Star Conflict OBT v.0.11.3 Discussion

Thank you, devs!

oa5gpcM.jpg

yay!

One EG or none?

Pff, Valkyrie should be a team module, so it should give boost ONLY to allies, or evenly, but not this way.

One EG or none?

single edit: none actually, thought I had had one on but didn’t. I’ll actually have to fight yeahalex now instead of always just running in circles around him making fun of his pulse lasers that he can’t could not hit me with. :stuck_out_tongue:

Improved Pulsar module

Now it starts recharging when the effect ends

The module can now be disabled with ECM systems

Module cooldown reduced by 24%

This is not an improvement. 

The module now have a true Cooldown of 45 seconds when it was 39.3 seconds before.

Also, if this module is impacted by ECM, it’s also impacted by the “Ion Warhead”.

The “Rapidus III” will have no impact on it anymore.

That’s not what I call an Improvement, that’s a nerf. (As if Guards did not have enough modules that could be interrupted).

The changes on the fighters were predictable.

A fleet composition is supposed to be focus on fighters and not on Interceptors/Frigates.

And the base Spread on the Pulse laser without Electronic Guidance is 0.9°

with 1 Electronic Guidance is 0.6 °

with 2 Electronic Guidances is 0.4°

One EG or none?

none  :012j:

The module now have a true Cooldown of 45 seconds when it was 39.3 seconds before.

Also, if this module is impacted by ECM, it’s also impacted by the “Ion Warhead”.

That’s not what I call an Improvement, that’s a nerf. (As if Guards did not have enough modules that could be interrupted).

This.

Single. I’ll actually have to fight yeahalex now instead of always just running in circles around him making fun of his pulse lasers that he can’t could not hit me with. :stuck_out_tongue:

Well, that because he is new to pulses. I’ve been using them since they were bad, so now that they are good, I’m doing very well with them.

I think I will keep my EG in pulse ceptors. 0,9 is quite good for accuracy.

none :012j:

Oh boy, this is good. One more CPU available in all my recons and ECMs!

Yep, it was none, thought I’d had one on but didn’t. Crazy buffs…

liking the updates, fighters needed a buff, too many coil frigballs. like the guard nerf, that thing is too powerful even in the wrong hands. might start flying ecm again now that it can interupt pulsar. still think A1MA should be removed entirely but hey, nice patch

The Legends are true! He is real…

qn7fOaB.jpg

This is not good now all ships that use the pulsar are now becoming flying bricks…they are no longer effective in battle or in pve missions. The cool down time was of no consequence if the implant rapidus III at level 13 is in effect, now using that implant for the pulsar is no longer effective. The ships that use the pulsar do not rotate or strafe in order to be effective in battle, the pulsar was the only reason to use this ship and the phase shield has been lowered also.

Notice the speed was not increased to make up for the loss of fire power and shields. To balance the guard ships now the ship speed needs to be increased to 350 m/s and 450 with afterburners. 

Why not put a new autography ( sticker ) free to all the guards that states…come and kill me.

This game keeps lowering the effectiveness of the ships and the developers do not consider that people will quit playing because of this fact, a lot of players already have.

This is not good now all ships that use the pulsar are now becoming flying bricks…they are no longer effective in battle or in pve missions. The cool down time was of no consequence if the implant rapidus III at level 13 is in effect, now using that implant for the pulsar is no longer effective. The ships that use the pulsar do not rotate or strafe in order to be effective in battle, the pulsar was the only reason to use this ship and the phase shield has been lowered also.

Notice the speed was not increased to make up for the loss of fire power and shields. To balance the guard ships now the ship speed needs to be increased to 350 m/s and 450 with afterburners. 

Why not put a new autography ( sticker ) free to all the guards that states…come and kill me.

This game keeps lowering the effectiveness of the ships and the developers do not consider that people will quit playing because of this fact, a lot of players already have.

I suppose you are new here. Also, guards going 350 m/s are the federation ones, and they are quite good. The bricks are the jerry ones. They have their advantages and disadvantages.

The only thing they have nerfed is the perma pulsar in PvE and PvP Other than that, the pulsar cooling rate is almost the same (a bit higher I think)

Guards are still very hard to kill 1v1. Anyway, guards are not supposed to play alone. They are “guarding” ships not tanks. Their duty is to protect allies from missiles, hit and run, and pesky interceptors, and create a no fly zone around the squad. They still do that, but I admit they are a difficult class to master. I had my own hard time trying to master them, but now I’m enjoying them.

The Legends are true! He is real…

qn7fOaB.jpg

Now no one will be safe when they travel through that place,because the Punisher has infinite pulsar,nooo good.

Not happy, I fly frigates, thus I am slow and a big target.

ECM’s can shut my ship down in an instant, a few of them together, can shut me down till I die…

And now you have let them disable my Pulsar when they get up in my face ?

WTF is that about ? the only defence I have left when ECM shut me down, one I used to scare them off more than usual ?

Until today, when an ECM was comming at me, if I got pulsar going before they shut me down, I had a chance to stay alive … and now you killed that too ??

Why are you giving such small ships an advantage over big slow ships ?

Stop nerfing my frigates, I’ve spent a small fracking fortune on this game in the last year, and you keep changing the few things I still like… wtf are you on ?

ECM is already a troll ship, and you just made it worse…

liking the updates, fighters needed a buff, too many coil frigballs. like the guard nerf, that thing is too powerful even in the wrong hands. might start flying ecm again now that it can interupt pulsar. still think A1MA should be removed entirely but hey, nice patch

Utter rubbish, you just want another OP option for your ECM to rule and you to “shine”.

When I start to see you in frigates and not small ships more often, then you can talk, but we don’t, do we, you are always in wee ships, so of course you like this extra “I win! -look at me” button…

Utter rubbish, you just want another OP option for your ECM to rule and you to “shine”.

When I start to see you in frigates and not small ships more often, then you can talk, but we don’t, do we, you are always in wee ships, so of course you like this extra “I win! -look at me” button…

umm no, i think ecm’s have been a bit of a gamebreaker in any situation that isn’t a 1v1 but even so I have not flown one in the last 4-5 months. on the other hand guards are way to tanky. on thier own or in a group of different ship types i think they are balanced but when the frigball starts and you get 6 guards all giving each other a massive hug, then they become insanely overpowered. you are probably one of those guys that likes to sit in the middle of the guard love mess and squirt off your coil mortar everywhere. this is what the devs are trying to change, get people using a variety of ships to stop the frigball which just sucks all the fun out of the match

I like the balance changes, specially the Command and Guard one, maybe (athough I doubt it) we will see less frigballing? It was disgusting to see 4 guards on an enemy team.

I’m not sure if the Pulse Laser buff was needed, but I think it’s ok. 

And like other said before, the change on Tackler Chameleon wont increase the aggressiveness of the players 20% extra damage for only 5 seconds doesn’t make it worthy enough. The module will be almost always used for scaping…

The changes on the fighters were predictable.

A fleet composition is supposed to be focus on fighters and not on Interceptors/Frigates.

And the base Spread on the Pulse laser without Electronic Guidance is 0.9°

with 1 Electronic Guidance is 0.6 °

with 2 Electronic Guidances is 0.4°

1336942871543.gif

umm no, i think ecm’s have been a bit of a gamebreaker in any situation that isn’t a 1v1 but even so I have not flown one in the last 4-5 months. on the other hand guards are way to tanky. on thier own or in a group of different ship types i think they are balanced but when the frigball starts and you get 6 guards all giving each other a massive hug, then they become insanely overpowered. you are probably one of those guys that likes to sit in the middle of the guard love mess and squirt off your coil mortar everywhere. this is what the devs are trying to change, get people using a variety of ships to stop the frigball which just sucks all the fun out of the match

Nope, I never sit in a group of guards, in my guard.

If there were too many guards, I would change to some other frig, usually an engineer.

Also, you exaggerate, there are very few matches where one team is full of guards, and even less that are all, as you say, “giving each other a hug”, that is a ridiculous statement.

You do though, seem to have a problem, with anyone besting you, or even getting close to besting you. I’ve hardly to never seen you in anything medium sized, ( tackler,command),

or large, (frigate) ship, you are most always in a small fast ship, so hence I can see why you want another tool against frigates that you dislike so much.

“this is what the devs are trying to change”… How would you know ?.. by your own statement, that has not worked with you, you said yourself that you might start flying ecm again… how is that changing your habits of flying small OP ships ?

I love how guys like you, seem to think you have the answer just because you shout it out often and always.

Just like the guys here that post all the time, they think they have the answers to what has to happen, and never consider the silent majority that never use the forums and usually wont agree …

I like the balance changes, specially the Command and Guard one, maybe (athough I doubt it) we will see less frigballing? It was disgusting to see 4 guards on an enemy team.

Disgusting ? How so ? Just four guards disgusts you ?.. I bet you are another one of those pilots that dont understand guards, and only fly around in small ships… typical

Not everyone likes ecm, recon etc…

The recharge starts once you get interrupted, so if it’s at the begining of the activation than it was just massively canceled, just like gunship’s Overdrive is. Deal with it. It was easy enough to frigball anyway. Gunship’s overdrive and other modules could be completely canceled since the begining of time. Until now, guards were practically immune to pretty much anything, and pulsar was broken by not being counted as an active module but “activate and forget weapon”, existing in it’s own dimension and rules, which was dumb, and was not on the same track as all other modules in the games are.

Finally pulsar gets an actual nerf that means fixing the mechanic, not just the numbers of damage and range, now taking some more skill when to use it and how to use, and it also gives more purpose to ECM and Command ships again. Not that the change is particullary vital to the meta, but still good to see some more skill required now that makes you think when to activate it, it will swing around in overall random games a bit more, where you see heavy frigate balling and area denial with pulsar that creates and impenetrable fortress of stationary defense. Finally this crap is fixed. Could not support this change more.

Disgusting ? How so ? Just four guards disgusts you ?.. I bet you are another one of those pilots that dont understand guards, and only fly around in small ships… typical

Not everyone likes ecm, recon etc…

I’ve hardly to never seen you in anything medium sized, ( tackler,command),

or large, (frigate) ship, you are most always in a small fast ship, so hence I can see why you want another tool against frigates that you dislike so much.

I love how guys like you, seem to think you have the answer just because you shout it out often and always.

Just like the guys here that post all the time, they think they have the answers to what has to happen, and never consider the silent majority that never use the forums and usually wont agree …

I agree we should listen to silent majority!

But how can we listen when they are silent? :015j:

Idk if I get it right but you(as frig pilot) have problem with good players with ceptors… who knows why.

Anyway democracy suck.

If devs would listen to majority we would have A1MA in all tiers, only ion/beam type of weapons so we can deal max dps with A1MA  :006j:

I think devs done some changes according to majority wish - sharpnel