by 33%

yay!

Does this include /tell private message as well?

No, private messages should be fully functional.

Great changes so far.

Now gunships will have less time to escape after overdrive melting any target, or they will need to use the engine overcharge to do so. Also, other gunship modules will be less available to use with overdrive, so in the end, the cooldown reduction is a bit of a nerf. But for me is OK.

Tackler buff looks nice. Still, chamaleon camo will be used as a escape route, but now you can just turn around and fight again with a 20% bonus. Very nice.

Diff shield + shield booster cooldown reduction will improve the sword hull commands in tier 5. Aura will still be better for pure command auras, but now the Sword S will have almost more Dff shield durability thanks to the bonus to energy consumption.

Pulse laser spread reduction is very welcome. I have to test it, but that means all pulse laser ceptors now are free to switch the electronic guidance for other CPU modules. Or keep it for almost pin point accuracy.

A1MA is still nonsense when used with laser weapons. Having 2 seconds of full damage from LRF beams or gunship ions is huge. But now at least EB ceptors won’t die.

The only problem I see here is that reverse thruster is still untouched. It needs to break EM scattering field, have somekind of charging time,  travel time AND you should be able to crash into stuff like recons.

It is hilarious that a recon MWD have all those drawbacks, and a frigate reverse instant jump don’t.